HWH Air Level

1st of all thank you all for your help. Turns out my compressor worked all along. You see when I bought the coach it was 6 yrs old and my first one. Whenever I would use one of the raise buttons I always herd noise I thought was the valves. Now I heard this if the tanks had 130 psi or 10 turns out the the pressure switch had failed in the closed position so the compressor would always run no matter what psi I had. So now it's all back together and when the tanks are up and the raise is pushed I just hear a small air sound as I see the coach rise What a difference.

Now please tell me if I'm correct on this. Parked on level lot coach aired up auto level on over time lets say driver side sags a little faster then the passenger side and when the system wakes up and it's out of the parameter it will let air out of the ps. till level. days later same thing till eventually the coach has set all the way down it will never add air because it's level  and there it will stay. And of course if you were on a unlevel lot it would still lower all the way down and then when that didn't work any more it would run the compressor as it raised the low side.  It will never keep the original height all it knows how to do is keep it level nor will it fill the tanks they would only get some air while the low side is being raised to the height required. 

If all this is good I will move onto another part of my air problem in another post.

Roy, your understanding of the AUTO function is correct. It will release air on the high side to achieve the level of the coach. Some people will dump all air to get the step as low as possible and then level.

My AUTO function never gets the coach as level as I like it to be therefore I never use the AUTO function. I always set my level using the manual up and down arrows and then leave it there. I have been sitting at this location since July 15th and have not needed to tweak the level even a smidgen.

Rich when you dump all the air out are there stops inside the air bag so they don't get to crushed I've always thought that could harm the bags.  And I have almost always set mine manually as well for the same reason but it would still lower down. So do you let all the air out before you level or is yours just that leak proof 

Roy, you got it right. Pretty simple if you already are on a level ground. If you were on a slope, let's say with your front or rear already on the bump stops (yes they are inside the bag) the corners that remain inflated will "breath" with the day/night temperature changes. You may or may not notice it and so could the autoleveling and it may need the compressor to help it to level up unless you turn it off and live with it.

Don't know if anything is inside the air bags however, whenever we are at our winter home in Florida, I park the coach under the house which is like a RV Port. It is exactly 12 feet high. So in order to get the coach under the port I have to dump all of the air in the bags then slowly back up under the house. There is maybe 3-4 inches of clearance left to the top of the AC's. I place a sign on the driver's side dash with instructions as to how to safely move the coach in case something happens to me. I've been doing that for the past four years now without any problems with the air bags.

I do not dump air before leveling. I park, run out slides, then level manually. I have an extra portable step we use when needed if the single main step is not low enough to the ground.

IMG_1699.jpg

I have a problem with dumping my front end. Left, rear and right dump fine. No front dumping is happening.  I could hear the clicking with no air release. I cleaned out the manifolds from mud daubers on the rear and the front. There were two on the rear, but I only found one manifold up front. Is there another manifold I'm missing? After cleaning the manifolds I heard the clicking for the front air dumping, but still nothing was being released. After pressing the button multiple times to try to locate the manifold there is no clicking. So I'm wondering if I might have burnt up the electronic valve now? 

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Jarred A. 04 HR Navigator 45'

Edited by directorsusa

Chances are that the release port(s) where the air comes from on the 6 pack valve is not completely clean from the Mud Daubers nest.

In regards to the electronics, you'd have to get into the main control box which should be mounted to the ceiling in one of your bottom storage bays. At least that's where mine is mounted. Then look in there and follow the troubleshooting diagrams in the HWH manual to check all of the electronics.

4 hours ago, directorsusa said:

I have a problem with dumping my front end. Left, rear and right dump fine. No front dumping is happening.  I could hear the clicking with no air release. 

When you say "left, rear and right dump" are you sure the front left and front right actually dump along with the rear sides? If really so, the problem isn't with the valves, they just may not be getting the signal. Have you tried this with properly inflated bags, like from travel mode? There are pressure sensors to prevent further dumping if one side is already deflated. Also wonder if you could tell where the clicking was coming from, could it be from the control box and not the solenoids themself? Unless you have a 3 point system (unlikely), the front dump function would use a valve for each front corner and turn both of them at the same time to dump the front. BUT, the pressure sensors need to indicate some pressure in the bags.

Thank you for replying. 

I do not know if the front is releasing while pressing the left and right. That is a good idea for me to check out. I hear the dump hiss, but it could very well be just the rear only and not front. All the manual functions work - lift/dump on the 4 positions (left, rear, right, front) except the front dump. When i could hear the clicking on the dump for front it seemed to be coming from the manifold. I'm going to try and spray something in the exhaust ports to make sure they are not still clogged, but I'm almost positive they are clear. Unfortunately the front dump no longer activates any clicking so I'm assuming something went out.

I constantly get the out of level alarm while the engine is running and even driving. But when I make a turn the alarm momentarily stops. That is what got me going on figuring out what was wrong with the HWH. 

Thanks a lot guys. I will report back.

19 minutes ago, directorsusa said:

I constantly get the out of level alarm while the engine is running and even driving. But when I make a turn the alarm momentarily stops. 

Jarred, the fact that you can dump all four corners with the main DUMP button proves your valves. I would not worry about those anymore. 

Now, the note that you get level alarms (I suppose you are referring to the yellow lights) while driving is a new and important piece. You should only see the green Travel light. That would make me to check cable connection between the back of the touchpad and the controller. Both are known to become loose. Simple fix with a tie wrap or a dab of silicon.

If not that, my suspicion would be that one or more of the push buttons is malfunctioning. I don't think that any of us knows how exactly the touchpad circuitry handles the push commands to translate them into signals for individual valves but I know for fact that a bad button can turn on, or at least cause the board to indicate that leveling is active, even intermittently, when it should not be (like when driving, park brake off, in gear).

Buttons can be replaced if it comes to it, touchpad can be refurbished or bought new from HWH, whatever one chooses. I have replaced all my buttons for a couple of $ in no time and all is functioning since then. Here's what's under the touchpad sticker. These buttons get sticky or random over time.

IMG_2708.JPG

• Thanks 1

Sorry. I suppose I wasn't clear on my explanation. Just to be clear, I cannot manually dump the "Front". The front dump button used to make a clicking noise without the hissing of air being released. But now it no longer even makes the clicking noise. All other buttons appear to work. I get the out of level alarm but the travel light is lit. I suspect it is the valve that could be stuck for the air release. I have yet to investigate further but hopefully we'll have time tomorrow. Thanks.