Residential fridge and inverter compatibility

Steven P

Added all the brackets today. Now all that is left is to cut the louvered wood and reinstall that piece. This fridge should not go anywhere!  I have 4 aluminum brackets held to the sides w 3m heavy duty double sided tape and large screws in the wood cabinet.  I also added 2 smaller mending brackets to the bottom and used existing bolts on the fridge.  I used left over slotted iron that fit perfectly into the wheel holes and mounted them to the angle iron.  For the back, I added a guide/horizontal stop by one wheel, a bumper to the existing frame, and a self drilling screw from the L bracket to the back of the fridge (carefully checking clearance).  I think that will do it (except those door latches).  Truthfully,  I'm posting all this here so when I need to pull it out,  you guys can remind me where all the fasteners are!  🤣🤣

20200930_175438.jpg

20200930_180526.jpg

20200930_184743.jpg

20200930_184754.jpg

20200930_184759.jpg

20200930_184814.jpg

20200930_172051.jpg

20200930_172114.jpg

20200930_184913.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For all you guys that have gone to a residential with the furnace underneath and being married to a vertically challenged spouse (5'0") has your better half complained about reaching to the top part of the refrigerator?  I know it's not earth shattering, but I am curious.  My wife has a Dickins of time even for the cabinets.  I bought her a short stool, but that's also a pain.

@Doug Hoeghmy wife is 5'  and we looked hard for a side by side fridge that would meet our needs better but found none.  I'll let you know how the new fridge works out for her.  I'll just be sure to keep my beer in her reach!  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I don't really see much of a difference in my case as the top refrigerator is the same height was what the Norcold was.  We can always use low usage items up there.   With the ~50% more room if we don't use the top shelf we will still be way ahead. 

Besides, we now have enough extra freezer space for ice cream which will make my wife happy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steven P said:

@Doug Hoeghmy wife is 5'  and we looked hard for a side by side fridge that would meet our needs better but found none.  I'll let you know how the new fridge works out for her.  I'll just be sure to keep my beer in her reach!  🤣🤣🤣

You’re such a considerate husband. Setting a lofty standard.😂

Edited by saflyer
  • Haha 1