RC7GS Led Indicator

greg1262002

Noticed my charging LED was flashing quickly which I hadn't noticed before. No error LED, normal float charging message in the screen, battery full LED has steady light. According to the manual the charging  LED will not be lit in float mode. 

Anyone seen this and/or know what it my mean? Thanks. 

Greg t W5KJ

2000 Dynasty

39 minutes ago, greg1262002 said:

Noticed my charging LED was flashing quickly which I hadn't noticed before. No error LED, normal float charging message in the screen, battery full LED has steady light. According to the manual the charging  LED will not be lit in float mode. 

Anyone seen this and/or know what it my mean? Thanks.

Greg, not sure which manual you have or you are referring to but according to my RC7-GS manual the Charge LED flashing "fast" is normal when your battery bank is in FLOAT charging mode.  If it is a "very fast flash" then your charger is in "equalizing"" charging mode.

So to me it appears your Inverter is acting normal.

I will upload the RC7-GS Manual that I have to the Files Section for you to compare to yours.

Good to hear. My manual  its effective date is Nov 1 1997 and "When the charger is charging in the float mode....the Charge LED will not be lighted".  Guess I could check which software version is installed but I'll do that if it occurs to me when I have nothing else to do. 

Panel is in the corner of the bedroom adjacent to a cupboard the door of which I leave open so when it goes through its periodic lighting up in the middle of the night we can't see e it. About the only time I look at it is when we're off grid, something isn't right or when I first hookup.  None of which tends to involve float charging. I've probably seen it before but just didn't register. W5K

Thanks!

Greg t W5KJ

2000 Dynasty