Cameras for Velvac mirrors

My Coach came with the side view cameras mounted below the mirror arms. They are the ones mounted in an aluminum "box". Kind of ugly and just the right height to smack your head on if you're not paying attention. I have the mirrors apart because I am having the base and the arms replated and I am considering updating the cameras to the next generation ones that I've seen that mount in the same place but are a much more discreet and speaker design. I would also consider cameras that mount to the side of the outside wall. I've been searching and haven't been able to locate either one. Does anyone know where I may be able to find either one of these?

thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

The cameras are made by Intec. I had one repaired already. You might want to call them to see if they have have an upgraded version. I believe they have a color version to replaced the BW ones that came in my coach -  that's if you don't mind the brick style. Then you don't need to worry about wiring or mounting changes .

http://www.intecvideo.com/contact.html

Edited by CountryB

Thanks for the replies and info guys. I currently have the the three glass Velvac mirrors with the signal that n the glass and heated and I am happy with them. The worst part is that their chroming process is terrible and it only takes a few years for it to start failing. I have my bases and arms currently at Space Coast for replating since they have a great process. Considering this I would like to also get rid of the brick style camera enclosures. There is a couple good A/V shops near me so I will see what they can offer. I also finally did find a manufacturer that makes a nice side mount camera and I am going to call them to discuss. If I go this route I will then get the light from Velvac to fill in where the camera currently is mounted

I have seen these retrofitted in place of the head knockers. Brian Cramer (Ed Monaco employee) posted these pictures on Facebook in the  Monaco Owners RV group.

F4EA66D1-991E-4EC9-ABF5-4CF33F9DA4D3.jpeg

778E90BA-67F5-45CF-BE7A-C67A75E848F2.jpeg

Edited by pwhittle

11 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Do you know of a contact address for Brian Cramer?  Is he on the Forum?  Would like to see how they worked for him. 

Not yet. I have reached out to him on FB.

Paul

On 1/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, Chargerman said:

Thank you but I don’t go on Facebook. If anyone knows an email for him or another way I can connect with him I would appreciate it

Steven,

I've invited Brian to join this group.  We'll see if we can lure him in... 🙂

That’s good to know. Thanks. 
Honestly, I very rarely use the side cameras and would eliminate them but they are part of the system so I think it’s best to keep them active

Also, after looking at the lights that I purchased from Velvac to go where my cameras were mounted I realized that they are simply the standard amber push on marker lights that are/were common on over the road tractors and trailers 😡. Paid $18 each for them and could have gotten them for probably $2-3. Just thought I would pass it on for those who are not aware 

• 1 month later...

In preparation for the install of my new side view cameras I was wondering if anyone knew the wiring of this plug that supplied the mirror camera. I know I can find which one is power easy when I get back to the coach but would be good to know each wires function so I can be ready. Three wires in the plug. red, black and white.

thanks!

AE6349B3-9BF4-4640-AE56-F1CAD728D30D.jpeg