Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/212-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Serpintine Belt Tensioner
Admirial RVr
allphase8
RV window seals
Admirial RVr
Scotty Hutto
Admirial RVr
2002 windsor RC7 GS problem
Ivan K
RV window seals
Ivan K
RV window seals
Admirial RVr
RV window seals
96 EVO
RV window seals
Ivan K
winterize aquahot
ekgflashnet
Magnum remote settings
philcarrell
winterize aquahot
Speerfamily
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
winterize aquahot
Skip Smith
Ernest Tumbleston
Tecma toilet will not flush
amphi_sc
Bob Nodine

Admirial RVr

I have a 2006 Diplomat and am looking at changing my belt and tensioner. I am guessing , because of RR This change can only be done from under the coach or do I need someone above and underneath ? Or is it a one person job? Looks like a real pain.

Don T.

allphase8

Don

Can't be much help here, my coach is an SR.

Would believe RR will be a tough proposition.

Ron

2006 Camelot

RV window seals
Admirial RVr

2006 Diplomat , Looking to replace window seal at copilot seat. Is there a specific seal to order are these seals the soft putty that will squeze out. In either case caulk is required. If they are not special design I guess I can use rubber weather stripping from Home Depot or Lowes.

Don T.

2006 Diplomat

Scotty Hutto
18 minutes ago, Admirial RVr said:

I have a 2006 Diplomat and am looking at changing my belt and tensioner. I am guessing , because of RR This change can only be done from under the coach or do I need someone above and underneath ? Or is it a one person job? Looks like a real pain.

Don T.

I didn't do it myself. Maybe @Bob Nodine could weigh in?  He's done lots of major maintenance projects on his 2006 Dip -- I bet he's done this 😉

Admirial RVr

Scotty did you go to Cummins? I'm in FL  I think FT Meyers is closest.

I did see Bobs post on cleaning his RR. What an ideal time that would be to make belt and tensioner change. 

Thanks,

Don T

Ivan K

Our RC7GS was randomly ticking like you describe when we purchased the coach second hand. No resets would make it stop until I replaced it. It also had troubles turning on the invertor at that time. It had nothing to do with an extension cord.

RV window seals
Ivan K

I take a guess that you are talking about a seal between the assembled side window frame and the outside wall. Ours has a ribbed flat rubber strip between the window frame and outside wall, sticking to the window frame but not the wall. You can not see or replace it without removing the whole window. For visual reference, the same strip is used to seal our engine hatch, may or may not be same on yours. Then the perimeter of the outside frame is sealed by Proflex and that's what makes it totally sealed. 

Disregard if you are talking about a different window or window seal as there are multiple seals in the assembly...

RV window seals
Admirial RVr

Ivan, 

Thanks yes it is the seal  you described . Have not taken the window out yet but guessed it was something similar to what you described. Did you buy your from HD or Lowes? I will definetly use Proflex.

Don T.

RV window seals
96 EVO

Whenever I pull a window out, I throw away the rubber seal and replace it with Butyl tape. 

RV window seals
Ivan K

I have not replaced ours since they looked good and were not leaking prior to removal due to glass fogging. Seems yours are leaking so that's different. Is it possible that your inside screws might just need tightening? I would have replaced them if I had them handy tho. Personally, I do not use butyl tape on parts that may have to be taken out in the future but it certainly will work.

winterize aquahot
ekgflashnet

To winterize my 2005 Dynasty I used an air compressor to blew out all the cold and hot water lines by opening faucets, toilet valve and washer/dryer lines one at a time.  Do I have to do something additional to winterize the aguahot unit?  Does it have a separate tank that needs to be drained or is blowing out the hot water lines by opening the hot water faucets sufficient?

thanks,

steveg 2005 DDIV

Magnum remote settings
philcarrell

Found 2 150 amp breakers in rear run bay that were flipped.  Got those reset and was chargeing. Left campground this morning and the inverter was off tried to turn back on no luck.  Started generator and it came on.  Got to next stop turned off generator inverter goes off.  Plug into shore power it will come back on.  I think control board inside computer is bad.  What is name of compaNy that rebuilds the inverters

winterize aquahot
Speerfamily

There is a coil that wraps around the burner... I have always been told that you need to pump antifreeze thru the aqua hot and that’s what I do. A friend only blew air thru his and it froze up costing him 10k

stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

Tim how much for the replacement panel

winterize aquahot
Skip Smith

The aqua hot unit has 2 systems in the one unit.  One system is for the heating of the coach, and has permanent antifreeze in it, and requires no winterization.   The other section is the domestic hot water system, and needs to be winterized.  This can be done with blowing out with compressed air, through all the hot water fixtures, one at a time.   I always take extra cautions and are very thourogh with this process, taking a lot of time, blowing lots of air, and repeating every fixture..  The aquahot does not have a separate tank, like a gas fired hot water tank is.   It is an internal loop of  coiled copper wire, that is immersed in the hot coolant for the heating section.  Need to blow lots of air through this coil to be sure that no water is left trapped in the lower sections of the coil.  You may not want to hear this, but,  I follow up with rv antifreeze after blowing out with air, for additional protection. My coach has a separate tank to put the antifreeze into, and uses the water pump to pump the stuff through all the pipes. If you don't have this, you can buy a fitting that hooks to the water pump, with a short section of hose, that you can put in the gallon jugs, and pump the stuff through the pipes, I run it until I have pink stuff at every fixture.  I do not put the pink stuff in the water tank.  I also do not run pink stuff through the ice maker on the ref. Remember to run enough pink stuff, so every trap has some, and so the waste valves, black and grey have some.

Ernest Tumbleston

I need one too if anyone has one for sale!  Mine is doing the same thing.  All of the time. I had to unplug it.  

Tecma toilet will not flush
amphi_sc

Something jammed in the macerator blades so the motor doesn't run?  Have you pulled it out from the wall and removed the rubber hose like sweep to see into the plastic blade area?  (I am assuming you were talking about a Tecma Silence)

FWIW

Bob Nodine
20 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I didn't do it myself. Maybe @Bob Nodine could weigh in?  He's done lots of major maintenance projects on his 2006 Dip -- I bet he's done this 😉

I have not changed the belt tensioner but have replaced the belt and I did that all from underneath without accessing anything from the bedroom. I doubt you could even touch the belt tensioner from the bedroom, let alone change it. I think it is doable from below. I would suggest making wood blocks from 8 x 8 timbers or four 4 x 4's grouped together that are just long enough to fit under the retracted jacks. On my coach they are 10 inches in height at the rear and a single 12 inch one for the front. Their height will depend on where your ride height is set. The objective is for safety while you are under the coach in the event that a major air leak happens while you are under there. With the blocks under the jacks the coach will not drop below ride height. I am not a large person and can get under the coach and work with it at ride height. If you need more room to work you can put the PowerGear in manual and raise the rear using the jacks to give yourself a little more room. Make sure to chock the wheels. If the jacks fail while you are under the coach it will drop back to ride height on the blocks. Just make sure you are not is a position while you are under the coach that could pin you with the coach at ride height.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.