Kit to replace Intec mirror mounted side cameras

pwhittle

I made a plug and play cable so I could take the Sony Monitor out of operation. It include a power converter to provide the 8.2V for the Sony rear camera and power the new monitor.

D8FEFC25-E6C3-425E-9FC5-0B267384C2C9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered and promptly received a camera kit from Paul.  Today I installed it with one small glitch, and it had nothing to do with the kit.  It is complete even includes new hardware, and is completely plug and play!  We did it without removing the driver mirror easily, the wire slipped out and in with no problem, but on the passenger side we had to remove the mirror to get a better purchase on the wire and move some connectors around a bit.  The new cameras are fantastic, clear, nice resolution, small, unobtrusive.  Unfortunately it now shows how much the rear camera needs improvement.  Any ideas on that?  Thanks Paul for a great replacement kit for the side cameras!

My rear camera still works, but I now see that it needs an update.

I did help @Scotty Hutto update the body mounted side cameras on their Diplomat, so got to play with some different cameras.

I do plan to do a similar plug and play update for the rear camera.

• 2 weeks later...

One member gave me some feedback on the difficulty they go had getting all the wires into one of the arms.

I did another camera for them by cutting most of the cable out. It certainly makes for a shorter cable, but more work to do with the additional cutting and splicing/soldering.

C03C1DD1-B8F9-41E9-8682-375D10A608C1.jpeg

FB091BDE-5143-4695-A2B2-472D980D440B.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Paul, I am replacing my system, the rear and side cameras and monitor.  I'm going with a split screen quad 10 inch monitor.  My side view cameras are mounted inside the mirrors, they are not exterior hanging below the mirror.  I have no desire to keep or replace them.  I will go with new surface mounted side cameras.  I have the old Sony camera in the rear which is going in the garbage along with the current monitor in the dash.  My camera selector switch died and the boys in Coburg say it is no longer available.  So, I need two side view cameras and a rear view and the where-with-all to re-use the 6 pin connector wiring on the old rear Sony camera.  I can splice onto the existing wiring, that's no problem, if that will work.  If you can help me with that, great, I'd rather give the money to you.  I'm hoping to be able to mount the new rear camera in the same factory housing as the Sony.  Trouble is I have no idea yet how to affix the housing to the rear cap.  Someone at some time had gone in a fiddled around with something and the housing was held in place with silicone.  The mounting hardware can not be accessed from the outside.  Not sure if I can get to the rear cap from the inside the coach through the wardrobe closet.  By the way, do you drive with that monitor sitting where it is on the dash?  I'm in the process of trying to get a monitor to fit somehow without obstructing my view while driving.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Hi Woody,

I drive with the monitor and other devices like that. I do not find it obstructs my view to any noticeable degree. I try not to get that close to vehicles in front of me, and there are gaps between the screens to see immediately in front if necessary.

There are various video switches/combiners available on Amazon that work well. Take a look at @Scotty Hutto’s camera update thread. 

On our 2005 Signature access to the rear camera is from outside. A plate screws off from the rear outside and our camera is mounted to that.

If you see silicone, you likely have to slice through it to remove a plate, then clean it up and use silicone to reinstall it.

Can you post some pictures of yours?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My camera housing was installed before the cap was installed or it was installed prior to the interior being finished.  There are no fasteners on the outside of any type.  Your set up is similar to mine except my camera was held in place with plumbers metal tape, the kind with the holes in it. ????  There were two "T" type bolts that were used to keep it in place using two small holes in the fiberglass cap.  Today I will try and see if I can get to this area going through the back of the closet.  I haven't quite figured out how to get pictures off my iphone onto my PC.  Is there a small rear view camera that you would recommend?  I really like those side view cameras/housings installed on Scotty's rig.  My old Sony camera is model (?)CB-RV2MH, there is a letter I believe before the "CB" but it is hard to read.  If that helps about the size of the housing, but the camera/air port look almost exactly like yours, it's just not flush mounted.  I just need a camera I can put in that housing.  One last thing, so how did I get the housing off if no access to fasteners?  The T bolts appeared to have been glued on with some sort of adhesive that failed.  Silicone was holding the housing in place.  In your opinion does it make a difference in camera quality between CMOS or CCD technology?  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Paul, after talking with you I checked into the BOYO monitor and cameras.  Pulled the trigger on their 9 inch DVR monitor and a camera for the rear view.  Of all places, Wal-Mart sells BOYO and the lowest price with free delivery.  Seems like the only thing I can't find a lower price on is  the RAM mount stuff.  RAM is pretty proud of their stuff, but it does the job.