Paint Codes tip

Need your paint codes?  I've been told they are on the driver's seat pedestal.  See pic below of a member's paint codes from his 2006 Diplomat.  

IMG_1653.thumb.JPG.69baa5a4ee0fdfd67e87937a656de6d1.JPG

I needed the codes for my rig, as a sign post jumped out into the side of my rig.  Looked under the seat and bah!!  Someone had pulled the sticker off.

After a little research I found that the paint codes can still be obtained from REV by requesting a coach data sheet (See below).  My paint guy checked the codes this past week and TADA!! they are correct!  Althought much of the old Monaco information is gone, I *believe* REV still provides data sheets for older coaches.  If someone has newer info, please post.

IMG_1655.thumb.jpeg.cc57afc11a29bbd61b9fbc94b2551b44.jpeg

Scotty,

You can get the formulas for the paint from the place in Oregon that supplied the paint to Monaco. When I was doing some work on the coach last year I ended up doing that because our local paint store could only find one of the paints via the paint code. I called Industrial Finishes and they sent me a PDF of the paint formulas for the three colors on our coach.

Industrial Finishes

3455 W 1st Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97402

(541) 485-2033

Ask for paint desk

Will email or fax paint formulas to youPaint formulas for our Diplomat.pdf Here is what they sent me for our coach.

• Thanks 1

Scotty

i was fortunate enough to have the paint codes under my seat, but I’m still deciding what to do with them.  I have a chip here and there, but unsure whether to attempt dabbing with a touch up pen.  And where to purchase.  I’ve seen advertised touch up paint pens mixed to your desired colors.  I’m curious, who in the group has done the touch up routine and how did it look?

• 1 month later...

We contacted Monaco/REV and were able to get paint codes for our 2003 Windsor (see attached).  I google some of the numbers (like the main "gold" color WI3122), and found this on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEIGE-METALLIC-Aerosol-Touch-Up-Paint-12oz-for-Monaco-Coach-/133216277040

It seems like they have many of the Monaco paint codes, and mention cans, bottles, and touch up pens.  I've sent them a message for more information, but has anyone here heard of these guys or tried their paints?  I'm going to try some a mixes from a local auto paint supply here in Tucson, but may try the ebay seller as well, depending on how it goes.

And while we're talking paint, the sheet from REV doesn't mention the fourth "black" color.  We'll try phoning REV about that next week, but does anyone here have any details about the black in these schemes?

thanks, Jason.

Monaco Windsor Paint Codes Cashew.pdf

• 4 months later...

I called Industrial Finishes and Monaco and they are not able to find the paint codes for my 1997 Monaco Dynasty.  It's the Green on Green with the White Stripe with Brown Pinstripe.  The original sticker pulls up in Manaco's system using the last eight of my VIN, but it did not include the paint codes.  The paint codes are not on the driver or passenger seat pedestals or on the list in the wardrobe.  

Does anyone happen to have the same color/year coach with the paint codes?

Thanks for the help.

Jody

Jody, I spoke with a couple of nice ladies in parts department of Veurinks.  Sorry, there was a typo previously. I was looking for a part

and they had all kinds of info on my VIN, including paint codes and window sales sticker. That was just over a year ago.

Edited by Ivan K
  • Like 1

The paint on coaches fade over time. The best solution for acquiring paint that will match is to take the coach, or if lucky the fridge access door off, and go to a auto paint supply store. A body shop can recommend one. They have the digitizing capability to take a picture of the color  you want and create a mix to accomplish that.

Paul A

True, paint fades but the BASF Diamont was a perfect match for all 4 colors even after all those years. This is besides the point but just to show how I know...  Good excuse to get rid of all the rock chips... The truck was rear ended in opposite direction and launched in front of us. I was looking for a place to have it fixed while still on the trip because we were far from home but the wait times were just unbelievable last year, at the end I ordered all the replacement parts, repaired and painted it in my shop after completing the 7 months long trip. Lightning in the pic is a combination of daylight from the side and warm led lights from the front but it is a match.

20180903_153303.jpg

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the responses.  I reached out to Veurinks, she is going to give me a ring tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Jody

P.S.  Your coach looks great!

Edited by jmcnamer

Very talented man, Beautiful paint job!

Stanhoward2

2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40SKQ

And in my case the paint numbers are on the drivers seat pedestal!   I got lucky, cuz as shaky as Monaco was in mid 2007 when mine was built you had no clue what combination of parts you might end up with!   As  an example, I have the electronic toilet in ours, needed some parts, kept striking out!  Turns out the toilet is a marine unit, designed for a boat!  Who'd a thunk it!   

Edited by stanhoward2

Thank you, my point is that the Diamont paint line by BASF seems very stable with aging, other people reported the same observation so I would not worry about using the Monaco  paint codes. Couple of the colors had some metallic in it and it came out great, it was mixed right, by a local English Color dealer.