Account Info restrictions

pwhittle

i find it useful to see where other members are located. I wanted to put my city and state in my profile for others to see, but it rejected that without a complete address, which I would rather not share publicly.

Is that a forum option, and would others find it useful too?

PS I like the new forum much more than the Yahoo groups, I expect to participate a lot more now.

Paul

Paul,

I don’t see any reason to require physical address - that was just the default setting for the site.  I’ll look at it tonight and see how to change it.  

We don’t use the street address for anything. If, at some point in the future we use the eCommerce functionality of the site we may need it, but not for now. 

also, as Richard mentions we ask everyone to include city and state in their signature, but that’s hard to police.  

One workaround is to just enter a word like "Street" in the field where it asks for the street address.  You can then enter the rest of the information and save to update your profile.  The software is just looking for an entry in each field.

Paul

Tap on bars in upper right corner, Tap on Account, Tap on account settings, Tap on Settings Area , Tap on Signature and put in your Name, Coach Model and Make, and then your City and State. 
Save it and your good to go.

Edited by Gary M

I learned a lot from this thread.  First off, I was never seeing ANY signatures so I went to check my own and lo and behold there was a setting  under signatures that was not turned on to display signatures.  My signature was there but by flipping the toggle now signatures (including my own) magically appeared everywhere!  Here all the time I thought nobody posted a signature or it was broke.  Then I explored my profile (which by the way said was 100% complete) and I see a required city/state field that was blank.  I was going to put in Dallas/Fort Worth as nobody would know where my podunk town was located.  But I decided to click on other member photos/icons first to see what they had.  In the small random sample of profiles I looked at I could never see where that field was ever displayed.  Or maybe nodody has ever filled in that required field?? That would seem like a good place to enter the info IF it was displayed someplace.  Anyway, I found this to be a very educational topic.

FWIW,