Air Force 1 or Brake Buddy Stealth?

23 hours ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Jeff  I also have rvi 2 I don't know about the newer rvi3 . But in my situation I added a separate circuit and a red light on my dash that tells me if my toad brakes are activated just for piece of mind that I don't have a malfunction and burn my toad brakes up while driving down the road.

Roy M.    03 Dynasty

The rvi3 brake system has brake lock detection that notifies you if the brakes are being applied and are not supposed to be to prevent accidental brake application on the toad.  I hope this works as it is supposed to, but if I am not happy with it, I will add the upgrade you suggest.  Does your mod just tie into the toads brake lights and give feedback when they are on?

Jeff

Yes I get my feed back from the toad brake lights. I built my cord from a 7 way molded trailer pigtail and just added another female end to it and of coarse a female end to the toad just like the end on the coach. That way I have battery charging and that auxiliary brake light plus the usual suspects and a spare. I suggest this only because if you want to add circuits later like this brake light for example you won't have to redo your cord just add what you need. My sequoia required running my wire light wires all the way back to my lights with diodes etc. so it was easy while doing that to tap into the brake light side. If you want to know more of what I did shoot me a email 

Roy    

• 1 month later...

Agree there is an accumulator tank on my Beaver coach that was added as part of the Air Force 1 install even though I had an air line connector already factory installed and a check valve is part of the setup. there is also a LED placed on my Expedition mirror so I can see it lights when the brake is applied !  nice to know you are not dragging a brake or not getting braking .  I also installed additional sensors to my TPMS system to include the towed Expedition so I can watch pressure and tire temperature on the truck as well.  Safety first !

If you haven't yet purchased the tow bar you might find this interesting. I used to have my Blue Ox tow bar inspected and serviced every other winter at the Quartzsite show. A couple of years ago they doubled the price but still refused to service my tow bar because of its age. (over 8 years) I replaced it with a Roadmaster bar with Blue Ox ends. Now I get it serviced and inspected every 2 years at the Quartzsite show free of charge. Do business with those who treat you well! 

• Like 1