SeaLand Magnum Opus Toilet - Wanted

Guest Cruzbill

I don't have a source for a replacement commode (other than RV salvage yards) but I am interested in your replacement controller! Put me on the interested list. 

Thanks!

Bill

On 1/21/2020 at 9:48 PM, pwhittle said:

I will be at the Gathering if anyone has one available.

Paul

Paul,

I have access to a wrecked '05 HR Imperial that I believe had that toilet. The porcelain bowl was broken so I didn't pay much attention to the toilet; everything in the head was intact except the bowl.  I'll be back down that way before the gathering and will try to gather what you need.  A picture of the needed part would be super helpful...  If it's still there, I'll bring it to the gathering for you.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:18 AM, pwhittle said:

I am building a replacement controller for the SeaLand Magnum Opus toilet and am after a mechanism from inside the porcelain part so I don’t have to keep taking mine out.

Paul

Paul

Is the SeaLand Magnum Opus toilet a "macerating" toilet?

If not, (and/or if you can use a "gravity flush" toilet), these Sealand 510 toilets, ( https://tinyurl.com/tqvnjqk ), are "controller free"... (and virtually "trouble free").

(The Sealand 510 toilet in my '96 Safari  is 24 years old....in a now 150.000+ mile coach).

1 hour ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Mel,

I am way past the point of making a rational decision to install a replacement toilet. 🙂

This has become an engineering challenge.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Paul

Paul, you are truly a task driven man. I spent many years designing and programming embedded controls systems for a living and never considered applying my skills to enhance the task of defecating.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Paul, 

I am having a problem with my Sealand Magnus Opus toilet. AT the Gathering last winter I spoke with you about the contraol board that you are manufacturing. Well, prophesy come true. My toilet is not stuck with the ball open and will not flush. There are three lights on the board and one flashing. Does this mean the board is deflective or is there another problem? Brad Perkins

Hi Brad,

Mine failed in a similar way to what you describe. The board thinks it is turning the motor on, but I it does not. The error code is that it never changes the limit switch it expects to change if the motor actually came on.

Count the flashes on the one that is flashing and that will tell you what the error code is.

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

My Sealand 3010 toilet stuck open this morning. Beaver Coach Sales says it is a Magnum Opus? I have reset the microprocesser several times, and the ball closes and immediately opens back up. So I looked on the form and saw your thread. Are you making control boards? If so, I will need one or I'll have to purchase a new toilet. Thanks.

Doug

I purchased a control module for my Sealand 3010 Magnum Opus toilet from Paul Whittle. He shipped the control module immediately and the installation was very easy. He even included a small jewelers screwdriver so I would not have to go to a hardware store to get one! He is so thoughtful and willing to help. If you need a control module, give Paul a call-you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • pwhittle changed the title to SeaLand Magnum Opus Toilet - Wanted
  • 5 months later...

Hi All!

I am looking for a mechanism from a Magnum Opus toilet.

A member here has graciously loaned me his spare unit for the last 12 months or so and I want to return it to him in advance of his upcoming trip.

I know some people,have replaced them and maybe someone has one laying around if you are like me and cannot bear to throw anything away, even if it is no longer useful. 😀

Let me know and I am happy to pay for it as well as shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...