White Christmas - 18 degrees

51 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

I bet Walter loves Apple and how he's "free" to use his iPhone how he sees fit. I think it's wonderful that we no longer have to actually think for ourselves and be responsible for our own actions. Letting the government and big tech control our lives has really made 2020 enjoyable. Thank God we can type this stuff as my mask blocks any sort of real conversation....just my observation....Dennis

Hmmm... I don't know about you... but I'm free to choose whatever kind of phone I want. Except maybe that old 90's bag phone that doesn't work with modern digital networks... 😷  I could even choose no phone at all if I wanted.

Imagine how tightly restricted are those Juitterbug Senior phones! Still, I think it's a good phone for my mom. She's not an android developer.

Maybe I could learn to be an android developer and make my own custom phone OS! Nah... I think I'll keep using an off-the-shelf phone for time being. Even if Apple won't allow me to program it to drive my RV. I work for a software company, which gives me a heightened appreciation for the stability and sustainability that come with a tightly curated environment. It's not about The Man getting all up in your grille and killing the fun. (of course it also has a lot to do do with apple locking other vendors out and squeezing high-margin revenue out of their users, but that's another rant...)

Just out of curiosity... what are you doing with your phone that isn't allowed on an iphone?

Cheers,

Walter

Edited by wamcneil

10 hours ago, wamcneil said:

Snip/

Just out of curiosity... what are you doing with your phone that isn't allowed on an iphone?

Cheers,

Walter

Walter, I have and use an iphone but I purchased it and should be able to do what I want without Apple telling me what I can and cannot do with it. That's why they have jail breaks and Apple continues to fight it with their incessant upgrades and annoying itunes which I refuse to use. Yes, I agree with some of the android stuff but they're not much better. I've had both types and finally went back to Apple when the XR came out. Not because I fell in love with Apple but simply because I liked the iPhone better than the Galaxy and I can happily hack away and delete and/or bypass all the annoying stuff.... Happy trails....Dennis

• Like 2