Cheap lithium batteries

richoliveria

I watched the video,, he was right thought, the price of these units have gone way up but there are numerous ones listed.  This is probably the best on Ebay at present time, 138 AH  1.76 KW for $449

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valence-Lithium-Battery-U27-12XP-12V-138AH-1-766-kWh/264531502690?hash=item3d974e6662:g:LUMAAOSw8T9dthk7

I had found another listing for a seller that took EV batteries from a Leaf (?) and made a battery pack but these look like a better option, I like the idea that you can easily add capacity. 

24 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I watched the video,, he was right thought, the price of these units have gone way up but there are numerous ones listed.  This is probably the best on Ebay at present time, 138 AH  1.76 KW for $449

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valence-Lithium-Battery-U27-12XP-12V-138AH-1-766-kWh/264531502690?hash=item3d974e6662:g:LUMAAOSw8T9dthk7

I had found another listing for a seller that took EV batteries from a Leaf (?) and made a battery pack but these look like a better option, I like the idea that you can easily add capacity. 

I like the 48v batteries I got for 300ea, 25ah, 1.28kwh. I think I can get them new for that or maybe less. About size of group 27, at  25lb, 16s w bms. I’m pretty sure one could reconfigure for 100ah , 12v . The company is using them in a lifepo4 powered zero turn   Lawn mower as best I can tell . Seem very high quality. 

Guest Cruzbill

Here is another thing to consider: Lipo batteries accept a much higher charge current than lead acid batteries due to their lower internal resistance. See what Victron did to an alternator while charging a Lipo battery.  

I suppose it depends on the alternator . My coach has very low internal resistance with 10 agms. My 200a Leece N does not seem to mind . Lithium would be even somewhat lower. If the alternator is designed properly, it won’t harm itself. Might it harm itself at low rpm? Don’t know . Been running with agms for 6 years no issue.  Internal resistance is about 2.5mohms .