Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/300-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Support blocks for maint??
Bob Nodine
Atwood Cycle On/Off
William
Hypoxia
HH zone one issues
Brett63
Twomed
HH zone one issues
Ivan K
HH zone one issues
Brett63
HH zone one issues
Ivan K
Atwood Cycle On/Off
Jim Byrd
Allison Transmission
richardwist
Allison Transmission
Hanabc
Allison Transmission
Jim Byrd
1986 Monaco roadmaster chassis
Mr Keith
Atwood Cycle On/Off
William
2004 Dynasty fuel tank Suction line?
Frank McElroy
Gary_Curtis
Mr Keith
Gary_Curtis
Allison Transmission
Scotty Hutto
Ivan K
What might this be for?
Biljol
What might this be for?
Ivan K
Mr Keith
RV values in the future
Frank McElroy

Bob Nodine
8 hours ago, Hypoxia said:

I do protect myself but I do wear flip-flops 6 months of the year and wouldn't fit in with the OSHA gang.

Sounds like you may be a Jimmy Buffett fan. I love the line "stepped on a pop top and blew out a flip flop".

You Folks are Awesome - Plastic under the carpet of slide out
Bob Nodine
10 hours ago, azlein said:

Because I am struggling with what to call it, google is failing me.  I am remodeling my RV and want to replace the plastic (on the edge of slide out) under the slide out carpet because the old one is in 2 pieces and wavy.  But I am unable to find what I need.  Not being successful even coming close to finding what I need.  Not sure if it is plastic, vinyl, or acrylic or something else I haven’t thought of.  Any help pointing me in the right direction or details of what material is generally used here would be so helpful!!

Maybe this is what you are looking for. You can put in different widths and lengths. The slide in our coach would be about 10 x 72 so that is what I entered.

https://tinyurl.com/y3zfrc7z

Atwood Cycle On/Off
William

Just curious what could be causing Atwood to cycle on and off every few minutes I do get heat but is not continuous ? I have Hydro Flame 8900-III not sure where to start thanks for any insights. 

Hypoxia
4 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

Sounds like you may be a Jimmy Buffett fan. I love the line "stepped on a pop top and blew out a flip flop".

It all is cured by that frozen concoction!  I do enjoy Jimmy and sure miss John Denver and Chris LeDoux.

I blew out my flip flop
Stepped on a pop top
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Aqua Hot heat registers will not stay on
Bruce B

Could it be the thermostat that is not operating correctly?

HH zone one issues
Brett63

I had a thought the other day after talking and thinking about this. Somehow the system between dash controls and AH are tied together (I still suspect the AC control module I saw but have not opened the dash back up to get the numbers off of). Anyway I wondered if I were to just turn the ignition on and not start the coach, then turn the fan speed to hi and back to low a time or two with it in the heat chest position if that may reset somehow either the blower door or the module. So I did that and then turned the AH back on so that it would cycle and sure enough I now have hot air again blowing from all vents across the dash. 

What does that tell me, Beats the hell outa me but I have heat up front when sitting still and using AH again....lol

Dennis H

I believe it's more of a polycarbonate material. Mine is about 1/4" thick and black in color. Try contacting Chris or Ernie (links below) They should be able to tell you exactly what it's made of....Dennis

Ernie

Chris

veraken

Take a look at this video

Twomed

I block mine same as Jim but use 4x4 1/4 inch steel square tube.  11" long fits just fine when you air up extra height, place blocks, air down just until contact, block wheels, shake it real good.  One on each side never a problem.  Bonus... the 4x4 stacks next to fuel tank on the pass side so they are always with you. 

Gave up the flip flops and wearing Crocs for comfort.  😁

Love the site since leaving Yahoo...  New Years Resolution, No writes on the RV.net,  only Monaco on Irv2, and then concentrate here.

HH zone one issues
Ivan K

Yeah, some Monaco magic. It also works for me while stationary, but see what happens when you get moving to be sure. I will either close the outside air intake as Bob did or add a push button for air recirculation as in cars to close the firewall door by vacuum action at will. The latter possibly not until we anchor down somewhere warm and I get bored. That's when things like that get done...

HH zone one issues
Brett63

We try not to travel in places we need the heater on....lol 

HH zone one issues
Ivan K
11 minutes ago, Brett63 said:

We try not to travel in places we need the heater on....lol 

Good plan!

Atwood Cycle On/Off
Jim Byrd

Sounds like furnace is short cycling.  The most likely cause for this condition is an over temperature condition that is caused by restriction in the air flow,  You need to check the intake and discharge air duct work for any restrictions.  A faulty over temperature protection device that is operating at a lower temperature.than designed could also cause your problem.

When I purchased my 04 Holiday Rambler I had the same problem, After much frustration finally determined that it was caused by insufficient air flow in the duct work, the air temperature was found to be greater than setting of the over temperature device.  Checked back pressure with a water manometer and found back pressure was greater the manufactures specification. Added an additional discharge vent, problem solved.

Jim

Allison Transmission
richardwist

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeaver with a Cummins ISC 330 and an Allison 3000 transmission.  My alarm goes off when I put it in either D or R but goes off when it is in neutral.  It did this earlier, but the alarm would go off after I drove a mile or two but now it stays on no matter how many miles I go.  Anyone have this problem before?  I hope it turns out to be something simple but I am currently stumped.

Allison Transmission
Hanabc

Could it be low on fluid?

Allison Transmission
Jim Byrd

There is a pressure switch that monitors when your air brakes are on or off, sounds like that has failed.. The switch is mounted on the AIR BRAKE valve on the drivers console, it's easy to change.  They are readily available at any parts store that carry truck parts.

I has the same thing happen on my coach.

Jim

Jim   

David Pratt

Those parts are called Slide Out Ramps. They are made of a Polypropylene Nylon material. Monaco sold them by the length for the specific coach. If my memory serves me correctly the Ramps were supplied by HWH as apart of the flat floor slide out kit.

REV should be able to supply them.

Mr Keith

How do I find out what shocks are on the front and rear of my motorhome . I have had no luck online and also there is what looks like a 3 ft steering stabilizer that I would like to replace as well as the ball joints. Thanks 

Atwood Cycle On/Off
William

Jim,

Thanks for your input. I did find a vent hose under fridge that seemed to be blocked up I will run furnace tonight I bet that was it I appreciate your input. 

Will

2004 Dynasty fuel tank Suction line?
Frank McElroy

Well that's interesting.  I know the feeds on my 08 Dynasty are all on the PS.

Trace Inverter Settings for AGM Batteries
burghere66

Unfortunately my Trace Owners Manual V1.1 is only 39 pages long and does not reference settings for AGM batteries.   All it says is "AGM batteries are similar to gel cells and may be used in inverter.   I have made 4 calls to the Tech Department at Trace and they have taken my information but they have not answered back.  I don't want to cook $700+ of new batteries.

Gary

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Gary_Curtis

Go to the Downloads section and download the parts list.  On page 147-148 the shock sources are listed. That would be a good start.

Mr Keith

Thanks I will check it out 

Can you please tell me where to go to download this info l couldn’t find it thanks 

Gary_Curtis

download.jpg.5b07b816565e08e8d1849c61ba86db73.jpg

parts.thumb.jpg.2593c3aeff649af252dd6eb9fcf0722c.jpg

Allison Transmission
Scotty Hutto

Two things come to mind...

1. Jim’s recommendation above.  There is a file in the “Downloads” section on the Nason switch from @Bob Nodine .  Lots of good info there.

2. If you have hydraulic jacks, they could be a little low on hydraulic fluid (per Bob’s post above).  I had this problem on my most recent trip and had to add a little hydraulic (transmission) fluid.  Problem solved.

Hope that helps.

Ivan K

You could also try here for the shocks, Bilsteins or Koni.      https://tinyurl.com/y257pqob

Their list goes far back but not knowing you model, I can't tell. You can also call them if you don't find your model year listed.

What might this be for?
Biljol

I don’t know what it’s used for but the one on the left is on the end of my rod to unlock and pull down the window awnings I assume it broke off the end of your rod and is now just laying around.

What might this be for?
Ivan K
16 minutes ago, Biljol said:

I don’t know what it’s used for but the one on the left is on the end of my rod to unlock and pull down the window awnings I assume it broke off the end of your rod and is now just laying around.

Yeah, that one was recognized by Jerry as useless for our Zip Dee awning. Thanks.

Mr Keith

Thanks for all your help everyone 

Trace Inverter Settings for AGM Batteries
pcpronze

Good choice.  The article says that the Trace Zantrex SW series inverter looks at the AGM as a lead acid battery not gel battery.    I have 8 life line battery's in mine now going on the 8th year and we do a far mount of dry camping.    I have mine set on the lead acid as per the manual

Paul

2005 Navigator  

RV values in the future
Frank McElroy

Bob - The Kongsberg chassis vs the Intellitec house multiplex systems are two completely different multiplex systems.  So are the Eaton dash multiplex switches in a chassis multiplex coach.

There is no way to backup or replace the chassis Kongsberg Chassis multiplex CCM computer module.  This module has been obsolete now for years.

Getting a backup on the house Intellitec house multiplex computer program is highly recommended and as you mentioned, there are folks out there that can do it. 

From my experience, The chassis multiplex problems have been associated with dash switch module problems (REV can provide replacements), improper fusing of the large PCB in the FRB causing fires(Download files has a procedure for proper fusing), or +5 volt power supply issue that control the smartwheel functions.  Luckily, I've not seen direct CCM failures - at least not yet.. 

New Downloads Available

2004 Neptune Owners Manual
2004 Neptune Owners Manual
2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune Owners Manual
0 comments

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.