Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/301-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Support blocks for maint??
Steven P
Hypoxia
2004 Dynasty fuel tank Suction line?
gburgman2000
Ray Davis
Ray Davis
gburgman2000
Aqua Hot heat registers will not stay on
miacasa_2000
Emergency HELP NEEDED
bpperk
1986 Monaco roadmaster chassis
walt2137
Atwood Cycle On/Off
Harvey Babb

Steven P
On 1/11/2021 at 10:03 AM, frankogrly said:

The jacks only retract if I push the retract button or try to drive off with the jacks down. I agree no one should be in the coach so there is no chance someone would mess with any system that would retract the jacks. The jacks would only take the weight of the coach if something catastrophic happened to the air system as the jacks are just touching the ground. I am not saying jack stands or any method you feel safe with is wrong, I just believe two independent systems, in my case, is safe and convenient to use. I also understand some of the coaches have a more sophisticated leveling and air dumping system than mine. 

I thought that too.  But found otherwise.  If you didn't read my post above, please do.  I understand your theory using both jacks and airbags, but wanted to share my jacks experience. 

Hypoxia
5 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I thought that too.  But found otherwise.  If you didn't read my post above, please do.  I understand your theory using both jacks and airbags, but wanted to share my jacks experience. 

I did find that post informative.  I have had occasion to scoot underneath the front without supports.  I put the generator out which leaves a cubbyhole to hide in and also can hide under the axle.  I scoot in quickly and make sure I have my phone in case the coach comes down and imprisons me.  I'll need someone to deliver beer... 

19 hours ago, Twomed said:

I block mine same as Jim but use 4x4 1/4 inch steel square tube.  11" long fits just fine when you air up extra height, place blocks, air down just until contact, block wheels, shake it real good.  One on each side never a problem.  Bonus... the 4x4 stacks next to fuel tank on the pass side so they are always with you. 

Gave up the flip flops and wearing Crocs for comfort.  😁

Love the site since leaving Yahoo...  New Years Resolution, No writes on the RV.net,  only Monaco on Irv2, and then concentrate here.

I store my pipe the same place as you.  I carry two pieces of the large pipe and have two pieces slightly smaller that fit inside the big pipe.  I can't raise mine quite as high as you as I have limiting straps which you can see in the photo.

I gave up Crocs for the flip-flops :classic_laugh:  I still use the Crocs sometimes.

You Folks are Awesome - Plastic under the carpet of slide out
ken.knutson100

Is this what you’re looking for?

I replaced the ones on both our 08 Camelot and 09 Dynasty. It’s called ultra high density plastic and I got the strips off of Amazon

UHMW Sheet, 1/8" Thick https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037MEMDO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

If this is it there are tricks to replacing this that I can expound on if you want 

gburgman2000

as a side note they have the curbside and roadside swapped.... I know for a fact that the AH/Gen pickups are on the PS/curbside as well as the sender so I suspect the Engine is as well 

I will know soon enough as I am adding a raptor pump above the tank  

Ray Davis
46 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

I gave up Crocs for the flip-flops :classic_laugh:  I still use the Crocs sometimes.

What !!!   Gave up your Crocs  :eek:  I love my Crocs, flip-flops between my toes bother me.   It is a little cold right now for Crocs here in Tx                                                    Around the MOHO it's so easy to slip them off when entering the coach

My foot Doc says to not wear either of them but I bet he does.  :cool:

Ray Davis
1 hour ago, gburgman2000 said:

they have the curbside and roadside swapped.

I thought they were reversed too but wasn't sure.  Let us know what you find and how the Raptor works out.  Will you by pass the lift pump?

gburgman2000

I will not as I replaced it about 4 years ago.

I will be using a time delay relay to turn on the raptor after the main lift pump shuts off to avoid an over pressure situation thou. 

miacasa_2000

I had a similar issue and eventually  found the coupler for the data (phone) lines up in the ac units that connect  the wall thermostat to the units had deteriorated and was messing up the signals. Cleaned the jack ends and installed new couplers and problem went away. I would check there.

Roy  

2003 Dynasty

Trace Inverter Settings for AGM Batteries
Grampy OG
17 hours ago, burghere66 said:

Unfortunately my Trace Owners Manual V1.1 is only 39 pages long and does not reference settings for AGM batteries.   All it says is "AGM batteries are similar to gel cells and may be used in inverter.   I have made 4 calls to the Tech Department at Trace and they have taken my information but they have not answered back.  I don't want to cook $700+ of new batteries.

Gary

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Gary,

Please do post the results when you do hear back from Trace. With an 03 Executive I am sure that we probably have the same inverter. I was just thinking this week of switching to AGM as I have cooked off another set of wet cell. This summer I was not able to check my batteries. In Phoenix we had over 50 days where the temps were 110 degrees and higher. Because of medical I was not using the coach or checking it. My batteries literally evaporated from the heat. I have to admit I didn't see that one coming. Perhaps AGM would have faired better. 

That being said what are you folks on the group here using for AGM? I have the usual 4 Trojans at this point. 6v deep cycle.

Thanks Ken

azlein
On 1/11/2021 at 6:18 PM, Dwight Lindsey said:

If you're referring to the plastic pieces that support the carpet on the flat floor slide, I can tell you what we did.

We replaced the carpet and vinyl tile on the floor in our Knight with Luxury Vinyl Plank.  The slides are carpeted and we replaced the carpet on the slides.  We just removed the two plastic support pieces for the carpet and let the carpet just overhang by itself.  It works fine for us.  I'm not sure what would happen if you did that when the main floor is carpeted . . . the issue I wonder about is that when the slide comes in, does the carpet on the slide move smoothly on the floor carpet.  It works beautifully on our luxury vinyl plank.

Dwight

I was thinking the same thing but was concerned that when the slide is in the carpet is on the 90 degree angel and if stepped on would break it down vs the plastic having the give.  I still may go that route

Dwight Lindsey

Our carpet has been installed this way for about 8 years and it's in fine shape.  This was new carpet and when we installed it we cut an extra piece from the carpet and had the edges bound, with the idea that when the installed carpet wore out we could replace it.  We still have that piece of carpet, just in case.  The carpet we installed then (I think it was 8 years ago) is still fine.

Emergency HELP NEEDED
bpperk

Yes, those are the locations of the rod ends that you can adjust. Also, I just adjusted my door. The inside of the door is covered with a heavy vinyl fabric which is glued to and covering a heavy plastic door skin. I was able to pull this fabric loose and then drill a 2 1/2 inch hole just below the bottom latch to adjust the lock release. The top one can be accessed by removing half of the window molding and then finessing the door skin back. My top release was more than 1/4 inch out of adjustment. This was completed without any sign of the access hole because I just re-glued the fabric and replaced the window frame. The door now works better than ever. That's the way is is on my 2004 Signature.

amphi_sc
9 hours ago, miacasa_2000 said:

I had a similar issue and eventually  found the coupler for the data (phone) lines up in the ac units that connect  the wall thermostat to the units had deteriorated and was messing up the signals. Cleaned the jack ends and installed new couplers and problem went away. I would check there.

Roy  

2003 Dynasty

I second this suggestion.  At least unplug/replug the data connector several times.  I had a similar issue with a heat pump cycling every couple of minutes and repluging the connection fixed it.

1986 Monaco roadmaster chassis
walt2137

Kieth your info shows a 1986 Monarch but i dont think one was built until the early 2000? Did you make a mistake?

Walt

Atwood Cycle On/Off
Harvey Babb

Other possibilities are hot air from a vent blowing directly on the thermostat or a defective thermostat.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.