Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/302-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Atwood Cycle On/Off
Harvey Babb
1986 Monaco roadmaster chassis
JSSangalli
Florida Campground Lot for rent
JSSangalli
Romeo84
Warning light
Hancoman
Warning light
vito.a
Warning light
John Haggard
Warning light
Hancoman
Warning light
jacwjames
White Noise in 2004 Signature
bpperk
Warning light
Romeo84
Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
Bedroom Slide
Scotty Hutto
Bedroom Slide
96 EVO
Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
Bedroom Slide
96 EVO
Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
Atwood Cycle On/Off
William
Bedroom Slide
96 EVO
Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
Bedroom Slide
96 EVO
Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
belt tensioner
Rikadoo
belt tensioner
sjamiejones
belt tensioner
Rikadoo

Atwood Cycle On/Off
Harvey Babb

Other possibilities are hot air from a vent blowing directly on the thermostat or a defective thermostat.

1986 Monaco roadmaster chassis
JSSangalli

I think a 1986 Monaco  Monark is a rear engine gas motorhome, Ford engine. I doubt seriously whether there is any available documentation on them. I'd try a truck or motorhome dealership.

Jack 

JSSangalli

I have a lot in Bay Lake Resort. It is a luxury class A park in Auburndale, FL. Available for rent or sale.

Phone # 863-465-5261

Jack Sangalli

Romeo84

Intersting, like long term or by the piece? Totally would do 7 days. How much for a week?

Ryan 

Electrical schematics for 2005 Safari Cheetah 36pdd
Gerald H

looking for both 12v and 110v, thanks 

Flush Mounted Progressive Industries Remote
Scotty Hutto

Hello all!

Permanently installed my remote for my Progressive Industries surge protector... with a little help from a friend!

I found plans for a custom metal bezel to flush mount the PI remote. Paul Whittle  @pwhittle revised those plans to 3-D print the bezel and it turned out awesome!

Scotty

5C90FB3F-41F7-418E-B58B-112755657F8E.thumb.jpeg.5d57177b6fb6d7c794537f4f817edcb9.jpeg970DF252-014D-463E-9674-6AA693F93481.thumb.jpeg.23b5787a07b08b550a20653a1cc58689.jpeg

Flush Mounted Progressive Industries Remote - 2006 Dip
Scotty Hutto

Hello all!

Permanently installed my remote for my Progressive Industries surge protector... with a little help from a friend!

I found plans for a custom metal bezel to flush mount the PI remote. Paul Whittle  @pwhittle revised those plans to 3-D print the bezel and it turned out awesome!

Scotty

5C90FB3F-41F7-418E-B58B-112755657F8E.thumb.jpeg.5d57177b6fb6d7c794537f4f817edcb9.jpeg970DF252-014D-463E-9674-6AA693F93481.thumb.jpeg.23b5787a07b08b550a20653a1cc58689.jpeg

Warning light
Hancoman

Good morning all

I have a 2001 Monaco Executive with the 500 hp Cummins my warning light came on so I checked fluids and all were good. Since I had just bought the coach I took it in to have oil changed and everything checked out, so everything is good except they can not get the light to go out. The codes they are showing  Sid 151 through 155 are all manufacturers code for r and d or along that line  also code 231 bottom line they can’t find anything wrong but can’t turn the lights off only have 40000 miles on the coach. Any help would be appreciated 

Tom

Kit to replace Intec mirror mounted side cameras
Paul Busch

I have a 2005 sig and lost one of the mirrors. I bought Ram o Truvision mirrors with the camera built in lower of 2 mirrors. Doe’s Antony know where I can get an adapter of harness or how to rewire Velvac 3 mirror plug and intec camera to the Ramco 2 mirror camera set up?

the Ramco is supposed to be heated. The Ramco has 6 wires to the mirror and 3 to the cameras. The Velvac 3 mirror is heated and has 12 wire plug with intec camera has 4 wires.

thanks if you an help

I just posted question about Ramco rewire from Velvac and intec camera. I got the plug a for the cameras backwards. The Ramco has 4 wires and the intec camera has 3.

thanks again

Warning light
vito.a

First, what warning light are you getting?  

Here is a link to Cummins lamp ID guide:

https://www.cummins.com/sites/default/files/files/brochures/Cummins Driver Lamp Identification Card 4971518.pdf

Next, you will not get a light that means the oil needs changing.  Most check engine lights are related to sensors on the engine.  

When were the fuel filters changed?  Many of the issues with these large diesel engines are related to the fuel filters.  

Where did you take the coach for service?  Do they have a certified Cummins technician with the proper diagnostic equipment?

Do you have a complete list of the codes?

Warning light
John Haggard

I drove mine for a year with the yellow warning light on before anyone could figure it out, a shop in W.V. ran a code test. That showed barometric pressure module.

As Cummins had an updated wiring harness for the sensor,  they installed both.

They erased the code, I have more power and the light never came on again.

Ithink

Right technician 

Correct code reader monitor.

Wallah 

I have the 500 ISM

Flush Mounted Progressive Industries Remote - 2006 Dip
pwhittle

Looks great Scotty!

Warning light
Hancoman

Vito

It is just a red warning light. Manual says pull over check all fluids which I did, all fluids looked good. Took it in for service to check all fluid levels belts etc. I know it did not mean change the oil, it just needed to be done.

Tomm

Warning light
jacwjames

I have read that the old style coolant level sensor could cause a problem of not reading correctly.  Solution was to remove sensor, use a scotchbrite pad to clean the crud off of it and reinstall.    Not sure if this applies to your engine coolant system or not. 

The old style sensor was mounted into the top of the surge tank down into the coolant.  I believe it is a 1 wire sensor that senses that the coolant is at the correct level and is grounded through the chassis.  I think if you unplug the sensor and take it ground & the light goes out that would solve your problem. 

Maybe someone else can chime in.

White Noise in 2004 Signature
bpperk

Yesterday I was in my coach and discovered that two ceiling speakers are putting out a form of noise similar to a radio that is between stations (white noise). If I turn on the Aladdin the noise is reduced about in half. Same noise if the engine is off or running. All radios are off. Vehicle is in storage in a large garage at my residence. The noise is the same with shore power connected or not. Even more strange is that I went into the coach late last night and could hear faintly a radio station. Repair history is that recently the coach was in the truck garage for a replacement of a defective alternator  and new power steering hoses. At that time we had the shop install a DOT 7 wire harness from the rear run box to the passenger side of the dash. This is to be preemptive for any failed circuits in the future. Any ideas to silence this are greatly appreciated.

2006 Endeavor air system schematic and no air building up in either tank.
guy_ethier

I need some help here with something that is confounding me. I own a 2006 HR Endeavor and last Saturday when starting her after a month did not build up any air...nada. It still sits at 0 for both tanks.

Checked the compressor and she is putting out compressed air to the air dryer, then checked the primary tank and she is collecting air there at a good flow too. So, it looks like the leak is somewhere between the primary tank and the secondary rear tank as there is no air getting to the secondary tank. The multi port air manifold under the dash at the front does not appear to be leaking.

Does anyone have an air system schematic for this year of coach?  I have already downloaded the other manuals for other coaches and years on this site for air systems and I suppose there could be some similarity. But the biggest problem is accessing the lines from the primary tank to the secondary one as the lines are tied to the inside of the frame rails, which are not accessible for a great length of this coach. The holding bays in this motorhome have a one piece plastic cover for the roof which, according to the guys at Elite RV in Harrisburg, OR, was not meant to be taken off.  I have had serious rodent damage with 2 other passenger vehicles that sit in the same location as this motorhome, which sits on my driveway uncovered for 12 months of the year. So I am leaning towards more rodent damage, which is not visible to the naked eye for a good length of the air lines run because they are well concealed from view.

Thank you for any advice. I have also tested the system with a shop compressor for all of the above and the results are the same.

Warning light
Romeo84

Legit mine came on last year. Then stop engine. Everything  Ran fine and fluids were  Perfect. Have to take mine into Cummins turned out to be an oil pressure sensor there are 2 on Monacos. One for the motor ecm and an extra for Monaco's dash cluster. My dash oil sensor was bad that why it still ran fine but had a stop engine light.  Seems like everything was doubled on our coaches kind of unnecessary but that's the way these were made.

Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
On 1/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, throgmartin said:

There are 4 things that can cause a bedroom slide to rock back and forth at the top - 1.) A rotted slide floor 2.) A rusty slide topper assembly spring with a lot of tension 3.) Chewed up bed frame at the foot end 4.) broken roller.

A bedroom slide which contains the bed operates differently from a wardrobe bedroom slide. The mechanisms are different and the slide with the bed also has rollers mounted to the floor at the foot end of the bed. A wardrobe slide can wobble top to bottom when operated and can be caused by the torsion spring inside the slide topper roller tube. But the torsion spring will rarely if ever cause the top to wobble on a bedroom slide because of the shear weight of that slide.

If you are experiencing wobble at the top on a wardrobe slide it very well could be the torsion spring. As long as it operates freely and seals properly at the end of the cycle it should be OK. My wardrobe slide has done this for years because I run with a little extra torsion spring tension on my toppers. I have had no issues.

The slide that contains the bed is a different animal. If it has a wobble at the top then the chances are it is one of two things - 1.) The interior rollers are out of adjustment 2.) the bottom of the bed frame that rides on the rollers is tore up. One of our members, Dr4film, found his bed slide frame chewed up. We custom made some stainless plates for him and it cured the problem. We have plated dozens of these slides all experiencing a tore up bottom bed frame. They either wobble or operate hard. I do not recommend putting casters on them as the rollers are sufficient and provides more support to the bed frame. You can check to see if it is a bed frame issue by looking under the end of the bed. If you see woodchips then your frame needs to be plated. If the frame is OK and there are tracks on your carpet then the rollers need adjusting. The clearance under the foot end of the bed is tight so a bore scope works wonders to help with your imnspection.

The slides with the beds on them are also notorious for having the exterior white laminate under the slide get cut from the rollers. We have plated well over a 1,000 of these slides in the last 3 years. The bed slide weighs a lot because of the bed and all the crap people put under the bed. The weight is hard on the bottom of the slide floor and the rollers. Remember, the bottom of the slide that rolls across the rollers is only 3/8 " thick plywood.

In regards to broken rollers I have seen very few over the years. If indeed you have a broken roller it is not hard to spot. 

Forgot to mention, if your slide will not go all the way out and seal properly the first thing you want to check for is an obstruction. I have had this happen to me 1/2 a dozen times. I have found behind the wooden trim/frame CD's, a dog ball, a stapler and a few other odd's and end's.

One of my favorites was a customer who brought his coach in because his slide would not go all the way out. My Technician, Dustin found a 9mm handgun wedged behind the wooden trim. You would not believe the items we have found over the years - forks, spoons, screwdrivers, dog and cat toys, kitchen utensils, wrenches, knitting needles, etc.  🙂

ChrisT, I have an 02 Endeavor and the bedroom slide has the bed in it. Could you explain how to check and adjust the rollers on it. I'm seeing marks on my carpet where the bed rests now and I notice the bottom of the slide sticks out about 3/16 of an inch when it's retracted. Also, when I run the slide all the way in or out, I hear what sounds like the gear jumping on the track. Any thoughts? By the way, I have installed your plates on the bottom of that slide and I'm very pleased with the way they came out. Thanks!

Bedroom Slide
Scotty Hutto

@throgmartin Bump. 

Bedroom Slide
96 EVO
41 minutes ago, Kevin E said:

ChrisT, I have an 02 Endeavor and the bedroom slide has the bed in it. Could you explain how to check and adjust the rollers on it. I'm seeing marks on my carpet where the bed rests now and I notice the bottom of the slide sticks out about 3/16 of an inch when it's retracted. Also, when I run the slide all the way in or out, I hear what sounds like the gear jumping on the track. Any thoughts? By the way, I have installed your plates on the bottom of that slide and I'm very pleased with the way they came out. Thanks!

Are you seeing any wood chips left on the carpet when you extend the slide? 

Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Are you seeing any wood chips left on the carpet when you extend the slide? 

No, I haven't seen any.

Bedroom Slide
96 EVO

When the slide is closed, does your paint lines (swirls or whatever) on the outside line up?

Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

When the slide is closed, does your paint lines (swirls or whatever) on the outside line up?

Yes, they appear to.

Atwood Cycle On/Off
William

Update..ran furnace last night and worked as it should it was a blocked vent hose thanks for all your help and suggestions. 

Bedroom Slide
96 EVO

What I would do in your case, and this is assuming your 02 is built like mine, is extend the slide, get a socket on the two floor rollers which will now be almost at the foot of the bed, and raise these two rollers up (CC/W) a couple of turns. Bring the slide in and see if the bottom gap has closed.

To do it properly, you really should remove the panel under the bed, and slacken off the two bolts that attach the drive assembly to the big aluminum plate, then retighten them after you have made your adjustment.

You probably won't ever completely stop the bed box leaving slight scuff mark on the carpet.

Bedroom Slide
Kevin E
21 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

What I would do in your case, and this is assuming your 02 is built like mine, is extend the slide, get a socket on the two floor rollers which will now be almost at the foot of the bed, and raise these two rollers up (CC/W) a couple of turns. Bring the slide in and see if the bottom gap has closed.

To do it properly, you really should remove the panel under the bed, and slacken off the two bolts that attach the drive assembly to the big aluminum plate, then retighten them after you have made your adjustment.

You probably won't ever completely stop the bed box leaving slight scuff mark on the carpet.

Thanks for the info. Are the adjustments accessible from the outside of the bed box? I've never got this deep into it.

Bedroom Slide
96 EVO

With the slide fully extended, push down on the carpet at the two edges at the foot of the bed.

If yours is the same as the newer models, with the slide extended, the bed box rollers should be about 3 or 4" from the foot edges of the bed. Should be able to reach the adjustment bolt with a 1/4" drive ratchet with 4" extension. CC/W raises rollers.

Bedroom Slide
Kevin E

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

belt tensioner
Rikadoo

looking to see if anyone has a Part number for a belt tensioner for a 2003 HR endeavor 8.3 cummins, I tried quick serve, then cummins... they gave me a part number they thought would cross, I pulled the old one off... not the one. I can get the name off the old one however the only number is a casting number. was hoping someone here may have had a similar issue that had a valid part number. thank you

belt tensioner
sjamiejones

Probably the same as my 2003 8.3 ISC,  Cummins 3973819.

-Jamie

2006 Endeavor air system schematic and no air building up in either tank.
Scotty Hutto

Guy, I just uploaded a air system schematics for a 2006 Diplomat, which I believe is the exact twin to the Endeavor. Sorry it wasn’t uploaded before now, but I thought the file was already posted. 

Hope that helps!

2006 Monaco Diplomat Air System.pdf

pwhittle

Hi Paul,

Can you take a picture of the new 4-pin plug? I have some of the 3-pin plug in the generator bay and if you have the pin outs of the new connector and can work out the connector, I can likely make a cable to suit.

Paul

Paul Busch

Paul,

Thanks, do you need me to remove the plug for the cameras and take pictures or just photo of the plug on the harness. This would be so helpful.

Would you be able to work out the 3 mirror Velvac 3 mirror 12 plug to the Ramco Truvision 2 mirror 6 plug?

Paul 

332-237-9811

belt tensioner
Rikadoo

Thank you Jamie, I just finished the belts, so hopefully I can get the tensioner tommorrow.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.