Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/306-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Oman generator
Harvey Babb
Alert for rechargeable Oral-B toothbrush
Harvey Babb
swsmitty535
Bob Nodine
belt tensioner
sjamiejones
Oman generator
Dr4Film
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
Servicing AquaHot 450D
John Haggard
Oman generator
Rikadoo
Sourcing Parts
Twomed
Oman generator
dl_racing427
Oman generator
Ray Davis
Oman generator
Ivan K
Rear laundry venting
Dennis H
swsmitty535
RVSSNAKE
Rear laundry venting
johncvandoren@gmail.com
Servicing AquaHot 450D
96 EVO
Oman generator
Mr Keith
Rear laundry venting
Chuck B
Looking for Manabloc part
erperry_44
Jim Byrd
erperry_44
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
Medallion
Monte Roger Fautin
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Keith Moffett
App for locating camp sites
Bob Priest
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
Jim Byrd
sheena154
Dennis H
Bob Priest
Dennis H
Rear laundry venting
Dennis H
Scott 61
Rear laundry venting
Pduggs
Bob Priest
Jim Byrd
Bob Priest

Oman generator
Harvey Babb

With two cylinder engines, note that the coil generates a spark in BOTH plugs at the same time. If one plug is not connected the other will not get a spark. 

You can not get a spark on either plug if the other plug is not connected. That also means that if either plug or plug wire is open then NEITHER of the plugs will fire.

Onthego

NO problem, we have the same toothbrush’s and charger. Are inverter is a PSW. 

Harvey Babb

This happens when a manufacturer "cheaps out" on the design of the charger by using a Capacitive dropping circuit. While extremely cheap to make they are overloaded by pulsed or square wave power (as is produced by MSW inverters).

I'm surprised that a major brand like Oral-B would do such a thing.

Bob Nodine
7 hours ago, Vince Toscano said:

Was that the only item that was drawing power from the inverter?

Heavens no, we leave the inverter on 24/7 and things like the Winegard Traveler, Wally, Channel Master, Samsung computer, and Samsung frig never miss a beat and don't notice when we change power sources to the motorhome.

Just found that I can order replacement chargers for $9.95 from Amazon and one is on the way.

swsmitty535
Bob Nodine
8 hours ago, Swsmitty535 said:

Could you share that location?

The switch you pull to turn the headlights on. Twist that switch counter clockwise until the light under the television and the map light above the driver's window come on.

belt tensioner
sjamiejones

Here is another Day I part number you might try, Dayco 3936213.

I can't vouch for correctness as I simply ran across this number while searching. You are correct to suspect the different timing of the tensioner you tried. If too loose it will not do the job and if too tight it will fatigue and break down the rubber in the tensioner quickly (from experience)!

-Jamie

Oman generator
Dr4Film

If all else fails, take it to a Cummins/Onan dealer and have them repair and service it. Those are the only people I allow to work on my Onan 7.5K generator.

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film
19 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Hello! I did Aquahot service this year. I drained the boiler fluid and replaced it - I don’t think anyone had done so before. The previous owner kept thorough records, but nothing regarding the Aquahot. Be forewarned - it holds about 18 gallons. I bought the Century concentrate. I replaced the nozzle, serviced the burner and replaced the faulty float switch. The previous switches were plastic - we replaced it with brass. The original was very brittle and broke trying to remove it. I had to re-tap the threads. It functions much better now. 

I thought the Aqua-Hot 450 model only had a 5 gallon boiler fluid tank. Have they changed the tank size to a larger tank or are you referring to a different model Aqua-Hot?

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman

I recall when changing my fluid in my 450 that I ended up putting in somewhere close to 14 gallons of fluid. 

Servicing AquaHot 450D
John Haggard

Another source 

lloydsrvheating.com

Lloyd De Gerald services

501 258 8426 

Peron Ak.

They came to my coach in Ohio last September and installed a newly remanufactured exchange. 

With a one year warranty. 

The tanks and system are of the 600 model. I think ?

20200902_122905.jpg

20200902_122846.jpg

20200903_093218.jpg

Oman generator
Rikadoo

One thing i didnt see tested, when cranking do you have battery voltage to the positive side of the coil. I dont know for sure cause i dont know much about Onan but i have heard there is a control board that uses input to control output... like no oil pressure no ignition. I know my DP has a Onan an intermintinly it will shut down the fuel pump, so some folks are connecting a bypass switch just to run the pump.

Source for front corner running turn signal
Rikadoo

Also for what its worth the reason that happen in the first place is part of the plastic weld fails that seals the lens, so when i worked for ford, that when parts were deleated or extended back order i would remove the body of the light put a little Dawn in the opening with water, shake it to get it clean. Then rinse an use a air hose to get as much water as i could out, then use a 1/4 drill bit an drill a hole directly on the lowest part UNDER the body of the lamp. That way any water that came in from rain or ??? Would drain out the bottom, seems kinda like a waste of time, however now looking at the $COST$ of the lamp assemblies on todays cars an trucks it can be a MAJOR savings😎

Sourcing Parts
Twomed

I too grabbed pages for our Dynasty.  They are specific to 2006 Dynasty model year but some will certainly cross.  Happy to share on a new clean flash drive.  This is over 100 pages, with pictures and part descriptions, and as Jim mentioned lots of vendor part numbers that are sometimes relatively easy to search for AND FIND currently.

Oman generator
dl_racing427
8 hours ago, Harvey Babb said:

With two cylinder engines, note that the coil generates a spark in BOTH plugs at the same time. If one plug is not connected the other will not get a spark. 

You can not get a spark on either plug if the other plug is not connected. That also means that if either plug or plug wire is open then NEITHER of the plugs will fire.

This is correct. 
Also. the second cap on the +12v side of the coil is only for RFI suppression.  Unless shorted, it won't affect the engine running.

Kit to replace Intec mirror mounted side cameras
pwhittle

Any future orders now include stainless steel replacement screws and locknuts and a grub screw for the wedge mount that the camera installs in on the mirror.

If anyone has received a kit from me and would like the replacement screws, let me know and I will send them to you.

B2CA3A8C-AE33-4B32-927E-E62C2E534ACA.jpeg

Oman generator
Ray Davis
13 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

See the source image

8 hours ago, Harvey Babb said:

Harvey has a valid point.  We were preoccupied with the coil primary components we didn't consider the secondary, but the 2 cylinder diagram shows how                   it could be the secondary components at fault.

Oman generator
Ivan K

All good points, all the time I was imagining an automotive style engine and never crossed my mind that it would/could be a 2 cylinder with no distributor cap...

Rear laundry venting
Dennis H

John, we originally "assumed" this was a new install. Is this assumption correct? If not, then the obvious question is whether your dryer is vented or ventless. There are both kinds but very different animals. You mention the cavity is totally enclosed. This would either indicate your dryer is ventless, again assuming it's a factory install. Please clarify. Did you abandon the hole you drilled in the cavity earlier?....Thanks ....Dennis

swsmitty535
RVSSNAKE

On our 2000 Diplomat - Just like Bob N, - The switch you pull to turn the headlights on. Twist that switch counter clockwise. Though I need to replace our bulb on ours.😀

Rear laundry venting
johncvandoren@gmail.com

Dennis, it’s a new install of a vented Splendide.  My 06 Knight was pre-wired & plumbed for a ventless unit, so I’m trying to find the correct path for the vent through the back closet wall. It is the cavity behind the wall that is enclosed.  There’s about 16” between that wall and the rear cap, but I don’t want to drill through the cap, let alone the emblems there-on.

Medallion MMDC and air pressure switch
63Hotrod

On an 08 Endeavor I am looking for the location of the MMDC ,what and a part number

i think this might be the cause of our low air pressure 

ok

Does anyone know what the low pressure switch on the tank triggers. Wondering if this is what triggers the info center to display low air pressure  Going to unhook the Medallion pressure sensor to see what this does soon as it warms up

Medallion MMDC and air pressure switch
63Hotrod

On an 08 Endeavor I am looking for the location of the MMDC ,what and a part number

i think this might be the cause of our low air pressure 

ok

Does anyone know what the low pressure switch on the tank triggers. Wondering if this is what triggers the info center to display low air pressure  Going to unhook the Medallion pressure sensor to see what this does soon as it warms up

Servicing AquaHot 450D
96 EVO
On 1/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, John Haggard said:

Yes , it is quite simple.

good luck.

And, there are Many,many quality youtube videos to watch.

Roger Burk is a great go to source.

And there are some you don't want to watch!

The plate with the flame sensor is meant to float. Seen one Youtube where the guy added washers to 'tighten' up the plate 🙄!

Oman generator
Mr Keith

So here is an update. Yea it’s running! Turned out to be the new points. After hours of trouble shooting other things I took them out and sanded them and cleaned  with acetone and it fired right up. I should have done that before I put them in. Thanks for all the help and input. On to the next project 

Rear laundry venting
Chuck B

It is a lot easier to go through the side wall to the outside.  That is the way I did it.  Chuck B

erperry_44

I am looking for a BLACK T-handle.  These were used on the old Vanguard system Manabloc.  The only thing I have been able to find is the RED T-handle which is larger and does not work on the older systems.  My BLACK T-handle broke and I hate to have to update the entire system for a .76 cent part.

Jim Byrd

If you measure the square valve stem and the ID of the hold to access the stem you should be able to find one in the plumbing department of any good hardware store. 

An 8 point socket wall also fit a square valve stem.

erperry_44

If the value stem was square I could use a pair of pliers but it is diamond shape. <sigh>  And since everything is OLD plastic, I have to be careful. 2001 HR.

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
12 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I thought the Aqua-Hot 450 model only had a 5 gallon boiler fluid tank. Have they changed the tank size to a larger tank or are you referring to a different model Aqua-Hot?

Sorry, I was wrong in my statement in regards to my unit. I do not have a 450. Mine is a 100 series. My apologies, don’t know what I was thinking. 

Medallion
Monte Roger Fautin

My instrument panel gauges all fluctuate. Oscillating and pulsing with no data input. My tech says medallion guage. 

Does anyone agree?  Where can I get a new(used). Medallion? Not having any success. 2008 monaco signature 600 up.

CTC

008 Monaco Signature, 600hp

all fluctuate

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Keith Moffett
9 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Sorry, I was wrong in my statement in regards to my unit. I do not have a 450. Mine is a 100 series. My apologies, don’t know what I was thinking. 

You have the AHE 100 04s ?  Just a guess!

Bob Priest

I was wondering if any one could recommend a app or web site that would help find camp sites along route on a trip

Thanks

Bob Priest 

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman

That is correct. 

Jim Byrd
47 minutes ago, erperry_44 said:

If the value stem was square I could use a pair of pliers but it is diamond shape. <sigh>  And since everything is OLD plastic, I have to be careful. 2001 HR.

I just thought that it was square because the red one that I saw was square.  You might me able to modify a red one with a little imagination. 

After educating myself it looks like the older style valve has a smaller diamond, that being the case it should be relative simple to resize the newer style red tool by shimming the diamond to make it smaller.  

Sure like your coach, it's a beauty.

sheena154

I use AllStays, campgroundreviews.com, RVParky.com, OvernightRVParking.com among others.  If you're an Elk or Moose member RVillage has great databases for these that allow RV parking.

Tricia Neuzil

Dennis H

I've found RV Parky to be one of the easiest and simplest to use. You can tailor it to your particular needs/wants/likes including free campsites, Wally Worlds, Fuel stops etc. not just pay to park RV sites. Take a look:....Dennis

RV Parky

Bob Priest

Thanks Dennis

Dennis H

See if this one fits your unit...Dennis

Manabloc Part # 50602

50602-2.jpg

Rear laundry venting
Dennis H
7 hours ago, johncvandoren@gmail.com said:

Dennis, it’s a new install of a vented Splendide.  My 06 Knight was pre-wired & plumbed for a ventless unit, so I’m trying to find the correct path for the vent through the back closet wall. It is the cavity behind the wall that is enclosed.  There’s about 16” between that wall and the rear cap, but I don’t want to drill through the cap, let alone the emblems there-on.

Gotcha! Mine is in a cabinet on the passenger side in the bedroom next to the clothes closet. It vents through the side of the coach and is painted to match the graphics so it's hardly noticeable. Only thing I'd suggest is measure twice, cut once. It should be as straight a shot out as possible. Lint likes to catch on things and can present a fire hazard if not kept clean. Easy thing to forget about.....Dennis

Scott 61

Don't forget RV life & Park advisor

Rear laundry venting
Pduggs

Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but important to Monaco owners. My coach was 10 years old when I bought it from original owner. I found the dryer vent as it exited the coach, wasn’t sealed or properly secured. While washing the coach, I found this. A good reason to wash your coach now and then. 

The plastic vent sits on untreated wood. Mine was rotted. I replaced what I could and sealed it well. 

Bob Priest
47 minutes ago, sheena154 said:

I use AllStays, campgroundreviews.com, RVParky.com, OvernightRVParking.com among others.  If you're an Elk or Moose member RVillage has great databases for these that allow RV parking.

Tricia Neuzil

Thank you

12 minutes ago, Scott 61 said:

Don't forget RV life & Park advisor

Thanks

Jim Byrd

I second RV PARKY,  it easy to use, has great features and it's FREE.

Bob Priest

Thank for info

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.