Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/307-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film
App for locating camp sites
Pepperell
Looking for Manabloc part
erperry_44
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film
Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman
8D Napa Chassis battery 1100 CCA
Rob connors
John Haggard
Pepperell
John Haggard
Ray Davis
John Haggard
gjh2916
Paul A.
lotosrggp1
vito.a
belt tensioner
Rikadoo
Aqua-Hot coolant mystery?
wamcneil
Welding on chassis
rtmurley
Larry H
Batteries
rtmurley
Batteries
Converterjoe
Alert for rechargeable Oral-B toothbrush
granvillebarker
Welding on chassis
Converterjoe
Bad fuel
rtmurley
Welding on chassis
Ivan K
Welding on chassis
Converterjoe
Bad fuel
Jim Bob
Batteries
Jim Bob
Bad fuel
Scotty Hutto
Bad fuel
rtmurley
Bad fuel
DavidL
Batteries
rtmurley
Bad fuel
rtmurley
Chargerman
wamcneil
Ivan K
Frank Bergamo

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film
8 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Sorry, I was wrong in my statement in regards to my unit. I do not have a 450. Mine is a 100 series. My apologies, don’t know what I was thinking. 

No big deal! Just trying to keep the information flowing here as accurate as possible as there are a number of new members now that are just learning the ropes of these complicated systems. My coach came with a AH-100-01 which took a dump the winter of 2005/6. Had to have it replaced with a rebuilt from the plant in Colorado and they took the failed one back as a core charge. They sent an AH - 431/12 model which is basically identical to the AH-100. I think the later models 100-03 and 100-04 are somewhat different electronically as they have that control board which lights up with indicator lights.

Anyway, the fluid in my Aqua-Hot was changed out when they did the swap but I did it again in the summer of 2015 while in Alaska. I used Zerex Ethylene Glycol Coolant same as what I use in the Cummins ISC-350.

Pepperell

Rvtripwizard.com is a good route planning app for pc.  Not sure if it runs on apple.  You can set distance circles on a map, which helps locate parks.  

2004 Monaco Knight-Ice Maker Water Supply Shut Off Location?
Bob Wightman

I'm a new owner to a 2004 Monaco Knight 34PDD, when we got it the refrigerator did not work...Just got that fixed.  While doing so I noticed the water supply tube for the ice maker was broken and not connected to the water supply solenoid, fixed that too.  Now fridge is cold but ice maker is not working,  ice but water supply has to be shut off somewhere.  Water line goes down behind the furnace but don's see the line when I open the cover, checked under the kitchen & bath sinks and its not there either, and I don't see it over by the pump on the water inlet side of the coach .  Does anybody know the location for the shut off?  Its obviously got to be turned off or it would have been spraying out the broken 1/4" line.  Thanks in advance 

Dr4Film

Mine is located under the kitchen sink as is many other Monaco models. It is a small needle valve coming from a T in the cold (blue pex) water line.

erperry_44

I found the RED handle too but the description says it will be work with the older Vanguard systems.

20210119_074601.jpg

1611060679773939121511386720591.jpg

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman

Thanks Richard,

I thought that propylene glycol was the only approved fluid due to the toxicity of ethylene glycol. I am clear that fresh water loop and the closed part of the system are separate. Is there any risk with the use of ethylene products?

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Dr4Film

Steven, on Roger Berke's Aqua-Hot discussion forum, he had put together a list of model numbers that were approved to use EG boiler coolant and what models could ONLY use PG boiler fluid. I will look to see if I have a copy of that document.

Basically if your Aqua-Hot model has an external fresh water loop then either EG or PG can be used. However, if your model has an internal fresh water loop inside the boiler then you can ONLY use the PG boiler coolant.

Servicing AquaHot 450D
Chargerman

Thanks again Richard!  
    I think mine has the external loop and wish I would have found Roger before I changed my fluid. 😳. He is a great guy!

ncsteve

On my 04 Knight, there is an access panel under the fridge inside the coach. It is behind that on the left side. 

John Haggard

Mine turns off here.

Are you certain that 100 percent all cold faucets work ?

Try the cold spicket or shower valve in wet bay 

20210118_164232.jpg

ncsteve

As for the convex mirror, I ordered mine from Ramco Engineering. Part number SNP-GLS602WS-kit.  

Bob Wightman

It turns out that my mirrors were from Ramco (even thought the owners manual says they were from Velvac) so I returned the convex mirror to them and ordered the correct one from Ramco.  FYI to anyone else having to do this, if its a Ramco mirror their name is printed on the glass.  Ramco was very helpful and easy to deal with (so was Velvac), just got to know what you've got before you order and online research is not always 100% accurate.

I don't have a manifold like that in my coach and all other water sources work fine.  Found the shut off valve under the fridge behind a louvered wood panel for the furnace.

Thanks ncsteve, thats right where it was!!  its on now, lets hope for ice!

Rob connors

I need to replace my NAPA 8D Chassis Battery 110O CCA which is very Heavy. I would like to know if I should replace it with 2 each 12volt Battery wired in Parallel ? I would like to know everyones thoughts.

John Haggard
10 minutes ago, Rob connors said:

I need to replace my NAPA 8D Chassis Battery 110O CCA which is very Heavy. I would like to know if I should replace it with 2 each 12volt Battery wired in Parallel ? I would like to know everyones thoughts.

Your 8 D is 12 volt

Thats what we use.

Great batteries with long life

What we use in all of our semis also.

Pepperell

If you mean replacing one battery with two, the Executives have a large engine that would be happiest with two.  The more CCA, the less voltage drop while cranking to start.  

John Haggard
1 minute ago, Pepperell said:

If you mean replacing one battery with two, the Executives have a large engine that would be happiest with two.  The more CCA, the less voltage drop while cranking to start.  

Maybe he is thinking two 6 volt ???

33 minutes ago, Rob connors said:

12 minutes ago, Pepperell said:

New questions about lithium batteries
saflyer

I’m getting closer to installing my LiFePO batteries. I just read something I hadn’t thought of before. Actually, in a way the subject did come up. Previously, the issue arose that lithium house batteries may not be very useful to help the chassis batteries if they are too low to start the engine.

Now an added issue. I only recently found out my generator uses the house batteries to start. It was pointed out in an article I read that lithium batteries don’t have the current capacity needed to start a diesel generator. I do know that I usually have to crank the generator starter for some time when it is cold. Is this going to be a problem?

Question two. I was planning to add a DCDC charger to effectively use the engine alternator to charge the lithium house batteries. Now I learn about a product called a battery combiner that will need to be upgraded. I have no idea what one of those is. I read the description but remain confused. Is it the same as my Trombetta relay? I know the two voltages of the different battery banks are compared to tell the system when to charge the house batteries when the alternator is charging? Can someone educate me on this?

Ed         
’05 HR Ambassador 

From amsolar.com

2.  Alternator Charging:  When upgrading to lithium batteries you will need to upgrade your battery combiner for alternator charging. Without this modification, the higher resting voltage of a lithium battery will trick the existing battery combiner relay into thinking the alternator is running and the lithium battery bank will be paralleled to the starter battery, even when the ignition is turned off. The result is lithium batteries draining into the starter battery until they crash to a dangerously low voltage or the lithium batteries’ internal BMS engages, preventing further discharge.

If you have a lithium battery system that can handle a charging current of 150A or more (three or more Battle Born lithium batteries), and you do not have a smart alternator (here’s the Smart Alternator Test) you use the Victron Cyrix-Li-Ct battery combiner, variant “Lithium / 230A”.

The Victron Cyrix-Li-Ct can quickly charge a lithium battery up to about 80% state of charge.

If you have a smaller battery bank (one or two Battle Born batteries) and/or a smart alternator, you will need to use the Sterling Battery to Battery Charger. The Sterling is programmable for any battery chemistry and can bring a battery up to 100% state of charge.

Neither device is needed if you plan on using AGM batteries.

Estimated Installation Labor
High Current Alternator Charging
3 hours / $435

Victron Cyrix Battery Combiner

from 40.00

Victron Cyrix battery combiners connect your house battery bank to your starter battery and alternator to allow alternator charging. Additionally, when a charge is applied to a house battery bank the Cyrix will close and allow current to flow to the starter battery. Select an appropriate Cyrix based on your house battery type and alternator current rating.

Alternator 160A or less - 120A Cyrix
Alternator more than 160A - 230A Cyrix

Battery Type / Rating: 
         Select Battery Type / Rating         AGM / 120AAGM / 230ALithium / 120ALithium / 230A       
Quantity:
ADD TO CART
Sterling Battery to Battery Charger 12V/60A

This device is ideal for lithium alternator charger system upgrades in motorhomes where a smart alternator is used, or when the lithium battery bank cannot handle high current.

New questions about lithium batteries
saflyer

I’m getting closer to installing my LiFePO batteries. I just read something I hadn’t thought of before. Actually, in a way the subject did come up. Previously, the issue arose that lithium house batteries may not be very useful to help the chassis batteries if they are too low to start the engine.

Now an added issue. I only recently found out my generator uses the house batteries to start. It was pointed out in an article I read that lithium batteries don’t have the current capacity needed to start a diesel generator. I do know that I usually have to crank the generator starter for some time when it is cold. Is this going to be a problem?

Question two. I was planning to add a DCDC charger to effectively use the engine alternator to charge the lithium house batteries. Now I learn about a product called a battery combiner that will need to be upgraded. I have no idea what one of those is. I read the description but remain confused. Is it the same as my Trombetta relay? Does it replace it? I know the two voltages of the different battery banks are compared to tell the system when to charge the house batteries when the alternator is charging? Can someone educate me on this?

Ed         
’05 HR Ambassador 

From amsolar.com:

2.  Alternator Charging:  When upgrading to lithium batteries you will need to upgrade your battery combiner for alternator charging. Without this modification, the higher resting voltage of a lithium battery will trick the existing battery combiner relay into thinking the alternator is running and the lithium battery bank will be paralleled to the starter battery, even when the ignition is turned off. The result is lithium batteries draining into the starter battery until they crash to a dangerously low voltage or the lithium batteries’ internal BMS engages, preventing further discharge.

If you have a lithium battery system that can handle a charging current of 150A or more (three or more Battle Born lithium batteries), and you do not have a smart alternator (here’s the Smart Alternator Test) you use the Victron Cyrix-Li-Ct battery combiner, variant “Lithium / 230A”.

The Victron Cyrix-Li-Ct can quickly charge a lithium battery up to about 80% state of charge.

If you have a smaller battery bank (one or two Battle Born batteries) and/or a smart alternator, you will need to use the Sterling Battery to Battery Charger. The Sterling is programmable for any battery chemistry and can bring a battery up to 100% state of charge.

Neither device is needed if you plan on using AGM batteries.

Estimated Installation Labor
High Current Alternator Charging
3 hours / $435

from 40.00

Victron Cyrix battery combiners connect your house battery bank to your starter battery and alternator to allow alternator charging. Additionally, when a charge is applied to a house battery bank the Cyrix will close and allow current to flow to the starter battery. Select an appropriate Cyrix based on your house battery type and alternator current rating.

Alternator 160A or less - 120A Cyrix
Alternator more than 160A - 230A Cyrix

Battery Type / Rating: 
         Select Battery Type / Rating         AGM / 120AAGM / 230ALithium / 120ALithium / 230A       
Quantity:
ADD TO CART

This device is ideal for lithium alternator charger system upgrades in motorhomes where a smart alternator is used, or when the lithium battery bank cannot handle high current.

Ray Davis

He said two 12v batteries wired in parallel which is still 12v but double the amps.

I think what he's asking is if 2 batteries of lesser weight would be ok.   To that I say why not as long as you still have the amps.  Big batteries are really heavy.

I used to man handle the batteries now they man handle me.   I use the bucket on my tractor to carefully lift them into place now.

bobdinsmore

Bob Wightman,

Bryant's RV has an excellent troubleshooting and repair manual for the ice maker, including how you can manually cycle thru the ice-making cycle without having to get it to freezing temperature. If it's broken and you need a new one, Lowe's sells it for a good price.

John Haggard
27 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

He said two 12v batteries wired in parallel which is still 12v but double the amps.

I think what he's asking is if 2 batteries of lesser weight would be ok.   To that I say why not as long as you still have the amps.  Big batteries are really heavy.

I used to man handle the batteries now they man handle me.   I use the bucket on my tractor to carefully lift them into place now.

Ha Ha

Yes

I have 4 grandsons that play football.

A $20. Gets my batteries changed out Ray.

My boat has 4, 8 D house batteries. 

A $50. Gets them installed 

gjh2916

The red handle and black handle are different sizes. If you call Viega 800-775-5039 they will send you a black tee handle one for no charge since they do not manufacture these anymore. Viega now owns Manabloc  

Paul A.

A Robertson head screw driver should work.

lotosrggp1

Allstays is only an apple app, but Allstays.com works similar and much of it is free although they also have a paid area. No one app is 100%, they all have class.

vito.a

I no longer use the large 8D batteries.  I'm using two NAPA Group 31 batteries rated at 1100CCA each.  They are 12V and I connect them in parallel.  They crank better and last longer than the 8D batteries.  Plus they are much easier to handle.  

SteveJ

second (or third) the thought that the shutoff is below the refrigerator - my panel was held on by hinges on both sides! Had to take off 4 screws and it swung open for access to the cutoff.

belt tensioner
Rikadoo

So I have spent WAY more time on this project than I had wanted, I ended up calling Dayco this AM and ended up talking with Jerry, he was able to cross my old pn to the current model used. SJAMIEJONES was correct it originally was a 3936213 dayco, however with all the updates it is now a Dayco 89481 which is now the most correct for my application, I spoke to him on how I saw difference in the girth of its base as well as its not having the wear bushing on the base that attaches to the retainer of the engine. He spoke of the specifications that modified the reason for the upgrade in keeping debris out of the tensioner as well as now using a better sealed bearing. Soooooo now its off to find my part, Thank you for everyones input, there were so many options where parts people said there parts were correct according to there parts book, it just pays to trust your gut when you see a difference no one can explain.

wamcneil

Just a follow-up.

The radiator cap brass filler neck is soldered to the top edge of a 1-1/2" OD steel tube coming out the top of the AH tank. Just the very top edge of the tube is soldered to the filler neck. It's not like the filler has a sleeve that fits down tight into the pipe and is soldered securely. It's just perched atop the tube and is soldered to the edge of the pipe only.

This solder joint had cracked. Very little coolant was escaping, but the crack mainly allowed air to seep into the tank when cooling. So coolant gets pushed out to the overflow reservoir, and then air gets sucked back into the AH tank.

I don't see any practical way to "fix" this with the AH in place, so I've plugged the tube with a 1-3/8" rubber expanding radiator test plug like Ivan did (1-3/8" is nominal. actual OD ~1.25"). My first attempt was to put a 1-1/8" test plug down through the filler neck and plug it with the filler neck in place, but that was a disaster. Plug got stuck in there and I couldn't get it back out. Thankfully I was able to pry up on the filler neck and get it to pop clean off the top of the tube.

Presently I'm running the system unpressurized, and I think this would probably work just fine. But I have ordered a 2.5 L pressurized coolant reservoir and plan to put this in place of the original overflow bottle. My system displaces about 2-1/4 L between hot and cold, so I think this tank will suffice. The new tank has a pressure cap on it, so the overflow hose from the AH to the tank will be pressurized and I'll run a new 5/16" coolant hose for it. 

I do remember reading a thread where somebody got a short piece of radiator hose over the tube to extend it up and put a filler on the other end of the hose. I think this might be a 'better' fix, but I figure the top housing of the AH would need to be cut back to make room for the hose clamp and a tool to tighten it. Which I think would be a nightmare in this confined space... Looks like the newer AHs have a tube that extend higher than mine (mine is flush with the top of the housing). In that case, the hose repair would be a LOT easier.

So, if you've got a leaking filler neck, don't despair. It's not that bad.

Cheers,

Walter

Welding on chassis
rtmurley

My coach (2009 Dynasty, ISM engine) is at Cummins for repairs. The tech found a bracket in the engine compartment that failed the weld to the chassis. Cummins wants to reweld the bracket to the chassis. What precautions need to be taken to prevent damage to the electrical/electronic systems?

Thank You,

Ray Murley

2009 Dynasty

Larry H

I love Allstays.

Batteries
rtmurley

My coach (2009 Dynasty ISM engine) is at Cummins because of a no start condition. Cummins found the batteries under load would drop to 7 volts not enough to start the engine. Under no load conditions the batteries show full charge 13 volts. What causes batteries to lose capacity under load. In the 8 years we have owned the coach we have replaced the chassis batteries five times, normal life is 20 months with longest being 27 months.. Cummins has determined the starter is bad and is in the process of changing it. What may be causing the short battery life?

Thank You,

Ray Murley

2009 Dynasty

Batteries
Converterjoe

That's a LOT of batteries in eight years.  Do you let your batteries go dead often?  Allowing FLA batteries to discharge completely can cut their life in half.

Alert for rechargeable Oral-B toothbrush
granvillebarker

My Phillips sonicare chargers work in the coach, and they will charge the Braun toothbrushes.

Welding on chassis
Converterjoe

Be sure to completely disconnect the batteries and temporarily relocate anything electrical/electronic that lies within a foot or so of the area to be welded.  If Cummins is doing the work they will take the necessary precautions because they are liable for damages if they don't.

Bad fuel
rtmurley

My coach (2009 Dynasty, ISM engine) is at Cummins for a no start condition. Cummins addressed a hard starting condition in February 2020 and found the fuel filter was plugged up. They cut the filter apart and found it was black. Replaced filter and engine started. I have since used a fuel biocide to prevent algae buildup. If they find that the filters are again plugged, what are my options? Can a shock treatment of the biocide get rid of the algae? At what point does the fuel have to be drained and the tank cleaned?

Cummins has found the chassis batteries and the starter are bad and are being replaced. Hopefully, those actions will resolve the no start problem.

Thank you,

Ray Murley

2009 Dynasty

Welding on chassis
Ivan K

I always place the ground clamp close to the weld area so there would not be current loops where they should not be even with the batteries disconnected.

Welding on chassis
Converterjoe
6 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I always place the ground clamp close to the weld area so there would not be current loops where they should not be even with the batteries disconnected.

Good point - I should've mentioned that

Bad fuel
Jim Bob

I have had the problem in the past and rigged up a pump and a house water filter to cycle the fuel through in order to clean the tank and fuel. I got the pump from harbor freight and the filter from home depot.  I just used some old garden hose and clamps to hook it all together.  The filters came in a 6 pack and by the time I got to the 6th one the fuel was pretty clean.  It can be a messy process especially when changing out the filters, but it worked.  I replace the fuel filters often and use a fuel additive in every tank.  I'll add some more if it sits for a month.  I also carry extra fuel filters whenever I travel.  Biodiesel is awful for an application like an RV that is not driven everyday.  Jim

Batteries
Jim Bob

Wow that is a lot of batteries!!!  I get 5 years out of my chassis battery.  I always keep a trickle charger/conditioner on it when its parked.  Sorry, no idea what is causing the short life on yours.  I'm starting to regret responding to this post, because I have a feeling I'm going to go out and find my chassis battery needs replacing.  LOL.

Bad fuel
Scotty Hutto

Ray,

the biocide prevents growth, but you will need an enzyme to remove any existing dead algae. 

Biobor JF is the algecide I use at every fill up to prevent algae. There are many good ones  

About twice a year, I put a bottle of Star Brite from Startron in my tank. It contains enzymes that purportedly digest the dead algae and “polishes” the fuel. 

Star Tron Enzyme Diesel Fuel Treatment - Super Concentrated Formula https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HWUZBO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Ux1bGbGZB1Q8Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It might be worth a try... it’s a lot easier than cleaning the tank! At a minimum it stabilizes the fuel. 

Perry GA FMCA and a vendor for Balance Masters
amphi_sc

Any vendor known to be at Perry this March that carries Balance Masters?  I'm looking to pick up sets for front, drive, and tag soon.  (The manufacturer site is very confusing to figure out what to order.)  New tires planned upon return from GA before summer trip to Alaska... assuming one can get though Canada...  We've had our first of the two shots.

Bad fuel
rtmurley

Scotty, thank you for your reply. I will try the Star Tron Enzyme. Sure a lot easier than draining the tank and having it cleaned.

Ray

Bad fuel
DavidL

How did they start it once the filter was opened if it needs a starter?  Is the starter intermittent?

Two faults for one symptom is not common.

Unless one fried the starter trying to start it with bad fuel...

If your filter is that clogged, then the fuel in the tank is likely toast.  I wouldn't mess around.  Drain, clean, new filter (another) and run.

Batteries
rtmurley

Jim Bob, thank you for your reply. There is no electricity where the coach is stored. However, the solar panel on the roof keeps the batteries charged. Whenever I go out to the coach I check the battery voltages with a volt meter and there always up.

Ray

Bad fuel
rtmurley

DavidL, Cummins has not been able to start the engine yet. The coach was towed into their shop with a no start condition. They checked the batteries under load and found the voltage dropped to 7 volts during cranking. They put new batteries in and found the engine turned over too slow to start. They surmised the starter was bad and have ordered a new starter. Hopefully, a new starter will resolve the issue.

Thank you David

Chargerman

Roger Burke offers a filler neck repair kit on his site. His site is: rvhydronicheaterrepair.com

and the part is called “no-solder-filler neck kit”

Valid Air Leveling System Rookie Question
CapnDean

Learning as I go.  While anchored at a rather notso level RV park - The small compressor that is there to bump up the system went off and wouldn't stop running after an extended period.  Ultimately I killed the power to it in order to shut it up. I know that I have EITHER a bad 90-120pressure switch OR a compressor that is not building pressure.   In my troubleshooting efforts, I got to thinking....  It would take forever for the small 12V compressor to air up the coach from scratch.  I am trying to understand the process here so let me get this straight:   The air bags are inflated by the main air system on the coach.  That said, when I roll into a park, I have plenty of air to level up etc.   As time marches on and the bags leak down (5 days) the small compressor ought to kick on, bring it up to 120# again and VIOLA another 5 days.     Herein lies my question -  If A man knew that his compressor was shot, he could start the main engine and allow the Coach air to bring it back into tolerance.   Am I correct? If that is the case, then what stops the mini compressor from trying to air up the whole coach when it is parked?    When I have left my coach un-used for any period of time, first thing that I do when I start it, is to wait for the main engine air compressor to bring the system up to pressure so that I will have brakes.

wamcneil

Ok, now it makes sense. Somebody mentioned a repair kit using heat-shrink. He’s using some kind of Uber-shrink instead of trying to get a hose clamp down in there. 
If I ever wind up clamping to that pipe, I’ll use an elbow hose to turn it horizontal and use a remote filler cap outboard where it can be. accessed by human hands!

cheers

Walter

Ivan K
42 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Roger Burke offers a filler neck repair kit on his site. His site is: rvhydronicheaterrepair.com

and the part is called “no-solder-filler neck kit”

Certainly an option if you are willing to remove the whole AH from the rig. Impossible to install while in place in our rig, probably the same for most. Not mentioning $220 for a new neck vs. ~$20...

Frank Bergamo

I repaired a leaky filler neck with a piece of silicone hose, two clamps, and a flange welded to a filler neck. I drilled a small hole in Aqua Hot cabinet to access lower clamp to tighten. Very simple process and very economical. Hope this helps.

Bad fuel
sjamiejones

Ray, sounds like you got the Cummins B-Team. The battery voltage may drop during starting with a bad starter but your batteries may be fine. Voltage is probably the wrong thing to monitor to diagnose this problem. The bad starter has sucked up a lot of current from the batteries and you naturally see a low voltage condition. Based on your history replacing batteries I would guess the starter has been bad or the fuel problem has resulted in hard starting that damaged the starter previously.

Like Jim said, biodiesel can be a problem. If you have a dirty tank to start with, biodiesel will do a great job dissolving the existing solids and they will deposit throughout your filters and maybe pump and injectors. If Cummins can't polish the fuel you might look into a service that can. This is pretty common around diesel boats. Also, some good ideas after getting this straight is, keep your tank full while parked for a period of time, use a biocide "regularly", burn biodiesel only when you will burn through the tank, carry additional filters and replace them on a frequent basis until problem resolves, AND never let the engine turn over for long periods of time without engine start. This last thing will kill another starter by overheating it.

New Life to a Monaco Dynasty
Texas RV Flooring & Design

We glued everything down.   Yes, doing engineered wood is the way to go.  

Ivan K

Al, I don't know the answer but when I needed mine, I just called them and their tech guy asked a couple of questions and got it right the first time. Just my experience with them.

wamcneil
41 minutes ago, Frank Bergamo said:

. I drilled a small hole in Aqua Hot cabinet to access lower clamp to tighten. Very simple process and very economical. Hope this helps.

Brilliant!

Tony G.

I changed out my manobloc and still have the black key. I would be happy to send it to you. Email me your address to gonzo136@yahoo.com. And I will mail it to you.

Tony

Ivan K

Your aux compressor should not kick in if you level the coach at arrival and then turn leveling off. That's what I do when boondocking, to preserve batteries. I have HWH system but would expect the same with yours.

Frank Bergamo

If you knew that your aux compressor was shot, then yes, you could start the engine to air up system to relevel coach. As Ivan said above, once level, turn off Valid remote, then aux compressor will not come on. I always make sure to turn off remote when leaving coach for a period of time so aux compressor will not activate while away. On my coach, I have also wired a switch from compressor to left arm control panel so I can turn off compressor any time, just in case I forget to turn off Valid remote. A little redundant, but as I age, I need all the help I can get. Hope this helps.

erperry_44

Sent you my address. Thanks a lot.

Keith Moffett
5 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

Any vendor known to be at Perry this March that carries Balance Masters?  I'm looking to pick up sets for front, drive, and tag soon.  (The manufacturer site is very confusing to figure out what to order.)  New tires planned upon return from GA before summer trip to Alaska... assuming one can get though Canada...  We've had our first of the two shots.

What shots?

Keith Moffett
3 hours ago, CapnDean said:

Learning as I go.  While anchored at a rather notso level RV park - The small compressor that is there to bump up the system went off and wouldn't stop running after an extended period.  Ultimately I killed the power to it in order to shut it up. I know that I have EITHER a bad 90-120pressure switch OR a compressor that is not building pressure.   In my troubleshooting efforts, I got to thinking....  It would take forever for the small 12V compressor to air up the coach from scratch.  I am trying to understand the process here so let me get this straight:   The air bags are inflated by the main air system on the coach.  That said, when I roll into a park, I have plenty of air to level up etc.   As time marches on and the bags leak down (5 days) the small compressor ought to kick on, bring it up to 120# again and VIOLA another 5 days.     Herein lies my question -  If A man knew that his compressor was shot, he could start the main engine and allow the Coach air to bring it back into tolerance.   Am I correct? If that is the case, then what stops the mini compressor from trying to air up the whole coach when it is parked?    When I have left my coach un-used for any period of time, first thing that I do when I start it, is to wait for the main engine air compressor to bring the system up to pressure so that I will have brakes.

What coach is always helpful info.  On our Beaver the compressor pumps up a tank just for that compressor and shuts off.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.