Just inquiring

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

You do better than the 450D model!

After engine shut down, I 'may' get another half hour of the heat exchangers running. By morning, enough warm water for a couple of people to wash their hands and face.

Ben, the main reason why you don't get the same results is that the capacity of boiler fluid in the AH-450D model is only a mere 5 gallons versus 16 gallons for the larger units.

I wonder if anyone makes a lower temp cut-in thermostat that would be a direct replacement for the one AH installs?

Wouldn't bother me if the air temp from the exchangers dropped another 10deg, or water temp dropped, before the burner re-fired. No big deal if the burner has to run an extra minute or two, but the short cycling get's annoying!

The short cycling is because of the small capacity tank. Aqua-Hot was attempting to save space and weight by making a smaller unit and save money because it was cheaper to make. But the consumer took it in the rear both in the cost of the option and getting a baby Aqua-Hot instead of an adult sized one.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

But the consumer took it in the rear both in the cost of the option and getting a baby Aqua-Hot instead of an adult sized one.

Yes we did!

I still like it better than propane water tank and furnace(s), but man, I sure wish they had installed 600's in ALL the larger coaches!