Monaco Technical Tips

Bob, I just tried and the file downloaded just fine.  Are you logged into the site?  Sometimes if you click on the link in an email alert but not already logged in you could get this type of failure.  Also, you need to agree to the terms and conditions screen that first pops up when you go to download the file.

Are you trying to do the download from the download screen when logged into the site?

Also, see if you can download other files.  If you can't, it could be that you have the security settings on your computer set too high.

1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

Bob, I just tried and the file downloaded just fine.  Are you logged into the site?  Sometimes if you click on the link in an email alert but not already logged in you could get this type of failure.  Also, you need to agree to the terms and conditions screen that first pops up when you go to download the file.

Are you trying to do the download from the download screen when logged into the site?

Also, see if you can download other files.  If you can't, it could be that you have the security settings on your computer set too high.

I tried it from your post on Feb 19th.  Wil try it from the main site & on our computer tomorrow.  

Interesting, I just tried to download the file and McAfee popped up and said this (see attached pic):

Anyone else get this?

Dangerous Virus.JPG

I downloaded it again, accepted the risk, scanned it off line with McAfee, and got this (pic), so all is good.

Dangerous Virus2.JPG

Edited by Corkman

I've seen this happen before when some virus scan software programs will flag the file and others will not.  I Don't quite know why.  It could be the virus security setting being too high.

However, it also might be because this Acrobat reader file uses internal redirect links that allows you to click on a topic in the index that brings you to the specific technical tip.  If you save the downloaded file and scan it before opening it, as Bill said, the file comes up clean.

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Monaco Technical Tips
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Thanks for the hard work. I shared the file to my Google drive and the TOC links dont work. They do work when I use the file locally. Any idea why?

Likely the Google drive is thinking that the links in the TOC could be redirecting as what a virus might do.  But like you said, if you download the file the TOC works just fine.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Frank McElroy said:

There is a NEW updated download file on Monaco Technical Tips.

Of the nearly 290 Tech Tips issued by Monaco from 2001-2008, we originally only had just under 70 of them in our files.  Thanks to Scotty, who found over 200 additional Monaco Tech Tips, we now have nearly a complete set. 

THANK YOU SCOTTY!!!

I pulled all the nearly 290 individual PDF files into one PDF master file – put them all in the same format and made a linked Table of Contents. 

This means that you can download this new single PDF file (400+ pages) and when you see a topic of interest, just click on the title in the Table of Contents and it will bring you directly to the technical tip.  (If you have an older version of acrobat reader – just page down to the correct page number listed in the TOC.)

As with the parts list, this PDF file has a search feature also activated.  Just type in a keyword of interest and it should bring you to the technical tip.

Not all tips will apply to all coaches but, there is so much in common that I suspect all this information in one document will be about as valuable as the PARTS LIST.  I suggest it be downloaded and saved to your computer for review and future reference.  Happy bedtime reading!

thank you for this and all the hard work you put in to get this done

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...