Engine Air Intake Hose

I am looking to replace the air intake hose that comes down from the top rear of my coach to the air cleaner.  Mine has a tear in it that I have patched with duck tape.  I have not measured it yet but I think it's about 6 in in diameter and several feet long.  I was unable to find it in our parts listing on this site and have searched for it at two diesel repair shops with no success.    Can anyone help me find a supplier for this hose?

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

OK, I found a section in our Parts Listing  that gives me 4 sources for intake hoses to my engine air filter.  They have a lot of different types of hoses available.  What I am unsure of is what characteristics to look for in a replacement hose.  If anyone knows which type of hose to use please let me know.

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

Edited by burghere66
New info

I replaced mine last spring before our yearly trek up north plus installed a new air filter at the same time. I also discovered a tear in the side while doing maintenance on the engine.

It was 7 inch RFH Hose and I purchased a 2 foot section from an eBay supplier. Here is the link to the supplier.  https://tinyurl.com/udymz7j

This same supplier has other diameters also on eBay.

I would definitely remove what you have and measure it before ordering to make sure you get the correct diameter and length. The new stuff is quite stiff so I used some Kentucky-windage in my measurement. I didn't have to trim anything off as the ends compressed onto the connections of the air supply duct in the rear cap and the air filter.

The only thing I had to do was to relocate the gas spring location somewhat because that was what caused the tear in the air supply hose originally as it turns out.

9 hours ago, burghere66 said:

I am looking to replace the air intake hose that comes down from the top rear of my coach to the air cleaner.  Mine has a tear in it that I have patched with duck tape.  I have not measured it yet but I think it's about 6 in in diameter and several feet long.  I was unable to find it in our parts listing on this site and have searched for it at two diesel repair shops with no success.    Can anyone help me find a supplier for this hose?

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

OK, I found a section in our Parts Listing  that gives me 4 sources for intake hoses to my engine air filter.  They have a lot of different types of hoses available.  What I am unsure of is what characteristics to look for in a replacement hose.  If anyone knows which type of hose to use please let me know.

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

Gary,

Take a look at the link below for McMaster-Carr. I have ordered lots of stuff from them over the years in small quantities and they do deal with individuals and will take a credit card for payment. I have found them to be a good source for battery terminals and cable when I was making my own cables.

https://www.mcmaster.com/duct-hose

Gary

I replaced all my intake ducting with components from intakehoses.com. on a ISX 525 Cummins in our 07 Executive, AFTER the 5 year warranty.

I did a lot of research and  talked to a lot of knowledgeable people on the subject. That ducting causes air friction due to its construction and bends in it as used in our coaches.  Class 8 trucks do not use it. They ALL use rubber fittings and/or aluminum tubing, which i purchased from intakehoses.com. That is what i converted to, and i will tell you the difference in performance  was great. At that same time, i replaced my muffler with a straight thru resonator from dynaflexproducts.com. They are the largest MFG. of Class 8 truck exhaust components in the U S A.   I also replaced the OEM Air Cleaner with one from AFE, Advanced Flow Engineering out of Ca. The A C is not on their web site . You have to call them.  Overall performance  was great and fuel economy went up 1 MPG "cruising".   Bottom line; More CFM of air to engine, and NO back pressure in the Exhaust.  And NO negative effect on Turbo.  I did all of the above in 7-2011. The photo is of the Aladdin screen during one phase of traveling we did.

I cruise at 60-62 MPH, 1350 RPM.

Paul A

zpfile001.jpg