Level compressor

Brett63

5 hours ago, herbstark said:

Yes, I received information on the location of a resettable fuse in Front Run Bay.  So I removed it from circuit so that the Level compressor would not come on.  I then dumped the air, as it got nearly all the way down, I manually leveled and it has stayed level for several days now with the level compressor disabled.  This indicates that we are not leaking more air at these low levels.  Only seems to require level compressor to run and continue to adjust at high levels.  So I may have a very small leak or not.  I surely have a malfunction in the level compressor circuit.  Been a few quiet nights without that compressor coming on every hour for about 5 minutes or so.

We have basically the same system. My workaround is this....

First....you have a 90 (on) & 120 (off) pressure switch. IF that switch is mounted LOW....as in below the level of the compressor motor, the switch will corrode as there is NO dryer on the circuit. It should  be tethered (zip ties) about the compressor. Mine was broken from day ONE (I am the Original owner). OK....then it worked.

I always used the Auto Level, but then I figured out....it starts from wherever you are and if you don't have enough travel, it takes forever. I usually drop or deflate using the four corners dump. Then I level manually. I rarely use the Auto Level. When I leave it in MANUAL and shut off the Valid system, the MH stays perfectly level. I have a small leak in the system.....and it is weather dependent. If it is cold or in the 50's, it will bleed off the rear first and then the front (braking). However, the MH is fine. I just let it run for a few minutes and everything is OK. 

I had a check valve leaking and had that replaced. The WABCO (dryer) in the rear had two leaks ( Soap test) in it. The kit was expensive....as there is a Front and a Rear section. It was cheaper to buy the whole new unit than pay a truck shop to rebuild mine. They did that and they also checked some of the lines. They do this ALL the time for OTR units. They had to reseat some of the fittings and cleaned up the system. That was about 6 years or more ago....next time they do the oil and such, I will have them do it again....this is an ONGOING problem.

As LONG as my Valid works and I can level....and I have checked (both ways) the ZERO or LEVEL on it....then I will continue to manually level. Sometimes when I really have to "air up", the Aux compressor comes on to help out....so I know it works. BUT, I don't get that annoying tweaking....or middle of the night ON/OFF...

My experiences....others may feel differently...but after 12 years, every little thing ain't gonna be new and I focus on the real issues....like making sure my braking system is in good repair.

• Like 1