Need Advice & Past Experiences w Trailer \ Traveling

Guest Ray Davis

Hey Richard,  I really enjoyed reading your post.   I often don't read all of a long post unless it captures my interest and yours did.   You have had some very interesting      travels, most of us sort of get to travel along when reading about your adventures.   I remember the video of when the moose ran in front of the coach, that was scary.  I'm sure there are more that we haven't heard, so keep it up.

You know what, the trailer doesn't look so huge behind the coach.   Sometimes I see a trailer behind a coach that are so gigantic I wonder how do they get by towing the thing

I met a guy in Quartzite that said he was 80+ ft long and never had a problem.

Don't know where the photo was taken, the scene is beautiful, but you gotta be getting cold in your shorts.

36 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Don't know where the photo was taken, the scene is beautiful, but you gotta be getting cold in your shorts.

I have seen some REALLY long combos in my travels both private and commercial. I remember stopping in a large parking lot somewhere off the I-10 in Texas parked all by ourselves but when we got up the next morning there was a moving company vehicle parked next to me which had to be 10 feet longer than my rig. The truck had the largest SUPER sleeper that I have ever seen while running the roads. It had to be the size of a small travel trailer. Have no idea how long the trailer was but it was longer than the normal ones used for cargo.

That photo was taken on one of our return trips from Alaska to the lower 48. It was somewhere on the Alaskan Highway in Northern British Columbia on a small pull-off where we took a potty break and to let our Golden Retriever out to play in the snow. He had never seen snow before after living his life in southern CA.

After retiring, I vowed to always wear shorts and no long pants after working for 46 years in suits or casual attire. I do have a pair or two of long pants but have only worn them less than a handful of times in the 12 years I've been retired.

Short story in regards to that photo and location. After getting back on the road and still climbing in elevation we passed a salt truck going the other way as the roads were getting somewhat snowy. Well not too far down the road we came across some long horn sheep in the road that were licking up the salt. Then a few miles further we had to come to a complete stop as there were a dozen caribou in the road going to town on the salt. They were not fazed by us for one second or that I needed to continue on my route. So after 5 minutes or so I slowing inched my way toward them and the herd split in two going to the side of the road but as soon as I had passed they immediately went back onto the road to finish what they came to do.