Water pump

powersltc

Okay.   I ordered new pump and 10 amp latching controller.   Start over clean.   Will be heading home on Thursday.  

On 3/7/2021 at 7:55 AM, Dr4Film said:

Haven't heard anything from the OP as to whether he has tested the pump itself with 12 VDC power to make sure it runs.

Also, I always carry a spare Aqua-Jet water pump. When we travel, we seldom use campgrounds or RV Parks on the way to our final destination. So being without water is not an option. It is far cheaper to carry a spare pump than to pay for a nights stay just to have shore water supply.

I ordered a new pump and a 10 amp latching controller.  

Problem now is, I have lost power to source that causes green light in the kitchen when water pump button is pressed.   No power to latching controller. 

When I checked the pump, it did run.

Decided to upgrade,  but don't know where the breaker. fuse, that controls the system. 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:55 AM, Dr4Film said:

Haven't heard anything from the OP as to whether he has tested the pump itself with 12 VDC power to make sure it runs.

Also, I always carry a spare Aqua-Jet water pump. When we travel, we seldom use campgrounds or RV Parks on the way to our final destination. So being without water is not an option. It is far cheaper to carry a spare pump than to pay for a nights stay just to have shore water supply.

I tested the pump and it ran.  Then I stuck a hot wire to the latching controller and poof, no power on none of the three pump buttons and the green light in the galley is out.

47 minutes ago, powersltc said:

Okay.   I ordered new pump and 10 amp latching controller.   Start over clean.   Will be heading home on Thursday.  

I ordered a new pump and a 10 amp latching controller.  

Problem now is, I have lost power to source that causes green light in the kitchen when water pump button is pressed.   No power to latching controller. 

When I checked the pump, it did run.

Decided to upgrade,  but don't know where the breaker. fuse, that controls the system. 

I tested the pump and it ran.  Then I stuck a hot wire to the latching controller and poof, no power on none of the three pump buttons and the green light in the galley is out.

STOP, ISOLATE and TEST again...

First, look CAREFULLY at the circuit that was posted. The circuit uses a GROUNDED signal from each switch to work. Instead of running TWO Wires, when you press or do a momentary contact, then that is the SIGNAL. MAKE sure, and I am not talking down to you, that you understand HOW this whole circuit works before doing any more testing with aux hot leads and such...I would disconnect (mark and photograph the wires) the leads from the pump controller. 

Next or Number ONE, use a fused (10amp) lead and test the pump and controller by itself.  Assuming you are using a MH Hot lead, then just hook this up and try it. You can use a jumper from Ground to toggle or Start/Sop the controller. you may have already done this and I did not pick that up. you will have to run a ground wire to your setup from the MH as well.  See the circuit and duplicate.....

NEXT. Disconnect the pump lead wire from the circuit AT THE PUMP.  you may already have done that. Hook up the PUMP (that is the original wire to the controller) circuit to the MH's Pump Lead on your setup. Use a test light or a VOM and use your setup above to see if you are getting 12 VDC to the pump motor. This should ALSO make the Indicator lights work...  Do NOT use the Switch circuit or wire from the MH.  Just Ground the test lead and make sure that the Pump and Light circuit works. There MAY be a downstream fuse and if it is blown, this will tell you.

NEXT...you can THEN hookup the "Switch" lead from the MH instead of the test or grounding jumper. TEST that with each switch.

That should get you started and help you out...again, you may well be past this point, but this is the typical way to isolate and test and troubleshoot.

2 hours ago, powersltc said:

I think this is over my head. 

I'm  going to remove old pump and latching controller,  then get someone to actually connect the wiring.

Best idea yet ! That said, when the tech arrives, make sure you follow him around and learn from him. Watching someone actually do the fixin often is more educational than someone trying to tell you how to fix it without actually having our hands on it....Dennis