Windshield Wiper

HI Monacoers -

I've got an issue with one of wipers (driver's side).  I had one guy look at it and he said the issue was that the "teeth" connecting the motor to the wiper assembly were worn down.  Anybody ever experience this?  Do I need a new wiper motor?  Blade assembly?  Connectors?

Tks!

Nate Atwood

Monaco Knight 40PDQ

17 minutes ago, Nathan said:

HI Monacoers -

I've got an issue with one of wipers (driver's side).  I had one guy look at it and he said the issue was that the "teeth" connecting the motor to the wiper assembly were worn down.  Anybody ever experience this?  Do I need a new wiper motor?  Blade assembly?  Connectors?

Tks!

Nate Atwood

Monaco Knight 40PDQ

You may need a new link to replace the original link attached with a nut to the "hardened" splined shaft of the wiper motor.

If/when the nut that holds that link it in place loosens... the softer "teeth" in the link connecting the motor to the wiper assembly can "strip out".

However sometimes simply cleaning out the splines, (on the shaft of the motor), and then re-tightening the nut will force new threads into the softer metal link.

2 hours ago, Hypoxia said:

The arm installation instructions on mine are "Torque to 35 FT Lbs. wait 45 minutes and re-torque to 35 FT Lbs."  They are Wiper Technologies arms on mine.

When "replacing the link", (aka: "in new link installations"),  torquing the nut as described forces the "hardened" spline on the motor shaft into the  tapered bore in the "softer" metal  link.

Mel, I know yours is not this model, but I found this recall on my year coach.  Wonder if you had a similar one?  

https://auto-recalls.justia.com/monaco-coach/diplomat/2006/08v070000/index.html

On 2/8/2020 at 6:59 AM, Steven P said:

Mel, I know yours is not this model, but I found this recall on my year coach.  Wonder if you had a similar one?  

https://auto-recalls.justia.com/monaco-coach/diplomat/2006/08v070000/index.html

Will the Late Great Monaco still perform this recall repair?

John V

06 Knight 40DFD

Edited by johncvandoren@gmail.com