camera cable

16 hours ago, ekgflashnet said:

I took a look, and there are four wires coming out of the camera.  I would think 2 are for power (one +, one -).  But, what would the other two wires be?  One should be the shielded video signal itself, but not sure what the other one is.  I did find this panasonic adaptor from s-video to RCA connector.  https://www.tadibrothers.com/products/panasonic-backup-camera-adaptor

This may be useful.  As Ivan mentioned, I would need a modern rear-view camera (probably need a SD resolution).  Eliminate the converter box where the camera currently plugs into and use just the standard RCA connectors using the existing video signal wire.

thanks for the inputs,

steveg 2005 DDIV

That was out of stock and I got the impression not going to be restocked.  I was not convinced that the plug on the Panasonic camera was indeed an S-Video plug, even though it looked like it.  If you are not going to order one in the near future, I will, even though that replacement is lower on my "to-do" list.  

-Rick

I just finished my update on side view and rear view cameras and monitor.  I had quite the time with the side view cameras.  First ones were not side view even though there were advertised that way.  Second time, different company, I got two passenger side cameras, ordered a left side which never showed up, they sent another right side (tadibrothers), then the company went silent for a month, no returned phone calls, no returned emails, nothing (their, tadibrothers, website says "24/7" customer support).  I disputed the charges for tadibrothers, $300.  I then went to Rear View Safety for the side cameras.  Nice metal encased cameras with led's for night vision.  

So after disputing with tadibrothers I heard from them.  If I send their cameras back they'll refund me, (the checks in the mail???) and we can resolve the dispute.  I went a month without hearing from that company even though they advertise 24/7 support, so buyer beware on them.  Just speaking for myself I will never go to tadibrothers for anything.  On the other hand Rear View Safety has been great, great service and a really nice product.

I installed the BOYO monitor, which is much better than the thing I took out.  And a BOYO rear view camera.  I will go with Rear View Safety if I replace the rear camera in the future.

So what did I learn from this?  Cheap is cheap.  First side view cameras were off Amazon, Lookeeloo, or something like that.  False advertised and cheap, so cheap they gave me my money back and told me to keep the cameras.  Anyone want a couple cheap cameras that aren't worth the postage to send them back?  Next up is tadibrothers, who promise 100% satisfaction and 24/7 support.  They send two right side cameras.  A call center that handles their sales answered the phone and I ordered a left side, a right side showed up.  Now I have 3 right side cameras and then I can't get a return email or phone call from customer support or their sales call center, for a month.  Then out of the blue a left side camera shows up.  Too late, already disputed the charges.  They will get all 4 of their cameras back this next week.  So now I go to Rear View Safety for the cameras.  Finally, fantastic company compared to the others.  Got the cameras, a left and a right, and they are so far above the quality of the other stuff.  They were the most expensive, but I was wasting time with the cheap crap.  My simple weekend retro fit for my cameras and monitor turned into a two month ordeal.  There was a slight mix up with Rear View Safety and they made that up by next day FedEx to get my cameras to me.  They couldn't get in touch with me about chrome vs black on the housing color, not their fault, but they paid the freight for the overnight FedEx just to make it right.  Couldn't ask for more.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

• Like 1