FASS system on RR8R Chassis

Cubflyer

On 11/9/2021 at 10:40 AM, cbr046 said:

So that's ~$120 for a manual gauge.  14 psi running . . . is that with FASS or stock lift pump?  Where did you mount the gauge?  Of course, photo would be great. 

- bob

Finally remembered to get some pictures.  Below is a picture of the Fuel Gauge I installed after installing the FASS fuel pump.  Not much good real estate on the dash that's easy to see with the steering wheel down so I put to where I can monitor while driving.

I also included a picture of my Silverleaf Monitor, the display is a Microsoft Go 2 tablet.  The Silvereleaf requires a windows based display.  The tablet is mounted on a pedestal type vehicle mount that I found on Ebay, I fastens to the floor but I but a brace coming off the side console to limit vibration.  Originally I used a Sony Viao laptop but it crapped out so I changed to the tablet.   Tablet works great. 

Fuel gauge and Bluesea switch.jpg

Silverleaf dispaly.jpg

• Like 1

My dash is a different layout (of course), but lots of open real estate above the light switch (left) and backup monitor (right). 

I have a hard time laying on my back getting my arms contorted to get my fat fingers up into the dash . . . . but I might remove the backup monitor to open up the work area, then re-install the monitor.

- bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

My dash is a different layout (of course), but lots of open real estate above the light switch (left) and backup monitor (right). 

I mounted my fuel pressure gauge in the side console..... it's not like I have to see it all the time..... made room for it there when I remade that (broken) plastic panel.  Mounted it back by the parking brake air valve.

• Like 1

I must say even though i have a hole saw that would make a big enough opening for a gauge, i can feel a “pucker” anytime i think about drilling into my dash. When i bought my coach it had 2 position gauge below the dash that was reading from the banks stinger kit, i then removed the banks boost gauge cause it was redundant and i installed the fuel pressure gauge.  I will admit it would look alot cleaner if they were IN the dash rather than ON the dash. 4C7A61C7-F6CC-4B65-BC11-2291417A6F3F.thumb.jpeg.e5e79fa5d06d75cbed387d981bccd1f8.jpeg

Once I figure out what/how I want to do something the Pucker Factor doesn't seem to affect me. 

Back ~20 years ago my BIL bought a brand new center console type boat and wanted to install a fish finder.  I happened to be their.  Initially I thought I was there for moral support but he kept on finding excuses not to drill the first hole.  So he went into the house for the 10th time and I grabbed the drill and dremel and had it done by the time he came back.  You gotta do what you gotta do!

• Haha 3