vacuum destroyed by power surge

Guest tucsonbon

Guest tucsonbon

A power surge took out my transfer switch and some appliances.  Fortunately, the washer/dryer had a surge protector that I replaced.  The vacuum is toast and Monaco doesn't have one and the manufacturer no longer makes RV vacs.  I thought that I found one on Amazon, but, after a month they said that the supplier no longer had them; my money was returned.  Any ideas where I may find one?

Open up the housing and then take it to a vacuum / janitor supply shop.  The motor and fan are common to several units and they can probably match it up with one from another model. 

Might look something like this:  https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/acQAAOSwRrxc~~75/s-l1600.jpg

On 2/9/2020 at 5:39 AM, tucsonbon said:

A power surge took out my transfer switch and some appliances.  Fortunately, the washer/dryer had a surge protector that I replaced.  The vacuum is toast and Monaco doesn't have one and the manufacturer no longer makes RV vacs.  I thought that I found one on Amazon, but, after a month they said that the supplier no longer had them; my money was returned.  Any ideas where I may find one?

I replied a day or so ago but it never posted for whatever reason?? I removed the central vac from my 07 Neptune a few years ago. I think it was the Dirt Devil model. Not sure I ever even used it. It's yours if you want it, just let me know.

Chad

• 1 month later...

I would urge you to invest in one of the Progressive Industries EMS series protection units.  They protect you against any kind of AC problem, not just surges, and have a lifetime warranty!  You will pay around $300, depending on the model.  It's low-cost insurance considering that a serious AC problem could wipe out just about everything in your coach!  JMHO

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!  🙂

Joe

24 minutes ago, MSHappyCampers said:

I would urge you to invest in one of the Progressive Industries EMS series protection units.  They protect you against any kind of AC problem, not just surges, and have a lifetime warranty!  You will pay around $300, depending on the model.  It's low-cost insurance considering that a serious AC problem could wipe out just about everything in your coach!

Kinda surprised that people don't put that on the top of their list for immediate purchase and installation right after purchasing their new or used RV. My Progressive Industries EMS-HW-50C has prevented numerous power problems since 2010 when we first started on our full-time travel. I had a portable TRC SurgeGuard prior to that where we were living full-time in Santa Clarita CA prior to retirement but luckily learned later how superior the PI-EMS unit performed.

• Like 1