Monaco emblems

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have found a source for the front emblem on my 2006 Diplomat. Not exact but works well. For some reason it wont load from my gallery. The guy has polished Aluminum and Stainless steel (to heavy). I installed it with a thin film of clear bathroom calking. $38. He also has the front upper cap emblem the i had to slightly bend to fit for $46.

Edited by Skipper h

1 hour ago, Skipper h said:

I have found a source for the front emblem on my 2006 Diplomat. Not exact but works well. For some reason it wont load from my gallery. The guy has polished Aluminum and Stainless steel (to heavy). I installed it with a thin film of clear bathroom calking. $38. He also has the front upper cap emblem the i had to slightly bend to fit for $46.

Cool!  How do we find him?

E6000 works great. Just a tiny coating on the back of the emblems.  You may think that it is dry by the time you get the emblem coated, but when you apply it to the paint and press hard, it is stuck. Let it cure for a day.  Be sure to use acetone to clean the paint and the back of the emblem before applying.

Do the least noticeable emblem first, to get the hang of it.  If you get too much glue, a bit of the clear glue will ooze out around the edges. It will be hard to notice. And, too much will make it slide down.  Have a few strips of blue painters tape at hand to tape them in place. After 15 minute or so, push down on the emblem again. Normally, you will have a few minutes to push one up or down to get the alignment right, depending on how much glue used. Pull the tape six hours later. After doing one, the rest become easier  

Have fun. New emblems sure make the coach stand out.

• Like 1