Monacoers Daily Digest

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/384-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Fuel prices
John Haggard
Fuel prices
Dr4Film
Main Shut Off Switch
Dr4Film
Tag Axle Pressure Regulator
willbo777
Expanding network to new Garage
hitechpete
jacwjames
Fuel prices
Ivylog
Fuel prices
jacwjames
hitechpete
jacwjames
David Pratt
Main Shut Off Switch
miniedmo
Main Shut Off Switch
Rich Cutler
Main slide
Jonbrooks
Paul Busch
willbo777
Fuel prices
Hypoxia
Fuel prices
Scotty Hutto
Gauge cluster and odometer dead
Zigman64
Chargerman
DavidL
Zigman64
Zigman64
DavidL
Zigman64
DavidL
Fuel prices
Paul A.
Paul A.
Main Shut Off Switch
Paul A.
Gary 05 AMB DST
Going Lithium... Wish me luck...
wamcneil
Injector series 60
georgecederholm
JDCrow
Zigman64
Fuel prices
Skier013
Sagging Roof 2
Scott S
Main Shut Off Switch
Dr4Film
Main Shut Off Switch
miniedmo
Injector series 60
Paul Busch
Highway Hi-fi
Scotty Hutto
Fuel prices
Dennis H
Dennis H

Fuel prices
John Haggard

$2.99, South of Savanah off I 95

Monday 

Fuel prices
Dr4Film

Last Monday after my appointments in Orlando at Josam's and Action Mobile I filled up at the Daytona Beach Sam's Club for $2.57. Every place else it was $2.97.

Main Shut Off Switch
Dr4Film

Anything EXCEPT those made by Marinco BEP or anything that looks like the photo below.

Guest and Blue Sea Battery Shut-Off Switches are both great!

Marinco BEP Switch.jpg

willbo777

My tag regulator is leaking.  Wondering if anyone has discovered a good source for a replacement.  The one listed in the parts list doesn't look like mine.  Thanks in advance.

IMG_0170.jpeg

hitechpete

I assume that you are plugging the PL1200 into one of the Yellow Lan ports?

jacwjames

That is my intent but at this point I am just plugging in a cable with nothing attached and at that point the ASUS1900 looses internet connection with the Mobley.  I can still connect to the ASUS but no internet.  I can connect to the Mobley and have internet.  Until I get this solved I'm at a standstill trying to set up the Netgear PL1200 system. 

Fuel prices
Ivylog

Posted back in December that Diesel would be $3.00 by summer, up from $2.25. Paid $2.79 couple weeks ago on way home in Georgia and it’s still the same. 

Haven’t used a truck stop in 13 years, ever since Pilot bought FlyJ. GasBuddy has saved me Thousands of $s and Sam’s Club usually has the lowest price plus their credit card gives 5% back.
I did get the TSD card but have yet to find it cheaper and no 5% back.

I often fill up in K City or Lincoln NB and Sam’s price is $2.36 and $2.41 plus 12 cents back. TSD is $2.42 and $2.64 plus a couple cents, respectively.

Fuel prices
jacwjames
3 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Posted back in December that Diesel would be $3.00 by summer, up from $2.25. Paid $2.79 couple weeks ago on way home in Georgia and it’s still the same. 

Haven’t used a truck stop in 13 years, ever since Pilot bought FlyJ. GasBuddy has saved me Thousands of $s and Sam’s Club usually has the lowest price plus their credit card gives 5% back.

I often fill up in K City or Lincoln NB and Sam’s price is $2.36 and $2.41 plus 12 cents back. TSD is $2.42 and $2.64 plus a couple cents, respectively.

This is what I've done, use Gas Buddy and plan my fuel stops.  I just checked Gas Buddy and the Sam's close to me has fuel for $2.65, the Walmart near me is the same price $2.65, the large truck stops along I40 near me are at $2.99.  This is pretty typical spread on pricing. 

hitechpete

A network cable should have no effect on the device it’s plugged into as long as the cable is not faulty. Do you have another cat5 or cat6 cable?

jacwjames

I've tried 3 different cables, they were all new. 

I have not resorted to resetting the ASUS yet, that might be my next step. 

I have an older Linksys router that I may try but it does not have a USB to tether to the Mobley, I am looking at buying one. 

Fortunately getting this hooked up is not an emergency but it is definitely frustrating.

David Pratt

The Monaco part number for the tag axle air pressure regulator is 01807886. The vendor part number is  Parker 2617-MRK-5 and the gauge reads 0-160 psi. The old Monaco part number was 01807096, Parker P/N 2617-MRK-3 and the gauge read 0-60psi that was superseded to the new part number in 2005.

Grainger has the correct replacement Parker Regulator, the Grainger P/N 21U810, Parker P/N06R118AC, $82.00 and also a Norgren Regulator, P/N 22ZD19, Norgren P/NR73G-RMG-7419. $74.19. Both are the correct replacements for the Monaco Tag axle Regulator.

Grainger also has a Speedaire replacement for about half price, not recommended.

Main Shut Off Switch
miniedmo

I already ordered the Blue Sea. I seen the one you posted (Dr4film) on amazon and judging by the price, I knew they couldn't be very good.

Thanks!

Main Shut Off Switch
Rich Cutler

I agree, those made by Marinco BEP do not hold up.   I have had to replace them.

Main slide
Jonbrooks

Went to take off this Am and main slide would not respond. Have spent a couple hours tracking voltage. The reset fuse breakers in engine all have 13 volts crossing them. The day before the bedroom slide wouldn't retract and finally herd one of the of those reset breaker fuses was clicking. Replace it and that solved that problem. I don't have 12 volts at the switch for main slide?

Paul Busch

MY GOODNESS!!! I love this site. Where else can you simply ask  a question and people run to your aid. I am going to print and save this one for the future. 
Thanks David for all the detail.

paul

willbo777

Thank you very much David!  I have ordered and will get it tomorrow.

Fuel prices
Hypoxia
2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

TSD is hit & miss since they have been using TA/Pilot.  Sams/Costco are great when you can find them and the challenge of working your way through some of them can be entertaining.  A lot of fuel stations are not designed with a 45' coach in mind.

Fuel prices
Scotty Hutto

Different strokes for different folks...

I've had great success with TSD for a few years now, but then I also plan my stops around fueling at TA or Petro, which currently have the best prices with TSD.  I also like that these are designed for big rigs and primarily on major interstates, so with a toad I can easily get in and out. The downside is the closest TA is about 45 miles from my home base.

I've personally not had good success with Gas Buddy being accurate.  More than once I've gone out of my way to find the price on Gas Buddy being outdated, and higher than what I would have paid had I stayed on my path. (This has primarily happened in Mississippi and Alabama, where we frequently travel.) Gas Buddy relies on crowd sourcing for pricing info, which works great unless no one has been there lately to update prices.

Sam's in the Atlanta area has good prices, usually comparable to what I can find at TA/Petro, but all of the Sam's Clubs / Walmarts / Murphy Oil in my area are difficult to get in and out of pulling a 40' coach with a 20' toad.  I do like that many of the Sam's Clubs / Walmarts / Murphy Oil offer diesel that has lower levels (<5%) or no biofuels.  I wish they were easier to get in and out of, because there's a Sams Club about 2 miles from where I store my coach.

I suspect preferences have a lot to do with where you live, how you travel, the size of your coach, and whether you pull a toad.

The cool thing is that with a little effort, there are lots of options to NOT pay advertised prices for diesel. Like most  things in life, one size rarely fits all...

Zigman64

Picked up my 07 Cayman after having a heater hose burst halfway between the engine and front and now the gauge cluster is dead.   The indicator lights above the gauges work but all the gauges and odometer are dead.   Could it be related to the burst hose somehow?   I’m not a believer in coincidence. 

Chargerman

Yes it could be related. If the hose burst in the bay where the processor is located it may have soaked it or when they snaked in the new hose they could have upset the wiring. The processor is located in the ceiling of one of the basement bays in my Coach

DavidL

Enjoy the free odometer miles 🙂

I assume the gauges work via CAN communications.  ie: digital signal.  only takes one break in the wire for all to go away.  When you turn ignition on...do the gauges make a full check sweep?  Did they ever?  That might give a clue if it's power or ground that is missing.

Zigman64

Update.  I pushed and moved every wire and fuse on all the various fuse boxes.  Now it appears to work all of the sudden. 

Zigman64
12 minutes ago, DavidL said:

Enjoy the free odometer miles 🙂

I assume the gauges work via CAN communications.  ie: digital signal.  only takes one break in the wire for all to go away.  When you turn ignition on...do the gauges make a full check sweep?  Did they ever?  That might give a clue if it's power or ground that is missing.

When I turn the ignition switch the gauges move a little then go to the readings that I think are correct.   When I start the engine all gauges zero and then sweep up to the same readings as before.   Of course the engine related gauges are zero until the engine starts.  

DavidL
17 minutes ago, Zigman64 said:

Update.  I pushed and moved every wire and fuse on all the various fuse boxes.  Now it appears to work all of the sudden. 

Well, I might have recommended to do a little, test, a little more, test again.  To isolate where the issue is (it's still there).

Zigman64

DavidL I’m sure you are absolutely correct.  It’s always disturbing when I don’t know the cause of an issue.   Question:  I presume that the diagnostic port gets information directly from the processor and takes the gauge cluster out of the loop.   Is that correct?

DavidL
7 minutes ago, Zigman64 said:

DavidL I’m sure you are absolutely correct.  It’s always disturbing when I don’t know the cause of an issue.   Question:  I presume that the diagnostic port gets information directly from the processor and takes the gauge cluster out of the loop.   Is that correct?

Yes, the diagnostic port is connected to the CAN network.  All of the CAN connected modules are accessible via the diagnostic port (typically engine ecu and transmission ecu and antilock brake module in an RV.  Cars have tons more).

You can check the diagnostic connector with an ohmeter.  Should have 120ohms resistance between CAN and ground.  Ideally you would have an oscilloscope to see the wave patterns.  Do you have a scan tool?  But generally, if it's running and driving, the CAN is working.  The gauges are likely fed off of a CAN module that then feeds the gauges.  If this module was offline, then engine would still start but gauges wouldn't read values.  I am thinking that's what might have happened to yours.  So, if that is true, then the loose wire would be near the instrument panel.  Did the heater hose get routed behind the dashboard?  Look for abraded wiring.

Fuel prices
Paul A.

During our 10 years full timing i used the following information process for determining the eventual fuel purchase .

Looked at the prospects on google earth, and evaluate the in/out access. Once a location was selected. i CALLD that entity. No surprises.  

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Taking doors off to goto paint shop. PO scraped something. Who knows

9104C861-0853-4558-846D-E8F0A5FDC95E.jpeg

5ABA3F19-4FFD-4F57-A141-4BCA1587391C.jpeg

82CEE425-CBB2-4730-BF89-CD3D48A728FB.jpeg

Paul A.

I would to do a re-weigh of the coach.

Wonder how much it was affecting the ride, etc.

Main Shut Off Switch
Paul A.
3 hours ago, miniedmo said:

I already ordered the Blue Sea. I seen the one you posted (Dr4film) on amazon and judging by the price, I knew they couldn't be very good.

Thanks!

What did you order? ie; which one?

Gary 05 AMB DST

What is CAN communication? 

Gary 05 AMB DST

wamcneil

I guess I should update... In general I'm really liking lithium batteries. But there have been some snags.

As I dug into the batteries I found some serious problems with the construction. And after complaining to Xuba came to find they subcontracted construction to another company who was responsible for the shoddy assembly.  Eventually came to the agreement that Xuba would find another contractor, carefully design a better-engineered 'product' version of the batteries and manufacture replacements. 

So that's where we are now. Xuba appears to be acting in good faith. The replacements should be done with assembly any day now and probably couple-months in shipping before I get them.

Meanwhile, the batteries are working, but some of the connections inside have high resistance, and I'm having to work around limited current in and out of the batteries.  

Hopefully I'll be able to report wonderful customer service at Xuba and eventually getting the batteries of my dreams, but it's still in process at this point.

Cheers,

Walter

Swapping Chassis batteries and inverter compartments
JDCrow

I believe Van has done this and has my wheels turning.

My inverter is alone in the rear compartment, and all the batteries, coach and chassis are in the next compartment up. 

If I move the chassis batteries to where the inverter is, along with any wiring that is needed, it frees up my inverter to hang on the wall and gives me room to expand my coach/house battery bank.

I plan on upgrading the inverter anyway, as this is modified sine, and I wouldn’t mind having some hybrid inverter that can be programmed to charge lithium as I upgrade.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Or has anybody done a similar move of components? 

E486D565-8577-4204-805B-D426380A39FA.jpeg

Injector series 60
georgecederholm
On 4/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, Paul Busch said:

Turns out engine check code was failing injector. Still seems to run pretty good. Any additive I can use to improve? Looks like big job to change myself.

paul

Paul, 

Are you still using the original spec for the secondary fuel filter, 23530707? This is a 9-micron filter and DD changed their spec in the late 2000s for the Series 60 to a tighter filter, 23533726, which I think was 5-micron. I’ve been using a Donaldson cross-reference, P556917, that’s 3-micron ever since I had two injectors fail during a cross-I10 run back in 2011. Gulf Shores to Phoenix smoking like a steam locomotive. This was after I had an injector freeze up back in 2007, sacrificing a rocker arm and flooding the crankcase with diesel fuel. I’ve tightened up all my filters since (primary, secondary, generator, Aqua-hot) while staying within the GPH requirements. 

Years ago I switched to mostly Donaldson filters on the recommendation of Bill D. Like Richard S, I use a compound additive of OptiLube and Biobor JF, also based on recommendations made here over the years.

Keep an eye out for continuing injector issues, and by that I mean a eye on the right rear view. Once they start to go bad, you’ll start seeing smoke, almost like a cracked CAC. When I had to have mine replaced, it was close to the same parts cost for all six in a pack as for the three (two failed and one starting to) I needed, so I had WWWilliams do them all.

https://shop.donaldson.com/store/cartridges/ProductDetails-DCI/?_DARGS=/store/cartridges/ProductDetails-DCI/ProductDetails-DCI.jsp.1#

JDCrow

I’ve had the Alibaba express app on my phone for sometime and looked at the lithium batteries for awhile now. Have always been nervous about pulling the trigger in them based on what you are saying.

A few Chinese based battery companies are now selling on eBay (Chins, Amphere) and have pretty decent reviews, but at $300 or so more per battery than Alibaba.

I am looking into the self heated batteries right now as we get pretty cold in the winter, and I’m nowhere near retirement. 

Thanks for the update 

Zigman64
33 minutes ago, DavidL said:

Yes, the diagnostic port is connected to the CAN network.  All of the CAN connected modules are accessible via the diagnostic port (typically engine ecu and transmission ecu and antilock brake module in an RV.  Cars have tons more).

You can check the diagnostic connector with an ohmeter.  Should have 120ohms resistance between CAN and ground.  Ideally you would have an oscilloscope to see the wave patterns.  Do you have a scan tool?  But generally, if it's running and driving, the CAN is working.  The gauges are likely fed off of a CAN module that then feeds the gauges.  If this module was offline, then engine would still start but gauges wouldn't read values.  I am thinking that's what might have happened to yours.  So, if that is true, then the loose wire would be near the instrument panel.  Did the heater hose get routed behind the dashboard?  Look for abraded wiring.

Thank you for the information.  I’ll check further.  As for the hose, they just ran the hose from the metal pipe back to the engine.   I still have to replace the portion that runs from the heater core to the front part of the metal pipe as well as all the other hoses on the coach while I’m at it

Fuel prices
Skier013

Why is this old post “oct. 2020” coming up? 
just to make us feel bad as the prices are going up?

Seward G

Please consider that lead acid batteries can generate explosive hydrogen gas.  In my coach, the batteries and the inverter are in separate compartments.  The battery compartment is ventilated to outside air.  Probably for this reason.  

Jerry Gilbert

JDCrow

Yeah, part of the reason to goto Lithium, easier to maintain. They would stay in the right compartment in the pic with the inverter.

Something similar to this pic

51CD2527-7A86-4FC0-B360-7F7132C9C09F.jpeg

Sagging Roof 2
Scott S

Chris,

You mentioned upper-end Coburg built coaches with “missing critical support cross members”. Can you please elaborate? With regards to the ceiling/roof construction, how do the Coburg units differ from those built in Indiana? I assume these upper-end coaches have the recessed ceiling area with the drop-down panels.

We have a Coburg built 2006 Patriot Thunder and the weight of the A/C unit and satellite dish has created a depression in the roof resulting in standing water around both. After exploring the ceiling/roof construction in the living room I can understand why, it appears that the recessed ceiling area is significantly under-built.

Scott

Chargerman

Seems like a big job to move them. If you’re just looking for more capacity what about building a shelve/drawer just above the existing batteries 

JDCrow
2 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Seems like a big job to move them. If you’re just looking for more capacity what about building a shelve/drawer just above the existing batteries 

Definitely an option. The one thing that keeps me Moving that direction is that all three walls in the current battery compartment have items screwed to them. I’d be blocking access to them unless I move them and attach them to the new shelf. It’s an option thanks for input. 

Main Shut Off Switch
Dr4Film
1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

What did you order? ie; which one?

Most likely the one that Scotty linked to in his post I would imagine.

Main Shut Off Switch
miniedmo

Yes, the one Scotty shared in his link.

less than battery volts at aladdin and generator
D.Ellison

Hello everyone, new to the board 1st post so here go,s  my aladdin is showing 12.3v on the chassis batteries and 13.8 on the coach the big boy is active and my batteries test 13.8v on coach and chassis , so my question is does anyone know if there is a junction and if there is where is it between the chassis batteries and the  voltage supply for aladdin and the gen start.  I dont have any manuals on this coach , 2007 monaco dynasty squire 4

Injector series 60
Paul Busch

George,

I will order these today and try them. I am here for another week and will make the change. I know I have 10micron on there now. 
thanks Paul

Highway Hi-fi
Scotty Hutto
On 4/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, Steven P said:

@Dennis H @Jonbrooks

Thanks. My inside bar is black metal.  My outside bar has never lighted by design I think.  I'll look into changing one day.  

Nope. The outside grab handle on a Diplomat is not lighted from the factory.  You can put a lighted handle there, and get 12v from the porch light, or any of several sources at the group of switches by the passenger seat...

Fuel prices
Dennis H

@Skier013 No I bumped it up as many travelers are not aware of the TSD benefit. Download their free app, no purchase or card necessary. Then, check fuel prices in your area. It only applies to diesel. We were in Amarillo yesterday and diesel at Sam's Club was $2.71/gallon. I fueled up at the T/A down the road for $2.44/gallon. Pump price at the T/A was $315.9. That's a savings of 71 cents a gallon! and a savings of 27 cents/gallon over Sam's.  No other discount can compare IMO.....Dennis

Dennis H

My biggest concern would be to ensure enough ventilation for the battery bank. But, if you decide on Lithium, that's a mute point....Dennis

Dennis H
2 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

What is CAN communication? 

Gary 05 AMB DST

Gary, it's actually CAN bus. Created by Bosch Electronics originally for Aerospace but now used in most vehicles. CAN stands for Controller Area Network. It's basically a central controller that monitors all of your vehicle's systems and routes the electronics accordingly. There's a more detailed and confusing description available but you get the gist......Dennis

Dennis H

I replaced mine from Grainger. Easy fit. Remember, very SMALL increments to change the tag downward force. The lighter the tag, the lighter the steer axle. Weigh your coach and adjust accordingly......Dennis

HWH Auto Leveling
Dennis H

Thanks Paul, both of you, and Vito. All seems to be working ok now. I purged all the air yesterday and it worked this morning. We're stopped for the day and trust they'll work correctly tomorrow. Problem is we had a family situation and couldn't travel last year so the coach sat for the entire year. Now that we're traveling again the gremlins are showing their displeasure of not being mobile.....Dennis

Dave P

I am dealing with the exact same issue on my 2008 Camelot. I've had it at the shop and it starts working so the shop can never diagnose it. Please keep posting if you find the problem. Also, I had no previous repair when it started, the gauges just locked up and stopped moving. 

JDCrow
25 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

My biggest concern would be to ensure enough ventilation for the battery bank. But, if you decide on Lithium, that's a mute point....Dennis

If I stick with AGM, or Gel for starting then there is no off gassing either? 

Injector series 60
Paul Busch

George, Which optiLube are you using?

Dennis H

If I were installing anything other than Lithium, I'd be concerned with ventilation....but that's just me. My chassis batteries are in the engine compartment with plenty of ventilation. The house batteries are in a separate well ventilated compartment behind the tag axle, away from everything else.....Dennis

Gary 05 AMB DST

Thanks Dennis.

I know that my 05 HR Ambassador and other Monaco/HR from the early 2000's was before CAN bus. I remember on the assembly plant tour in Wakarusa, the wiring assembly area had a life size layout of the motorhome and the workers actually ran wire from the fuse box location to the item/items on the circuit. When everything was done, the wires were bundled and installed in the upper curb side ceiling/wall corner   (so they said) of the motorhome at assembly. I am so thankful that my 05 was   pre-CAN Bus and DEF. I can do wire not electronics.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Chassis battery charging
jimc99999

I have a 1997 Windsor that seems like it may no longer be keeping the chassis batteries charged.

It has a Heliotrope RV-30 solar controller and dual battery charger, but it seems flaky. It often shows battery voltage between 17-38V, and the chassis and house batteries are connected backward (I.e. chassis voltage is from house batteries). 

I think it has a chassis battery trickle charger but it isn't labeled so who maybe it's not (pictured).

A couple months ago, the chassis batteries were too low to start the coach. We were in Crescent City, CA, it had been cloudy for a couple months and the infrequent sunshine was at a very low angle. The batteries were around 12.8V, so I hooked up a battery charger and got them charged up to 13.6V, and they started the coach. I checked a few days before we were leaving there, batteries were still good but we had plenty of sunshine the last couple weeks. 

We've now been in Medford a few days with lots of sun, no shade. I turned on the ignition to adjust the leveling jacks and noticed battery voltage was on the low side; enough to activate the gauges and run the leveling jacks but too low to start the motor. The Heliotrope had the "charged" light lit, so it wasn't charging. I turned on the ignition for about 30 seconds, and the Heliotrope decided to start charging. After 30 minutes of clearing out the cabinet to get a picture of the back of the Heliotrope, and looking again at the electrical items by the motor, the battery voltage at the dash gauge is now where it should be for a charged battery that will start the coach easily.

I'm thinking of replacing the Heliotrope with the Blue Sky Sun Charger 30, and adding a Trik-L-Start charger. But if I already have an apparently non-functioning trickle charger, I guess that should be removed. Anyone know what exactly is this unit?IMG_5452.thumb.jpg.54a5b249d025718326372f1885758c95.jpg

Also, what is the purpose of this device? The power wires come up from both sides of the auxiliary boost relay. The right side power goes to the chassis battery cutoff switch, and the left-side power leads to the house battery cutoff switch.

AIMG_5453.thumb.jpg.8a98926f007d45f88eda0b74d11270e8.jpg

Zigman64

I sure will Gary 05. Thanks to all for responding

Gary 05 AMB DST

Dennis, I'm more confused than before. I'm just going to continue thinking that I have wires not electronics, other than the ECM, Oh and the transmission, Oh and the anti-lock brakes. I have heard horror stories that just simple devices don't work.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Gary 05 AMB DST

The last compartment just has a plastic floor. The battery compartment is constructed to carry the weight'

Gary 05 AMB DST

Chassis battery charging
Gary 05 AMB DST

I would clean all the connections first. It looks very dirty.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Injector series 60
georgecederholm
2 hours ago, Paul Busch said:

George, Which optiLube are you using?

Paul,

I use the OptiLube "Summer" formula. We spend the winters in AZ and really don't travel to cold enough weather to need the "Winter" formula, and I haven't tried any of the other variations.

Onan 12.5kw not priming and quits after start with code 36
Ivan K

This morning our QD 12.5kw HDCAB Onan quit after about 10 minutes. It would always restart for few seconds and quit again. The code tells me that it is likely not getting fuel but what concerns me is that I don't hear the priming sound and the switch is not even flashing when held down. I can imagine that happening with either a plugged filter but even more with a failed lift pump. Now the obvious, I do have 90% full tank, spare filter and tools but the lack of understanding the absence of priming function got me to think whether replacing the filter at a campground even makes sense at this point.  Does anyone know where the usual clicking sound while priming comes from? I think it should be present even with a failed pump if it is a relay? I am researching but maybe someone else already knows first hand what I am looking at? Still looking for a circuit diagram to get an idea. TIA

Chassis battery charging
John Haggard
23 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

I would clean all the connections first. It looks very dirty.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Yes

Clean everything 👌

A spray can of electrical cleaner

Electric motor cleaner.

WD 40 ?

Heart Freedom 2000 Replacement
CRY1942

97 Dynasty has one Transfer Box in lower bay for Shore and Generator transfer and uses "relays" as transfer devices located next to 120VAC breaker panel. The Relay Box serves the purpose of a "standard" transfer box for Inverter Power,  just different I guess.

Main breaker panel and RLY box.jpg

John Haggard
3 hours ago, D.Ellison said:

Hello everyone, new to the board 1st post so here go,s  my aladdin is showing 12.3v on the chassis batteries and 13.8 on the coach the big boy is active and my batteries test 13.8v on coach and chassis , so my question is does anyone know if there is a junction and if there is where is it between the chassis batteries and the  voltage supply for aladdin and the gen start.  I dont have any manuals on this coach , 2007 monaco dynasty squire 4

13.8 with the battery switch OFF

After 20 minutes ???

1999 Monaco Diplomat Ceiling Lights
Cubflyer

My waterproof LED strip light https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075R1S9LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 came in and I modified one of my ceiling light fixtures.  The 16' strip is enough to do 4 of my lights, it takes some soldering ability and basic understanding of DC electricity (Black is positive on my MH, white is negative, red on the lights is positive, black is negative)

I removed all the guts that operated the fluorescent tubes, left the switch that controls the 12vdc, wired it directly to the one end of the LED strip.  Peel and stick the strip around the perimeter of the housing.

See the photos, the LEDs come in "warm white" and "white" These are warm white and in these photos look dim or brown,  but in real life they are only a slightly "softer" white than the original fluorescent lamps.  The green tape is because I had an accident (don't let your screw gun fall over on the lens) with the one lens but DJR1SR Dennis is helping me out with that!

LED strip.jpg

CeilingLT before and after.jpg

CeilingLTpwered up.jpg

ceiling LT with Lens.jpg

Heart Freedom 2000 Replacement
Jim Bob

Charles, frankly the electrical on these things has baffled me and I've never really understood much of it.  That picture looks just like mine, so I don't really know if its a transfer switch, box or a relay.  HaHa.  Also, I think the inverter I put in says its got a transfer switch too.  All I know is when I plug things in... they work.

Injector series 60
Paul Busch

Thank you George

D.Ellison

Just realized tonight that both sets of batteries are charging all the time,,mh  was plugged into shore power and its  not cutting out the  chassis batteries when they are charged like its supposed to 

Aladdin says chassis batts at 12.3.         Big boy selinoid is staying on keeping all batteries tied together 

Equalizing Chassis Batteries
Chuck B

I do not recommend a equalizing charging batteries.  When equalizing the batteries, you put over 14 vdc charge on the battery bank.  If the battery is old, there might be a lot of sedimate in the bottom of the battery that might cause the plates to short together, causing the battery to explode.   Chuck B

Ladder mounts
tcbrow

Some of the ladder mounts on my Diplomat need to be replaced. Does anybody have a source for these?

IMG_20210325_160111313.jpg

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Great delivery today 

416A33AE-FB59-454D-9574-9F2C77C1656A.jpeg

JDCrow
3 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

The last compartment just has a plastic floor. The battery compartment is constructed to carry the weight'

Gary 05 AMB DST

Indeed it is made of plastic, but it is supported. I think it will handle a few batteries? 

4FED0B87-5CFE-474B-828A-D78E8683347C.jpeg

Dennis H

Well the CAN bus is certainly a PITA sometimes. I've been playing with my Mercedes and the CAN doesn't like changing the radio head, it doesn't like LED lights and it gets really POd at me trying to change out the headlamps.....Dennis

Ladder mounts
Gary 05 AMB DST

I've always wondered what is behind the rear cap that they attach to. Is there any way see it?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Former Monaco Service Manager
dougknight86

I recently read somewhere that a former “top” Monaco Service Manager had joined the Canadian RV dealership “Frazerway RV” located in British Columbia.

Should you know the name of this man, I would appreciate it.

Doug

’05 Dynasty w/ ‘14 CR-V

Ladder mounts
millionroy

e trailer, Stromberg Carlson Support Pegs. Mine are just riveted to the cap. 

Roy, 2001 HR Endeavor

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.