'08 Scepter / Camelot front brakes

The axles came as an assembled piece. There should be a metal placard, usually on the passenger rear side of the axle under all the grime with Serial and Customer number on it. You would be able to get individual part numbers from the manufacturer. Thats how I found ours, hopefully your numbers are still there. Possibly on your build sheet as well? I had the serial number but Rockwell needed customer number to get the details. Once I had it, it was matter of minutes for them.

Ivan, axle models are on build sheets, but not brakes.

I was under there today and front axle is Bendix (built in Mehico), but wasn't sure about the brakes. 

After watching some youtube clips, Meritor calipers all seem to have grease zerks, some Bendix models, no zerks.

12 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Ivan, axle models are on build sheets, but not brakes.

Brakes are part of the axle assembly from manufacturer. Installed as a complete piece. Hubs, bearings, seals, adjusters, rotors or drums, pads or shoes can all be identified by manufacturer of the axle if you give them numbers off of the axle. Thats all I am saying because I have done just that to get part numbers for my brakes. 

Ben, here's my invoice. It's from 2015 but the numbers should still apply. We were at a campground in Alabama and received 28" of rain overnight. The calipers had rusted tight, so they had to be replaced. Fortunately my insurance company picked up most of the tab.....Dennis

image_67201025.JPG

11 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Ouch!

You were in water right up to the calipers? 

All the way to the bottom of the bay doors with the coach raised as high as it would go. We would have moved to higher ground but the toad was in front of the coach with water over the brake pedal. No electronics as they're all under the seats. It was totaled.....Dennis

• 1 month later...

Caliper, 2005 Monaco Signature. Haldex 790-94049 , $1016 plus shipping, Find it Parts .com. Same caliper all four positions. Same as Bendix K022919. Rotor, Centric 120.86007, $228, free shipping, Find it Parts.com. Pads, Haldex 790-22012, $128, Find it Parts.com. Adjustment shaft, Haldex 790-94892, $8, Find it Parts.com. When I was in the process of buying my coach the previous owner sent it to his shop for oil change, fuel filters and chassis lube. Mechanic discovered frozen caliper, DS front. The shop charged him over $4000 for the caliper, plus labor. That was in 2017. In 2019 I had to replace PS front caliper. I paid about $1100 for exact same caliper. Free labor, I did it myself. Caliper weighs about 90 lbs. Other than that just common hand tools. Also need tools to remove the wheel. Calipers get water inside and seize up. They can be repaired if not too rough condition. I disassembled my first one, ( the shop gave me the old one ) and found it in rough shape. When I find time I will disassemble the second one and see if I can make one good caliper out of the two, for a spare. I hope this helps someone. Good luck, Mike

• 1 month later...

Cummins chassis inspection and service earlier this week on a new to use 2004 HR Scepter 40PDQ.  I am guessing I have the same front axle assembly. They showed me cracks in the front rotors. Posts are all over the place on replace immediately to not an issue. bendix rotors are $1k each. Centric that you used are $228. Wondering if others have run the Centric long enough to get  any idea of how long they will last?

1 hour ago, ok-rver said:

Cummins chassis inspection and service earlier this week on a new to use 2004 HR Scepter 40PDQ.  I am guessing I have the same front axle assembly. They showed me cracks in the front rotors. Posts are all over the place on replace immediately to not an issue. bendix rotors are $1k each. Centric that you used are $228. Wondering if others have run the Centric long enough to get  any idea of how long they will last?

Not the same part number but I replaced my rear rotor with a NAPA piece a little over 10k miles ago, early last year. No cracks or noticeable wear yet. The rotor was a bit over $300 wit AITA discount. I use the Jake a lot to save them brakes.

45 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Not the same part number but I replaced my rear rotor with a NAPA piece a little over 10k miles ago, early last year.  

I just did an oil change, updated my records, and I put 1,250 mi on my coach in the last 2yrs 😢!