Transmission

19 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

The answer all the question's is yes, when we hook the ignition terminal up it seems to be a dead short

Thanks Wayne 

So those are hard to find.

Hopefully a wire isn't shorting out from back to front.

The process of elimination,  Isolation.

I do have the switch  diagrams but can't find yet 😕

20210425_190401.jpg

Everything is correct at the back as it should be, waiting to hear back from technical support to why there are two labeled duvac,they need to tell us which one should be ignition without sparking like it does when you try to hook it up.all the drawings are correct I think they labeled this alternator wrong and or something wrong with it,going to wait for them to call back then go with their suggestion, may need to be bench tested. 

Thank John 

5 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Everything is correct at the back as it should be, waiting to hear back from technical support to why there are two labeled duvac,they need to tell us which one should be ignition without sparking like it does when you try to hook it up.all the drawings are correct I think they labeled this alternator wrong and or something wrong with it,going to wait for them to call back then go with their suggestion, may need to be bench tested. 

Thank John 

I certainly hope it's that simple 

But if you have tried the wires both ways ?

And the alternator is grounded correctly?

They may need to get you another Alternator 

Pitty 🤫🤔 hopefully not

Good luck. 👍

Thanks for the update 

You know your stuff John,another alternator is on its way,  we have a great relationship with our client's so not a big deal to get things done, they had one left so it will be shipped and in hand tomorrow. 

Thanks again

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

There has been countless discussion on this Forum about replacing the Alternator on our Coaches.

Out of all these discussions it has been documented that the best route to take is to have your OEM Alternator rebuilt unless you can find the exact replacement, The reason is that most RV Alternators, especially on Diesel Pushers are custom built for the RV environment and most "off the shelf" Alternators either are not compatible and they do not work or cause other problems, some serious. Although those "OFF the shelf" Alternators look the same and have the same specs there can be internal changes that are RV specific.

If you still have your OEM alternator I would suggest you get it rebuilt by a reputable shop or find the exact Manufacturer, part number, model number of the Alternator that was on your coach to replace it with..

1 hour ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Your correct, it is the same manufacturer, model, all of the above ,just seems to be an issue with it.I am going to send the old one back to be rebuilt as well.

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Wayne

Are you certain that the original was the original that came with the coach , originally???

I believe so,it looks exactly the same as the ones in all the drawings and everything that I have seen on line for our Rigs, taking the new one back and sending the old one out for a rebuild.at this point not in a hurry to get out with it, was suppose to use it on a project next week but going to stay in a hotel and not rush things, waiting for new Aqua hot motor and fuel coil should arrive next week. The alternator I bet is the original and it is also original Aqua hot motor. My friend owned it for 14 years,he never did any of those repairs. So 14 years and I have owned it for 4 years, so 18 years later starting to do some of those larger items, Rad will be next spring. Thought about a fifth wheel again,  did that a few times, love the Monaco!

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

7 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

I believe so,it looks exactly the same as the ones in all the drawings and everything that I have seen on line for our Rigs, taking the new one back and sending the old one out for a rebuild.at this point not in a hurry to get out with it, was suppose to use it on a project next week but going to stay in a hotel and not rush things, waiting for new Aqua hot motor and fuel coil should arrive next week. The alternator I bet is the original and it is also original Aqua hot motor. My friend owned it for 14 years,he never did any of those repairs. So 14 years and I have owned it for 4 years, so 18 years later starting to do some of those larger items, Rad will be next spring. Thought about a fifth wheel again,  did that a few times, love the Monaco!

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

I well understand 😌

Diesel pushers can eat your bank account. 

If I ever do retire ???

It's a bumper pull trailer for me.

Had 3 airstreams and two D.Ps 

But for now 🤗

Love the Signature more and more. 

New Dometic 4 door fridge 2019.

New aquahot last August 2020

New Michelin tires spring 2020.

Keep on rolling for now.

And

Keeping on farming to keep $$$s flowing