Upgrade from Carefree awnings

We're new (renewed!)  to  the group, we had an '06 Dip. for 5 yrs., then 'without for 5 yrs, now back with an '05 Beaver Patriot 40' w/tag.  We're not happy with the Carefree awnings, especially the window awnings.  Has anyone had experience replacing the originals with new/better awnings?  Thank in advance for any advice you can offer.  Regards, Neil

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend the high-quality acrylic awnings from Stone Vos!  They provided material that perfectly matched the original awnings on our 2002 Windsor!  Great people to deal with!  🙂

Joe

Edited by MSHappyCampers

3 hours ago, MSHappyCampers said:

I highly recommend the high-quality acrylic awnings from Stone Vos!  They provided material that perfectly matched the original awnings on our 2002 Windsor!  Great people to deal with!  🙂

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for the info, more than fabric I need to replace the entire assembly, the original 2005 framework design is terrible, I can't even open or close the window awnings without climbing a stepladder.  I have one where the center strap is wound up internally with the fabric and I can't open it at all!

Guest Cruzbill

Neil, We have a 40' Beaver, a 2005 Patriot Thunder, also w/tag (Lexington floor plan, 3 slides). Carefree window awnings work swell, I wonder what would make them not work. Have Girard main awning and it works well too. Let us know what you find out is the issue with your window awnings. 

Be safe!

I’m not sure what the problems are with the Carefree awnings, but Dr4Film mentioned “Zip Dee” and Joe mentioned “StoneVos”.  I agree with Joe, if it’s only a fabric issue then StoneVos is the best.  But, I would point out that if you go to the Zip  Dee link (for total awning replacements), you will see that Talin RV in Brooksville FL is listed as a dealer and they are a sister company to Stone Vos.  one of our members, Chris T, is associated with both and has a great reputation.  Contacting one or both of those companies might be a great starting point to get solid Information.

I note you’re in NY and there are dealer in your state.

Edited by David White