Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores

I am new to responding to these topics, but am interested in the Intellitec support.  I am having some issues with the up / down buttons that operate the ceiling TV lift. Hope I am doing this right.

Clayton Richardson, 1606 South Montgomery street, Starkville, Ms. 

7 hours ago, Clayton Richardson said:

I am new to responding to these topics, but am interested in the Intellitec support.  I am having some issues with the up / down buttons that operate the ceiling TV lift. Hope I am doing this right.

Clayton Richardson, 1606 South Montgomery street, Starkville, Ms. 

Hi Clayton,

Ours is a little slow to respond too but has always worked after a couple seconds.. I have not dug in to see why, but will do and let you know what I find.

Paul

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Clayton, Ours is a little slow to respond too but has always worked after a couple seconds.. I have not dug in to see why, but will do and let you know what I find. Paul

The later model coaches, 2006 or 2007 and later had a Lift It TV lift.  I think the delay comes from the Lift It control box.  I do not know about the earlier version.  I have had key pads that had dirty contacts which required more pressure pushing on the switch.  On the subject of the Lift It control box, I have had a few times it "froze" and was unresponsive requiring me to manually lower the TV as the control was above the windshield.  I moved it to a different cabinet to allow access.  Normally unplugging the 120VAC line and reconnecting cured it.  That happened with two controllers.

Possibly the delay is due to the distance the signal travels from the front switch to the rear CPU and back to the controller and on to the Lift? :classic_unsure: :classic_biggrin:

I wonder how many folks with multiplexing are aware that many of the 4 button keypads have 6 switches.  Simply replacing the face and buttons with 6 place face & buttons turns it into a 6 button keypad, once programmed.  Availability of parts is the problem.

Edited by Hypoxia

We never raise our TV all the way up into the ceiling. If it gets warm it won’t come down until the AC‘s been on for a while and cools off. I’m assuming it’s a heat related issue. We leave it down about 2 inches and it never fails to operate. But if we put it all the way up and it gets warm it won’t come down until it cools off.

• 5 weeks later...

Paul, please put me down for one as well. I do not have any backups and have a failed switch pod. We typically don't roll through OH to visit M&M so we have had a failed switch pod for several months.

I am also interested in the KingKong CCM (my word for it) for anything to help us with that system.

Brett

BTW, where are you located, we may be rolling by you sometime....lol

Hi Brett,

I am finalizing the instructions and the tools to make removing the keypad covers easier. I want to make it as easy as possible for users.

The kit will allow you to backup and restore your main CPU and your keypads. You will also be able to change which functions are on each key on the keypads, so if you have a spare key position, you can assign a function to it.

Changing the programming within the CPU is not typically possible for end users, but is available from resellers.

The keypads in our coaches were specific to Monaco and are no longer available. Other Intellitec PMC keypads will function, but will look different and may need you to enlarge the hole the keypad is mounted in.

I am located in Woodstock, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta.

We have a trip planned to go to Chicago in late July.

Paul

14 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Brett,

I am finalizing the instructions and the tools to make removing the keypad covers easier. I want to make it as easy as possible for users.

The kit will allow you to backup and restore your main CPU and your keypads. You will also be able to change which functions are on each key on the keypads, so if you have a spare key position, you can assign a function to it.

Changing the programming within the CPU is not typically possible for end users, but is available from resellers.

The keypads in our coaches were specific to Monaco and are no longer available. Other Intellitec PMC keypads will function, but will look different and may need you to enlarge the hole the keypad is mounted in.

I am located in Woodstock, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta.

We have a trip planned to go to Chicago in late July.

Paul

WOW....keep at it. This is great....

To follow up on a previous comment I made.  I replaced all of the 4 button switch pad faces with 6 button faces.  The 4 button switch pads have 6 switches and can be used either way by simply replacing the plastic face.  I had M&M program additional functions on each switch pad.  When Paul is up to speed on his new venture I hope to add more features.

A0B16424-16D7-4794-9DDE-608D3A71AA84.jpeg

Hi Jim,

It was great that you were able to get some of those keypad plastics. They are specific to Monaco and not available from Intellitec any longer.

You will be able to change the functions assigned to each button and add new functions to previously unused buttons.

Paul

On 6/7/2021 at 5:34 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi Jim,

It was great that you were able to get some of those keypad plastics. They are specific to Monaco and not available from Intellitec any longer.

You will be able to change the functions assigned to each button and add new functions to previously unused buttons.

Paul

Paul, have you thought about 3D printing the 6-button covers?  If you do you can put me down for a couple.  I also have a "wide" 6-button panel that's as wide as my 10 button panels; wondering if there are working switches are in the empty positions on those too.

I have looked into it. The black part is a tricky shape to print, but the real challenge is the clear plastic which is what deteriorates more. That would be very difficult to 3D print and be functional.

There are some 10 button panels that only have 6 buttons, plus 4 more inputs from regular switches.

There is a second 6-pin connector on the back of the PCB. Perhaps yours are like that.

Paul

image.jpg