Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/409-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Dash A/C
Steve Hepfer
Dash motherboard
Michelle
Icon on our TripTek display
Florainer
Oil filter guard?
ncsteve
Grampy OG
Oil filter guard?
Zigman64
Oil filter guard?
Scott 61
Small blue tank...
Skipperira
Small blue tank...
Babylon5
Small blue tank...
Testdepth
Water hose replacement
Duanebalogh
Small blue tank...
JDCrow
Dash motherboard
Rick A
Oil filter guard?
96 EVO
Florainer
Oil filter guard?
Gary 05 AMB DST
Oil filter guard?
PeterSchweizer
Oil filter guard?
ncsteve
New Life to a 2001 Monaco Dynasty
Texas RV Flooring & Design
vito.a
JDCrow
Water hose replacement
Paul A.
Babylon5
Dash motherboard
jfbolkovatz
jfbolkovatz
Water hose replacement
Duanebalogh
Oil change interval
Florainer
Small blue tank...
Mel S - '96 Safari
Oil change interval
John Haggard
John Haggard
Oil change interval
rpasetto
2005 HondA CRV TOAD
Scotty Hutto
Steering issue
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
2005 HondA CRV TOAD
ronspradley
Oil change interval
allphase8
Oil change interval
Chuck B
Small blue tank...
Skipperira
Steering issue
jacwjames
Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
ncsteve

Request information on this lift pump (I want to install a pressure gauge).
Robert92867

I would like more detail please.  Especially on the gauge installation.  Did you dash mount it?

California Will Now be Off My List of States to Visit
blahargoue

Just a reminder for those folks that may have missed a post or two:  California has removed out of state motor motorhomes from the proposed emissions inspection regulations.  The original topic of this thread is no longer relevant.

Bruce LaHargoue.

Dash A/C
Steve Hepfer

I took the drain tube off but didn't find any blockage. I will keep the dash air off going to our next stop and see if it stays dry. Then run the dash air again the following stop and check it again

Dash motherboard
Michelle

We have a 2008 Monaco Diplomat SKQ we are getting ready. Being super newbie we left the batteries hooked up and they died. Had them charged but when we crank it the dashboard lights are putt on and show. Things are flashing all over. We unhooked try to reset but nothing. This was not happening until the battery issue. Anyone know how to fix it? Coach runs no other issue just a dozen light putting on a show 

Florainer

Thanks for this helpful info! Since I hadn't made any entries on the Maintenance Setup Screen I hadn't expected any notifications of maintenance items being due. And I don't see in my owner's manual where it says about notifications appearing outside of the Maintenance Screen. So now I know! And hopefully this will help other TripTek users as well. Thanks again!

Oil filter guard?
ncsteve

Just checking to if this is standard equipment or something that was added? My Windsor I had didn’t have it. Oil change place had not seen one and of course they would not remove it. Went to a friends shop in town and took me all of 2 minutes to remove it. Just has me curious. Thanks, Steve

DB6F7938-077A-4554-BB7D-B51D9582E6E5.thumb.jpeg.ca1b8cb204c35ce276f683b5cf4d2eb4.jpeg

E075ABBF-FBDB-48A4-A173-A3DD01585AC5.thumb.jpeg.d2824a3e7627549e1b694dc42a4618f6.jpeg

Grampy OG

I am pretty sure I have the same setup (trip-tek-panasonic). How does one get to the maintenance menu. I can't remember ever seeing it. I have had a generic WARNING light glowing on my dash for 3 years that apparently only tells you that you have a fluid level out of spec somewhere on the coach (lame). I have been chasing it for 3 years and a couple of stops at diesel shops but there don't appear to be any levels out of spec. I suspect a bad sensor but the heck know which one of the many many sensors it could be. I was thinking maybe the trip-tek will shed some light. 

Thanks,

Ken Wilcox

Oil filter guard?
Zigman64

I’m not sure if it’s standard on all.  I have one on my 07 Cayman XL.   

scottjo02

My 02 Knight has the 300 hp ISB engine and the lift pump may be different from yours. The photo shows my lift pump from the bottom view. Following a failure of my main fuel injection pump at 100K miles, I realized how important sufficient lift pump pressure is. So I installed a simple red led warning lignt on the dash. It is accuated by a pressure switch on a fitting on top of the second fuel filter inlet, shown if the second photo. With this system the red light is off as long as the lift pump pressure is above 5 psi. Since that install, it has warned me of lift pump failure at 113k miles and 136k miles so I am now on my third lift pump. If I buy the pump at best price on the internet and install it myself it is not a big problem. 

Scott Jordan

20190328_131555.jpg

20210501_080521.jpg

Broken DS lower fixed window need to replace
Tom Cherry
On 4/29/2021 at 5:37 PM, Steve Lange said:

WOW. Mine is not nearly that complex.

IMG_20210429_170819232_HDR (1).jpg

I would NOT simplify it. It IS more complex than you think. I assume that the panel that is crazed and removed is a SLIDING Panel for tolls and such. Windows with a sliding panel are NOT THE EASIEST TO REBUILD. Atwood had two techs that had been doing at least 5 windows per day for several years had to work on mine for about 3 - 4 hours. THE issue is that the window has "been bent" during assembly. The Tech (P. J. McCants whom Chris Thorgmartin used as a resource and was an Ex Monaco ELkhart Assembly and Painting Supervisor) said that my WIndow WOULD be partially damaged upon removal. Monaco sort of "Cut AT the openings and had lousy templates. He was correct. One corner of the body had not been cut out enough. But brute strength and and large rubber mallets were used during Assembly. 

He finally had to pry mine out. It was as wide as yours, but taller. Atwood had to do some "hammer adjusting" to get the frame apart and to fit the new glass. PJ also did some cutting and grinding so that it would not need brute force to put back in.

With a Sliding Glass, it HAS to work or slide after the new glass is installed and MUST be tested prior to installation.  The TWO panes and one of them being a slider makes the assembly more difficult. They took mine apart about 3 times and did some "adjusting" or repositioning of the panes so that the screws lined up at the end and the sliding pane worked. 

You also need to note HOW the window was installed. The Window is put in first....then the Dash goes in. Monaco allowed very little room for accessing the interior screws that held in the interior frame. They had to use a special set of bits mounted in a very thin 1/4" ratchet to get the two lower ones in the picture.

I THINK I could have gotten it out myself, but it would have been a PITA. They worked for about 15 minutes (in and out) on just that lower corner.

If your window is above the dash and you can see all the interior screws....you are in much better shape. 

BUT, due to the size and the sliding pane, I would be cautious as to WHO took apart the window and did the reassembly. IF brute force is used or if the frame is not quite aligned and THEN they put in the screws and say "this will work and the frame will pull itself into place"....stand back and pray. Even Atwood has cracked or lost a pane and then it is a 4 week turnaround.

PERSONALLY....I would have Duncan/Lippert do the entire job. Either drive to Elkhart or ship the window there. You would have a local shop remove the window. You would PREORDER and have the new panes at Elkhart (or they might have another location). When they get in the new panes, they measure and inspect...

Then you crate up your old window and ship it to them. Then they do the install and ship back to you.

IF you have a good glass shop and they have done this before, then that would be great. This should NOT be a "Gee, I can do this....but this is my first job" approach as the sliding window complicates it.

Just some advice from a person that does almost ALL my own work and also went through getting a new window installed.

Maybe I am too conservative....but I now have the SAME tint and logo and such on the entire window...

Good Luck...

Outside.jpg

Dash Detail closeup.jpg

Oil filter guard?
Scott 61

Monaco put those on the rear radiator models to keep rocks and debris out of the rear radiator

Dash AC blows cold,then warm,then cold when switched to max
Rikadoo

Good morning everyone, having some knowelge of ac i will add my 2cents. When faced with a ac issue1st thing is to verify it is an how often it happens, the very next thing is to connect gauges an monitor pressures then set the vehicle conditions that were similar to when it failed. 
As for failure after 30 minutes my texting diagnosis will say, 1st moisture within the system, if there has been some type of recient “repair” like the system had been opened for what ever reason and either no one used a vacume pump, or had not had one on long enough. Explanation: the reciever drier is there to collect moisture by using desicant inside it, once that amount has been reached if there is one more drop that comes into the desicant it will realease one drop, that drop travels down the line to the pressure restriciting valve “either expansion type, or H type” once there the drop of moisture can actually freeze an block the flow of freon causing the system to get warm, once melted the system will resume normal operation UNTILL that repeates. I used to see that alot with truckers who had (emergency) repairs an the tech didnt vacum the system long enough.

2nd again watching the pressures when the issue develops, If while running the high side starts to climb once the pressure gets to 325psi the limit switch shuts off the compressor, THEN once the pressure returns to safe operating pressures the compressor will be allowed to cycle, then the whole system repeats the process. Explanation: Some times condencer fans when they fail just dont quit, some time just get slower an slower before they no longer function, so that would be seen by watching the high side pressures, now even if its a type that the engine fan that is used to pull air over the condencer (gas rig) then you can have a fan clutch starting to fail... again some times things just dont fail immediately.
An lastly but always a goodie a failing cycling switch, there band of operating pressures can change causing short cycling were the compressor is not allowed to build the required pressures to cool...OR what i found more often was the PLUG that connects to the pressure switch (found on ford F-650 several times) sucumbs to the vibration and the terminils where they make there connection will open an cause the compressor to just turn off untill they cool of an make another connection to turn the compressor back on...

As with anything its all about the diagnosis which makes the failure happen to ensure a quality repair.

Small blue tank...
Skipperira

Hello,

Nosing around in the pass thru...2006 dynasty I see a tank mounted below the water pump and cannot figure what it’s purpose is.

Any advice and does it require any servicing?

Thank you

Small blue tank...
Babylon5

It's called an accumulator. It's a tank that fills with water under pressure, and that water pressurizes a gas or a spring, and this pushes back on the water in your system so your pump doesn't have to.

Most systems (when on and not connected to city water) detect a lower water pressure, which causes the pump to turn on and re-establish the higher pressure. Once the pump has gone over the threshold of highest pressure, it turns off. Behind the scenes, the pressurization process pushes water into the accumulator, compressing the gas inside -- remember that liquids (generally) are incompressible, so the pressure goes into the accumulator until it is also pressurized, and at that point the threshold is reached and pump turns off.

When you need just a little water, the accumulator provides the pressure to push the water in the pipes to your faucet. When the accumulator is emptied, then once again the pressure falls enough to signal the pump to start again.

That's what an accumulator does.Here's a cool article that talks about how accumulators work in hydraulics, but achieves the same thing.

David

Small blue tank...
Testdepth

If one end is hooked to the water system and the other end has a valve cap identical to a tire, it is your accumulator tank which maintains water pressure and keeps your water pump from cycling so much.

Water hose replacement
Duanebalogh

We have a 2006 monaco executive and bought a new water hose and trying to replace the old one but it looks like you have to take the whole reel off. Is there a way to just unscrew the old and put the new one on. Thanks

Small blue tank...
JDCrow

Like a pressure tank on a well? 

Dash motherboard
Rick A

Did the engine start up? 
Lots of things going on until it starts. Air pressure, jack, slide warnings. Multiple issues until the engine actually starts. 

Oil filter guard?
96 EVO
1 hour ago, Scott 61 said:

Monaco put those on the rear radiator models to keep rocks and debris out of the rear radiator

This sounds more likely.

Where Cummins mounts their oil filters, little chance of being struck by something.

Florainer

If you do an internet search for TripTek manual, you'll find complete copies of the manual available online. The manual includes info about how to get to, and setup the Maintenance and Maintenance Setup screens. Plus you'll find the rest of the info about what and how the TripTek system works.

Oil filter guard?
Gary 05 AMB DST

Steve, The oil change techs hate those shields. After one change, years ago, the tech just pulled it down and bent it. Didn't know till after. What I did was remove it and put hinges on that section of the shield below the filter. They just have to remove the one bolt and the shield goes down to give them access. I have received many compliments since then on how easy it made their job.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Oil filter guard?
PeterSchweizer

My 04 cayman has a large one that covers from Radiator fwd to end of oil pan and is about 3 ft + wide. Lit has 4 easily accessible nuts on studs that are welded onto the coaches frame. Like yours it takes only a few minutes to remove. No shop has ever charged me extra to remove it. Down side is it protects the fuel filters too so it's not easy to drain fuel/water separator, but can be done without removing cage.

Oil filter guard?
ncsteve

Thanks everyone! Makes a Lot of sense now. I will probably just remove before I go next time. Keep everyone happy.

Monaco Dynasty in for New Flooring.  We installed Bella Cera Acacia hardwood throughout coach.  Check out the before and after photos. 

IMG_1716.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1797.jpeg

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

IMG_1794.jpeg

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1795.jpeg

IMG_1785.jpeg

vito.a

Brent, that is one of the nicest flooring installs I've seen.  Looks fantastic!

How long di you need the coach for that install?

JDCrow

Very nice! How hard were the plumbing chases to build out? We are making ours out of 1/4 plastic for ease of use. If the wife wants to add the plank to them latter 

Again, super clean work. 

Water hose replacement
Paul A.
1 hour ago, Duanebalogh said:

We have a 2006 monaco executive and bought a new water hose and trying to replace the old one but it looks like you have to take the whole reel off. Is there a way to just unscrew the old and put the new one on. Thanks

Down load a manual for your reel on line. It will provide instructions for that task.

Babylon5

Gorgeous!

What was the price range for that work?

Dash motherboard
jfbolkovatz

Michelle,

Did you have the batteries removed to charge them? If so I would check for correct battery installation 2bats in series and both of the sets in parallel.

jfbolkovatz

Exceptional quality work and finished product.2 questions: 1. where did the floor flap on the parlor slide disappear to?

2. Total time to complete the work?

Wife and I are interested.

JoeB 03 Exec PBDD

Water hose replacement
Duanebalogh

Thank you

Oil change interval
Florainer

The manual for our ISL 400 engine says, for a recreational vehicle, the oil drain interval is 18,000 miles, or 500 hours, or 12 months. We drive our motorhome far fewer than 18,000 miles or 500 hours a year, so it seems the number of months is the controlling parameter. However this time specification may expect that the engine is being used continually during those months. But our motorhome sits in storage for six months a year. So does time not being run count the same as time running? Is the oil drain interval the same for an engine that sits idle half the time? What engine oil change interval would the readers of this forum recommend for a rig that has this (common, I would think) situation, and why? Thank you very much for your help!

Small blue tank...
Mel S - '96 Safari
1 hour ago, JDCrow said:

Like a pressure tank on a well? 

Exactly 👍

Robert U

The old adage stands. Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles YOU.

The lift pump only runs for about 30 to 45 seconds then shuts down until the next time you cycle the ignition switch.

Bob U  2000 Dip with 127,000 miles

Oil change interval
John Haggard

Annually 

Sitting is tough on oil and moisture contamination accumulated potential. 

Personally 

Regardless of millage and sitting time

Tractors, trucks, rv's 

Annually is my practice 

Oil and filters are very cheap.

John Haggard
1 hour ago, vito.a said:

Brent, that is one of the nicest flooring installs I've seen.  Looks fantastic!

How long di you need the coach for that install?

100 percent Agree 👍

John

Oil change interval
rpasetto

It's a good idea to run the coach, genset, furnace monthly if that's possible.  It certainly won't hurt to change oil more frequently.  If you are concerned about the condition of the oil, getting an oil analysis is a good idea.  I've been using Blackstone for many years; there are others too.   I generally send in a sample for analysis each year before the oil change.  Sometimes Blackstone will tell me the oil is good for more, but I change it anyway.

2005 HondA CRV TOAD
Scotty Hutto

I recently saw someone looking for a toad.  Saw this today and thought I’d share…

078ED7F1-6FA2-42F1-9940-6F0909DB3E47.thumb.jpeg.c516d9f09b550b8ce2e469e029f093a0.jpeg

Steering issue
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

Went back out and took another pic of the pitman arm attached to the steering box. Not a good edge to see the attachment but hopefully someone can tell how it is attached.

image.jpeg

Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores
Scott S

This is great Paul!! Please put me on the list.

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Finally got to the couch today. Not a bad couch, it’s tri-fold for if guests show up. I had to modify the bottom as our slides are shallow. Took off the 2 cross braces and added a piece of 3/4 plywood. Used the bolts that held the seat belts 

10DCC991-82CE-4EEB-B44C-B2A87487390E.jpeg

A71C3A78-2E19-427F-ACBC-89E19831472D.jpeg

72980B62-59CD-4554-88D5-3270FEDC4E1B.jpeg

135FF1E8-A109-429C-B511-2C93026A1125.jpeg

F6F4B679-B07E-4266-BFC2-E00BD15A7DB5.jpeg

California Will Now be Off My List of States to Visit
dl_racing427
On 3/11/2021 at 3:08 PM, rpasetto said:

Dennis, I agree with you 100% on following traffic laws like speed limits, weight limitations etc.   I was not referring to taking big vehicles on switchback roads clearly marked, but rather on CA roads where commonly commercial 45' buses and other vehicles drove, but 40+ MH's were technically restricted.  I've heard of RVers getting summonses back in the day but it was on rare occasions.

However if you re-read my original post on Tuesday 12:45 I referred to 2000's restrictions on 40'+ MH's and other private vehicles, while not restricting the commercial ones.  (CA did this while collecting the sales taxes on these private vehicles, sold in some cases from dealer lots right on these roads.)  In that post, I didn't bring up traffic laws such as weight limits on bridges or speed limits however may have later reacted to what others had said.

Not trying to start an argument or lead the thread off topic but evidently I did.  My original intent was to point out how CA was restricting use of 40+' MH's on certain roads, while collecting sales taxes from many buyers both in and out of state, while allowing 45' commercial buses on same roads.  I don't know if they do the same as they did 20 years ago.

Commercial vehicles and RV's are subject to different rules.
In MOST cases, RV rules are less restrictive than those pertaining to commercial vehicles, but this appears to be a rare exception.
I suspect it has to do with commercial vehicles being driven by "professional" drivers, where many RV's are driven by older people, who may not have the vision or skills to safely handle those vehicles in tight spaces.

I've driven my coach and 102" wide trailer through construction zones with 10' between barricades, and I know I'm nowhere near as comfortable doing so as the truckers who drive their rigs a half million miles a year or more.

2005 HondA CRV TOAD
ronspradley

One of my toads is a 2006 Honda CRV AWD.  2005 and 2006 upgraded to 2.4 motor and 5 speed automatic.  2007 is first year spare tire was moved from back door to under.  And first year back door was hinged on top instead of side.  Love mine. 

Oil change interval
allphase8

I send an old sample to an outside testing service and go on their recommendation.  I get about 2 years between service based on test results.  Have been doing this since all my warranties expired.

Ron 

2006 Camelot 145000 miles give or take.

Robert92867

Scottjo02. That is exactly the same as mine.  Thank you.  I didn't realize the lift pump doesn't power continuously during engine operation.

Oil change interval
Chuck B

The ole saying goes, "if you do not use it, you loose it" .  Acidity can build up in oil that can cause damage to the engine.  On the chassis, rubber air bags, tires, can begin to dry rot.  The transmission clutches will get exercised too. Exercising rubber components keep them from dry rotting.  I recommend a 100 mile trip once a month.  Check into a RV park overnight to exercise the house components.   At least the trip will get you out of the house.  That way when you take a trip, you will make it past the first 100 miles and the first nights stay.

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Small blue tank...
Skipperira

Thanks guys, that settles it

Steering issue
jacwjames

Larry,

In a previous post I attached a Service Manual for the Sheppard M100.

On page 41 it explains how to remove the pitman, There is a cap that has tabs that prevent it from coming out, have to bend the tabs up and then it takes a special tool to pull the retainer.  It will be very tight, I believe it specs 350 ft-lbs when reassembling. 

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Thought I would share the out come of the Aqua hot trouble shooting escapade!

Thought I better document this for future reference hopefully it may help someone else out.

Started off with no power getting to the unit, opened the front drivers side panel outside and checked 12 volt fuse aqua hot, good, took the cover off the Aqua hot and the ignition fuse far right 10 amp,blown! , tried it again and blew again, Ivan mentioned to test power at the plug C5 and C8 and we had power (electronic control unit) took complete unit out and the fuel solenoid 12volt wires were broken away from the plastic and you could see inside the solenoid, ordered a new one and a new burner motor,it was the original motor (Black) new ones are silver, Put the new parts in , new fuse turned it on and nothing. Started process off elimination,  unplugged motor ,unplugged coil and turned it on ,fuse was good, plugged in coil turned it on and blew the fuse, the wire under the coil must be original as well and was broken/cracked, fixed it up hopefully it will last for a few more years. 

Aqua hot running great, all zones working.

I do have a question in regards to the front thermostat,  at times it will power up other times just stubborn, I have a newer one 5 button that I put on the phone cable and it will say err and then put the old one back on and way we go, seems like the signal is weak or what ?

Any help be appreciated, I have read so many threads on this all over the internet not sure what to believe at this point.

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

ncsteve

That is beautiful!!  Your work is second to none!!  New flooring is my next mod. I just wish I was able to afford to drop it off and pick it up. 

Aqua Hot
John Haggard

Annual inspection 

Annual service is so critical 

Getting on Roger's forum is a great learning experience 👌

Roger Burk hydrohot 

Over the past 15 years I have sent him my burner for a complete tear down and re build Two times 

When I purchased my coach with 50,000 miles it was lacking in professional maintenance 😒

Like my spare rebuilt Alternator 

I carry a spare neweley rebuilt burner and silver box.

Enjoy your aquahot and I'm so glad you got it going.

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Thanks John

Aqua Hot
Timaz996
29 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Thanks John

On your new thermostat did you reset it after plugging in the phone cable? You do that by Plugging it in, Turn it off, Push in the top and bottom buttons at the same time and turning it on while holding the two buttons in and then release the buttons. You should see FF in the screen. Then just turn on the mode you want.

Tim

Why does this site set all categories to FOLLOW?
Babylon5

All categories in my profile are set to FOLLOW. Why is that?

Shouldn't a user set which topics or categories they want as opt-in, instead of having to opt-out ever single one?

Did I do something to cause this?

David

Oil change interval
Dr4Film

I always have the oil changed at least once every 12 months, usually a few months prior to leaving our winter home and getting on the road. Normally we would put about 3000 miles or so in the next 6 months unless we do a major trip which could be 6000-15000 miles on those types of trips.

I just bite the bullet and have it changed versus sending in a sample to see what the condition is.

Aqua Hot
Dr4Film

Regarding the CCC Thermostat, I would clean up all of the contacts with contact cleaner and possibly change out the RJ-11 connectors on each end of the data cables with new ones.

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Thanks Richard 

Will try that tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

On your new thermostat did you reset it after plugging in the phone cable? You do that by Plugging it in, Turn it off, Push in the top and bottom buttons at the same time and turning it on while holding the two buttons in and then release the buttons. You should see FF in the screen. Then just turn on the mode you want.

Tim

Yes I did try that in the past, just not getting power to the thermostat at times

Thanks

Wayne 

Aqua Hot
Megame

Not quite on topic, but what did your new burner motor cost?

Roof separation
BobSchmeck

2001 Monaco Diplomat. Rivets are failing where the roof meets the sidewall. Looking for suggestions on how to fix the problems.  I don't know the length of the rivets that were used. Tried 1 1/2 in long self-tapping screws which don't seem to tap into the frame. Called Monaco, no help there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

20210501_150533.jpg

20210501_150655.jpg

Thank you all very much!   This coach took 2 weeks to complete.   

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

$ 700.00 cnd for the motor, and $ 400.00 cnd for the solenoid included  2 shipping right to the house.

Small blue tank...
Donflem

I am replacing mine tomorrow should be easy to do.

Aqua Hot
Megame

Wayne, thanks for your reply.  Can these motors be rebuilt?  It sounds like a bearing is going on mine.  And could you give me the name and address of your supplier for the motor as well please!

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Just now, Megame said:

Wayne, thanks for your reply.  Can these motors be rebuilt?  It sounds like a bearing is going on mine.  And could you give me the name and address of your supplier for the motor as well please!

The one I pulled out was a Bosch, the new one had a German name on it, never thought to write it down. I don't believe so but again never thought to ask him.

Supplier- Alberta Coach and Chassis Ltd, Steve Horseman , 780 998 2736, first time dealing with him, seemed very knowledgeable, 20 years of servicing. It was cheaper quicker then Aqua hot tthemselves (USA)

Wayne 

Just now, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

The one I pulled out was a Bosch, the new one had a German name on it, never thought to write it down. I don't believe so but again never thought to ask him.

Supplier- Alberta Coach and Chassis Ltd, Steve Horseman , 780 998 2736, first time dealing with him, seemed very knowledgeable, 20 years of servicing. It was cheaper quicker then Aqua hot tthemselves (USA)

Wayne 

Hulsemann , phone with auto correct! Never thought to ask about a rebuild 

Aqua Hot
Megame

Thanks Wayne, much appreciated.  I am in Ontario, but now have a contact in Canada.  That helps!  Stay safe!

Roof separation
Gary M

Talk to Talin RV Chris Throgmartin.

352-942-2653

Roof separation
BobSchmeck

Will give them a call.  Thank you.

I forgot to mention that we are in the  Phoenix Arizona area.

Oil change interval
Ivylog

A $25 oil sample will give you better advice than what some are giving you. I take a sample at 15K miles and based on the good results , change at 20K...every 2-3 years. When I shut the engine off, it doesn’t get restarted until the next trip... could be 4+ months.

Started oil sampling 50 years ago when Cat recommended 100 hour oil changes ... went to 250 hours as that was easier to keep track of as the oil was still OK.

Roof separation
Gary M
33 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Will give them a call.  Thank you.

I forgot to mention that we are in the  Phoenix Arizona area.

Im in Oregon and he walked me thru what I needed to do on mine.

I had to remove the clip in moulding to expose the track. Then he recommended stainless steel screws to reattach track by putting in new screws about an inch or two from the existing rivets. There is metal square tubing along the beltline.

Roof separation
Gary 05 AMB DST

I had that problem on my 05. If they used rivets, they are riveting the two fiberglass panels. There is no metal structure at that point. Those are probably aluminum rivets I couldn't see where this is happening. On mine it was the front assembly.

Gary 2005 AMB DST

Oil change interval
John Haggard
6 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

A $25 oil sample will give you better advice than what some are giving you. I take a sample at 15K miles and based on the good results , change at 20K...every 2-3 years. When I shut the engine off, it doesn’t get restarted until the next trip... could be 4+ months.

Started oil sampling 50 years ago when Cat recommended 100 hour oil changes ... went to 250 hours as that was easier to keep track of as the oil was still OK.

I agree with Richard 100 percent 👍

But thats personal choise that's workd for us.

We have run semis and farm, construction equipment since the 50s, we have never blown, nor had to rebuild a diesel nor a gas engine on any truck, tractor, skid loader or RV.

we have ( Never Ever ) done an oil analysis. 

There are several ways to skin a squirrel 

And no

100 percent ( only ) correct way

I see no advice above thats harmful nor incorrect,  damaging. 

Roof separation
BobSchmeck

Thanks for the reply.  It's coming apart right behind the big slide awning & right in front of the back slide awning.  Yes aluminum rivets. I can't believe that there's no prints on how the side & roof framing is made.  

Oil filter guard?
Terry T

Gary,

any pics of the trap door?

Your idea sounds good enough to borrow...

Terry

Roof separation
Howard

If yours has the aluminum roof, you should use aluminum rivets to reattach it. Steel screws or steel rivets can cause a chemical reaction with aluminum and cause the aluminum to corrode, and erode away. You might use a little larger rivet in the same home, or drill new holes close to the old ones.

Roof separation
Gary M

Howard is correct. But I would still talk to Talin RV.

Small blue tank...
StephenW

The pressure tank can  be checked by turning off the water pump and opening a faucet to relieve the pressure in the water system and using the tire valve on the end of the tank and using a pressure gauge to check the tank pressure.  The air pressure should be below the cut-in pressure of the water pump, which is 25psi.  Usually the air pressure should be between 18 to 22psi.   It's best to use a gauge that has a low range to get an accurate air pressure.  Be very careful using compressed air as over pressurizing the tank could damage the bladder inside.  In my working years I would use a manual type bicycle pump to fill the low pressure tanks.   If you can't get the tank to hold air pressure you most likely have a damaged bladder and need to replace the tank.  Good luck.

Stephen W    2001   Dynasty

Roof separation
BobSchmeck

Howard

Thanks for mentioning that, yes I have read that but I did not put 2 + 2 together. I was thinking stainless steel screws. Would that have the same affect as just plain steel screws?  Will be calling Talin on Monday to see what I can learn. 

Yes I have an aluminum roof. 

Thanks for the input.  

JDCrow

Replaced  a sconce after work

058F6FA7-7590-4CFE-B358-D52CF6908DB0.jpeg

CC276600-B274-441D-B144-086DFA4886AB.jpeg

FuzzyD

Where did you you get the sconces from?

JDCrow
56 minutes ago, FuzzyD said:

Where did you you get the sconces from?

From Recpro. They specialize in RV remodels 

https://www.recpro.com/rv-dinette-led-light-brushed-nickel-12v/

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.