Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/410-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Oil change interval
Ivylog
Steering issue
Bob Nodine
Replaced ISX starter.
planodp
Aqua Hot
Corkman
Aqua Hot
John Haggard
Steering issue
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
Aqua Hot
Paul A.
Captain seats
Jonbrooks
Captain seats
Mike H
Aqua Hot
miacasa_2000
Slide Hydraulic leak
Sagabob
Slide Hydraulic leak
Frank Bergamo
Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Dash motherboard
Jim McFarland
Icon on our TripTek display
Grampy OG
Aqua Hot
Corkman
Dash A/C
redstickbill

Oil change interval
Ivylog

There’s a good possibility that those that change the MH’s oil annually also change the oil every 3,000 miles in their cars like the sticker in the windshield calls for. Consumers reports debunk’d that myth 50 years ago in Checker Cabs in New York City. No difference in engine wear in the cabs that went 5000 miles between oil change.

I use 5000 miles because I can look at the odometer to know when the oil needs changing...own to many vehicles. One vehicle recommends synthetic oil so I go 10,000 miles between oil changes in it. If you change annually there is no reason to use synthetic oil as you are just throwing away more money each year.

Before you do your annual oil change,  pull an oil sample which will tell you the condition of your engine, which is good to know, and how much longer you could go on your oil...$25 or $200+ for a DP.

Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores
willbo777

Definitely put me on the interested list!

Steering issue
Bob Nodine

The easy way to tell the difference between a Shepard and a TRW is often overlooked. The TRW uses a bolt thru the top of the Pitman arm clamping it to the output spline shaft. The Shepard is significantly beefier and has a nut attaching the arm to the output shaft with a locking washer. Below is a photo of the Pitman arm of a TRW. I do not have a photo handy of the Shepard but they are like night and day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=287161&d

Replaced ISX starter.
planodp

Thank you for the information. Just order Denso from ebay $152 + tax. It's going on a ISM 04 Executive.

Aqua Hot
Corkman
15 hours ago, John Haggard said:

Do you have the link to the Aqua Hot Forum?

I tried "http://www.forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/" but get the error "This site can’t be reached"

Aqua Hot
John Haggard
33 minutes ago, Corkman said:

No

Sorry

But someone will chime in with it.

We are on the lake fishing this weekend 😎

No computer 

Roadmaster Base Plates PN 327-1 for Nissan Frontier, Xterra and More
Madtech

Don, I do still have them, you can send a private message to madarlow@gmail.com and I will send you a phone #

California Will Now be Off My List of States to Visit
W7BE_Bob

Dennis, Hope you are right about the legal part but I'll still be going to CA.

Not defending CA but they have set the standard for smog etc for the entire nation and the states and companies complied with much complaining. 

California Will Now be Off My List of States to Visit
W7BE_Bob

OK, Caught up on the requirement being dropped for RVs.

Every state has it's traffic laws and there is no reciprocity for out of state drivers for those laws. I suspect that if it's legal to impose smog restrictions on visiting commercial trucks then it will also be legal for other vehicles. A 3 day exception for commercial trucks would be a problem for many turcks. 

Those proposed RV restrictions may just be on hold for another day.

Steering issue
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

Thanks Everyone for all your help. I will end my discussion on this by asking if anyone has 2002 36’ windsor PBD that has a TRW steering box can give be the correct part number to order from Weller. Someone a while back told me they thought I needed a TAS65 66003. Just trying to ask sure before ordering rom Weller. Thanks again.

Why does this site set all categories to FOLLOW?
Scotty Hutto

David,

The default for the site is “follow all”.  When we started the new site in Dec 2019 the default was “follow none”, but we received so many complaints we changed it to “follow all”. 

The best way to handle it would be to let the user select on sign-up, but that option is not available.  

The easiest way to change that is to go to click on your use name once signed in, click on “Account” , then “Manage Followed Content”. From there you have several options, but to unfollow, you can select “Forums” on the left hand menu, you can use the little check box in the upper right hand corner and “Select All”, then select “No Notification”.

You can also easily select which forms, topics, downloads, etc. to follow from that screen. 

Hope that helps. 

scotty

Aqua Hot
Paul A.
3 hours ago, Corkman said:

Go to; rogerberke.com It will give you an option to join his forum. 

Captain seats
Jonbrooks

Decided to camp locally thus weekend.  Used the directors chair to make my way to the campsite. Brought everything along to complete the captain chair. Going to be much better drive home!

20210502_122040.jpg

Captain seats
Mike H
17 minutes ago, Jonbrooks said:

Decided to camp locally thus weekend.  Used the directors chair to make my way to the campsite. Brought everything along to complete the captain chair. Going to be much better drive home!

20210502_122040.jpg

Awesome.  Looks like it turned out great.  Ours will be getting done the last week of May so I'm anxious to see how they're turn out.  Thanks for posting the photos.

Aqua Hot
miacasa_2000

Wayne   My unit was acting up like that and I found the other end of that (phone cable) goes up to the ac first and the couplers on mine were all corroded. After all ends cleaned and new couplers the gremlins stopped.

Roy Mercier

2003 Dynasty

Slide Hydraulic leak
Sagabob

I'm new here with a few short trips on our newly purchased 08 Monarch 30 SFS. Rig seems in good shape with just 39000 miles on the Chevy workhorse 8.1 liter gas.

So we have one long slide and I noticed a bit of red spray into the 1st driver's side storage bay coming from this hose. The storage bay is below the slide. 

Can I put a wrench on this or what?

Thanks for any input. 

20210429_142344.jpg

20210429_142318.jpg

Slide Hydraulic leak
Frank Bergamo

Bob,

you can try to tighten up the fitting, if that does not stop the leak then it is more than likely the crimp is leaking. I have used battery lug crimpers to tighten the crimp part of the fitting with good success. Something like this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Lug-Crimping-Tools-Hand-Electrician-Pliers-Crimper-Wire-Cable-6-50mm-10-0/123310912832?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D1f38a4841dfc46b3a2d7b74f505dbcae%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D323715995648%26itm%3D123310912832&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982 Trying to find someone to come to the coach with a crimping tool is another option. Hope this helps.

Aqua Hot
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
2 hours ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Wayne   My unit was acting up like that and I found the other end of that (phone cable) goes up to the ac first and the couplers on mine were all corroded. After all ends cleaned and new couplers the gremlins stopped.

Roy Mercier

2003 Dynasty

Thanks Roy,I will open the cover on the ceiling and clean all ends. Amazing what the gremlins can do over couple months. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Quick clean up and a 3 hr drive to hit a DMV with an open slot. Need to get the title switched over. Have several trailers that need titles as well, so I’m taking 1 and wife following with another. 

She cleaned up well. Getting there for sure. 

E0DD0DCA-C49F-41A4-B663-F6EB4B2AF806.jpeg

Dash motherboard
Jim McFarland

Are u talking about the house or chassis batteries?  i think the dash runs off the chassis batteries so you may need to check them. 

Jim m

Icon on our TripTek display
Grampy OG
On 5/1/2021 at 9:04 AM, Florainer said:

If you do an internet search for TripTek manual, you'll find complete copies of the manual available online. The manual includes info about how to get to, and setup the Maintenance and Maintenance Setup screens. Plus you'll find the rest of the info about what and how the TripTek system works.

Thank you

Aqua Hot
Corkman
6 hours ago, Paul A. said:

Go to; rogerberke.com It will give you an option to join his forum. 

Hi Paul,

Have you been able to get to the forum? I followed a link via http://www.rogerberke.com/) but the forum link does not work, nor the "contact me" link.

Dash A/C
redstickbill

Sometimes the outside door gasket will fail and allow ambient air to enter when running the A/C on Max, this will cause condensation to gather and can get the floor wet on the passenger side. Had that problem in a 2002 Diplomat.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Intellitec Support - CPU and Keypad backups and restores
cureinc1

I want to be on the list as well. Not sure I understand how the backup process works but want to learn. 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.