Jump to content

Door handle keypad reset


Recommended Posts

I have a 2007 Monaco signature noble lll and I want to know how to program the outside keypad handle. The last time The MH was in the shop they messed up the power to the radios (2) and the keypad access number. Typical experience, the fixed 2 items and messed up 3 or 4. 
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Houchin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it a TriMark or an Essex? Different animals requiring different programming. I hate it when the techs mess up things while fixing other things. Especially when they 'forget' to tell you they messed those other things up. You usually discover them when it's not convenient.......Dennis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dave Houchin said:

I have a 2007 Monaco signature noble lll and I want to know how to program the outside keypad handle. The last time The MH was in the shop they messed up the power to the radios (2) and the keypad access number. Typical experience, the fixed 2 items and messed up 3 or 4. 
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Houchin

 

It’s 45 feet with a ISX 600 hp engine.

I don’t know the manufacture of the keypad system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Trimark control is under the cover above the instrument panel.  I sometimes have to unplug the power plug on the control and plug it back in to cure a keypad issue.  That may be worth trying.  Does the keypad beep when you press on the numbers?  When my keypad heats up or stops beeping I re-seat the power plug which cures it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My entire TriMark system has failed over the last 4 weeks, up to and including all bay door actuators!

Tech support at Trimark blames it on the way Monaco mis-wired the boor bell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll need to make that modification when my new components arrive.

When I told Kevin at their tech support, that several years ago someone pressed the doorbell button and it kept ringing until I cut the wires to the bell, he said the damage was already done, and it was only a matter of time till that keypad failed. 

I got several years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Yeah, I'll need to make that modification when my new components arrive.

When I told Kevin at their tech support, that several years ago someone pressed the doorbell button and it kept ringing until I cut the wires to the bell, he said the damage was already done, and it was only a matter of time till that keypad failed. 

I got several years.

I want to thank everyone for their input on programming my door keypad.

first the module for my keypad is in the panel beside the passenger door.          
I printed the manual sent to me for TriMark and from the directions therein, programmed a new entrance code.

The Bill D’s site is the greatest way to aid in making repairs, etc.

thanks,

Dave Houchin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, 96 EVO said:

My entire TriMark system has failed over the last 4 weeks, up to and including all bay door actuators!

Tech support at Trimark blames it on the way Monaco mis-wired the boor bell!

I just reset mine. Get the manual and reset it to the original default setting. Then set your desired code, etc. Try it, it will not cost you anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dave Houchin said:

I just reset mine. Get the manual and reset it to the original default setting. Then set your desired code, etc. Try it, it will not cost you anything.

I wish!

Mine is a little more serious than that. Over the course of a couple of weeks, each of the buttons on the keypad started to not beep when pressed. Since then, the key FOB began doing strange things, until all it will do is lock / unlock the entry door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

I wish!

Mine is a little more serious than that. Over the course of a couple of weeks, each of the buttons on the keypad started to not beep when pressed. Since then, the key FOB began doing strange things, until all it will do is lock / unlock the entry door.

I don’t know what to suggest. My fob has always worked. But when I pushed the buttons didn’t beep. Only the door bell worked. 
I only have one fob and would like to get another to match the original. However, I did buy another but it will not pare to the unit. Possibly a different fm frequency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The key pads on the mid 2000's Monaco coaches are known to go bad after time. The early units had a flexible e-poxy sealer under the buttons that got hard over time because of exposure to the sunlight. As it hardened the buttons would get harder to push and would not respond to any input. when they fail they can also put pressure on the internal electronics and causing the key fob to quit responding.

Remove the keypad and on the back is a label with the Manufacture's info and part number that you will need to purchase a replacement. If trying to reprogram the old keypad fails, replace it. The replacements do not have the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...