Outside temperatures

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The place to get virtually indestructible AC covers is from ICON Direct. They come ventilated or non-ventilated.

Well worth the money.

https://www.icondirect.com/dometic-penguin-duo-therm-air-conditioner-shroud-pw/

The ones pictured are Icon Direct.  I was a noobie when I got them and just didn’t know to click the button to get the holes pre-drilled. 😜

Since these are original heat pumps (15 yrs old), the covers will likely outlast the heat pumps. 

PS - and you would think a mechanical engineer would know better than to order black HVAC covers. 🤦🏻‍♂️  But I did.  

For the life of me, I still don't understand why RV design engineers would think that ANYTHING black on top of a RV is good. Maybe they should have gotten a second degree on Thermo Design Engineering.  🤣

Same for some of the paint schemes I see rolling down the road. I guess if you have 6 rooftop AC/s like the music industries coaches do then who cares.

As it happens, I have 2 of the Icon Direct covers for the original Penguin models sitting in the son-in-law’s barn. I had replaced all 3 of ours just before the roof units needed to be replaced. They are in north-central Connecticut. Free to any Monacoer who can pick them up or is willing to pay the $hipping. Send a private message or email george.cederholm@gmail.com if interested.