Bedroom slide try’s to go out, appears to be jammed on one side on the bottom.

Getting ready for a trip and our bedroom slide curb side appears to twist as it try’s to go out. It appears to be stuck on the right side roller? Has anyone else had this issue? Ours is a 2004 Safari Cheetah and this rear slide is on a single gear driven track with appears to be a one foot wide roller on each side near the outer wall. I can rock and tilt the top of the slide outward by putting pressure on the inside top but when I apply power it try’s to go out on the left side but stuck on the right side. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

I assume you have the Power Gear system, which I have and have had to repair and adjust a few times. I think one of the two shear pins may have sheared. There's one that goes through the gear and one that goes thru the square bar. You can see which one by seeing which end does not want to move when you energize the motor (that's the sheared one). Hope it's the one thru the bar because the other one is a BIG pain to replace.

Thanks for the input Bob, but this is a bedroom slide with a single gear track in the middle bottom and appears there are two rollers. When this worked there is little holding the top of the slide in other than its weight. I’m thinking a roller has popped out of its holder, a rather crappy design. Hopefully I am wrong but I see nothing under the lip other than the two rollers and the rear seems to be higher than the front.

The wife said it was the last big bump I hit, oh somebody help me prove her wrong!

Hopefully Chris Throgmartin will see your post and chime in as to what may be the problem. He is our resident slide person that always has excellent advice. I assume that you did not see any foreign object that may have gotten stuck under or in back of the slide to prevent it from moving?

Guest Ray Davis

Joel,  There is a thread about the bedroom slide on IRV2.   The wood under the bed where the rollers ride can fail and be a real problem.   Fortunately it's not a very complicated repair.   This thread has pictures showing what the problem is.  Let us know if this is your problem.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/quick-tips-and-easy-mods-monaco-style-17034-77.html

Scroll down to message 1070

Thanks all so very much for all the support and great info link on IRV2. I dug into this and discovered I could drop the roller assembly out from inside the battery compartment and guess what, a pretty stout ball point pen was wedged in perfectly, to lock it up. Problem solved. 

Thanks again,

Joel & Susanna Iacono

1 hour ago, Joel & Susanna said:

Thanks all so very much for all the support and great info link on IRV2. I dug into this and discovered I could drop the roller assembly out from inside the battery compartment and guess what, a pretty stout ball point pen was wedged in perfectly, to lock it up. Problem solved. 

Thanks again,

Joel & Susanna Iacono

Great news!