Ceiling rope light

Woody O

My ceiling  rope light does not come on at all, so I suspect it is a connection issue. How do I remove the wall switch front plate to check the current on back of  the switch? Does it pop off?

W OBrian

2006 Dynasty

You should have Carling switches to turn the light on. They are held in place at the top and bottom by plastic tabs. These tabs have to be compressed to remove the switch. I put my fingernails under the top and wiggle it until it frees, then do the same at the bottom. Often it comes out a little at a time, and you have to work it out. Once it's out, check the wiring etc. They are Carling switches but are proprietary to Monaco meaning the part numbers on them are Monaco specific. When ordering new ones make sure the connectors on the back match up. Best of luck...Dennis

George, I checked the fuse in the closet and it is fine and when I depress the switch, the switch light comes on, but the none of the rope light comes on.  If the rope light starts to go bad, usually some of the rope light would light up, but I have none to light up.  Any suggestions?

Woody O

2006 Dynasty

4 minutes ago, wobrian@myglnc.com said:

George, I checked the fuse in the closet and it is fine and when I depress the switch, the switch light comes on, but the none of the rope light comes on.  If the rope light starts to go bad, usually some of the rope light would light up, but I have none to light up.  Any suggestions?

Woody O

2006 Dynasty

Woody,

I’m not experienced enough with the Multiplex system to be much help, but I would say it’s time to break out the voltmeter. Check the output of the control module and even the fuse (they have been known to look OK)., then find the connection from the coach wiring to the rope light itself for power. It might be accessible from the roof access to the underside of the air conditioner.

George C