Which TPMS do you use and like/dislike and why?

Ward,

Sorry to hear about your TST issues. The information you were told is not something our Tech Department would say so I am confused as to who you spoke with. Are you sure it was TST or possibly one of our dealers (like Techno RV)? None of us would tell you to put the repeater in the battery compartment. That is a Faraday Cage and the repeater will not work in there. Moving the display to the other side of the dash will not solve interference issues. None of the suggestions sound like anything one of my Techs would tell you. Very odd. Wish I had talked with you. Sorry for the issues. I believe they could have been resolved.

Also...Bob...Putting any repeater in the back wardrobe, if it has mirrors in front of it, is also a Faraday Cage. You may not get good results from that repeater placement.

JimG
2006 Camelot
TST Lead Tech

4 minutes ago, ncjimgr said:

Ward,

Sorry to hear about your TST issues. The information you were told is not something our Tech Department would say so I am confused as to who you spoke with. Are you sure it was TST or possibly one of our dealers (like Techno RV)? None of us would tell you to put the repeater in the battery compartment. That is a Faraday Cage and the repeater will not work in there. Moving the display to the other side of the dash will not solve interference issues. None of the suggestions sound like anything one of my Techs would tell you. Very odd. Wish I had talked with you. Sorry for the issues. I believe they could have been resolved.

Also...Bob...Putting any repeater in the back wardrobe, if it has mirrors in front of it, is also a Faraday Cage. You may not get good results from that repeater placement.

JimG
2006 Camelot
TST Lead Tech

Didn’t  know that, my rear wardrobe has mirrored doors and system has never skipped a beat, in fact I did have to shut off  the trailer this winter, I was still reading from over 100 yards away in storage, 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, ncjimgr said:

Ward,

JimG
2006 Camelot
TST Lead Tech

Jim,  thanks for your response, but would be happy to privately share a copy of my AT&T cell call logs from last early September, 2021, but I did call TST facilities as I was desperate for the best help I could get.  Sorry, can’t recall the name of the person or persons I talked to, just to long ago.

My Newmar Essex battery compartment is almost completely open except for the roll out trays my LiFePO4 batteries sit on.  I am a degreed EE, hold some FCC Licenses and am a ham radio licensee KE2UF for more than 30 years. 

At this time I continue to nurse my old legacy Pressure Pro TPMS, not so patiently waiting for PP to finish development of a repeater for their Pulse system.  Their current solution is to route 50 ft of coax from the dash to a location on the underside of the coach behind the tag axle.  Nice if your building a new Foretravel coach, but would take many hours trying this on my completely built 2008 Newmar Essex.

If TST is interested in finding a resolution to my experience, I would be more than willing to reinstall exactly to your direction the TST507 system that you send to me initially at TST expense, I will provide full install photos to you, my time to my account, and if we can successfully get it to work properly, I would immediately forward full retail payment to you.  If unsuccessful, I would immediately return the complete system to you, return cost to my account.

6 hours ago, cbr046 said:

I had problems with my LF sensor (Tire Minder) reading 212 lbs then 55 lbs and so on.  It got so annoying I disabled that position.  Then the monitor started turning off by itself.  Apparently not enough signal from the remaining positions.  So yesterday I connected and mounted the supplied booster in the back wardrobe.  It was easy tapping power from the wardrobe light and the booster -> monitor signal doesn't have to pass through the chassis and while for the rear sensors it's more of a direct shot (vs angling through the flooring).  No telling when I'll be able to test the booster's affects  . . . .

As for the wonky sensor I keep playing with it but it may be a gonner. 

- bob

Bob,

Have you called or emailed TireMinder support? When I had an issue similar to yours they replaced the offending sensor (I had to pay $5 postage).  They were also very helpful in discussing the placement of my repeater based on their knowledge of my specific coach.  Since then, it has worked well with no false alarms.  Hope they can do the same for you. Here is contact info for the gentleman I worked with:

Kyle Bianchi
Minder Division of Valterra Products
3000 SE Waaler Street
Stuart, FL 34997
(772) 463-6522

info@minderresearch.com

56 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Bob,

Have you called or emailed TireMinder support? When I had an issue similar to yours they replaced the offending sensor (I had to pay $5 postage). 

I did when it first started messing up but I felt like I was getting a run-around.  I squirted some teflon spray (non-petrol based) into the air side and it worked for several months.  Maybe time to call again . . . . after I test it.

Thanks for the tip

- bob

Guest Ray Davis

A number of yrs ago I was given a Tire Minder by one of my kids along with a warranty policy from Camping World.

When the antenna pulled out of the unit, I stopped by a Camping World, and they handed me a whole new Tire Minder.

Camping World doesn't get much good press but this time they stepped up.  They did state the warranty is by another  company so I suppose it wasn't costing them anything. The warranty was a one time replacement so I had to buy another warranty.  IIRC that was $29.

Ward,

Under our current internal company system, we can not send out a system on spec. We have no way to have you pay for it after the fact. If you get tired of waiting for PP to finish the pulse system, you can purchase a new system from one of our dealers like Techno RV and we will get it working for you. You can call me at the TST number and I will help you set it up over the telephone.

JimG
2006 Camelot
TST Lead Tech

On 3/16/2022 at 8:48 PM, ward_l_johnson said:

They did advise that they were working on a new repeater design, and hoped to have it available first quarter, 2022.  I checked back with PP this past week, and they advised that they now have in hand the first production repeaters but are extensively testing them before releasing them for sale, assuming no issues are uncovered during the testing.  So, I continue to wait, extremely hesitant to purchase 12 replacement legacy PP sensors. 

The Legacy PP Systems are now obsolete. I attempted to purchase one a few months ago and was told that the monitors were no longer available. But they will be supporting the Legacy PP Sensors. So, I purchased the PP Pulse Monitor with 12 new PP Pulse Sensors.

Thanks for the information as to a possible repeater sometime soon as I am not about to spend another $50 for their long Dipole Antenna and then spend the time to install it. I was hoping that a repeater with the same frequency (433.92 MHz) would work as I have two different repeaters with that frequency, but it sounds like it will not.

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I was hoping that a repeater with the same frequency (433.92 MHz) would work as I have two different repeaters with that frequency, but it sounds like it will not.

Richard, what have you seen that makes you say your current repeater will not work?

5 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Richard, what have you seen that makes you say your current repeater will not work?

9 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The Legacy PP Systems are now obsolete. I attempted to purchase one a few months ago and was told that the monitors were no longer available. But they will be supporting the Legacy PP Sensors. So, I purchased the PP Pulse Monitor with 12 new PP Pulse Sensors.

Thanks for the information as to a possible repeater sometime soon as I am not about to spend another $50 for their long Dipole Antenna and then spend the time to install it. I was hoping that a repeater with the same frequency (433.92 MHz) would work as I have two different repeaters with that frequency, but it sounds like it will not.

Not Richard, but I personally have discussed using the PP legacy repeater with Pressure Pro in phone calls in August, 2021, and again two weeks ago.  Pressure Pro is adamant that using the "legacy" Pressure Pro repeater with the newer Pulse sensors will NOT work with the new Pressure Pro Pulse system.   I would think that if the legacy repeater would work, Pressure Pro would not pass up sales opportunities by telling potential customers otherwise, particularly when they do not yet have a Pulse sensor repeater available to sell.  Now, to be clear, given Pressure Pro's response regarding the repeater, I have taken their word for it, and have not invested in a PP Pulse system, so am not able to confirm or deny if what they have advised is correct.    

Guest Ray Davis
12 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I haven't tried it as yet, but I actually have two different repeaters and both have the same frequency, 433.92 MHz.

I've got my fingers crossed in hopes it'll work.   Unless each brand has their own coding within the same frequency it seems like it should work.  However, as Ward J. said above, Pressure Pro says it won't work.   They should know.              When you get a chance to try the repeater, we would like to know the outcome.