Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/463-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Fresh water pump - Shurflo 2088-422-144
jackch9@att.net
BLUEFIRE UPDATE
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
12 volt switch plates
codypierce@sbcglobal.net
Dometic e7 code
Dr4Film
Dometic e7 code
Poohbear
Bedroom Slide Not Working
powersltc
Ivylog
Where the rubber meets the road.
Ivylog
Luther Taylor
powersltc
Ray Davis
Nevada Rob
96 EVO
Paul A.
Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob
W7BE_Bob
Water Auto-Fill System
KevinH
Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob
12 volt switch plates
granvillebarker
Ray Davis
Water Auto-Fill System
vito.a
Putting panes on roof. Need advice.
fiat124man
BJO30228
Inverter and Generator Problems
FishAR
Ivan K
willbo777
FishAR
powersltc
GPS
Scott 61
GPS
Dr4Film
GPS
vito.a
GPS
Ivan K
GPS
Dear LaserWorks
Visors Stopped Working
W7BE_Bob
GPS
cbr046
GPS
Mark B
Power Steering Jerky and Noisy?
tmw188
GPS
Dear LaserWorks
Load balancing
woodylmiller
GPS
woodylmiller
Mystery vacuum line
woodylmiller

jackch9@att.net

Fresh water pump is leaking and is covered in calcium.  Would like to replace pump but the part number is no longer

available.  What replaced Shurflo pump 2088-422-144?

Jack H

Holiday Rambler Vacationer 37PCT

BLUEFIRE UPDATE
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

For those of you who have Bluefire and Android.

Blufure is having issues with Google on publishing the latest update. The App is still version 5.0.6 in the Play Store and Bluefire does not  have an ETA when it will be fixed. The website and forum and forum has been uodated to point people to the link for side-loading the App. Here’s that link in case you run across any Android users who can’t get the latest version. If you could post this on other forums, I’d appreciate it.

https://bluefire-llc.com/store/motorhomes - site notice

https://bluefire-llc.com/files/apps/com.bluefire_llc.motorhomes.apk - apk for side-loading

12 volt switch plates
codypierce@sbcglobal.net

thank you

Dometic e7 code
Dr4Film
13 hours ago, Poohbear said:

Well it seems like if I don’t it shows the e7 code on thermostat and it won’t restart unless I cut it off and back on? Should it reset after the washer is cut off?

Maybe someone with the new CCC-II thermostat and three AC's with washer/dryer lock-out relay will chime in as to how it all operates. There has to be some other members with the same configuration so hopefully one of them will post.

Dr4Film

There are two Remco water pumps that are excellent. One model AES and one model ARV. Just depends on the number of amps each one draws and the maximum GPM.

http://www.remcoindustries.com/aquajet-pump/

The AES model - 3.4 GPM with 6.5 amp draw  http://www.remcoindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/55AQUAJET-AES-Spec.pdf

The ARV model - 5.3 GPM with 10 amp draw  http://www.remcoindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/55AQUAJET-ARV-Spec.pdf

Dometic e7 code
Poohbear
12 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I wasn't being clear.  My breaker didn't trip but the GFI part did.  Those breakers look a little different,  they have an extra little yellow or white button for the GFI.

I looked and it’s not a GFCI breaker just looks normal.

Which TPMS do you use and like/dislike and why?
saflyer
12 hours ago, ncjimgr said:

Not sure where you got your information from, but a call to TST Technical Support would have answered your questions.

JimG

2006 Camelot

Got the information in a call to TST Technical Support.

I have the color display.

Ed

powersltc

I have looked everywhere and can not find a fuse marked bedroom.   

When the switch is pressed,  there is a sound. 

Ivylog

Most likely a plastic gear is broken if the noise is not very loud and of the same sound. If it varies there’s a possibility the screws that hold the metal track kave come loose and the gear that moves the slide cannot engage the track. Bigger and slightly longer screws might reattach them.

Ivylog

So instead of 70 psi in the tag’s tires you could use 35.

Luther Taylor

Shurflo 2088-443-144

Freshwatersystems.com

Good luck 

powersltc

Ni.  It is not a loud noise just a click.  No motor.  No gears.

Just click. 

Ray Davis

I've seen super singles on trucks but not on a MOHO.   Has anyone on here tried them?    They are eye catching,  actually rather strange looking.

What size are the ones pictured above?  They don't appear as overly wide as the ones I've seen on semis.

I googled super singles and this site came up https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-tech/the-pros-and-cons-of-super-singles/

It's not a MOHO but interesting non the less.  He mentions being able to lower tire psi for a much smoother ride.  In the pict below you can see a dramatic size diff,    those tires would support a MOHO.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                                                          "  I bought five Goodyear G275 MSA 335/80/R20 military tires.  They are 41-inches tall on 20-inch rims. "

Super Single Vs 19 5 Tire

Nevada Rob

I just installed the Remco ARV 5.3 GPM pump in my coach. It is very quite. If you are very still inside the coach you can hear it, otherwise you don't even know it is on. They are not cheap but according to the RV repair shop here in town they are better built and are returned less often.

96 EVO
2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

So instead of 70 psi in the tag’s tires you could use 35.

LOL!

Even the 295/80's most of our tag axles come with are overkill for the weight they carry. Guess it's just to make all your tires match.

Replacing IOTA Transfer Switch- Ground Wires Now Too Short
AlanC2
14 hours ago, AlanC2 said:

I'm in the process of switching over from the IOTA Transfer Switch to the ESCO LPT50BRD in our 02 Windsor PST, and while the process has been fairly easy so far, I've run into a problem.  In the old IOTA, the ground wires for the Shore Power, Generator, and Panel each had terminals next to the HOT 1, HOT 2, and Neutral connections.  The ESCO has a terminal block mounted on the side for the for the chassis ground and other grounds to connect to.  Unfortunately, the ground wires for the generator and the electrical panel connections are too short to reach.  There is not enough wire to pull more into the box. Is there a "safe" way to extend these wires (using the same size solid copper wire and some kind of connectors) to reach the terminal, or does the ground have to be one continuous wire?

Thanks to those who responded!  I've decided to go with a copper split bolt to extend the grounds.  

AlanC2

02 Windsor PST

14 hours ago, AlanC2 said:

Paul A.

Michelin introduced Super Singles, aka, DWR, Dual wheel replacement, to the North American market back in the early 80's. It was a total failure. The Weight rating of those were for application in Europe and could not carry the weight the tires designed for the application on the U S. ALL components must be engineered to carry the weight collectively. 

They are being used on selective freight carriers that transport certain goods and product conducive to the rating of those Super Singles.

Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob

I have a 2008 Monaco Dynasty. According to the manual the auto-fill in the up position fills the tank and the shuts off at about 98% full. And then place the switch in the down position for city water. I assuming Monaco means using City water supply and pressure for your interior water appliances. On my coach the switch in the up or down position fills the tank. With the switch in the center position closes the electric valve and supplies water to the faucets. With the way the coach is plumbed there is no way that switch and valve would work since the valve is a open or closed valve only and not directional. Anyone else have the same set up or is mine not plumbed correct?

20210622_193032.jpg

20210622_193053.jpg

20210622_193022.jpg

20210622_193110.jpg

W7BE_Bob

The click could be a relay. Slides draw a lot of amps far exceeding the typical switch capability. Relays can handle the slide amps and provide a series locking mechanism that will allow one and only one slide to operate at the same time and there will be a large fuse for that circuit. There may also be a circuit board involved.

Your problem suggests relay, circuit board, wiring or motor. I'd start by checking the motor power. It will have 12 in one switch position and opposite polarity in the other direction. A simple check that isolates electrical vs motor.

Also don't expect fuses to be labeled bedroom, perhaps slide, sf23, lights, etc etc. My FRB has 88 fuses with a variety of labels. 

Gary M

Called Shurflo and tech recommended this as a replacement. Works great.

2E9C4703-9BD1-4F50-BE19-4018848FE2C1.png

Water Auto-Fill System
KevinH

I have the same set up. My switch only has an up or down . When I  fill my freshwater tank I put it in the up position. Also my Aladdin system needs to be turned on or it will not fill. When I hook up to city water I leave it in the down position and don’t really have to do anything it automatically converts to city water.

Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob

Kevin I am not sure why the switch is a 3 position switch?? Maybe they were out of 2 position switches the day my coach was being built? Do you have a rocker switch in the small cabinet above the entry door that reads Aladdin on it? If yes does that switch turn on/off the whole system? I just bought this coach a month ago and have been learning about all the different systems.

12 volt switch plates
granvillebarker

You could also find some suitable plastic and a CNC shop or maker space could cut you a new plate.   I made a new plate for the radio area of my dash out of some sign substrate that’s an aluminum sheet over a plastic core.   I covered it with carbon fiber looking vinyl.   Look at my other  posts on here, there are pics somewhere.

One other idea would be to 3D print a  new plate.

Granville Barker

05 Dynasty

Ray Davis

The article ( link ) states,      "the Goodyears have a capacity of 6,395 pounds each.   ( he ) chose Goodyear because they had the highest speed rating of 81 miles per hour at 6,395 pounds."

It's not exactly my thing but I gotta say the wheels & tires look really good on his F-450 PU

Water Auto-Fill System
vito.a

Our Executive had Autofill.  Yes, the Aladdin system must be on and the tank sensors should be properly calibrated for it to function.  Ours only had two positions.   

Putting panes on roof. Need advice.
fiat124man

Look at AM solar website for mounting help.

waterskier_1

Lithium batteries don't like being at 100% SOC, either in storage or on charge.   This is one of the charge parameters that the battery charger has to deal with.  A proper charger will shut off (charging the battery) when 100% SOC is obtained and remain off until a certain SOC is reached (30% - 45% depending on the application) and then it will turn on (start charging the battery) and the cycle continues.  Now Tyger are a lot of charger that don't comply, just like there are people who have their alternators charging them at 14.2 Volts for 8 hours as they drive.  The battery sellers are partially at fault, claiming nothing special is needed to charge lithium in order to make a sale.  Granted, the cell & often the battery manufacturers employ safeguards, but there are there for gross catastrophic failure, not there to enhance battery life. 

BJO30228

we just went thur this and had to replace the whole gear box assy. It was a chore and it wasn't cheap either thank goodness my husband did all the wk our coach is only 7yrs old   Good luck

Replacing IOTA Transfer Switch- Ground Wires Now Too Short
tmw188

So is this Esco TS a popular replacement model? What are other popular models?

Ivan K

I happen to be replacing tag tires and there simply isn't space to fit anything that would go past the mounting flange of the drum without possibly rubbing on the lift mechanism and shock mounts.

20210624_142608.jpg

FishAR

I'll start with the inverter. Only charging at 12.7 and flickers between 0 and 3 amps. The battery temp monitor shows 151C which I know is impossible. I unplugged it but no help, it then shows 25C but still no real charging. Charger will start ok, then after about 20 seconds the remote panel charger light starts to flash. Troubleshooting says either low input voltage or high temp in the inverter (I've never heard a fan kick on in the inverter if that can be heard). I know I don't have low input voltage. I've got an external battery charger on the house batteries overnight again. I'm going to mess with it for a short time tomorrow and then if a miracle doesn't happen I'm going to take it out. Luckily for me my small home town of Marion, IL has a Magnum repair center. I figure getting it fixed would be cheaper than a new one? I'd like thoughts on that. I see a new one is around $900.

Now to the 10K Onan quiet diesel generator. I can't get enough electricity to it for it to turn over fast enough to start, so I don't know if it will start or not. Even with my big battery charger on the house batteries turned on boost/start. This battery charger will start a dead car with a V8. I'd like to try the battery boost function on the Monaco, but I guess I'm not smart enough to use it. I push the button on the dash, no light. Push the generator start button on the dash, nothing. It occurred to me maybe the ignition key has to be on? I'm considering trying it tomorrow with the motorhome running. I could use some guidance on this also. I've been all through the owner manual multiple times and haven't found my answer.

Thanks in advance for putting up with my dumb ass.

Ivan K

I don't have a Magnum but I can imagine that it would limit or even stop charging if it thinks that the batteries are that hot. Sounds like a Magnum circuit problem to me if it shows 77C with sensor disconnected and no debree in the connector. Should default to much lower temp IMO. 

As far as the generator, I would bypass the battery cables and put jumper cables right at the generator battery post to give me a direction where the problem might be. People had problems with corrosion at the generator side cable connections. My gen starts from chassis batteries and the boost button helps when needed. Should work both ways.

willbo777

On my bedroom slide the resetting circuit breaker is in the RRB.  But there is also a shear pin that broke one time for us, fairly easy job to replace.

FishAR
19 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I don't have a Magnum but I can imagine that it would limit or even stop charging if it thinks that the batteries are that hot. Sounds like a Magnum circuit problem to me if it shows 77C with sensor disconnected and no debree in the connector. Should default to much lower temp IMO. 

As far as the generator, I would bypass the battery cables and put jumper cables right at the generator battery post to give me a direction where the problem might be. People had problems with corrosion at the generator side cable connections. My gen starts from chassis batteries and the boost button helps when needed. Should work both ways.

I edited that, unplugged it shows 25C.

willbo777
On 6/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, ward_l_johnson said:

To ncjimgr……. Am getting ready to either replace our Pressure Pro system, or buy 12 new Pressure Pro sensors.  I looked at TST a few years ago, and even called the factory with a few questions.  I was told that the monitors had an internal battery, AND that I should NOT leave the monitor plugged into the 12v source other than to charge the internal battery.  The person I talked to advised that I would damage and dramatically shorten the monitor life if I left the monitor plugged in.  That would leave me with another unwanted task of assuring the TST monitor was charged each trip.  I find this hard to believe, but if that is correct, then that is what it is, and I’ll continue my search or just continue buying new PP sensors every 5-6 years.  Can you confirm or refute the information I previously was advised by TST?

I have had the TST system for many years with only a couple very minor problems.  My monitor is hooked up to a 12v plug with my dash cam, and Garmin 780 GPS.  I installed a switch that turns them all on and off.  When I travel I turn them on.  My TST repeater has been plugged in, actually connected to the house battery for all the years I have owned the system.  Their customer service has been stellar.  Also as an aside I have only replaced the sensor batteries a few times in all the years I have had the system, including on our toad.

powersltc
1 hour ago, willbo777 said:

On my bedroom slide the resetting circuit breaker is in the RRB.  But there is also a shear pin that broke one time for us, fairly easy job to replace.

RRB?

GPS
Scott 61

I just purchased a Garmin RV 890 GPS 

The suction cup will not stick to the dashboard I do not want to put it on the windshield I need suggestions on Mount it to the dashboard

thank you

GPS
Dr4Film

I used RAM mounts from GPS City to mount the GARMIN RV760-LMT to my center console. 

GPS
vito.a

I stick it to the drivers left window.  Works great.  

GPS
Ivan K

I use similar to this sticky disk for my tablet with suction holder on dash. 

Screenshot_20210624-191900_Chrome.jpg

GPS
Dear LaserWorks

This works great for us. Stays put, but you can move it around.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LRMS66/

Visors Stopped Working
W7BE_Bob

Both of them. For the DS DPDT switch center off the 2 output wires have 12V with switch up and reverse polarity with switch down. How are these wires routed to the visor?. There are an additional 2 switch lugs for the dash lights which work.  

Are there any wiring diagrams or other suggestions?  

I haven’t checked the PS visor which is more complicated with 2 switches and 2 relays in the FRB labeled as PASS VISOR related.

GPS
cbr046
44 minutes ago, Dear LaserWorks said:

This works great for us. Stays put, but you can move it around.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LRMS66/

What I have also.  It stays put no problem.

- bob

GPS
Mark B

They don’t make a bean bag mount for the RV890 yet. I’ve been looking. We used a sticky pad under the screw down adapter for now because the wife wants to see the screen too. It holds ok but not a long term solution. The RAM mounts are 17mm for the 7 series, the RV890 uses a 25mm (1”)ball. I’m open to suggestions too.

Power Steering Jerky and Noisy?
tmw188

I noticed while doing a audio/video of my steering box hissing hydraulic noise, that the Sheppard unit has a label on it that may tell me it’s not original? The part number label doesn’t appear to be 20 yrs old. Any opinions?

3CF031F5-C147-45A1-B96C-1D54CDD6D326.png

GPS
Dear LaserWorks
8 minutes ago, Mark B said:

They don’t make a bean bag mount for the RV890 yet. I’ve been looking. We used a sticky pad under the screw down adapter for now because the wife wants to see the screen too. It holds ok but not a long term solution. The RAM mounts are 17mm for the 7 series, the RV890 uses a 25mm (1”)ball. I’m open to suggestions too.

Ugh. Not cool. Bean bag works so well on our 770.

Load balancing
woodylmiller

Thanks guys.  Was just something to think about.  For the most part when in a park it seems like things go fine, have tripped a 50 sometimes, 3 A/C's, microwave and dryer.  The EMS system to handle it.  As to the charger, yes, sometimes it seems like the thing is really putting out.  But I have 4 Trojan 8D's and 4, drawing a blank and it's too hot out to look, but they are 4 chassis/engine batteries that have a lot of amperage to them.  Getting old ain't for sissy's that's for sure, memory seems to be the first to go.  LOL.  Anyway, 8 batteries and a constant parasitic drain.  But the charger does kick out the amps at times.

Woody Miller

GPS
woodylmiller

I was going to say the bean bag as well since it works well, that's what we use.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Mystery vacuum line
woodylmiller

Back in the day vacuum was used to control wipers and other items.  Not so much anymore.  I'm replacing all my cameras and monitor and doing some clean up behind the dash.  I came across what appears to be a vacuum line just hanging out under the dash between the steering wheel and the windshield.  Too much "stuff" to remove to find the other end.  But I don't think Monaco used "vacuum" to control anything, or did they?  As far as I could trace the line it went from steering wheel to curbside under the dash.  This is a 2009 coach.  Could there be vacuum being used for something?  I'm not a mechanic, but I don't think a diesel engine would use vacuum for anything, especially in this day and age.  Before I go crazy trying to chase this down, does anyone know of any reason there might be a vacuum line in the dash area?  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Mystery vacuum line
Dr4Film

Yes, a vacuum line is used for the AC/Heat vents to open/close the vents. It usually defaults to the defrost vents if there is a problem.

Hydralift for sale Las Veags area 2900.00
FuzzyD

Selling my hydralift.  It's a 2006 year built, I replaced the ramp with the updated wider aluminum tray and arms this year, 2021.

Everything works, had a local welding shop cut 3/4 in mounting plates that do not cut into the body and bolt to the factory engine cradle on my 1999 monaco executive.  I also but in quick disconnect on the hyd lines and 4 way plug for the remote to easily remove the unit.

New they are over 5k,  the ramp upgrade and front tie down mount was 1600.00.  I 4 point tie down the front and it made it carried my full dress Harley no problem on I40 in az 🙂

Call or text 7zero2.239.7323

20210425_103417.jpg

20210425_103454.jpg

20210425_103505.jpg

20210306_160222.jpg

20210309_122338.jpg

20210425_103428.jpg

Mystery vacuum line
Frank McElroy

Woody, your dash HVAC is controlled by vacuum lines.  Verify that all the lines going to the control panel and all the lines going to the vacuum actuated baffle doors are connected.

GPS
JDCrow

Ram, Ram, Ram 

766EDD2A-FF96-4EB7-9ED7-3D0B839ECFCA.jpeg

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.