Damn trees - I just need to vent

We got back from our trip down to Florida on Sunday afternoon. After the Gathering we spent 5 days at Three Flags in Wildwood to visit with my sister who lives there. Seems we can never get up front at Three Flags and they always park us under the damn trees in the back. Before we could get the slides in I had to go up on the roof and sweep them off as they where completely covered with leaves and twigs. Also my truck parked next to the coach was a mess and the bed was full of the same crap. I cleaned out the truck bed and started on the motorhome roof yesterday. I do this in the garage on my knees with a pail and rag. Got half of the roof done yesterday before the wife diverted  me to other stuff. Going to finish today. Sure not going to be doing this outside as it is below freezing this morning with the wind blowing and the sky is spitting snow. I developed a strong dislike for trees near my house or RV years ago when we lived in our previous house that was surrounded by large oaks plus our next door neighbor had many large maple trees and all the leaves and flying seeds ended up in my yard and gutters. Every fall I spent days just collecting and disposing of leaves not to mention the year round task of picking up all the limbs that fell off the oaks. I want even mention the acorns and catkins that go along with the oaks. OK, so I mentioned them. All this dislike for trees was enforced by a camping trip about seven years ago when the top of a large tree fell on the bedroom of our motorhome at 3 am causing $30,0000 in damage and six months loss of use. If that an't enough to develop a bad taste for large trees, my neighbor was killed when a large limb fell on her.  I was delighted when we purchased our current home in a subdivision that was built in a pasture. Only trees on my one acre of land are the ones we planted. As the house was being completed the landscaper planted two maple trees in the front yard. I told him that if he did not change them I was going to hook up my truck and pull them up. OK, I feel better now!

• Like 1

Bob, I can appreciate how you feel about trees when it comes to RVing.  My brother has a philsophy that "trees belong in the forest."  I certainly put a lot of effort into trying not to park under trees due to the reason you state.  But the worst for me is when I can't avoid tree branches scratching the side of my RV.  Some people call these scratches Texas pin stripes.  Whatever, I am the type who likes to keep my rig looking as new as possible (I know, not always a good thing).

My peeve is about the "accent" trees planted on both sides along the divided rural roads  (in the median and on the curbside of the road) that no matter which lane I'm in, hit my roof and antenna. If the County/Planners wants to plant accent tress - they should at least trim them from time to time (I think they just let the delivery trucks do the trimming as they scrape under the branches).

Okay - rant over.  Hey Bob, I do feel better now.