Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/464-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Where the rubber meets the road.
Romeo84
12 volt switch plates
codypierce@sbcglobal.net
Bedroom Slide Not Working
willbo777
Putting panes on roof. Need advice.
wamcneil
Power Steering Jerky and Noisy?
jacwjames
Dometic e7 code
amphi_sc
RVA jacks won't retract, need some expert advice.
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
tmw188
Water Auto-Fill System
amphi_sc
dl_racing427
Mystery vacuum line
dl_racing427
Water Auto-Fill System
KevinH
Ivan K
Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob
GPS
SigPIlot
Inverter and Generator Problems
FishAR
Dear LaserWorks
Ivylog
Water Auto-Fill System
amphi_sc
wamcneil
Paul A.
GPS
Ivylog
Ivylog
GPS
96 EVO
wamcneil
Front Seat Fuses
Dbircky
Front Seat Fuses
Dr4Film
Dear LaserWorks
Water Pump Pulsating Water
monacowner
Dr4Film
Wrayj1
John Haggard
Front Seat Fuses
Dbircky
wamcneil
monacowner
vito.a
monacowner
John Haggard

Romeo84

Lol but think how cool they would be.

12 volt switch plates
codypierce@sbcglobal.net

thank you

willbo777

Rear run bay, inside the engine compartment 

wamcneil

3m VHB does a great job with no drilling. I bought 1/16” 2” aluminum angle and cut 3” lengths for mounting feet. Each one has 6 square inches of VHB tape. Very secure. 
The am solar mounts have 2 square inches and claim they’ve never had a problem 
cheers

Walter

jacwjames

I've looked at the service manual and they do list having air in the system as a problem that might account for noise and jerky motion.  Not sure how to purge air.

I would complete drain the the hyd reservoir tank and see if you see any signs of metal.  I know the instructions don't do this, only enough to change filters, but any heavy contamination would be in the bottom captured by a small sump where the fluid returns.  Some may be in the filters but by design anything of size weight wold be trapped. I'd cut the lower filter open since it would have most of the contamination. 

If you decide to change the pump afterwards and don't see any real signs of a pump failure (which you would have seen while changing fluid) I wouldn't worry about changing the fluid since it is continually being filtered on the return side.  

Which TPMS do you use and like/dislike and why?
amphi_sc

I have a TST-507 that will drive you crazy with false high pressure alarms, so I just ignore them. TST knows they broke the system design either by accident or planned systemic obsolescence, but will not stand behind their product.  The majority of the time it works well but typically I can't use the system to check cold pressures before leaving the campground until I get a couple miles down the road, so I'll manually use the old fashioned gauge to check for low tires if been parked for a while. Other times I have to drop my speed down by 10-15 MPH to get the false alarms to go away, then resume speed back to my typical 62-65 MPH. Even with all the false alarms, it did function correctly and trigger a low pressure warning when I happened to have a valve stem break causing a fairly rapid depressurization (I just happened to be on the freeway in an area of no interference).  Batteries are easy to replace.

In my mind, a TPMS of some kind is essential equipment.

FWIW

jacwjames
I've never had a problem with the jacks, 
Set up now ready to leave and the jacks will not retract. none of them.  I can extend/lift the coach but not retract.

I am going to use the relief valves to bring them up so I can hit the road and solve the problem later. 

Any suggestions on what to look for????  I did check the fuse, which I knew worked since I can extend the jack.  It was good.

cbr046

Do they retract under the weight of the coach?

Sometimes one or two of mine don't retract fully.  The previous owner supplied a 2x4 for the final few inches.  Once the retract button is pressed I have to race real fast to that corner and pry it up with the 2x4.   I have less than a minute and sometimes have to extend a bit to retract if the "jacks down" led is lit.  Once the system thinks retraction is complete they are locked solid and I have to press the button again.

Good luck,

- bob

Dometic e7 code
amphi_sc

I still have the older 5 button thermostat and rear A/C heat pump load shares with washer only (dryer is 240V).  When doing the wash and we forget to turn off that A/C, yes the load share kills the A/C as designed BUT as the washer current momentarily drops as it changes between washing modes the A/C may try to run for a few seconds until the washer demands more current.  The load sharing relay arc'd out and had to be replaced probably from the high current loads of those brief seconds.  So, we try to remember to turn off that A/C manually when doing the wash.

If the new digital CCC thermostat got more intelligent and prevents the short run cycles by faulting with a power loss E7 code, that may be a good thing.  Which thermostat is in your system?

stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

Know the feeling. My hydraulic jacks don’t always retract fully. I carried a little a small jack along to sometimes finish the job. I would clean them good when I got home. I think it is the nature of the Windsor.

tmw188

Good suggestions. What manual the Monaco manual? I have it in for state safety Insp at a large reputable truck ctr and I gave them the video and asked them to look at it and give me their opinion. They will experience it when they start it and bring into their shop. My plan is to do the fluid and filter change when I get it back. I have the filters and fluid. I have a 12v bidirectional pump to draw down the reservoir that I’ve used on changing oil in my boats thru the yrs that will draw that down pretty easy. What did you think of the label on the steering box? Do you think that’s original, it has Monaco on the label?

Rikadoo

Hey Jac its funney you should mention this issue, something like this happened to me just the other day. I started my rig an went to raise my levelers an NOTHING, no light an no nothing, all i did was wiggle my ignition switch an the indicator light came on an then it all was working. I dont know if it was a coincidence, however it hasnt happend since. Now i just replaced my ignition switch maybe 8 or 9 months ago for a starting issue which immediately solved that issue, an on my trip to Az i had one time when my turn signils didnt work, again i wiggled the key an “boom!” They started to work... after saying all this perhaps i need to carry a spare. 

willbo777

Al, the TST system can be programmed very easily for high and low pressure readings.  Just reprogram it and the high pressure alarms will go away.  Before we leave in the morning I turn on the system and in less than 5 minutes all readings of pressure are available on the monitor, including the toad.

Water Auto-Fill System
amphi_sc

There are a couple parks I visit with low pressure (in the low twenties) so when there I leave Autofill on and water pump on to keep good pressure in the coach.  I reorganized the plumbing connections slightly and put a check valve between where the Autofill taps off and where the pump feeds back into the line to avoid the pump from pushing water back into the tank when the auto fill opens.  City water flows straight up the T's and the side branches are tank related.

My Aladdin switches are over the entry door in the cabinet with the TV booster switch.

FWIW

dl_racing427

Even if they could carry the weight, I like the redundancy of the duals.
I blew an outer dual at 70mph, towing my race trailer, while passing a line of semis, and though the bang startled me, it didn't really affect handling at all.  That wouldn't have been the case with a super single.

Mystery vacuum line
dl_racing427

There's a venturi type vacuum generator in the front compartment, which supplies vacuum to move the doors in your HVAC system.

Fresh water pump - Shurflo 2088-422-144
Chuck B

I recommend you install a high end strainer to keep particles out of the pump.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Karl Hampton

What “alarm parameters” are you using in your TST? You may need to adjust your parameters?
Yesterday afternoon it was 90* and this a.m. it is 51* so my parameters for my 100 PSI tires are 92 PSI and 120 PSI. We regularly drop to 94-96 PSI in the morning and hit 116-118 when driving in the afternoon. A couple of times in the the desert we were going into the 120s PSI so we had to adjust the parameters.

In 8 years of using TST I haven’t had problems with false alarms? Fortunately only 1 real alarm that needed attention and a new valve stem (slow leak). A couple of low battery alarms, so now I just change batteries in the sensors every year, although that isn’t necessary, it is just something I do..

When starting up - I turn the TST unit on a few minutes before starting the engine and check the PSI, it takes a few minutes, maybe 3-5 for all sensors to register, then we r good to go.

Water Auto-Fill System
KevinH

I have a Aladdin reset button in the small cabinet. 

D3C45A67-B9FC-4995-8E1C-925E5003DD6C.jpeg

Ivan K
13 minutes ago, dl_racing427 said:

Even if they could carry the weight, I like the redundancy of the duals.
I blew an outer dual at 70mph, towing my race trailer, while passing a line of semis, and though the bang startled me, it didn't really affect handling at all.  That wouldn't have been the case with a super single.

Yeah, I would not want a super single to be the only tire in the rear corner of a dually. I had somewhat similar experience with our old Class C and did not feel the flat outer rear tire until seeing it at a gas station. I had to stop to refuel every couple hundreds miles and that was the only time I was happy about that small fuel tank.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Rikadoo, Do you have a bunch of things hanging on a key ring that you use for the ignition switch? I had that problem and now just keep the key in the ignition.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Water Auto-Fill System
Nevada Rob

Amphi_sc I agree that a re-routing is needed. The ASCO valve should be in line before the point where the pump discharge line connects to the water system. a check valve between the two would make more sense. Currently when the auto-fill valve is open the water pump activates due to pressure drop and just circulates water from the tank right back to the tank. I may end up rebuilding the entire incoming water set up and relocating a few valves to make them more accessible. Thank you for your input on the plumbing.

There is an Aladdin in the cabinet above the entry door. It does not light up so I am not sure if it is on or off. Either way the Aladdin monitoring system screen on the dash works no matter what I do with the switch. Are the two tied together?

45 minutes ago, amphi_sc said:

There are a couple parks I visit with low pressure (in the low twenties) so when there I leave Autofill on and water pump on to keep good pressure in the coach.  I reorganized the plumbing connections slightly and put a check valve between where the Autofill taps off and where the pump feeds back into the line to avoid the pump from pushing water back into the tank when the auto fill opens.  City water flows straight up the T's and the side branches are tank related.

My Aladdin switches are over the entry door in the cabinet with the TV booster switch.

FWIW

GPS
SigPIlot

Also use the friction mount (Amazon) for the 760. Very little movement and no holes or sticky residue. Been on some really rough roads that even challenge air ride! Might slide a bit but easy to reposition. That 1090 looks cool. Looking at Silver Leaf integration upgrade.

FishAR

On the magnum me2012 inverter/charger:

I called the local company listed as a magnum repair center. They informed me they were no longer a repair center and for some reason magnum refused to take them off their website. So the nearest one is hundreds of miles away.

Shipping this thing hundreds of miles on a shot in the dark about what repairs would cost is not something I'm willing to do, so I guess if I don't figure something out soon I'll be buying a new one at around $950.

Dear LaserWorks
2 hours ago, wamcneil said:

3m VHB does a great job with no drilling. I bought 1/16” 2” aluminum angle and cut 3” lengths for mounting feet. Each one has 6 square inches of VHB tape. Very secure. 
The am solar mounts have 2 square inches and claim they’ve never had a problem 
cheers

Walter

My concern with VHB on an aluminum roof is that the paint has to hold, unless we remove the paint to bond directly to the aluminum roof. But I'd rather not drill holes, so what to do?

amphi_sc

Karl and Bill,

The false alarm problem is something the end user can not fix.  Jim (from TST who has already posted several comments on this thread) as well as Mike B (VP at TST) will admit that TST made a design change that breaks the already installed and previously functional systems in the field.  These facts are undisputed.  TST admits a new monitor is needed to avoid the false alarms introduced by the new systems causing interference with the older monitors. (TST offered to sell me a new monitor at a "discounted" price that was actually HIGHER than what I would pay for it elsewhere.) TST made this manufacturing change before I bought my system but I got new old stock that is subject to interference producing the false high pressure alarms of over 400 PSI or 500 PSI (depending on the sensors in the system).  Obviously, my tires can not jump from normal pressures to over 400 PSI in seconds. When I was in business, we made sure we "first did no harm" to our existing customers, or took steps fix them.  TST chooses not to.  If I had bought my system a couple months later I may not have gotten a system subject to the well known false alarm problem.  Luck of the draw I guess.

In the attached picture, you can clearly see a TST-507 attached to a tank showing dangerously low tire pressure while the display reads over 400 PSI from that sensor.  It happens often, but I can ignore it most of the time and hope I don't ever get a flat at the same time as the system is displaying the false high pressure.

I have personally witnessed other manufacturers standing behind their products in the field with recalls, etc.  Not so in this case with TST.  It is one thing if a product fails from normal use due to wear and tear vs this situation where the manufacturer breaks an otherwise working system (hopefully by oversight oops and not intentionally doing harm to their customers).

PXL_20210105_204815627.jpg

Ivylog

I’ve limped in on one rear tire after a blowout on a previous DP…not going to happen with just a single. While it’s not much, super singles are in several inches …outside of tire to other outside (axle width) is probably 5” less than duals. This will negatively affect handling on curvy roads.

Water Auto-Fill System
amphi_sc

Nevada Rob,

If the Aladdin switch is momentary action, it might only cause a system reboot. My Aladdin goes off with the ignition (and I press the control pad to bring it back up) or via the shut down function.

By the way, I replaced the water fill solenoid with this one ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/121358112687 ) as it had better operational pressure specs.

Its pretty easy to recalibrate the tank sensors for full and empty.  Mine were off quite a bit when I got my coach years ago. I forget the code to enter setup/calibration (tough getting older...) but something like 1218????

wamcneil

If the paint is solid, it'll be stuck to the AL very firmly and will be a great base for the adhesive. Just scrub it real good with a fine scotchbrite pad to remove any oxidation.

If the paint isn't in good shape, remove it stick the VHB to bare AL.

There are many varieties of VHB. I can't remember if it was on here or IRV2 where I listed the appropriate types of VHB. The have soft, medium and firm tape, thick tape/thin tape and several varieties of adhesive for different applications.

Cheers,

Walter

Paul A.
17 hours ago, powersltc said:

RRB?

Just a F Y I for the future. FRB; Front run bay.  Outside, and usually below the drivers seat area.

20007 Exec Exterior 005.JPG

GPS
Ivylog

You may have to glue a smooth disk to your dash that the suction cup will hold on.

Ivylog

Assuming your BigBoy boost solenoid doesn’t need the contacts cleaned, I’d hold the boost switch down for 30 seconds and then try starting the generator. I had to do that this morning to get my generator to start after a day of dry camping. I’ve also had to start the engine to get even more voltage to the generator, but not after getting newer batteries.

ncjimgr

Al ???,

This issue occurs with a very small percentage of old displays. To correct the problem (which is a firmware update the pre 2015 monitors do not have) you need a new display, either the grayscale or color. You did not say how old your display is. Newer systems do not have any issues. If you do not want to pay the $86 for a new grayscale display, call me and I will give you a code for a discount on that unit on the TST website.

JimG
2006 Camelot

GPS
96 EVO
16 hours ago, vito.a said:

I stick it to the drivers left window.  Works great.  

I do the same.

saflyer
33 minutes ago, ncjimgr said:

Al ???,

This issue occurs with a very small percentage of old displays. To correct the problem (which is a firmware update the pre 2015 monitors do not have) you need a new display, either the grayscale or color. You did not say how old your display is. Newer systems do not have any issues. If you do not want to pay the $86 for a new grayscale display, call me and I will give you a code for a discount on that unit on the TST website.

JimG
2006 Camelot

I don’t think my unit is pre-2015. I’ll check.

Ed

E95806AB-998B-4A5D-960A-BA3BF07DBD34.jpeg

wamcneil

Here's my old thread on the subject:

Front Seat Fuses
Dbircky

Last night I went to put my feet up in the front passenger seat, and discovered there is no power to the seat.  The wire out of the floor has no power to it.  I can't find the fuse in the electrical bay after checking the owner's manual and the list in the bay.  Where did Monaco hide these fuses?

Front Seat Fuses
Dr4Film

There are no fuses for the seats. They use Auto Resetting Circuit Breakers.

Look in your owners manual if  you have one for the location.

Dear LaserWorks

Lo

18 minutes ago, wamcneil said:

Here's my old thread on the subject:

Nice! That's just what I want to do. Custom fabricate some simple L brackets to mount & get 2 for 1 tilting from one set of Renogy tilt mounts. Since my roof is aluminum, I'll sand the paint off to expose some clean smooth aluminum for VHB tape to adhere. The epoxy paint might hold, but I'd rather not find out other otherwise rolling down the highway. Thanks!

monacowner

Greetings Monaco Owners,

An issue that has plagued me for several years can be seen in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17bUhfm2thWo4j74HMdLP33BgbKz9FKkR/view?usp=sharing

I have replaced the pump, the latching switch...  I cannot seem to find the solution. I will say that it doesn't do it all the time. About 25% of the time when I turn a tap on, a steady stream will come out. It doesn't matter the tap I use (kitchen, bathroom, or 1/2 bath).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Don

Dr4Film

Make sure your filters and screens are all clean and clear. Such as the filter on the input side of the pump and all of the faucet screens. Try running the water without the screen or aerator to see if the pulsing stops.

What pump do you have installed? How many gpm is it rated at?

Wrayj1

Don,  when you turn on the pump it senses you are using water, the pump turns off when pressure is achieved, then back on again when pressure decreases.  Since RV water presdure varies from location to location the pump might pulse more frequently at one location vs another.   I think it is just the nature of the beast.

John Haggard

The above comments are valid.

It's the nature of the beast if you have a variable speed pressure pump.

At very low volume it will pulsate more.

Make certain that your city fill valve is off tight. 

The variable pressure pumps in my boat do the same thing. 

amphi_sc
29 minutes ago, ncjimgr said:

Al ???,

JimG
2006 Camelot

Jim,

As stated in my post, TST already offered a "discount code" off your website price that still ended up costing more than what I could find for a new monitor elsewhere.

As you admit again, TST broke the existing installed base.  In my opinion, TST should provide a gray scale monitor to correct the problem TST caused to the gray scale monitor.  Mine worked fine until more and more of your new design hit the road, and still functions when not in the vicinity of newer TST systems.  It does not have a problem being near Tire Minder, Pressure Pro, Tire Tracker, etc, only other TST systems.  It wasn't until coming away from the remoteness of Alaska that my system started to encounter so many other systems that the problem became more evident.  It did seem strange the problem only seem to happen as I slowed down to turn onto the campground, or had to go a couple miles down the road for it to "warm up" so as to not indicate my tires were going to blow to themselves off the rims!

If I wanted color, I would agree I should pay to upgrade, however I do not desire new functions, just the existing gray scale functions that I bought in good faith to work.  It should not be my fault for buying your product that TST broke.  As you state, it may only be a small number of systems that you broke, but TST as a company should stand behind their business model in good faith.  Since TST choose not to stand behind the product in good faith, it speaks very loudly of the ethics.  I will gladly accept your shipment of a replacement gray scale monitor and ship your defective unit back to you under a RMA label.

In my previous exchanges with Mike B we discussed my original purchase date and how it was apparently old new stock that I had no way of knowing TST was breaking as more new units were being deployed.  As I recall from a previous brief discussion with you, TST introduced the design change just before I bought my complete system.  When I purchased my system, there was no information to be found saying the system would be soon obsolete and non functional from system interference.  It was not advertised as an obsolete end of life product.

Sincerely, Al

Front Seat Fuses
Dbircky

Thank you.  How long does it take to Auto Reset? The only mention of a seat is in the Owner's Manual under VCS-Gray (Sub Floor Chas Harn) Loc No 6&7 Function VCA6-7 CHAS BATT SEAT  TO/FROM F88.    F88 is occupied by an 20amp resettable breaker.  I'm going to pick a new one up and try it.  I wonder if I could just use a regular 20 amp fuse instead.    

wamcneil

Thanks. It has worked out pretty well.

With each mount having 6 sq in of adhesive, the paint shouldn't be under a lot of stress. If it's in descent shape, I'd be inclined to scrub the surface real good to remove any chalk and leave it. 

If you've got areas that are peeling, then by all means, sand it back to bare AL.

One of these days soon I'll cover the brackets with eternabond tape and calk around the end to protect the VHB...

These are the metric thumbscrews I bought to supplement the ones supplied in the renology kits:

Amazon.com: FarBoat 4Pcs Threaded Knurled M8x40mm Long Stud Thumbscrew Screw Knob Stainless Steel with Black Plastic Plum Blossom Six-Pointed Star Head Screw Grip Knob: Home Improvement

monacowner

I think you're right about it being the nature of the beast. When I turn on a couple of faucets, the pulsating goes away!

I have a 55AQUAJET-ARV 5.3 GPM

Well, I won't fret it then. As long as it keeps pumping!

Thanks everyone!

vito.a

Check your accumulator.  Large blue canister. Probably above the pump inbetween the frame rails.

monacowner
2 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Check your accumulator.  Large blue canister. Probably above the pump inbetween the frame rails.

Hi Vito,

I do have one of those, but how would I "check it"? I imagine there is some way to adjust it?

Thanks!

Don

John Haggard
13 minutes ago, monacowner said:

I think you're right about it being the nature of the beast. When I turn on a couple of faucets, the pulsating goes away!

I have a 55AQUAJET-ARV 5.3 GPM

Well, I won't fret it then. As long as it keeps pumping!

Thanks everyone!

If you have low volume faucets ?

Or a restricted low volume  shower head 

You may see some pulsating more frequently also.

I have never had an accumulated tank on any houseboat. 

But at very low volume usage it will cause the pump intermittent pulsating 

GPS
SigPIlot

JDCrow - Like your setup. I have used Ram for a couple of trucks. Might look into for rig. Just not sure where to put it. Space on the flight deck is limited!

GPS
rmelling0
18 hours ago, Mark B said:

They don’t make a bean bag mount for the RV890 yet. I’ve been looking. We used a sticky pad under the screw down adapter for now because the wife wants to see the screen too. It holds ok but not a long term solution. The RAM mounts are 17mm for the 7 series, the RV890 uses a 25mm (1”)ball. I’m open to suggestions too.

Normal Ram mounts are 1" ball (25 mm) so any Ram mount pieces will work.  For my RV770 I had to get an adapter with 17mm ball on one end and 25mm on the other.  Not needed if the 890 already uses 25mm.  I mounted a 25mm ball to the bottom side of my overhead tv cabinet to mount the 770.  Or maybe it's a 760.

Rick M.    2000 Exec.

Front Seat Fuses
Dr4Film

if you replace it with a 20 amp fuse once the seat reaches a stall point the fuse will blow as the motor will draw more amps at the end of travel. Hence the reason for re-settable circuit breakers.

Front Seat Fuses
Jim McFarland

Probably a dumb response but it really sounds like you may have accidently hit the dis-connect switch.

Jim M

monacowner
1 hour ago, monacowner said:

Hi Vito,

I do have one of those, but how would I "check it"? I imagine there is some way to adjust it?

Thanks!

Don

I think I see how I can measure and adjust the pressure (a regular tire pump). What should the pressure be at is the question now.

Rear Turn Signal gone nuts
Joel & Susanna

Ok folks, I wonder if anyone had this issue with your rear turn signals and brake lights.

Our 04 Safari Cheetah has never challenged me more to hunt down the issue. I’m normally pretty good at chasing down problems but this one is frustrating. The right amber and red brake lights flash perfectly, the left amber and red brake flash perfectly however the right ambers join in on the fun to drive me nuts. I have checked all related fuses, relays, all front and side markers work perfectly. Oh, the little turn signal bell works as it should with the right activated, when turning left it will sound at about every fourth flash! No leds lamps in the rear, I looked at the rear wire looms and no visible charring or discoloration.

First to help me correct this gets a big attaboy 

Rob connors

Usually when Turn Signals get weird it’s a ground problem if have found in the past

John Haggard

The accumulator reduces the number of times the pump activates. 

Let's say you get up in the night and use the toilet a few times.

The pump won't kick on, many times all night if you have a larger capacity accumulator. 

Our airstreams had the water pump under the bed so that was a nice feature.

Not to have a pump kick on.

In my signature 

I've never heard the pump run.

Some say set the pressure at 33 #s

I've seen 30 to 40#.

Some say coordinate the accumulator pressure with the pump kick off or on ??? Pressure. 

I don't think it's that detailed 😕🤔

vito.a

On most of these motorhomes only the amber flashes for the turn signal.  I would focus on the trailer 3-to-2 turn signal converter. 

https://www.amazon.com/56190-Powered-2-Wire-Taillight-Converter/dp/B004IYB968/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=trailer+turn+signal+conversion&qid=1624655338&sr=8-15 

Front Seat Fuses
vito.a

We have two 15a fuses in the front run bay, one for each power seat.  We also have a 20a fuse for the heated seats.  

However, when my passenger seat lost power it turned out there was a wire nut connection inside the seat Velcro wire cover that had come lose.   

Dometic e7 code
Poohbear
8 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

I still have the older 5 button thermostat and rear A/C heat pump load shares with washer only (dryer is 240V).  When doing the wash and we forget to turn off that A/C, yes the load share kills the A/C as designed BUT as the washer current momentarily drops as it changes between washing modes the A/C may try to run for a few seconds until the washer demands more current.  The load sharing relay arc'd out and had to be replaced probably from the high current loads of those brief seconds.  So, we try to remember to turn off that A/C manually when doing the wash.

If the new digital CCC thermostat got more intelligent and prevents the short run cycles by faulting with a power loss E7 code, that may be a good thing.  Which thermostat is in your system?

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Poohbear said:

image.jpg

This is the one that controls middle and rear AC

Front Seat Fuses
Jim McFarland

Glad you found the problem and was able to make the repair.

Jim M

Ivylog

X2 on a ground problem.

Kenwood KT-M707 Nav Touch Screen Inop
Ivylog

Our 08 Navigator has the Kenwood KT-M707 Radio/Nav system which has worked well over the 3 years we’ve used it. Put in Wichita, KS before leaving to go West last week. Left Monday evening , turned Nav unit on and no touch screen…black/blank screen but the bitch in the box still providing directions. Got near Wichita but continued on to I-70W and now the bitch part. Before every exit…”Exit xxx, hard right turn, turn left at stop sign” on and on at every possibility for the next 4 hours.

Stopped for the night and thought about putting aluminum duct tape over the GPS antenna on the roof, but found and pulled the GPS input in the dash to the Kenwood Nav box instead …heavenly silence the next morning as she didn’t know where we were.

Today (raining) I decided to try and fix before posting on here for help. Wiring diagrams no help nor the several installation books in the manuals box. Decided to try rebooting the Nav portion by disconnecting the 12V power to it…still a blank screen but when I tried several of the setup options, for the 19th time, the touch screen started working. Reconnected the GPS antenna and put in Gillette, WY as our next destination. Hope to see some of you there!

HWH Repair Costs
Grampy OG

Thanks for the info. Driving an 03 always gives a bit of concern of where to source repairs/parts. I'm glad HWH is still going strong.

Ken

jacwjames

Well, I feel stupid.  Normally when I retract the jacks I can feel the coach move etc.  I didn't feel anything and just assumed the jacks didn't move.  Checked the fuses and then used the emergency retract procedure and still didn't feel anything and then saw all the jacks were up.  DUH!!!

Mystery vacuum line
woodylmiller

Thanks, I will check it out.

Woody Miller

Ivan K

Your loving relationship with the "lady in the box" reminds me of myself until finally my wife had enough and I started calling her "miss B" which appears to be acceptable so far...  but not as heart felt when she tells me to take an exit after I already passed it.

Generator won't run with engine running
jenronn

My Onan 8kw runs great and powers everything when coach is parked or even plugged in to a/c. , however if the engine is running it will start up but then die as soon as the transfer switch kicks in.  Also dies if it is running and you start the engine. I am leaving on a month long trip on Monday and need to get it fixed ASAP. Anyone else had this problem or have an idea? 

Ivylog

Guess I should be happy “Miss B” doesn’t say “recalculating” after every new intersection or exit I do not take. She does have me worried that one day the “hard right turn” will actually be one and I’m going too fast for it.

Ivylog

Jim, no one sees you when you’re cool!

Ray Davis

Chances are you have a battery or batt cables problem. There has been a thread about this very thing over on IRV2, here's a link

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/generator-dies-when-the-engine-is-started-542215.html

StephenW

The air pressure in the accumulator tank should be set 2 to 3 psi below the pump kick in pressure.

Joel & Susanna

Found steering diodes in line with the trailer / toad light socket with one of the diodes being bad. Problem solved.

thanks folks 

jenronn

Thank you Ray  just checked out that thread, New batteries and cables a few months ago and all has been fine. My problem was different than that in the thread My generator starts and runs with engine running but quits when transfer switch kicks in even with no load at all. yet works fine even when plugged into shore power. Seems to be some isolator or solenoid problem that is not working when engine is also charging.. I'm not up on this  but willing to tackle it if I get some direction where to look.

Ivan K

Does it produce a blink code when it dies or is it like if it was commanded to stop?

A Request from the Moderators regarding correcting others...
96 EVO
On 3/27/2021 at 10:59 PM, Dennis H said:

I, too, have thick skin and broad shoulders. That said, I agree, a PM beats any snarky comments to each other....Dennis

I have to!

My advise is like throwing darts!

I only occasionally hit the board :classic_cool:!

monacowner
5 hours ago, John Haggard said:

The accumulator reduces the number of times the pump activates. 

Let's say you get up in the night and use the toilet a few times.

The pump won't kick on, many times all night if you have a larger capacity accumulator. 

Our airstreams had the water pump under the bed so that was a nice feature.

Not to have a pump kick on.

In my signature 

I've never heard the pump run.

Some say set the pressure at 33 #s

I've seen 30 to 40#.

Some say coordinate the accumulator pressure with the pump kick off or on ??? Pressure. 

I don't think it's that detailed 😕🤔

Well John, your advice seems to have worked. I checked the pressure and it was at ~20 psi. I took it up to ~30 psi and... BINGO! No more pulsating. A big THANK YOU! I barely knew I had an accumulator before today, let alone that I needed to add/remove pressure. Another learning event! Just when you thought you knew 20% of everything you needed to know. I think I'm up to 20.1% now. 😉

waterskier_1

You have a ground problem in the bulb sockets.   I'd start with the onery right turn.  

Hydralift for sale Las Veags area 2900.00
96 EVO

How wide is the 'wider' ramp? My Harley runs a 240 rear tire.

I already own a Hydra Lift.

jenronn

Will check for the blink code tomorrow Thanks Ivan ,good point.  It does not sound like it was told to stop almost like an overload or slow shutdown and  the Xantrex panel goes haywire. There are no fault or warning codes  when I check the panel. I will also review manual when I check for a blink code in the morning. 

Hydralift for sale Las Veags area 2900.00
FuzzyD
1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

How wide is the 'wider' ramp? My Harley runs a 240 rear tire.

I already own a Hydra Lift.

It's about 1.5 in wider than the older style...my rear tire is the stock 180 and it barley fits.....the old ramp it actually pinched my rear tire on the sidewalls which is why I bought the newer style ramp

Hancoman

No idea how to fix it but I hate that bitch in the box

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.