Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/471-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Ccc2 thermostat programming
hitechpete
Attention all DIYs
Rikadoo
Charging Batteries wih Generator
jacwjames
Mystery vacuum line
Ray Davis
Mystery vacuum line
willbo777
Attention all DIYs
Xlr8ting1
Who’s at the Monaco pre-rally in Gillette?
applefarmer629
Girard Awning
KevinH
Mystery vacuum line
Hypoxia
Cubflyer
Walker
Dr4Film
Carney
Vector SS Coolant Surge Tank For Sale
Scotty Hutto
hitechpete
96 EVO
jacwjames
96 EVO
jacwjames
Exploring some travel options
daveyjo
96 EVO
redstickbill
Modernizing my 2008 Safari Cheetah
McHughes
Alternator failed at 90K miles.
McHughes
Scotty Hutto
moxy1962
daveyjo

hitechpete

See the attached photo of the CCC2 manual.

B3C44123-B46F-4D9F-BFC1-F9D76EEDFA59.jpeg

Attention all DIYs
Rikadoo

Ya know Dave i really didnt, there are two plugs on the back of the pumpkin, one is so low im sure it there incase you want to run a temp sensor, the other is much bigger an i knew due to its size that would be the fill an level hole, so i just filled it to that one.

jacwjames

Without looking at how your electrical system is set up I have no idea if an Endeavor is suppose to charge both the house & chassis batteries while driving.

On my coach I had a BIRD and Isolation relay that allowed the house batteries to be charged while driving and then a Lambert LE415 that maintained the chassis battery while plugged in.  I started to have trouble with the Lambert so decided to replace them all with a Bluesea ML-ACR.  It was an easy install for me (other then having to pull one extra wire to the front dash.  If there is a charging source (shore/alternator) it will charge both batteries and it will also serve as a battery boost. 

When I get to my destination after driving my my house batteries are 100% charged and while the inverter was working the whole way. 

Blue Sea ML-ARC.jpg

Mystery vacuum line
Ray Davis

I don't have an air door seal so I'm speculating that the ECM signals when to send air to the seal.

Anyway, surely that would be 12v, so why couldn't you simply jump 12v to it temporarily.  That way you can visually see what it does.

Mystery vacuum line
willbo777

On our coach the door seal inflates when Drive is selected on the trans.

Attention all DIYs
Xlr8ting1

That clunk noise you feel when you engage the transmission might be a bad universal joint.  Might be worth checking.

Who’s at the Monaco pre-rally in Gillette?
applefarmer629

Duane Lindsey in D5 in the Entegra Cornerstone 

Girard Awning
KevinH

Last time I had an issue with my Girard awning I called them and they were really helpful with tech support even though my coach is 15 years old

Mystery vacuum line
Hypoxia

From your 2009 Dynasty Owner Manual Page 125: 

Air Seal
The entry door is equipped with a one-piece
air seal to reduce wind and road noise.
The seal automatically inflates when the
the transmission shifts into 2nd gear.
The entry door seal will inflate to
approximately 3 to 4 psi.
The pressure regulator control valve is
located behind the front cap on the curb
side of the generator.
When the transmission is placed in
neutral, the entry door seal will deflate.
CAUTION:
If the pressure regulator should require
adjustment, do not exceed 5 psi.
Damage to the seal will occur.

Cubflyer

Jim,

Sounds like I need a system like that... need to go shopping!

Walker

Pete thanks.  I am going to do that today.

Dr4Film

Two important steps when doing a new install is to set the DIP Switch configuration correctly on the control board inside each new AC followed by a system reset on the CCC-II thermostat.

Carney

Matt,  Thanks for the information,  I just ordered the new heat pumps, and the CCC2 thermostat.  Hopefully they will ship soon,  your info will help with the install.  Thanks again. Carney 2006 Windsor

mandms59

TALIN SS Vector Surge Tank with 13 PSI cap and new sensor. Fits many Monaco/HR coaches - included dimensions photo from TALIN.

Never Installed.

New was $460.00 //Selling for $360 plus shipping.

We travel full-time (currently on west coast) so shipping cost will depend on our current location.

Vector_1.jpg

Vector_2.jpg

Vector_3.jpg

Vector_4.jpg

Vector_5 -sensor.jpg

Vector_6 - sensor.jpg

Vector_7-p -cap.jpg

Vector_8 p-cap.jpg

Vector_9 -box.jpg

Vector Tank Specs 2.jpg

Scotty Hutto

Mark,

I’m very interested! Let me confirm with @throgmartin that it will fit; if so I’ll take it. 

hitechpete

Penguin 2 installation and dip switch configuration.installation%20manual_62857.pdf?att=true

96 EVO
14 hours ago, jacwjames said:

I have never used AGS.  I have a document showing recommended settings.  They suggested stop at Absorb. 

I'll check my setting and my actually test it one night. 

Having to run generator & AC's in late afternoon/evening.  Got to 96F at Devils Tower Wy today, may be time to head to cooler weather, where ever that is.

Which inverer / AGS system do you have?

My '07 vintage Magnum ME2012 only gives you the option of the length of time you want the gen to run, once the AGS has been triggered.

jacwjames
10 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Which inverer / AGS system do you have?

My '07 vintage Magnum ME2012 only gives you the option of the length of time you want the gen to run, once the AGS has been triggered.

Based on the info I have I can choose between Auto stop at 90, 95, or 99% SOC or I can auto stop at Absorb or Float.    I've set mine at Absorb which was recommended by the author of the write-up I have 

96 EVO

Is it a Magnum?

If so, it's a newer model, or newer software version, than mine.

jacwjames

Mine is a Trace Rv2012

daveyjo

We are exploring some travel options and need some advice.  We live in Minnesota are trying to coordinate an RV visit to Maine (Acadia, Booth Bay, etc.) to see our kids sometime after Labor Day.

We also need to be in Lisbon, Portugal September 21to October 8th, 2021, and are planning to be back in Minnesota in time to catch our flight to Portugal.  There is probably plenty of time to make that happen, but we just realized that we could instead park the RV near Boston and fly to Portugal from there, thereby eliminating any time crunch, and just drive the RV home to MN once we return.  Which brings me to my question.

Where could I safely park my RV ( and maybe the car) near Boston and easily be able to get to and from Boston Logan airport?  I would need AC power to keep my fridge powered and may even need to use my propane furnace should freezing weather happen, but I wouldn’t need other facilities that an RV park might offer.  I could use my car to get to and from the airports if that is more cost effective than storing the car, and take public transportation to the airport.

I could also travel instead from New York City if there were better options for storing the RV there.

I would greatly appreciate any advice about the idea. 

Dave Jones

2005 Scepter

96 EVO

Ah, got it!

mandms59

Scotty -

Will wait for your confirmation/response and tentatively hold it for you if anyone else sends a querry.

R/

Mark

redstickbill

Dave,

If you are retired military perhaps you could store the RV at Hanscom AFB, and catch the local bus to the airport.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Air bags on rear road side slow to inflate
obb_taurus

I had my coach in today to get this issue checked out and they couldn't find any problems with the ride height valves, air bags or the air system in general.  Now I'm wondering if it could be something related to the HWH leveling system itself, I'm hoping it's not something to do with the control unit as I went through that issue back in 2010 where it was sent to HWH for repair.  Has anyone experienced this kind of issue which was related to the control unit?  Or does anyone have other thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks

Mike B

01 Dynasty

Modernizing my 2008 Safari Cheetah
McHughes

Replaced the Leece-Neville 160a alternator with a Delco-Remy 28SI 200a and two new belts.  Added a 10a 50v Schottky Diode to the Ignition terminal to stop feedback into the ignition.

new_alt_installed.jpg

McHughes

Thanks Bill.  Added a 10a 50v Schottky Diode to the ignition terminal.  Tested. All works well.

new_alt_installed.jpg

Corkman

I have an 01 Dynasty and took it to the cummings/truck repair shop. After charging me $1000 for diagnostics, and still not fixing the problem, I took it home, followed the HWH troubleshooting guide, and determined it was the control box. I sent the box to HWH and for $113 they repaired it and problem solved. What's worse it I took it in for the rear traveling leveling system not working and they told me the front right exhaust valve was wrong. What are they doing in the front when the issue was in the back. So, just by chance the front right exhaust valve was also bad, but the replaced the front "left" exhaust valve. I later replaced the front right exhaust valve myself. Easy Peasy. Many places think they know what they are doing, but in fact we end up paying them $180 to "learn" how to work on them. When I raised my concern they told me: " Our guys is so good that HWH calls him when they can't figure something out". BS

Scotty Hutto

Thanks Mark. I’ll take it. I’ll DM you. 

moxy1962

Glad to help

obb_taurus

I think the shop was on the level, they only charged me $130 to go over the air bags, ride height valves and make sure there's no leaks in the air system.  They didn't touch the HWH system cause that is not their expertise as far as I know.

Out of curiosity, when you sent your control box in for repair, did you remove it?  If so, how difficult is it to remove and replace?  Is it pretty straight forward as in take a picture then unplug a bunch of connectors and when you get it back plug them in again?

Thanks

Mike B

01 Dynasty

Corkman

Yep that’s about it took pictures and as I recall the plugs were pretty straightforward you couldn’t put the wrong one in the wrong hole very easily.

daveyjo
3 hours ago, redstickbill said:

Dave,

If you are retired military perhaps you could store the RV at Hanscom AFB, and catch the local bus to the airport.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

I am able to utilize the FamCamps, but unfortunately they offer no reservations.  Nevertheless, we will consider it.  Thanks for the idea.

Dave

obb_taurus

Good to know, I just don't trust any of these shops anymore, it's especially bad here in Canada, most shops up here are crooks.  When I had the problem with my control unit 10 years ago they sent it to HWH to be fixed and charged $2500 for a new one.  Lucky I had an extended service agreement which covered the cost but still, the guy was a frigging thief.  It's funny, just how you said, you wanted the rear checked and they checked the front, here I wanted an oil change and some maintenance like a chassis lube and for some reason he felt the need to check my leveling system.  That owner of the shop was the main mechanic but was he a piece of work, he tried to get the control box from a Signature to work with mine cause he obviously had it in stock and wanted to get rid of it and he mucked around for 3 days on it and I asked at one point if he could just bypass it so we could get back on the road but he said no, in the end, guess what he did when he couldn't get the Signature one to work, he bypassed it.   He really milked it, probably took in more money in those 3 days than he did in a month.  When I think back, it's sickening.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.