Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.

1 hour ago, BigNick said:

Hi Bob, I don't have the directional tv antenna, there's a stationary omni directional up there and way to rig this to work with that?

I'd have to see a picture to get a good idea of what you're working with. What makes the dish ideal is it's high gain but that makes it directional. So you have to be able to turn it to tune in the signal for best performance. Being able to change the elevation a bit is a bonus. You can think of it in terms of a shotgun or a sniper rifle. 

But...if there's WiFi out there, it will get it. I saw pricing on batwing antennas the other day from Winegard and they weren't that much. For me, Internet is vital so I'd certainly go as far as installing a batwing to get it. 

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Just for chuckle,  I carry a portable setup that got me wifi signal from distant ranger stations in complicated terrain with dead spots, it works.

20210524_141515.jpg

Thank you Ivan, pretty fancy, so basically what your doing there is bringing in any parks Wi-Fi (Not mobile data) to a router and that's it. Correct? You run and extension cord out to the router and power it. In your example one could really fancy with it and mount the antenna on some type of tripod correct?

7 minutes ago, BigNick said:

Thank you Ivan, pretty fancy, so basically what your doing there is bringing in any parks Wi-Fi (Not mobile data) to a router and that's it. Correct? You run and extension cord out to the router and power it. In your example one could really fancy with it and mount the antenna on some type of tripod correct?

Exactly as you say, Nick. You can go as far as your extension cord would reach, around a corner and mount the router/repeater in your view and range. It connects to the directional antenna with an ethernet cable.