Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/487-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

IOTA ITS-50R
tmw188
ISC fuel drip
Bill Hines
Cursed G2000 awning will not extend
wamcneil
ISC fuel drip
Ray Davis
Cruise control problem
Ivylog
EGT Gauge Added
tomgagne55
ISC fuel drip
JDCrow
New exhaust
moxy1962
New exhaust
Dr4Film
80R vs 75R??
woodylmiller
Suggestions for New Tires
woodylmiller
Driving a motor home
Steven P
IOTA ITS-50R
David Pratt
New exhaust
klcdenver
FishAR
New exhaust
vanwill52
EGT Gauge Added
cterryl@sbcglobal.net
directorsusa
New exhaust
moxy1962
Aftermarket engine oil dipstick tube
ready2retire59
New exhaust
gjh2916
Slide creeps in
Poohbear
Reattach lower shower door brackets
fredelkamp
Unknown cable
granvillebarker
Unknown cable
96 EVO
Mobley turns off after about 30 minutes.
duncan8846@att.net
Unknown cable
Gary Cole
Coolant leaking
powersltc
Unknown cable
KevinH
Coolant leaking
millionroy
Coolant leaking
vito.a
Coolant leaking
millionroy

IOTA ITS-50R
tmw188

I had the switch mentioned above in my last MH. I had a long time issue that I finally traced down and fixed. The board below the contactors has the logic in it and was a issue with the way the board fit up to the contactors. I never relied on it to be smart enough to safely allow power to be sent to the panel from only the genny or the shore, if I loss shore power. It hummed occasionally but not all the time and  wasn’t hardly noticeable.

ISC fuel drip
Bill Hines

I had a fuel leak and turned out to be my lift pump. Had it replaced. That fixed the problem.

Cursed G2000 awning will not extend
wamcneil

Are you getting voltage on the motor leads?

There are two little relays soldered onto the the control board, one for motor extend and one for retract. One of mine was sketchy and I could hear it click when I hit the button, but the motor would often fail to retract. 
I could verify 125v going to the relays, but no voltage to the motor output when the relay clicked.  
cheers

Walter

ISC fuel drip
Ray Davis

Lift pump fuel leaks was a frequent topic with many posts in the past, seems to have slowed lately.

Here is a post that may help.

Robert U

I had a fuel leak in the lift pump 2 years ago and I tightened the 3 bolts and leak went away. When it started leaking  again I had the lift pump replaced. A little over $1,000. Still had a leak at the pump. Turns out the connector on the fuel line that comes out of pump sending fuel back to the tank was leaking all over the lift pump. Replaced connector and all is good. Thought you would like to know the fix.

Bob U

Cruise control problem
Ivylog

Check that all the functions of the Smart wheel work…some may not. If not, start with the plug at the base of the steering column…remove and clean.

There is a Smart wheel troubleshooting procure using a blinking led on the controller in the FRB…takes two people.

While looking at the controller, check for a burnt headlight plug.

EGT Gauge Added
tomgagne55

I found this overall explanation of EGT, although I’m not qualified to speak to its accuracy I would tend to believe what is written.   https://www.dieselhub.com/performance/egt.html

ISC fuel drip
JDCrow

Thanks both

It’s not in the Lift pump (primer pump) area. It is the back of the main pump, on the distribution manifold, where the hard lines come out and run to injectors. 

I’ve already bypassed the lift pump with a FASS set up. 

This pic was in the link, I’ll put it in for reference 

Thanks again 

EDE8A0D0-E5FB-44BC-95D0-2DF1AA29BAA0.png

New exhaust
moxy1962
10 hours ago, vanwill52 said:

With the Cummins ECM, increasing boost pressure DOES NOT cause additional fuel to be delivered...DOES NOT cause additional fuel to be delivered...DOES NOT cause additional fuel to be delivered.  Would be nice if that were the case, but NOT SO.  Additional boost will lower EGT under all conditions, but the max programmed fuel from the ECM is not changed.  To increase power, you must increase fuel delivery and you will have to do that with an add-on device like Agricultural Solutions or similar.

It might seem reasonable that if the ECM sees higher boost, it will supply additional fuel, but it simply DOES NOT do that.  All you get from additional boost is the ABILITY to burn more fuel efficiently, but the Cummins ECM will not supply additional fuel no matter what boost pressure you achieve.  I increased my boost pressure from 22-23 PSI to 30+ PSI.  It lowered EGT considerably, but did not increase performance.  Adding the Ag Solutions "chip" increased power by a modest amount while raising EGT.  The increased boost kept the EGT at about the pre-chip temperature.

So you are trying to say that the engine uses the same amount of fuel at idle as it does at full throttle, that no matter what the demand, more power needs more fuel, afr and egt would say you are wrong, not sure where you are going with your assumption, but to make more power the engine burns more fuel, with turbo charged applications the demand for fuel increases dramatically to maintain an afr of between 14-1 and 16 - 1 for turbo applications, if the ecm did not add addition fuel the engine would lose power, there is a balance between egt, pollution and power , the ecm ensures clean burning powerful reasonable egt running, simple as that, the engine burns more fuel the higher the boost, your repeated comment that it doesn’t is wrong, I’ve never said once anything about exceeding engine parameters with respect to boost, fuel pressure or metering, 

New exhaust
Dr4Film

Van,

My Banks Power-Pack appears to have taken a dump on our trip to New Hampshire last May. We had stopped at a rest area about 150 miles from our final destination for the summer. Upon leaving the rest area I had absolutely no boost nor did I have any readings on my two Banks gauges, the EGT or the Boost. I pulled over to the side of the highway and installed the "bypass" plug that was given to me at the time of installation which bypasses the Ottomind ECM and returns the engine back to normal.

We drove the rest of the way to our jobs at Totem Pole Park with no problems. A few weeks later I checked the 5 amp power fuse to the Ottomind ECM to see if it had blown (as it had done before back in 2017 on our Western NP Trip) but it had not. I can only assume that the Ottomind ECM has now completely failed. I will do some more troubleshooting before we leave to return to Florida in October but I don't have my hopes up that I will find anything positive.

From posts that I have read on iRV2.com, others that had the Banks Power-Pack system installed have stated that their Ottomind ECM failed around the 6-8 year time-frame. I looked up when I had mine installed and it turns out that it had been working almost 8 years now as it was installed in July of 2013. Banks chose not to design their own proprietary ECM for the Power-Pack System as there wasn't enough of a market for them to recoup their research and design costs so I am SOOL.

Do you recommend the AG Diesel Solutions ECM for the Cummins ISC 8.3L with the CAPS Fuel System that you referenced in a post above?

I wish I could find something that would take the place of the failed Ottomind ECM utilizing the bigger turbo that Banks had installed and their gauges but that is only a pipe-dream.

Thanks!

80R vs 75R??
woodylmiller

Thanks to everyone.  I am in the Spokane area, actually a couple hours north.  Local Les Schwab are waiting for a delivery but not date when they might have them.  This is primarily a logging area and many of the trucks are running 24.5.  Hoping to get the Toyo M144's.  I'll stick with the 80's.  Current tires have aged out, they are now 7 years old but still plenty of tread and no sidewall cracking or other defects so I'm comfortable waiting for awhile.

Woody Miller

Just got a response from Simple Tire.  The Toyo's are out of stock.  Checking with some more online suppliers on Monday.  Nice how the websites advertise having tires then don't have them once you want to place an order.  We have two commercial tire companies in my town who carry Toyo's.  One tells me their supplies don't list the M144 tire, they don't know what it is.  ?????  The other is so far out of stock I'll will have to order them online, once I find them.  I tried to use Motorhome tires dot com that is advertised over on IRVII, but all I got was form letter responses that made no sense, I didn't call them.  The site asks you to use their sponsors but that went nowhere, again, very strange.  So Monday the hunt continues as time allows.  Just discovered a supply water line leak on one of the TECMA toilets, dang!!!  Always something.  

woodylmiller

I'm also looking for the Toyo's.  Motorhometires.com were no help to me, I couldn't get an answer on the tires or installers.  Simple Tire is out of stock.  Michelins are way over priced, by double.  Adding to all the confusion, I happen to notice yesterday that a previous owner put 275/80r/22.5 on all the rears.  The chassis tire chart clearly reads 295 all around, and there were 305's on the front when I bought it.  I'm still holding out hope for the Toyo's, I have until Sept. for our next trip to Southern CA for winter.  I believe this has more to do with the coming price increases than covid delays.  Or has the planet run out of rubber?  Increased demand = higher prices.  

Just checked Tiresdirect.net.  OUT of stock on the Toyo M144 295/80r's.

Driving a motor home
Steven P

I grew up towing things.  Boats, utility trailers, bush hogs and discs on tractors.  Largest thing I ever towed was a Contender 31 fisharound --probably about 40 feet counting trailers/motors behind my F250.  I always thought I'd have a travel trailer but my wife's small bladder always slowed us on trips so I saw the advantage of a MH.  Rented a 32' class C and put just over 1k miles on it in a week w/no issues (other than how loud it was and the sway/wander).  Bought our 40' Diplomat 2 weeks later and learned it by watching YouTube videos and as much online as I could.  After 3 years, I've only gotten a couple of curbs w/the rear tires but no damage.  Oh, and one PVC pipe and a few flowers in a turn one night.   Our maiden voyage was 9 hours to Disney w/no cameras, only half the gauges worked and I had only driven about 75 miles in it so far.  We left about dusk and of course it was raining.  Got blown off onto the shoulder by a semi in a curve and then had a motorcycle and a Honda challenging each other close to me.  Made it to our first stop and had a cold beer.  The next AM, I turned R instead of L bc I didn't think I could make the median turn.  Downtown Tallahassee was getting closer and closer when I found a church parking lot I could turn around in.  Next someone cut me off for their exit and that was close and next I saw lots of braking and swerving outside of Orlando in 4? lanes of traffic.  As I got closer I was able to avoid the Chevy truck's driveshaft laying in the middle of the interstate.  Got parked at Disney and another cold beer.  That maiden voyage got me learning to use the mirrors and rely on them and gave me the confidence I needed.  One time, I almost pulled over and stopped to reconsider this, but didn't and kept going and relaxed.  Now all my gauges work, most cameras work most of the time (lol) and I enjoy driving it.  I love learning and knew I could learn to drive "Larry" and have no regrets.  Still working FT so I don't get to use it as much as I hope to one day.  

IOTA ITS-50R
David Pratt

Another ATS to take into consideration is the SURGEGUARD Series of ATS/Surge Protection switches. The SurgeGuard 40250, 40350 and the 40450. These ATS switches combine the Transfer Switch and Surge Protection in one unit. They are a little pricey but offer great protection. These SURGEGUARD ATS Units are installed in most of the higher end Coaches such as PREVOST, NEWELL and FORETRAVEL. These SURGEGUARD Automatic Transfer Switch models are available with maximum spike current from 26,400A – 130,000A, and surge suppression from 2600 Joules – 3350 Joules.

The SURGEGUARD ATS Units are also Field Serviceable.

Here is some info and specs;

• Transfers to generator power automatically when energized after 30 second delay (generator mode). When both shore and generator power are available , generator dominates after a 30 second delay. Once generator shuts down, shore power activates after 3 second delay.
  • Total electrical protection from faulty park power
  • Provides protection against:
    • Power surges
    • Open ground
    • Open neutral
    • Low (<102V) and high (>132V) voltage
    • Reverse polarity
    • Miswired pedestal
    • High and low frequency
  • Multi-mode surge suppression
  • RVC communications allows instant display of voltage, current, and fault conditions on an RVC compatible device
  • Indicator lights on front of ATS indicate presence of input power for L1 and L2
  • Optional remote power monitor LCD Display (Part number 40299 sold separately)
    • Displays voltage and amp draw (RMS)
    • Easy to navigate faults in plain English
  • 65A, FLA mechanical interlocking contactors
  • UL approved – UL1008 full transfer switch rating
  • UL/CUL listed

New exhaust
klcdenver

I have the Ag Diesel Solutions on my 2007 ISL 400 and it is working nicely. I talked to them before I bought and it appears to do better than they claimed. Leaving in 10 days on a long trip where I can get a better test of it. It has a 30 day money back guarantee if you don’t like it. You should call and talk to them as I found them very helpful. 812-618-9168.

FishAR
1 hour ago, woodylmiller said:

I'm also looking for the Toyo's.  Motorhometires.com were no help to me, I couldn't get an answer on the tires or installers.  Simple Tire is out of stock.  Michelins are way over priced, by double.  Adding to all the confusion, I happen to notice yesterday that a previous owner put 275/80r/22.5 on all the rears.  The chassis tire chart clearly reads 295 all around, and there were 305's on the front when I bought it.  I'm still holding out hope for the Toyo's, I have until Sept. for our next trip to Southern CA for winter.  I believe this has more to do with the coming price increases than covid delays.  Or has the planet run out of rubber?  Increased demand = higher prices.  

Just checked Tiresdirect.net.  OUT of stock on the Toyo M144 295/80r's.

Did you call motorhometires.com or just email?

I'm thinking about buying the same size in Hercules from them.

I clicked a link about the local installer hoping I could find out who it is but all it's got me is a bunch of spam from them.

New exhaust
vanwill52
2 hours ago, moxy1962 said:

So you are trying to say that the engine uses the same amount of fuel at idle as it does at full throttle, that no matter what the demand, more power needs more fuel, afr and egt would say you are wrong, not sure where you are going with your assumption, but to make more power the engine burns more fuel, with turbo charged applications the demand for fuel increases dramatically to maintain an afr of between 14-1 and 16 - 1 for turbo applications, if the ecm did not add addition fuel the engine would lose power, there is a balance between egt, pollution and power , the ecm ensures clean burning powerful reasonable egt running, simple as that, the engine burns more fuel the higher the boost, your repeated comment that it doesn’t is wrong, I’ve never said once anything about exceeding engine parameters with respect to boost, fuel pressure or metering, 

NO!  I'm saying that no matter how high your boost pressure is above the "stock" configuration, the ECM will NOT deliver ANY additional fuel to take advantage of the increased boost BEYOND THE MAX IT IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED FOR.  At your STOCK boost PSI, the ECM will deliver a max amount of fuel that is programmed for that max STOCK boost.  Increase your boost above stock and the ECM will not deliver one iota more fuel.  Only Cummins INSITE software can change that.

The ECM delivers an amount of fuel based on throttle position, boost, and a few other parameters like intake manifold temperature, coolant temperature, etc.  But NOTHING (other than a "chip") will deliver one iota beyond the MAX fuel per injection that the ECM is programmed to deliver.  Re-read my post more carefully.

If it was as simple as increasing boost to increase performance, there would not be a "chip" industry.  All you would have to do is increase boost, the ECM adds more fuel because of increased boost...and VOILA!...you have more power.

You are talking about "theory", which I HOPED was true when I began this adventure.  I hoped if I increased boost, the ECM would recognize the additional boost and add more fuel.  ABSOLUTELY NOT.  I'm talking about lots of hours of EXPERIENCE, learning that the ECM will NOT add extra fuel just because I have raised boost pressure.  Increased boost will reduce EGT, but will not add additional fueling.  Without additional fueling, there is NO increase in power.  A few folks on this forum understand that principle.

I'm not trying to be rude, and certainly not condescending.  I'm simply stating a FACT that my EXPERIENCE has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt--raising boost will NOT increase MAX fuel delivery (and therefore CANNOT increase power).  If you wish to dispute that fact, please provide dyno statistics...before and after boost increase.  Your OPINIONS fall into the same category as my HOPES when I began increasing boost pressure.  I'm an engineer.  I trust FACTS.  The FACT is that increasing my boost pressure did nothing other than reduce my EGT.  I was disappointed.  I hoped the ECM would recognize the additional boost and supply additional fuel to take advantage of it.  NOPE.  I had to add a "chip" to get increased fueling...and performance.

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Van,

My Banks Power-Pack appears to have taken a dump on our trip to New Hampshire last May. We had stopped at a rest area about 150 miles from our final destination for the summer. Upon leaving the rest area I had absolutely no boost nor did I have any readings on my two Banks gauges, the EGT or the Boost. I pulled over to the side of the highway and installed the "bypass" plug that was given to me at the time of installation which bypasses the Ottomind ECM and returns the engine back to normal.

We drove the rest of the way to our jobs at Totem Pole Park with no problems. A few weeks later I checked the 5 amp power fuse to the Ottomind ECM to see if it had blown (as it had done before back in 2017 on our Western NP Trip) but it had not. I can only assume that the Ottomind ECM has now completely failed. I will do some more troubleshooting before we leave to return to Florida in October but I don't have my hopes up that I will find anything positive.

From posts that I have read on iRV2.com, others that had the Banks Power-Pack system installed have stated that their Ottomind ECM failed around the 6-8 year time-frame. I looked up when I had mine installed and it turns out that it had been working almost 8 years now as it was installed in July of 2013. Banks chose not to design their own proprietary ECM for the Power-Pack System as there wasn't enough of a market for them to recoup their research and design costs so I am SOOL.

Do you recommend the AG Diesel Solutions ECM for the Cummins ISC 8.3L with the CAPS Fuel System that you referenced in a post above?

I wish I could find something that would take the place of the failed Ottomind ECM utilizing the bigger turbo that Banks had installed and their gauges but that is only a pipe-dream.

Thanks!

Richard,

I suspect that you can talk to the folks at Ag Solutions and get a 12100 part number pre-programmed to take advantage of the additional boost the Banks "hot-rod" turbo provides.  I think they tend to be somewhat conservative.  Just like the Cummins ECM, their "chip" is programmed to provide only a specified amount of additional fueling.  You are like me, and I think you could keep an eye on your EGT gage and control EGT with throttle position and RPM.  They are not expensive, and they simply have an “extension cord” device that plugs into one of the three-prong connectors leaving the injection control unit.  It’s a very easy addition.  I have no doubt you could handle the installation yourself.  Just tell them you already have the Banks turbo and tell them what your boost PSI is.  Ask them to program your unit accordingly.

You have my phone number.  Call me if you have any questions.

Van

EGT Gauge Added
cterryl@sbcglobal.net

I do not have an exhaust temp gage on my motorhome but always had them on my trucks. Truck manufacturers will install them after the turbo because sometimes the probe will come of and then go through the turbo completely destroying it. I was told by Caterpillar and Cummins mechanics both that with the probe after the turbo that 900 degrees was about all you wanted. Occasionally would see it get that high on a steep grade or in a head wind. Just drop a gear to lower. The newer computer controlled engines it was hard to get it that high. The old non computer engines not so much. It depended on who had set the pump up. Not sure, but I think 1400 degrees is pretty hot. If I remember correctly 1200 will damage aluminum parts. They use to be called pyrometers

Air bag diagram for 1998 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga 37' ?
cterryl@sbcglobal.net

Two air valves on back axle. My guess would the valve it self or the connector on the rod from the valve has come loose. If you can hear air leaking it is probably the valve. The attachment on the end of the valve is a rubber piece. Easy to replace if you can get to it.

How to remove & replace Norcold 4 door ice maker
jackch9@att.net

Ice maker is leaking and creating an icle inside the freezer.  Figure I need to replace the ice maker.  Do I need to pull the Norcold out

to remove the ice maker?  I see two screws at the top and two under the ice maker but I assume there is wiring behind the ice maker.

How can I get the wiring disconnected?

Thanks

Jack H

2005 Holiday Rambler, Vacationer  37PCT

jackch9@att.net

JDCrow

Mine is removed, but I bought it that way. I can take any pics you need to see what was done.

directorsusa

Simply typing "m144 toyo" in google shows a few retailers online - Onlinetires.com & Simpletire.com state they have in stock @ $465.79 & $465.99. Also, I dont know where you are located, but maybe try to google "truck tires near me". 1st question is to see if they sell truck/18-wheeler tires, then ask if they have or can order Toyos and then ask to order the M144 295/80r's. They might try to talk you into the 75s but just tell them you need the weight ratings of the 80s. 

Let us know how your search goes.

Jarred A. 

04 HR Nav.

John Haggard

I went to Lowes And bought the exact replacement except the wiring harness. 

There are several YouTube videos describing how to wire the new one up.

No

You don't remove the fridge 

Norcold from the dealer.

$160 or 80.

Lowes $20 or 40. Don't recall. 

That was 4 or 5 years ago.

Dr4Film

Maybe this Bulletin will help.

Also here is the service manual for the Norcold (aka NotSoCold)

Norcold Icemaker Bulletin.pdf

Norcold Service Manual.pdf

New exhaust
moxy1962
1 hour ago, vanwill52 said:

NO!  I'm saying that no matter how high your boost pressure is above the "stock" configuration, the ECM will NOT deliver ANY additional fuel to take advantage of the increased boost BEYOND THE MAX IT IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED FOR.  At your STOCK boost PSI, the ECM will deliver a max amount of fuel that is programmed for that max STOCK boost.  Increase your boost above stock and the ECM will not deliver one iota more fuel.  Only Cummins INSITE software can change that.

The ECM delivers an amount of fuel based on throttle position, boost, and a few other parameters like intake manifold temperature, coolant temperature, etc.  But NOTHING (other than a "chip") will deliver one iota beyond the MAX fuel per injection that the ECM is programmed to deliver.  Re-read my post more carefully.

If it was as simple as increasing boost to increase performance, there would not be a "chip" industry.  All you would have to do is increase boost, the ECM adds more fuel because of increased boost...and VOILA!...you have more power.

You are talking about "theory", which I HOPED was true when I began this adventure.  I hoped if I increased boost, the ECM would recognize the additional boost and add more fuel.  ABSOLUTELY NOT.  I'm talking about lots of hours of EXPERIENCE, learning that the ECM will NOT add extra fuel just because I have raised boost pressure.  Increased boost will reduce EGT, but will not add additional fueling.  Without additional fueling, there is NO increase in power.  A few folks on this forum understand that principle.

I'm not trying to be rude, and certainly not condescending.  I'm simply stating a FACT that my EXPERIENCE has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt--raising boost will NOT increase MAX fuel delivery (and therefore CANNOT increase power).  If you wish to dispute that fact, please provide dyno statistics...before and after boost increase.  Your OPINIONS fall into the same category as my HOPES when I began increasing boost pressure.  I'm an engineer.  I trust FACTS.  The FACT is that increasing my boost pressure did nothing other than reduce my EGT.  I was disappointed.  I hoped the ECM would recognize the additional boost and supply additional fuel to take advantage of it.  NOPE.  I had to add a "chip" to get increased fueling...and performance.

Richard,

I suspect that you can talk to the folks at Ag Solutions and get a 12100 part number pre-programmed to take advantage of the additional boost the Banks "hot-rod" turbo provides.  I think they tend to be somewhat conservative.  Just like the Cummins ECM, their "chip" is programmed to provide only a specified amount of additional fueling.  You are like me, and I think you could keep an eye on your EGT gage and control EGT with throttle position and RPM.  They are not expensive, and they simply have an “extension cord” device that plugs into one of the three-prong connectors leaving the injection control unit.  It’s a very easy addition.  I have no doubt you could handle the installation yourself.  Just tell them you already have the Banks turbo and tell them what your boost PSI is.  Ask them to program your unit accordingly.

You have my phone number.  Call me if you have any questions.

Van

I never said it did? Never once said anything about exceeding factory set parameters, all I ever said was stock exhaust or not, my machine makes 28 lbs of boost, anyone who puts free flowing exhaust will see no gains in boost or performance, just louder, perhaps re reading  my posts would add some clarity 

Aftermarket engine oil dipstick tube
ready2retire59

I have a similar problem.  My dip stick tube on my '03 Windsor broke by the clamp that holds the tube at the top of the engine near where the tube flares to accept the securing part of the dip stick itself.  I was able to install a small piece of hose with claps at each end to hold the tube together for my last trip.  Cummins was no help since the tube and dip stick were installed by Monaco and the length is determined by the application.  The rest of the tube seems to be in sorry shape too rust wise.  Does anyone know if there are any Monaco specs as to the length and possible part number of the tube?  Thank you.

Tony Chiulli

'03 Windsor,  '05 Ram Pickup

Ivan K

You can disconnect the wiring after undoing the screws. I replaced ours few years ago for like $30, from Walmart online of all places. These are pretty universal for that era and prices are all over the place. 

New exhaust
gjh2916

I had a Banks Power Pak System on my ISC 8.3 coach and four years ago the the controller bit the dust. Was told by Banks they no longer support my system and controller were not available. I disconnected the the controller and wiring harness, left the banks turbo, and waste gate. I installed a USDIESELCHIP Controller which I purchased from TS Performance in Bowling Green KY. I am well pleased with the performance and fuel  mileage. The only thing is I can't turn it all the way up because if I do engine warning lights come on. If I set it about 2/3rds of the way it preforms perfect 

Slide creeps in
Poohbear

Yes I looked behind the trim and saw a hyd cylinder and a sissor mechanizem behind there. Y’all think the solinoid is the culprit that lets it come back in?

fredelkamp

Does anyone know how to reattach the lower shower door brackets? mine have slowly come off and now none of them are attached as you can see in the pictures.

Shower 1.jpg

Shower 2.jpg

Shower 3.jpg

Gary M

Maybe unhook top, slip in bottom and pull up to set top rollers in. Just guessing!!!

jackch9@att.net

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help.   This site is super.

Jack H

2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer  37PCT

Unknown cable
granvillebarker

That’s a VGA cable, probably hooked to one of the inputs on your TV, someone probably kept their laptop hooked to it in that cabinet.

Unknown cable
96 EVO

Like others have already mentioned, it's for an older satellite control box.

duncan8846@att.net

We have had our Mobley for around 7 years without a problem. We leave it on 24/7 in the coach even when not using the coach. Just recently, itt has been shutting down after about 30 minutes or so. I have to unplug and reinstall then it works fine for another half hour + or - .  I had named it when we first got it , also changed the PW. I noticed several days ago that when I went to wifi on my iPad, the Mobley was listed as Mobleyxxxx and it reverted to the original password. I was able to rename it back to how I had it and reset the password. But, the dang still shuts down.  

I know that the new devices have a auto shut down if the vehicle is not in motion. I understand that is so people like us don’t use it in a stationary vehicle. 

has anyone had this problem and of what is your work around?

thanks

Duncan H. 
2014 Entegra Anthem 

former 2005 Windsor 

Unknown cable
Gary Cole

What is it they say about economists?😏 Ask 2 a question and you will receive 3 correct answers. Monaco drawing #38051218 shows an audio video controller with two 15 pin cables routed to the TV which allows the Aladdin system to use the TV as a monitor. Still don't understand the missing pin at 7 which is called out in the standard. Didn't see anything which referenced the satellite system

Ivan K

No such problem with ours, yet. Always on. And now I probably jinxed it...

Coolant leaking
powersltc

Ron P., 2004 Monaco Executive 

My 2004 Monaco Executive leaks coolant after driving/running.   It does not run hot.   Today,  the low water began buzzing. 

Tomorrow,  I will let it run and see if I can identify leak location.   Any ideas/suggestions?

Unknown cable
KevinH

I’ve owned the coach for four years never really thought about it before. I replaced my TV about three years ago I don’t remember seeing a plug like that plugged into the old TV. Still haven’t found the other end of it. When I bought it had an old satellite dome  dish on top that the dealer took off. Everything electronically works that I use. At some point before I owned it it had a CB radio and a Wilson Wi-Fi booster. 

Coolant leaking
millionroy

I would check the return lines to the expansion tank.  I have been down that road with a $600 expansion tank and the "technicians" failed to recognize and replace those lines which return to the top of the tank.

Coolant leaking
vito.a

Which engine?

I would get a good light and start looking.  Focus on the drivers side.  One of the radiator hoses is most likely.  

Coolant leaking
millionroy

8.3 liter isc on the top of the plastic tank to the left of the radiator /CSC .  There are two 90 degree brass fittings on the top of the plastic tank.

I can't believe how many different issues I've encountered with "gotta have a diesel"

Kongsberg Chassis Control Module CCM mx shop
Bob125

I am in Tennessee and not able to take the coach to Rev in Oregon or Premium Coach Group in AZ.

Does any know of any Kongsberg CCM expertise or shop East of the Mississippi?

My current symptom is I have no Module Active lights on the back of every CCM switch group.  I think there is 9 of them, mostly 3 button modules.

Some functions work and some do not.  I've checked all fuses and reset the system by removing power.

I do have extra switch modules and replaced the first group on each daisy chain but that did not light up the module active lights.

In addition to the CCM switch groups, I also do not have power to the backup monitor and the Kenwood in dash radio/gps/monitor.

Thanks for any help, Bob...

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.