Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/490-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

IOTA ITS-50R
Ray Davis
IOTA ITS-50R
Gary M
Mobley turns off after about 30 minutes.
duncan8846@att.net
Delamination
tcbrow
Delamination
JDCrow
Dual Pane Windows
Bob125
Adding a Pull-down Awning
Joe E.
Delamination
FishAR
Delamination
JDCrow
Ivylog
Wrayj1
Delamination
FishAR
Dual Pane Windows
Ivan K
Delamination
Ivan K
Delamination
JDCrow
Delamination
Ivan K
Delamination
FishAR
Delamination
JDCrow
Johnny Mo
Delamination
Gary 05 AMB DST
Delamination
tcbrow
Delamination
JDCrow
Delamination
JDCrow
Delamination
Ivan K
Delamination
Ivylog
Dual Pane Windows
Rick A
Dual Pane Windows
Ivylog
Dual Pane Windows
Dave Houchin
Dual Pane Windows
jacwjames
IOTA ITS-50R
Tom Cherry
Dual Pane Windows
Rick A
Dual Pane Windows
jacwjames
woodylmiller
duncan8846@att.net
New tires coming..........
woodylmiller

Dr4Film

Duncan,

Haven't seen a post of what firmware version your device is running.

I looked up mine, the version is VM6200V1.0.3

Also, after AT&T pushed a firmware update some years ago removing the "never" choice for when it times out the longest selection is now 2 hours which I have chosen. But it has never timed out or turned itself off ever.

I have had to unplug the device on rare occasions when it appears to have lost its cellular connection.

IOTA ITS-50R
Ray Davis
6 hours ago, dirtydeeds said:

I guess my biggest question is this:

do I just take off all the leads on the gen side and swap to Ats, the do the same on shore power side? And that’s it? Or is there other stuff that needs to be tracked down and swapped?

It's been a few yrs for me but I believe that's about it.   However,  those wires are stiff and uncooperative,  so it's a little bit of a wrestling match.

You need to kill all power or it might kill you.   I suggest unplugging from shore,  gen off, and disconnect battery ground cables.

Question On Replacing Ride Height Control Valve
rudder
13 hours ago, Ivylog said:

The H frame (2X4” tubing)  is what holds the axle and the bottom of the 4 airbags. The 4X4s goes between the H frame tubing and the main rails inside of the airbags.

How busy is it out West you asked.
JDCrow

Not bad here in the CO (Central Oregon). The Dip is about 1.5 hours south and is clear. 

Grab an app called “Fires” in the App Store for up to date info. 

ACDF0E51-1CAA-4B52-8199-D978032D5A57.jpeg

69DD7E11-3B45-4BF7-B926-5A3CFA5DB1EF.jpeg

Route Planning to Mesa Verde NP via CO 160 west from I-25 junction
mandms59

All

Thank you for the feedback. We will plan on that route and see how the driver and our 400 ISL does with the passes....

R/mark

IOTA ITS-50R
Gary M
On 7/15/2021 at 6:40 PM, Scotty Hutto said:

It would be worth a call to Navistar…

Ok all watching this thread!!!

I want to thank Tom, David, Scotty, Frank and all who contributed to this thread. (I think Frank did. If not, I’m sure he thought about it.)

Bottom line like Tom said “we are on our  own”. Navistar said they have no open cases. NHTSA has no open cases and REV is not responsible for anything prior to their purchase of Monaco/Holiday Rambler.

So both Tom and David have good info and whether u agree or not or are dazed and confused, just do your due diligence and good luck!!!

PS: Norcold has been replaced. Next Iota.

Question On Replacing Ride Height Control Valve
Larry Laursen

If you disconnect the air line going to the ride height valve the air pressure for the suspension will be lost.  You should drain down the air pressure before removing the lines from the ride height valves.

If you disconnect the air line going to the ride height valve the air pressure for the suspension will be lost.  You should drain down the air pressure before removing the lines from the ride height valves.

duncan8846@att.net

Richard,

my version is the same as yours, VM6200 V1.0.3.  I looked in settings there is nothing for setting time outs. All I have to do is shake the Mobley or wake it up. But of course when you are in the middle of something it is a PIA when it goes to sleep o you

duncan

Rick

Thanks for the  info. I finally found the “power save” location in settings. It now gives me half hour intervals up to 2 hours. No option to leave it on indefinitely don’t know if I can get t back. I’m sure ATT won’t be of any help. It has worked great for all the time we’ve had it. Trying to think of a device to shake it very hour or so while we are stationary to make it think we’re still on the road. Maybe one of those things that keep self winding watches running while not being worn, like Rolex (and no, I don’t have one of those) 😊

Duncan

Delamination
tcbrow

2001 Diplomat, I had to remove the driver's side window to send it out for defogging. While it is out I thought I'd try to do something about the bit of delam in that body panel. All I can really think to do is inject epoxy in there with a syringe. Does anyone have any better ideas or helpful hints?

Delamination
JDCrow
6 minutes ago, tcbrow said:

2001 Diplomat, I had to remove the driver's side window to send it out for defogging. While it is out I thought I'd try to do something about the bit of delam in that body panel. All I can really think to do is inject epoxy in there with a syringe. Does anyone have any better ideas or helpful hints?

Pics? I was under the understanding that the walls on Monaco’s are hung 

Dual Pane Windows
Bob125

I am trying to increase the overall insulation of our 2009 Beaver Marquis.  Currently all our side windows are single pane.

Is it general consensus that dual pane windows do provide additional insulation and less heat load into the coach?

Has anyone changed out single to double pane?  Is it even possible or is the frame and side walls not conducive to a change out?

I have read on some coaches the dual pane windows are problematic, losing seals, fogging, etc.

Lot's of questions, trying to do research.  Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciative.  Bob...

Joe E.

Anyone added a pull-down awning to a window that does not have an awning?  The large hallway window in my 08 HR Ambassador 40 SKQ allows a high amount of heat and I would like to add an awning to the window.  I have found a couple of sources such as https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/products/sl-window-awning.html.  Anyone have experience with add-on awnings such as this?  Are there other manufacturers who provide better quality, IYOO?  Thanks.

Delamination
FishAR
1 hour ago, JDCrow said:

Here's a video of a repair of a winnebago (monaco years).

Delamination
JDCrow
9 minutes ago, FishAR said:

Here's a video of a repair of a winnebago (monaco years).

I follow him as well, and poured over that video. But it is a laminated wall, not a hung wall. So I’m still under the impression Monaco used a hung wall. I believe only Newmar still builds its coaches with a hung wall. 

That is a Filon wall if I remember right. And Monaco is Fiberglas/gel coat? 

Ivylog

Yes, on several previous TTs. How long/wide is the window? I’ve added a Oasis electric lateral arm awning over the driver’s side window on this and previous DP… paid less than $150 on EBay for them. Been looking unsuccessfully for a small (plenty of big) window pull down awning to go over the window in the bathroom so I can leave it open when it rains and keep the sun out.

Wrayj1

Joe,  we have the '07 version of your coach.  I talked with Dometic and they gave me part numbers for an awning that will work with that window configuration.  I plan to install it this winter while we are in Arizons. Here  us the info Dometic gave me.   They said it was a complete awning system  hardware, awning fabric etc.

Model #85690EE.0780-UK

Monaco, HR, Beaver, and Safari Diesel Pushers with a bath and a half...
sunriseranch2000

I'm quite happy with my current coach and still working to improve it, but always thinking about what would I get next *if* something happened...

I'm trying to keep a list of potential candidates...  Monaco Diesel Pushers from 2005-2008 (i.e., original Monaco Coach Corp coaches) that have a bath-and-a-half floorplan (my DW's requirement).  Here's what I have so far:

• 2006 Diplomat 40DST (my coach)
  • 2005 Windsor 40DST
  • 2007 Dynasty 43 King III
  • 2007 Signature 45 Noble III
  • 2008 Camelot 42DSQ
  • 2008 Dynasty Renaissance IV
  • 2008 Signature Cambridge IV

My "wish list" includes Aquahot and side radiator...  Do y'all know of any others?? Holiday Ramblers, Beavers, and Safaris would all be on my list...

Just curious if I've missed any bath-and-a-half coaches from that time range with aquahot and side radiator...

This group always seems to come up with answers I haven't thought of, so I thought I'd put it out there... ;-) 

Scotty

Scotty Hutto

I'm quite happy with my current coach and still working to improve it, but always thinking about what would I get next *if* something happened...

I'm trying to keep a list of potential candidates...  Monaco Diesel Pushers from 2005-2008 (i.e., original Monaco Coach Corp coaches) that have a bath-and-a-half floorplan (my DW's requirement).  Here's what I have so far:

• 2006 Diplomat 40DST (my coach)
  • 2005 Windsor 40DST
  • 2007 Dynasty 43 King III
  • 2007 Signature 45 Noble III
  • 2008 Camelot 42DSQ
  • 2008 Dynasty Renaissance IV
  • 2008 Signature Cambridge IV

My "wish list" includes Aquahot and side radiator...  Do y'all know of any others?? Holiday Ramblers, Beavers, and Safaris would all be on my list...

Just curious if I've missed any bath-and-a-half coaches from that time range with aquahot and side radiator...

This group always seems to come up with answers I haven't thought of, so I thought I'd put it out there... 😁 

Scotty

Delamination
FishAR
11 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I follow him as well, and poured over that video. But it is a laminated wall, not a hung wall. So I’m still under the impression Monaco used a hung wall. I believe only Newmar still builds its coaches with a hung wall. 

That is a Filon wall if I remember right. And Monaco is Fiberglas/gel coat? 

I guess I don't know the difference, but am interested in knowing.

Especially how my Monaco is made.

Wrayj1

Scotty,  we have an '07 Rambler Endeavor 40 SKQ. I have a brochure for the 8 floorplans for the '07 Rambler Endeavor, none of the 8 have 1 1/2 baths.

96 EVO

The '08 H.R Scepter DSQ also had the bath and half. 

They changed the rear cap / hood design for the '08 Scepter, that allows for much improved engine compartment heat dispersal, which for some reason, The Camelot never got.

Dual Pane Windows
Ivan K

How thick is your single pane glass? Thick enough for double pane to fit in frame channel? Our double pane is just a hair less than 7/16 measured at the sliding half.

Delamination
Ivan K
2 hours ago, JDCrow said:

So what would, you call this wall? One pic of drivers window opening, the other is window in the slide.

IMG_20171108_110054.jpg

IMG_20171026_202344.jpg

cbr046
2 hours ago, duncan8846@att.net said:

Maybe one of those things that keep self winding watches running while not being worn, like Rolex (and no, I don’t have one of those) 😊.

That just opens up all kinds of ideas, first being something I can't even think of a name for.  It has a tiny water pump that slowly fills a basin on the short end of a lever (middle fulcrum).  On the other end is a bird's head or something decorative.  When the basin fills and gets heavy enough it moves the lever, dumps the basin water into a reservoir and repeats.  The mobley could be attached to the balancing point on the lever.  If nothing else it would make a GREAT conversation piece!

Or on a platform run by a tiny (very) quiet motor on a cam . . . .

Or attached to a pendulum.  Got any grandfather clocks in your Entegra? 

This should be a Monacoer Group project.  Chime in guys!

- bob

Delamination
JDCrow
7 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

So what would, you call this wall? One pic of drivers window opening, the other is window in the slide.

IMG_20171108_110054.jpg

IMG_20171026_202344.jpg

Is there luan between the out side fiberglass and the aluminum framing? 

35 minutes ago, FishAR said:

I guess I don't know the difference, but am interested in knowing.

Especially how my Monaco is made.

So my understanding, which is often limited, is the hung wall is Fiberglass glued directly to the wall framing. So there is more framing versus a vacuum bonded wall where the foam and Luan are sandwiches and the foam becomes “structural”. So less framing or even wood framing is used instead of steel or aluminum.

Here is a quick video of Monaco back in the day. It doesn’t show the outside wall being built, but shows how the roof is built and again, it’s my understanding wall we’re built same. 

Delamination
Ivan K
2 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I would say yes, thin layer that looks like plywood,  same on the inside. It's been few years since I resealed the windows and the pics are all I have.

Delamination
FishAR
11 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

So my understanding, which is often limited, is the hung wall is Fiberglass glued directly to the wall framing. So there is more framing versus a vacuum bonded wall where the foam and Luan are sandwiches and the foam becomes “structural”. So less framing or even wood framing is used instead of steel or aluminum.

Here is a quick video of Monaco back in the day. It doesn’t show the outside wall being built, but shows how the roof is built and again, it’s my understanding wall we’re built same. 

Thanks, I just found the 2007 monaco camelot brochure, it shows the outside fiberglass going directly on the wall studs.

Delamination
JDCrow
4 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I would say yes, thin layer that looks like plywood,  same on the inside. It's been few years since I resealed the windows and the pics are all I have.

Ok I haven’t pulled any windows on mine to be 100%. I only say this as I purposely sought a Monaco/HR because of the way they were built. I haven’t seen one delaminated. If it’s around a window, then perhaps the glue/adhesive has lost the bond on that framing. 

Again, I’m going off what I’ve researched having never seen the construction first hand. 

Johnny Mo

You might try Girard, good quality. Have them on my Dynasty...

Dr4Film

Put a hamster in a wheel cage and let him run as much as he wants. Less complicated.

Delamination
Gary 05 AMB DST

My 05 Ambassador's passenger side roof beltline caulking dried out and cracked. It caused the luan to delaminate. I wasn't aware of this potential problem and never checked it. This was within 4years since bought new.  All those days facing east with the sun beating on the roof. I watch it closely now.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Delamination
tcbrow

Thanks for the replies. I watched both videos and am not prepared to go that far. Minor delamination under the window and extra, added sealant around the window frame tell me that it was leaking. The delamination was a small area and wasn't causing any problems. I just thought I might try something while I had access. Thinking more about it injecting epoxy probably won't do much to help the issue without replacing the luan. Thanks again for the discussion.

Delamination
JDCrow
4 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

My 05 Ambassador's passenger side roof beltline caulking dried out and cracked. It caused the luan to delaminate. I wasn't aware of this potential problem and never checked it. This was within 4years since bought new.  All those days facing east with the sun beating on the roof. I watch it closely now.

Gary 05 AMB DST

So there was luan between the metal framing and the fiberglass delaminated away from the luan? 

1 minute ago, tcbrow said:

Thanks for the replies. I watched both videos and am not prepared to go that far. Minor delamination under the window and extra, added sealant around the window frame tell me that it was leaking. The delamination was a small area and wasn't causing any problems. I just thought I might try something while I had access. Thinking more about it injecting epoxy probably won't do much to help the issue without replacing the luan. Thanks again for the discussion.

I agree, can’t hurt. Anyway to clamp it to being it back straight? 

Delamination
JDCrow

Thanks everyone, I’m trying to figure out the construction to learn how to best care for my coach. Can never know enough 

Delamination
Ivan K
31 minutes ago, tcbrow said:

If you use a slow curing epoxy, it will soak into the wood and if you clamp it good, with a wide board, you will never know it was there. They use those for restoring boat transom etc.

Delamination
Ivylog

On our 04 dynasty had a delamination area of back right hand side of the motorhome. Finally figured out that the drain on the rear air conditioning was causing the water separation… It was not a leak that could be sealed.

Drill a small hole at the bottom of the separation and by pressing on the fiberglass skin I could pump the water out… there has to be a solid backing, probably thin laun plywood. Thought about drilling several holes at the top of the separation and putting in a waterproof liquid glue but the area was small enough I never got around to trying that.

House Batteries not charging while under way.
Dave16131

Thanks for the tips, I ordered a new big boy relay off Amazon, it's old and probably the original. Already took it apart once and rebuilt it 6 months ago. Only cost $140, not to bad. If it doesn't fix it I'll move on to the next.

Thanks!

Dave

Dual Pane Windows
Rick A
5 hours ago, Bob125 said:

I am trying to increase the overall insulation of our 2009 Beaver Marquis.  Currently all our side windows are single pane.

Is it general consensus that dual pane windows do provide additional insulation and less heat load into the coach?

Has anyone changed out single to double pane?  Is it even possible or is the frame and side walls not conducive to a change out?

I have read on some coaches the dual pane windows are problematic, losing seals, fogging, etc.

Lot's of questions, trying to do research.  Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciative.  Bob...

Great question. Our Diplomat is double paned and some of them have “popped” and now have moisture in them. I did find an article on replacing the them but it seam like an expensive operation. Let’s see if somebody has the answers.

Dual Pane Windows
Ivylog

I find it hard to believe that a 09 Marquis has single pane windows. My 04 Dynasty had dual and my 08 Navigator does too BUT they are not very thick… like 3/8” total thickness. Have you looked at a end of a sliding window?

Dual Pane Windows
Dave Houchin

I have a Monica Signature noble lll and it had all double Payne windows. A couple in front failed . Monaco wanted $750 plus shipping for one. The other was not available. I replaced them with laminated tented glass at a reasonable price. 
A lot of the new motor homes no longer use thermal windows account of the failure problem . Recommend  you don’t replace the windows with thermal glass. Because of the thickness of the thermal panels, there is not that much heat or AC loss.

Dave Houchin

Dual Pane Windows
jacwjames

I had 3 windows fog and repaired them myself buying most of the materials from DK Hardware.  Wasn't hard, did in 2015 and they are still all good.  Cost ~$100. 

As to modifying single pane windows making them dual pane, I'd be surprised unless the width of the tracks would allow for it.   Then finding the correct width aluminum frames would difficult at best.  I would suggest calling some window repair facilities and see what they say.   

A little surprised that a Beaver Marquis didn't have dual pane windows.  Wonder if someone made them single pane.  I'd looked at a 2007 Beaver Marquis Moonstone, really liked the layout but if it doesn't have dual pane windows it's off my wish list.

IOTA ITS-50R
Tom Cherry
17 hours ago, dirtydeeds said:

I guess my biggest question is this:

do I just take off all the leads on the gen side and swap to Ats, the do the same on shore power side? And that’s it? Or is there other stuff that needs to be tracked down and swapped?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/727384/Iota-Its-50r.html?page=2#manual

The IOTA 50R, when you remove the cover, will have a GROUND tab or lug on the LEFT SIDE... The wiring is subdivided as follows. There will be FOUR terminals per section.  HOT L1 BLACK; NEUTRAL WHITE; HOT L2 RED and GROUND GREEN.  You MUST follow that convention when you reinstall.... The three sections, left to right, are..

GENERATOR

SHORE or POWER or LINE CORD

LOAD OR MAIN PANEL OR CIRCUIT BREAKER

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1731127/Esco-Lpt50brd.html?page=2#manual

The ESCO LPT50BRD has three main leads or the cables in a different order.... LEFT to RIGHT, they are

LOAD or MAIN or CIRCUIT BREAKER PANEL

GENERATOR

SHORE OR POWER OR LINE CORD

SO....you have to do a little tugging and pulling and then rearrange the cables.

The order of the terminals is different
WHITE - Neutral

HOT TWO (Line 2) RED

HOT ONE (Line 1) Black

NOW....on the RIGHT side of the box, NOT SHOWN in the manual, but it is on AMAZON.....there is a GROUND TERMINAL BLOCK.  Therefore, you have to strip back the outside jacket, probably 10" or so, and then you run the THREE GROUNDS to that terminal block. You will probably have to cut off the three insulated leads and restrip them to get them to fit inside.

This was NOT a major job. I used masking tape to label each of the three lead or the jacketed ones. THEN, you follow the convention of Line 1 is BLACK; Line 2 is RED and Neutral is WHITE and the Bare is GROUND (or it would have been GREEN).

Here is the Amazon link which has a better photo of the interior....

https://www.amazon.com/Elkhart-LPT50BRD-Automatic-Transfer-Switch/dp/B007HS0ONG/ref=asc_df_B007HS0ONG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312146506965&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6836412353768694194&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009731&hvtargid=pla-491530624460&psc=1

Esco also has a very good trouble shooting manual that explains things. NOTE....I DID NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS OR DO ANYTHING. The LPT50BRD comes set up almost exactly like the IOTA 50R. Richard Smith and the older folks like me can go on for HOURS about how IOTA or TODD was developed and then TODD when broke....and how IOTA came into being and how LYGHT was actually the Techie folks....and that LYGHT design is what ESCO bought and is marketing.... 

If you opt to put in the HW50C, you need about 2 ft of Service Entrance Cable (jacketed or a "Romex" cable). It has THREE Stranded #6 Copper insulated conductors and a #10 Ground. SOME Monacos used a #6 or maybe a #8 Ground....and some just had the #10 Ground. The #10 Bare meets code....so buy this....Home Depot and Lowes sells it. You will need about 2 1/2 Ft of LiquiTite or SealTite flexible 3/4" conduit. You will need to purchase TWO 3/4" fittings in a STRAIGHT and a 90 Deg....so you have flexibility. You will also, unless Progressive has changed, need adapters.  These are just large Fender Washers. The OD is 1 1/2" and the ID is 3/4". These washers are for the inside of the HW50C so that the 3/4" fitting work....very easy....

Good Luck.... DO NOT FORGET THE GREEN LOCTITE.....

Dual Pane Windows
Rick A
14 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I had 3 windows fog and repaired them myself buying most of the materials from DK Hardware.  Wasn't hard, did in 2015 and they are still all good.  Cost ~$100. 

As to modifying single pane windows making them dual pane, I'd be surprised unless the width of the tracks would allow for it.   Then finding the correct width aluminum frames would difficult at best.  I would suggest calling some window repair facilities and see what they say.   

A little surprised that a Beaver Marquis didn't have dual pane windows.  Wonder if someone made them single pane.  I'd looked at a 2007 Beaver Marquis Moonstone, really liked the layout but if it doesn't have dual pane windows it's off my wish list.

Could you let us know how you did them?

Dual Pane Windows
jacwjames
2 minutes ago, Rick A said:

Could you let us know how you did them?

Here is a post I did on IRV2.  I had done quite a bit of research and reached out to a couple other members for advice. 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dont-wait-too-long-246255.html

The hardest window as the drivers side with the slider, mostly because it was pretty heavy to handle myself. 

woodylmiller

ATT replaced the Mobley with the Spark, which we have.  Same problem, shut down after 20 to 30 minutes, unplug, restart and keep going.  We use the reboot time to refresh a drink, get something to eat etc.  A pita, but it's better than RV park wifi.  Since getting a Cradlepoint cell router however we hardly use the Spark.  But all in all, the reboot time wasn't the worse.

Woody Miller

woodylmiller

We have the bath and a half and a side radiator.  2009 Dynasty Regal IV.  It was built in 2008 from what all the chassis tags say, chassis may be older, ISM 500 without the DPF or DEF.

Woody Miller

duncan8846@att.net

Bob and Richard,

thanks for the ideas. I was thinking of hanging it from a string with a toy mouse attached and the cat could keep playing with the mouse thus moving the Mobley.

Woody, good idea, but I don’t know if I have that much JD 🥃

Duncan

woodylmiller

Took several days, many phone calls, and websites claiming to have the tires when they didn't, but, 8 TOYO M144, 295/80r/22.5's are on their way.  $4,100 total delivered to my house.  Shipped via FedEx and should be here in 2 or 3 days.  Got them from "tires-easy.com".  Girl said they had "a lot" of them.  I had given up on finding the TOYO's and was going to go with Falken's, motorhometires.com told me that there were 11 of that size tires in North America.  Another dealer told me less than a dozen Michelins and fewer yet of the TOYO's.  No tire shop within 100 miles of me had my size tires and they had no idea when they could get them.  I will say that I could buy 295/75r/22.5 all day long.  I took Frank's advice and stuck with the 80r's, a big thank you to Frank, his wisdom and knowledge is priceless.

Reason for lack of tires, no shipping containers.  Rumor is Amazon has under contract or bought most of the containers, therefore no way to get the tires here.  Also, they are expecting a 20 to 30% price increase when the tires do get here.

So, for tonight there is reason to celebrate in the Miller household.  New tires, before inflation hits.  The TOYO's were $431 apiece before some of our state fees.

Woody Miller

Ivylog

The current fad of bath and half was only getting started in those years. I would only want that feature in a 42’ or longer coach…Dynasty or above. In 08 the YORKSHIRE IV (1 of 2) is a1.5 with the 500 ISM. Even the 08 Sig only had one 1.5 floor plans.

I’ll take my 81” J lounge (laying in it currently) in our 08 Navigator Caspian 1.25 bath over the 72” one in the 1.5 Bismarck any day.

No interior lights, No power to AC controllers, Overhead Fans not working, everything else ok
Patrick

Yesterday, my first day with my 2002 Monaco Dynasty Baroness, all the interior lights and overhead fans worked fine. I turned off the batteries last night and on again this morning.  Now none of the interior lights work. There is no display on the AC Comfort Control 5 button controllers and the overhead fans don’t work. Everything else works. The step, step cover, shades, awning, microwave, plugins and tv work. I should mention that I am not plugged in to shore power. Inverter is on, batteries now at 93% up from 82% after running the generator.  I turned off the inverter and batteries and started them all up again  

The battery cutoff switch and the Lights switch beside the entry door are On. I checked the Lights switch and jumpered it with no change. I cannot measure any current across it. 

No breakers are tripped. I can’t see any burnt out fuses. 

I am stumped. Looking for help! Thanks. 

Joe E.

Thanks for the inputs.  I am hoping the resident awning guru Mr. Throgmartin will also chime in.

Delamination
Chargerman

There is a very thin Liam layer that is boded to the fiberglass. Delamination with this material usually is caused by water intrusion that deteriorates the Liam and it looses its bond to the fiberglass skin

RIPPPA

Cool. I ordered 8 Toyo’s for myself today. 

No interior lights, No power to AC controllers, Overhead Fans not working, everything else ok
Patrick

Ok. Everything works again. Must have been a bad connection with a fuse in the closet panel. I removed and replaced each one and now the lights, AC and fans work again. 

whew!

Micro-air Thermostat
KenAVTech

I installed one in my 2003 Camelot, works like a charm! Plug and play. I really like the blue tooth app as you can do everything from your iphone. Wifi is okay, but it depends on local internet strength! Also installed their Soft Starts on both roof units. I like them!

Frank Bergamo

Scotty, 

the Beaver Marquis Amethyst has 1 1/2 bath in the years you are looking at. A very nice coach with side radiator and Aqua Hot. C-13, 525 HP equipped thru 2006, C-15, 600-625 HP equipped in some 2007-2009 models. Hope this helps.

2000 Dynasty Dash AC Compressor: not kicking on
Mary & Glenn

I was able to borrow a vacuum pump and gauge set from ORiellys. So tomorrow I get to add a new skill to my resume. Fingers crossed there are no broken components and all goes well. I did get a handful of schrader cores to replace the old ones. 

trailmug

Re: the receiver/dryer.. there's a cake of desiccant in it that absorbs any residual moisture. If the system lost its charge it would have taken on air/humidity and saturated the desiccant. You might be able to bake the old one in the oven in a pinch. If you do get a new one, you can cut open the old one to get an idea of the condition of the system. This is what mine looked like. Gross. That oil should be clear. 1585084113_IMAG121901.thumb.jpg.d0c6628423e7224c68c641a1ec0b2243.jpg

I hear you re: the new skill.. I ended up with a recovery machine, cylinder, and an EPA license out of working on our coach (charging liquid from a 30lb cylinder is way, way easier). 😛

Delamination
JDCrow
1 hour ago, Chargerman said:

There is a very thin Liam layer that is boded to the fiberglass. Delamination with this material usually is caused by water intrusion that deteriorates the Liam and it looses its bond to the fiberglass skin

Sounds like luan needs to be eliminated from the process. Still used extensively today. 

I know my slide boxes have it in them, as they came apart but really didn’t delam. The Guardian plates fixed the issue very well 

Thanks for chiming in, goes back to keeping water out, at all costs 

Mary & Glenn
6 minutes ago, trailmug said:

Re: the receiver/dryer.. there's a sack of desiccant in it that absorbs any residual moisture. If the system lost its charge it would have taken on air/humidity and saturated the desiccant. You might be able to bake the old one in the oven in a pinch. If you do get a new one, you can cut open the old one to get an idea of the condition of the system. This is what mine looked like. Gross. That oil should be clear. 1585084113_IMAG121901.thumb.jpg.d0c6628423e7224c68c641a1ec0b2243.jpg

I don’t recall seeing a round thing that size. I’ll check in the morning.  Is it up front on the outside of the firewall? Is it a readily available part? I live in the mountains with a tiny NAPA store for the ranchers. It’s a 2 hour round trip to the closest real town so getting parts isn’t super easy. 

trailmug

Should be something the size of a tall boy beer, between the condenser and the TxV (should be the other end of the hose you pictured earlier).

See if NAPA still has the MEI/AirSource catalog.. it has a ton of truck A/C parts. That's where I got mine. 

http://www.meicorporation.com/pdfs/Driers09.pdf

The switch is MEI 1512 or 1513, depending on the threads. 

If you're ordering parts, grab some oil, too.. The Sanden oil is MEI 8248 (presuming you have a Sanden compressor.. that info was in my coach info sheet). It's recommended to put a couple oz in the receiver if you replace it. 

cbr046
48 minutes ago, Mary & Glenn said:

I did get a handful of schrader cores to replace the old ones. 

I may be wrong but I think those Schrader cores are different than tire valve stem cores.

Can anyone confirm?

- bob

Dual Pane Windows
Rick A
3 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Here is a post I did on IRV2.  I had done quite a bit of research and reached out to a couple other members for advice. 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dont-wait-too-long-246255.html

The hardest window as the drivers side with the slider, mostly because it was pretty heavy to handle myself. 

Thanks Jim, you just convinced me. I’ll do this job under your “shadow” guidance.

trailmug

The scraders look the same to me, but I never paid them much mind.. their job is to keep the system from dumping when the cap / switch is removed, but otherwise they don't do a lot -- the O ring is the primary seal.

If you're pro, you use a core tool to remove them in order to make vacuuming faster but I've never bothered with it.

Dual Pane Windows
Bob125

Well, I feel really stupid.  I've never checked and "assumed" since my driver electric up/down window was single pane that the rest of the coach was single pane.  After the responses to this thread, I went and checked and we do in fact have double pane windows on all the side windows.  None have fogged by the way.  So, I can take this off the mod list.  I'm still underway adding insulation to the cap, engine compartment, front dash and inside as many cabinets and side walls I can get too.  I'm not happy with the really hot days.  It's not while stationary as it stabilizes pretty cool.  My issue is the coach does not hold temperature and heats up while rolling down the road.  I run the genset with all 3 A/C's plus dash air and have confirmed they are cooling down, it's just the heat load takes over.  I've looked for leaks as well.

Thanks for all the responses.  Problem solved on dual pane windows as I already have them.  Thx, Bob...

IMG_0789.jpg

duncan8846@att.net

So Woody,  Where do you get them installed?  I hope whoever it doesn’t stick it to you for installation costs

Duncan H

former 05 Windsor owner now driving a 2014 Entegra Anthem

Ivan K

U

3 hours ago, RIPPPA said:

Cool. I ordered 8 Toyo’s for myself today. 

Curious what DOT date you get. When I called, they could not even guarantee this year. Hopefully the old stock was already sold out.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.