Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/495-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Outside temperatures
Steven P
2003 Dynasty slide switch
MHRookie
Turbo problem
top flight
Outside temperatures
Chuck B
Outside temperatures
Ivylog
Load Shedding
Dr4Film
Ivylog
Transmission Control Module Location
burghere66
burghere66
Turbo problem
allphase8
coolant filter
miacasa_2000
Paul A.
coolant filter
Dr4Film
Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000
Sparks under the rear
John Haggard
Turbo problem
top flight
Windshield wiper motor
Donflem
Windshield wiper motor
Ray Davis
Sparks under the rear
JDCrow
oil drain plug washer
obb_taurus
TES 668 synthetic ATF
Mel S - '96 Safari
Windshield wiper motor
top flight
Windshield wiper motor
bobdinsmore
TES 668 synthetic ATF
Dr4Film
Inverter Issue
cbr046
oil drain plug washer
bobdinsmore
EGT Gauge Added
Testdepth
oil drain plug washer
Robert U
oil drain plug washer
cbr046
EGT Gauge Added
CRY1942
oil drain plug washer
Hypoxia
oil drain plug washer
obb_taurus
Inverter Issue
jacwjames

Outside temperatures
Steven P

I thought I'd post an update after adding foam gaskets to my ACs and also drilling holes in the shroud where holes were optional to allow the hot, fan blown air to escape easier.   Much better!!  Yesterday the heat index here was just over 100 and the bedroom was actually cycling on/off staying at 72 degrees.  The front unit ran the whole time but kept it comfortable around 77 deg.   My front area has always been harder to keep cooler like all these motorhomes.  The one thing I could use some help with that has started since I made these changes is I have a drip from only the front AC.  When I added the foam, I checked it over good and saw no blockages.   When I remove the inside cover, the drip appears to be condensation coming off the blower housing.  I tightened the 4 housing bolts w/no success in stopping the drip.  I haven't tried opening the register fully at the AC to dump the air there as it gets so much louder.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.  

Driver side drops within 30 minutes after leveling
willbo777

Give Valid a call, they have good customer service.

MHRookie

All,

Can anyone point me to where I can find a replacement switch for the from hyd slide?  It’s a wider black rocker switch style.  
thanks,

Kurt

Turbo problem
top flight

Both the above make sense.  The shop that installed the turbo had problems calibrating it.  I will get that checked ASAP.  I will also try to trace the wiring and check that out.  I'll post the solution once I have it.  Thanks to all who replied.

Outside temperatures
Chuck B

Let me add something to this thread.  Has anyone opened up the area where the air flow leaves the AC going into the duct?  You might be surprised to see what you find.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Outside temperatures
Ivylog

Congrats on increasing the cooling and the condensation. I would say the drain line is plugged…it comes out in front of the left front tire and is probably white in color. I would try running a wire up it to open the plug.

Load Shedding
Dr4Film
16 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

I can't read the #'s on Todd's relays, but they could be these??? https://www.google.com/search?q=g8p-1a4p

These single pole normally open relays seem to be popular in my coach in a lot of places on various Intellitec boards.  To fix a random engine shut down issue, back in 2018 I paid (overpaid) 11.38 for 2 of them because shipping was more than the parts, but I could only find them online.  I have no clue if your board uses a normally open or normally closed design.

The EMS board uses NC relays such that once the amp draw gets to a certain level the appropriate relay will OPEN shutting down that device reducing the amp draw of the coach.

Ivylog

Usually NW Supply is recommended but I’m a EBay type. It’s probably a Carling rocker switch and I would try matching it up to one of the many pictured on EBay.

burghere66

Trying to track down the location of the Transmission Control Module.  My transmission has lost it's power.  I'm at Interstate Power Systems in Omaha where they are working on it.

Gary B. 

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Brett63

It should be right on the side ot the transmission. typically on the drivers side of it.

burghere66

We found it inside the panel just to the left side of the drivers seat.

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Check Transmission Light, no gear selection light??
burghere66

Fuses all check out.  They have pulled the Transmission Control Module and are checking it out now.

Magnum IntelliDrive engine monitor on '98 Beaver Patriot
waterskier_1

Take a look at BlueFire's web site, they show adapters for older connectors.  You must have an electronic controlled engine for it to intercept the electronic signals.  https://bluefire-llc.com/store

John Haggard
29 minutes ago, burghere66 said:

Fuses all check out.  They have pulled the Transmission Control Module and are checking it out now.

Great 👍

Report back 

Turbo problem
allphase8

There is control module that tells the turbo to come on or up.  I had an issue where when I started engine if there was hardly any boost the turbo would not come on. Cycling the from engine off to start after several attempts cleared the issue and ran fine until shut down, then may or may not occur when starting again.  Never happened while driving if I had boost when starting engine.

Cummins replaced the module and no problems since, this was several years ago.

Ron

2006 Camelot

400 ISL

burghere66

The Transmission Control Module will not even power up on their in-house test system.  They connected  their test module to my system and the engine starts and the systems are working.  They are now trying to find a replacement module for my coach.  They said they cost several thousand dollars.  I'm waiting to hear back from their parts manager on the cost and time frame.

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

The new TCM is $4,100, programmed and installed.  

13 minutes ago, burghere66 said:

The Transmission Control Module will not even power up on their in-house test system.  They connected  their test module to my system and the engine starts and the systems are working.  They are now trying to find a replacement module for my coach.  They said they cost several thousand dollars.  I'm waiting to hear back from their parts manager on the cost and time frame.

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

water valve in bay; backflow valve failed
ERNIEMA

Thanks to one and all.   I think I now have enough info that a handy person friend of mine can fix it for me.  Btw, a repair shop near me had about 52 jobs ahead of me .... had me pay $100 to get in a shorter line... supposedly refundable.... so I am now #26....  the country and industry are both short of help but here in Mich people can still get $300 a week into Sept if unemployed.... just facts... no opinion from me... but it doesn't make sense.

Thanks again.   btw My microwave needs to get teplaced... I will post separately.   And finally, we are in Manistee MI but the White Lake tornado was 1.5 miles from our house. The heavy rain caused the water to rise in my canal and my pontoon boat floated off my lift structure.... a neighbor put it back the next day.... my home genny provided thr power... 

coolant filter
miacasa_2000

A short while ago I was reading in the digest about our coolant filter and antifreeze and there was something about doing it quick as to the loss of coolant and I thought I've done it twice now and never had any come out. Over the weekend I got my Cummins book out for something else and looked there for coolant recommendations and saw how to change the filter and there is a 1/4 turn stop valve that you rotate from vertical to horizontal . Under I go and sure enough it was there on the horizontal position. I took over doing all that type of service work myself about 20,000 miles ago checked my records and the last shop that did it all was 31,000 miles ago so assuming they did it and not the shop before them I have 31,000 miles with the coolant filter shut off. Last fall before I did the work I got new test strips and my coolant was in range (another thing I learned on this site.) so I continued with the same coolant filter. Anyway I returned it to vertical position started it up and checked for leaks all good there. Anything else I should look for? I hope I got lucky before damage was done it has gone across the country and back like this ran great and no overheating.

Roy 2003 Dynasty  ISL 400

20210725_131627.jpg

Paul A.

nwrvsupply.com or findmyrvparts.com 

coolant filter
Dr4Film

No damage done other than throwing away unused filters that never did anything while the valve was closed.

As long as the DCA level has been maintained at the proper level plus there should not be a lot of junk in your coolant fluid to filter out.

So all is good!

One word of caution, if the valve is hard to turn on that side then use the one on the oil filter side otherwise you may damage the valve and have to replace it. Two different Speedco's had damaged my coolant filter valve so I had to have Cummins replace it twice.

To use the other side you have to remove the oil filter first.

John Haggard
1 hour ago, burghere66 said:

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

The new TCM is $4,100, programmed and installed.  

Pay to play.

Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000

Last winter  my daughter and 2 granddaughters came to see us off and immediately called to say sparks and fire were under the coach. I stopped and found nothing nor smelled nothing. So we started again with them on the phone and it started again as soon as we were moving, again I looked everywhere and especially at moving items like driveshaft, wheels found nothing. So the third time and yet again now I'm frustrated so my granddaughter gets out to go ahead and record it for me this time nothing these three stops and starts take about 4 or 5 hundred yards. Now I'm at a place where I'll be on a main street thru town so they follow in the car and thru the whole town with the stop and starts nothing so on to Fl. we went. When leaving FL. this spring had a friend watch and nothing.

Read some stuff here about some chassis failures and things dragging , broken welds, Etc.  I got the coach jacked up and have looked everywhere still nothing. 

Could it have been tag axel brakes stuck for a little bit? when I left it rolled from the get go fine not like a hang up but maybe the tag axel I wouldn't notice.

Best I can tell my coach was made in Coburg plant # 10 start date 5/10/02 delivered sometime in July . Of course has the S series 10 bag chassis not sure if this has the problems that were discussed here before.

Any thoughts ?

Roy 2003 Dynasty

Sparks under the rear
John Haggard
6 minutes ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Last winter  my daughter and 2 granddaughters came to see us off and immediately called to say sparks and fire were under the coach. I stopped and found nothing nor smelled nothing. So we started again with them on the phone and it started again as soon as we were moving, again I looked everywhere and especially at moving items like driveshaft, wheels found nothing. So the third time and yet again now I'm frustrated so my granddaughter gets out to go ahead and record it for me this time nothing these three stops and starts take about 4 or 5 hundred yards. Now I'm at a place where I'll be on a main street thru town so they follow in the car and thru the whole town with the stop and starts nothing so on to Fl. we went. When leaving FL. this spring had a friend watch and nothing.

Read some stuff here about some chassis failures and things dragging , broken welds, Etc.  I got the coach jacked up and have looked everywhere still nothing. 

Could it have been tag axel brakes stuck for a little bit? when I left it rolled from the get go fine not like a hang up but maybe the tag axel I wouldn't notice.

Best I can tell my coach was made in Coburg plant # 10 start date 5/10/02 delivered sometime in July . Of course has the S series 10 bag chassis not sure if this has the problems that were discussed here before.

Any thoughts ?

Roy 2003 Dynasty

My wife was following me in Florida one morning 🌄 bright sunshine.

She called and told me to pullover 

Flames out the back she said.

I found nothing 

This happened 3 times.

I finally figured that it was the sun's reflection shimmering on the rock guard .

Problem solved. 🤗🤗🤗

Turbo problem
top flight

Thanks Ron, I will definitely try this and report back.  Coach in storage right now so may not be able to try it until next weekend.

vito.a

Glad you found it.  Most of the TCM's are mounted to the main basement compartment ceiling. They are covered by the gray felt board.  

There should be a dedicated wire from the battery to the transmission module.  I'd check the fuse in it.  

Monaco, HR, Beaver, and Safari Diesel Pushers with a bath and a half...
Ivan K

That makes sense, thank you Woody and Scotty.

Windshield wiper motor
Donflem

So yesterday as I was coming into Reno my windshield wiper started messing up.  I’m wondering if the motor might be going out it’ll go up a little bit and then stops and it doesn’t wanna go back down to the park position. I was wondering if anybody knew the part number Are had any suggestions thanks.

Don

Windshield wiper motor
Ray Davis

Have you looked in the parts list?   You should down load the list if you haven't already done so.    In case you don't know about it,  look near the top of this page and find downloads,    that will take you to all kinds of good stuff along with the parts list that Frank McElroy has so graciously organized and maintained for dummies like me

Ivylog

I would research the problems with the 2 toilet systems before buying into a bath and half… not one of the nicer things to work on.

Sparks under the rear
JDCrow

You are on the right track. Anything that comes in contact with the ground or stuff that moves (wheels, drive shafts)

I’ve overheated semi brakes using Johnny bar to brake the trailer. The drums bright red and linings on fire, but no sparks. But it’s not to say that you had a brake lining come apart and have metal grinding in there. 

Just a word to wise, with fire season, any of us would be in the hook for millions $$$$ if it was found out we sparked a fire with our gear. Stay safe out there

Jon__C

Transmissioninstruments.com repairs them. 

MrAmbassador

Oh my goodness! Yes, keep the old one and have it repaired as Jon mentioned. This will be your back up. If you had time you could shop around. I was quoted $900.00 for a used one in Waco, TX. Thank God it was just the grounding of it. 

oil drain plug washer
obb_taurus

I'm trying to change the oil on my coach, it's actually the first time I've attempted this cause everyone says its easy and you can save yourself a lot of money.  Only problem is, no one mentions that you may not be able to get your oil drain plug out.  I'm not sure if corrosion is the problem or if the retard who did my last oil change jerked that plug really tight. Whatever the case, I started soaking it with PB Blaster yesterday evening so I'm hoping that will do the trick.

I noticed there is a washer present for the drain plug and looking on the Cummins website under the parts list for my engine it shows a copper washer.  Not sure if that's what's on there right now but since that area is exposed to the elements while driving and corrosion can happen, is a copper/steel washer the best thing to be used for the is application or is there a washer made from another material which is better for this application?

Thanks

Mike B
01 Dynasty

Windshield wiper motor
top flight

I had a similar problem on my Vacationer, may possibly be the cause of your troubles too.  Took a look at the linkage and found that it was rusted.  Sprayed liberally with WD40 and it solved the problem. Then sprayed with lithium to prevent further rust problems.

Windshield wiper motor
bobdinsmore

You might want to check the linkages for a loose nut or screw.

TES 668 synthetic ATF
Dr4Film

Mel, I think Allison recommends either TES-295 or the new & improved TES-668 for their Allison Transmissions for On-Highway use.

The TES_668 just became available in January this year so it is still fairly new.

Inverter Issue
cbr046

Have you tried the microwave (or other kitchen appliance) on shore power at any time in this process?  I wonder if the the GFCI has a short, triggering the shutdown before the breaker can trip . . . .

Just a WAG

- bob

oil drain plug washer
bobdinsmore

Oil plug washers are copper. You might try to smack the wrench handle with a sharp hammer blow or an impact wrench to remove the plug, starting at low torques to prevent stripping or mechanical damage.

EGT Gauge Added
Testdepth
On 7/16/2021 at 4:20 PM, CRY1942 said:

Added an EGT Gauge, Start & Domestic Battery Monitor and USB Charger.

This is on a mechanical Cummins, C8.3, have always been curious about EGT temperatures, today was my test drive day.
Pulling out of storage, I usually go slow for a time to let the engine warm up. The EGT moved almost immediately from 250 degrees at idle to 450 degrees.
Rolling down the road on flat pavement the EGT stayed about 900 degrees.
Was surprised how sensitive the EGT is to accelerator changes, small rolling hills, increased accelerator pressure to maintain 60 MPH and EGT climbed to 1100 degrees immediately.
As soon as I crested the hill and backed off the accelerator the EGT immediately dropped back to 900 again.
From a stop sign, foot on the floor, EGT went to 1100 degrees, as soon as the pedal was released, back to 900 degrees.

I have no idea if these measurements are about average or what to expect.
1300 degrees is the danger point so I have read.
I can see, pulling mountains, the importance of the EGT Gauge on a mechanical engine.
I am guess, those with electronic engines the Engine Computer will take care of the injector fuel flow and EGT temperatures.

Thought this might be of interest to my fellow mechanical Cummins owners.

Travel safe.

EGT Project.jpg

I just added EGT to my ‘96 Windsor C8.3 as well. Discovered very similar readings, however was a bit alarmed that temps immediately jumped to over 1300 going over mountain passes in the northwest. I had to back off the throttle to keep temps in the 1200 range. Totally stock C8.3/275 HP engine w/70k original miles. 
Assuming the new gauge is accurate that is very concerning that it would be very easy to generate damaging EG Temps.

High fuel pressure (never saw that before)!!!
cbr046
On 7/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, Cubflyer said:

The Inverter could be the problem, causing the generator to "overload" and it auto shuts down to protect itself....  I think that is basically what mine was doing.... the generator was unable to "accelerate" to meet the load (due to fuel starvation) and would auto shutdown and throw the 3-6 code...

My generator had not been run in about 8 weeks until I let someone use my uwave yesterday (I run a gas gen while boondocking unless I need AC).  It started easily, power came up (batts were low + fridge so ~12A load) and ran until (possibly when the uwave came on) it quit suddenly.  3 flashes but didn't see a secondary code.  Tried to restart, wouldn't start.  Then one last attempt maybe a minute later it cranked up and ran the uwave.  On the way home I ran the HW heater + 1 AC and it ran fine. 

I did have an issue with contaminated fuel clogging the primary engine filter.  The gen filter might be next.  

jacwjames, maybe when you blew the gen line back into the main tank you let loose a gaggle of foreign material that the primary engine filter picked up that kicked off your engine while fueling.  I would expect more serious symptoms, but this could be the start of it all. 

- bob

oil drain plug washer
Robert U

Those washers  can be found at most auto parts store

Bob U 2000 Dip

oil drain plug washer
cbr046

Copper will compress and seal around the head of the nut.  You're supposed to install a new copper washer every time it's compressed.  I don't, but that's on a small motor . . . .

- bob

Cubflyer

Bob,

I blew my gen fuel supply line out back into my tank... I do not believe "jacjames" has yet... I suggested he try it...

When I got my coach the fuel in it was black... seems to be cleaned up now after the install and running of the FASS filter/pump system and "bioBore" treatment... and now clearing my gen supply line..

fingers crossed..

Ken

EGT Gauge Added
CRY1942

Mike; I agree, temperatures can soar quite quickly. I was surprised how quickly temps can climb and how quickly temps reacted to throttle input. Climbing a mountain most likely will require one to "back off" less fuel being fed to the Cummins and shift the Allison down to a lower gear, will move more water through the radiator. We are making our first trip this week to the beautiful Texas Hill Country and am looking forward to using and monitoring the EGT.

Route Planning to Mesa Verde NP via CO 160 west from I-25 junction
Mary & Glenn
On 7/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, mandms59 said:

Glenn,  we are on a timeline due to reservation availability in CO & NM in Sept.  we are staying at USAFA Family camp for 14 days and will be taking a few day trips to include Garden of the Gods/ Royal Gorge railway trip  ( Was happy to see Ray Davis endorse the ride above) and a few other biking excursions while there.  

We will keep your trip routing highlights/suggestions handy for our next stop through as we have friends in Denver area we visit (Lived in Arvada for 2 yrs before I retired from construction management and we started FT in Mar 2020).

R/ Mark

Mark, Glad to hear you were able to get a spot to camp at USAFA and thank you for your service to our great nation! Our son is a graduate of the Academy and after flying C130's he ended up returning to the Academy in an administrative role. It is a great place to visit and if you like to hike the mountains there are some great hikes from the Academy grounds, the Stanley Canyon trail up to Stanley Lake is a favorite.

Enjoy your travels around CO! Glenn

oil drain plug washer
Hypoxia
1 hour ago, bobdinsmore said:

Oil plug washers are copper. You might try to smack the wrench handle with a sharp hammer blow or an impact wrench to remove the plug, starting at low torques to prevent stripping or mechanical damage.

My ISX uses an "O" ring Cummins 4331267

oil drain plug washer
obb_taurus

I was a little concerned about it needing to be a copper washer, I have been trying to find one with no luck.  I have some metal ones but I don't know if they will be okay to use.  Does anyone know if I could use the metal washer I have?

Thanks

jacwjames

Haven't blown the line yet.

But yesterday I ran both AC and the water heater, and plugged the refrigerator into the none inverter outlet.  The generator ran fine.  I left both the L1 & L2 breakers off to the generator. 

I would be surprised if I had contamination in the fuel.  The FASS system pumps 100 gpm and only a small portion is used by the engine.  The fuel pressure still reads ~16psi when I start the engine and only drops to ~13psi on a hard pull.  I would have thought if there was contamination the primary filter on the FASS would be showing a restriction. 

Inverter Issue
jacwjames
2 hours ago, cbr046 said:

Have you tried the microwave (or other kitchen appliance) on shore power at any time in this process?  I wonder if the the GFCI has a short, triggering the shutdown before the breaker can trip . . . .

Just a WAG

- bob

Haven't tried the microwave since it would run off the inverter and drain my batteries.

I am home now and will start troubleshooting tomorrow.  Drove ~560 miles today, a little wore out!!!!

Inverter Issue
cbr046
2 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I am home now and will start troubleshooting tomorrow.  Drove ~560 miles today, a little wore out!!!!

Sitting in a barcalounger watching scenery go by?  606 miles until 3 am then 201 miles this am.  Just woke up from the nap 😉

- bob

oil drain plug washer
MrAmbassador

I would not recommend a steel washer. You want a soft metal between the pan and bolt head. It helps with sealing, protects from rusting and seizing. I to do not replace, but just use it again and again. 

Load Shedding
tmw188

If I could find the relays I might try one. If they are NC I should be able to test them pretty easy if I pulled the board off. Being it’s bypassed and nothing is plugged in I should be able to remove it seems? 

Exhaust Repair / Replacement 2005 Monaco Diplomat
Rick A

Had anybody got some advice on repairing / replacing the exhaust?

3B15D7D5-E456-4EF6-A4F1-FB96EA128E7D.jpeg

Outside temperatures
veraken
12 hours ago, Steven P said:

I thought I'd post an update after adding foam gaskets to my ACs and also drilling holes in the shroud where holes were optional to allow the hot, fan blown air to escape easier.   Much better!!  Yesterday the heat index here was just over 100 and the bedroom was actually cycling on/off staying at 72 degrees.  The front unit ran the whole time but kept it comfortable around 77 deg.   My front area has always been harder to keep cooler like all these motorhomes.  The one thing I could use some help with that has started since I made these changes is I have a drip from only the front AC.  When I added the foam, I checked it over good and saw no blockages.   When I remove the inside cover, the drip appears to be condensation coming off the blower housing.  I tightened the 4 housing bolts w/no success in stopping the drip.  I haven't tried opening the register fully at the AC to dump the air there as it gets so much louder.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.  

Didn't  know there were locations for optional  holes. Any pictures? 

klcdenver

Just replace it all from the turbo. If you can weld it is pretty easy job. You can order all parts on Amazon. I changed mine out to an Aero Turbine muffler and no noticeable change in sound. Mine is all stainless steel now from turbo. This setup is at least 25 pounds lighter than the muffler you have and less restrictive.

14459408-0512-41D0-9938-398DF2E7BA89.jpeg

Electric lock on sewer access door won't open
Alan Hale

I'm sure this has happened before but I'm not having any luck searching for it.

I was preparing to move out in the morning and have found that the basement door for access to my sewer connection will not open. All of the other electric locks are behaving. When I try to use the key it will not budge. I tested it on the door next to it and it works fine.

I've tried spraying inside with WD-40 silicone but it hasn't made any difference. The bottom of the door will lift out but the two upper latches are latched solid.

One of the hose access plugs could probably be unscrewed from the bottom to get to the inside but I don't know how to unlatch it from there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alan

IMG_6553.HEIC

John Haggard
8 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

Just replace it all from the turbo. If you can weld it is pretty easy job. You can order all parts on Amazon. I changed mine out to an Aero Turbine muffler and no noticeable change in sound. Mine is all stainless steel now from turbo. This setup is at least 25 pounds lighter than the muffler you have and less restrictive.

14459408-0512-41D0-9938-398DF2E7BA89.jpeg

I Ordered an Aero stainless Resenator 

$300. I think ? Maybe $200.

That was 5 years ago.

Maybe the TOTAL cost $400. At most 

The rest I got from local NAPA 

Balance tire & wheel or not
woodylmiller

Concerning the Dynabeads, do you put the beads in every tire?  or just the steer tires.  From the chart it looks like 12oz per tire.  thanks,

Woody Miller

Brett63
7 hours ago, vito.a said:

Glad you found it.  Most of the TCM's are mounted to the main basement compartment ceiling. They are covered by the gray felt board.  

There should be a dedicated wire from the battery to the transmission module.  I'd check the fuse in it.  

Mine is right on the drivers side of the transmission. Why would they mount the TCM that far away.....lol

Rick A

Thanks John. Mine is a top in, side out version 12 9  huge 30”. 

Outside temperatures
Ray Davis
1 hour ago, veraken said:

Didn't  know there were locations for optional  holes. Any pictures? 

DOMETIC 3314471.001 Penguin Shroud Assembly - Polar White you can buy them with or without the holes.

Samsung RF197 not cooling fridge
Rich Cutler

I have had the same icing problem with an LG french door.  The doors did not always close tight because the adjusting screw changed over time with opening and closing.  Readjusted to solve problem.  To defrost, I put a blower fan directed at inlet at top of back wall.  that eventually defrosted in 4 to 5 hr without taking it all apart.  Freezer was working OK just refrig was at 47 to 50.  Lot of water collected in bottom of refrig section.     Yep, the doors must close tight and fit properly.  Happened more than once.

That LG is home unit.  No issue with my RF 197

Scotty Hutto
9 hours ago, Ivylog said:

I would research the problems with the 2 toilet systems before buying into a bath and half… not one of the nicer things to work on.

Haven't had an issue with mine in the >4 years I've had a coach with two toilets... yet.  My main concern would be if the macerating toilet in the back bathroom failed. I've done enough maintenance on it to know how it works, the routes of the piping, etc.  But it is a mechanical device, so...

Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
15 hours ago, Steven P said:

... also drilling holes in the shroud where holes were optional to allow the hot, fan blown air to escape easier.   

You knew we would want pictures, right?  Or maybe a video on YouTube of how to drill said holes. 🙂 

John Haggard
5 hours ago, Rick A said:

Thanks John. Mine is a top in, side out version 12 9  huge 30”. 

Yes

Mine was also, about 60 lbs as I recall.

Rustisted out like yours. 

I spent two - three hours one day  removing it all up to the Turbo. 

The next day a friend and I installed the new simpler version. 

Fortunately he was a good welder with a nice shop a mile away. . That was a great help because I was in a campground in Florida.

Not home with the farm shop available. 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.