Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/496-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Windshield wiper motor
dandick66
coolant filter
miacasa_2000
Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000
Balance tire & wheel or not
Dr4Film
Transmission Control Module Location
dl_racing427
Sparks under the rear
John Haggard
2003 Dynasty slide switch
Dr4Film
Load Shedding
Dr4Film
Outside temperatures
Steven P
Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
oil drain plug washer
hitechpete
jacwjames
Windshield wiper motor
lake49068
Great Service report
Brett63
Great Service report
Dr4Film
oil drain plug washer
cbr046
coolant filter
frankogrly
coolant filter
Dr4Film
Load Shedding
tmw188
Windshield wiper motor
Donflem
EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52
BennieH
Ray Davis
Dr4Film
Windshield wiper motor
Paul A.
Great Service report
Paul A.
Condencer drip
Rikadoo
Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000
coolant filter
frankogrly
Condencer drip
Bob125
Condencer drip
Bootlegger
Oil blowback at Oil fill tube ISL400
mandms59
Condencer drip
Ivan K
Condencer drip
Hypoxia
Load Shedding
tmw188
Load Shedding
Dr4Film

Exhaust Repair / Replacement 2005 Monaco Diplomat
John Haggard
5 hours ago, Rick A said:

Thanks John. Mine is a top in, side out version 12 9  huge 30”. 

Yes

Mine was also, about 60 lbs as I recall.

Rustisted out like yours. 

I spent two - three hours one day  removing it all up to the Turbo. 

The next day a friend and I installed the new simpler version. 

Fortunately he was a good welder with a nice shop a mile away. . That was a great help because I was in a campground in Florida.

Not home with the farm shop available. 

Windshield wiper motor
dandick66

I noticed my wipers were barely moving.  When I got home I disconnected, cleaned and lubed the linkage.  Wipers work fine now.  I did find the motor info and saved it just in case.  Here it is…

https://www.amequipment.com/shop/230-series-dc-gear-wiper-motor-4yyt5-9pm67

Dan D

2012 Diplomate 43DFT

coolant filter
miacasa_2000

Thanks good to know I turned it back to vertical very easily  

Roy  2003 Dynasty

Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000

Thanks the weird part is this happened after sitting 8 months and every thing was ice cold and after couple hundred yards it ended and never came back.

Roy 2003 Dynasty  

Dr4Film

I had them in all six tires of my Windsor for many years until 2019 when I went to replace the four drive tires I switched over to Balance Masters as the cost was only a little bit more than the Dyna Beads with shipping to my house in Florida. My steers were replaced in 2017 and still have Dyna Beads in them but once they need changing I will have Balance Masters installed.

Electric lock on sewer access door won't open
Dr4Film

I would keep working on getting the lock freed up with using the key.

WD-40 is not what I would use. Try Tri-Flow which is an actual silicone lubricant versus a water dispersal spray.

I would also spray the Tri-Flow in through the lift-handle area to see if that helps at all.

Just slowly keep wiggling the key back and forth a little at a time until you feel it moving a little bit further in each direction.

dl_racing427

Mine was in the left driver's console, with the keypad mounted directly to it.

11 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Mine is right on the drivers side of the transmission. Why would they mount the TCM that far away.....lol

It's close to the keypad, and protected from the elements in the console.
I'd be more inclined to wonder why they'd mount it underneath the coach.

Driver side drops within 30 minutes after leveling
Dr4Film

There are two basic air leveling systems that were installed in our coaches depending on year and model. They are HWH & Valid, similar in design but different in parts, etc. You have to refer to the correct manufacturers manual for troubleshooting steps, etc.

I have the HWH Air Leveling System installed in my coach. Had leveling leaks for many years mostly in the rear. If the site was higher in the rear than the front it would not bother me so much as once the rear leak down or manually lowered I would raise the front to maintain level.

I finally took the coach to Josam's in Orlando and they went through the entire leveling system. They found one valve in the rear that was leaking pretty bad plus they also found the wiring harness was hooked up wrong to the six-pack valve block.

We have been parked in a fairly level site since early May and the coach hasn't moved one mm since first leveling it in May. I am a VERY happy camper now.

BTW, I never use the Auto-Level function as it never gets the coach as level as I want it to be so I always level manually using a bubble level sitting on the shelf under the small pantry cabinet wall next to the kitchen counter which is about the middle of the coach. The bubble level is still there and hasn't moved in either direction.

Sparks under the rear
John Haggard
42 minutes ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Thanks the weird part is this happened after sitting 8 months and every thing was ice cold and after couple hundred yards it ended and never came back.

Roy 2003 Dynasty  

I assume after sitting for 8 months your bus settled to a low point 

No air 

I have seen it take quite a bit of time, and some miles down the road for the rear rock guard to stop dragging. 

It's not uncommon to see busses leaving out with the rear end dragging 😒

Even after airing up to travel mode 

8 months with no air ?

Those bags are stiff. 

2003 Dynasty slide switch
Dr4Film

I recently replaced my bedroom electric slide switch with this one from Amazon.

Works great and almost a perfect fit. I had to trim just a smidgen from the inside edges so the switch would snap into the bezel.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FA9UNMA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Load Shedding
Dr4Film

All you have to do is remove the white wire from the bottom lug which is the neutral wire for the board.

Outside temperatures
Steven P
22 hours ago, Chuck B said:

Let me add something to this thread.  Has anyone opened up the area where the air flow leaves the AC going into the duct?  You might be surprised to see what you find.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I did that very thing last year.  Took my inside covers off and w the ACs running it was pulling part of the ceiling into the duct.  Of the 4 ducts total (2ACs), only one wasn't partially blocked.  One was about 75% blocked.  That helped a lot. 

22 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Congrats on increasing the cooling and the condensation. I would say the drain line is plugged…it comes out in front of the left front tire and is probably white in color. I would try running a wire up it to open the plug.

Thank you for the congrats.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not think the Diplomats came with drain lines. @Scotty Hutto @Doug Hoegh do you guys know?

9 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

You knew we would want pictures, right?  Or maybe a video on YouTube of how to drill said holes. 🙂 

I don't have pics I took, but drilled based on this pic.

Screenshot_20210727-070317_Chrome.jpg

Route Planning to Mesa Verde NP via CO 160 west from I-25 junction
6Wheels

The San Juan's are just beautiful, and the train ride on the narrow gauge is worth every second.  I have over 400 pictures from that trip!

IMG_20170910_111401570_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170911_172018930.jpg

Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
8 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Thank you for the congrats.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not think the Diplomats came with drain lines. @Scotty Hutto @Doug Hoegh do you guys know?

Confirmed… 2006 Diplomats do not have condensate drain lines.  They just drain onto the roof.  I wish they did have them, but that would be very difficult to add…

oil drain plug washer
hitechpete
15 hours ago, obb_taurus said:

I was a little concerned about it needing to be a copper washer, I have been trying to find one with no luck.  I have some metal ones but I don't know if they will be okay to use.  Does anyone know if I could use the metal washer I have?

Thanks

Heat the old one upon a gas job until it glows red then let it cool naturally, it is now annealed and reusable.

jacwjames

In 2013 I lost all power to the dash and transmission control pad.  I was frantic as I was getting ready to head overseas and my wife was scheduled to go to a dog show from TN to NY.  Did a bunch of trouble shooting and ultimately decided it was the control module.  In my case it is located in the drivers side outside electrical compartment. 

We live near Knoxville, where there is an Allision shop but they refused to send a mobile tech out and the coach had to be towed to the shop (~30 miles), luckily AAA covered the tow.   I met the tow truck as he was coming to get it but had to head to the airport so my wire "supervised" the driver to make sure he didn't damage anything. 

Ultimately they found the module bad, didn't have time to wait on sending mine off for repair so a new one was $3500 installed.  The had one in stock at another location and to expedite the process my wife drove ~250 miles round trip to get it. I know there are shops that rebuild for a lot less but time was not on our side.  I still have the old one.

Windshield wiper motor
lake49068

Also had the problem...arm would move slowly then stop.  Toggling switch would get it back to parked position.  Assuming motor's overload protection would kick in.  After changing out the motor and lubing linkage found that the pass side arm shaft was binding.  Released some of the tension on circular spring lock and relubed.  So far, so good.

Adam 2010 Neptune 37PBQ

Great Service report
Brett63

Just wanted to pass on that if you are in or around the N. Las Vegas area and need chassis service Velocity Truck (Freightliner) is oneI highly reccomend. They are a Cat/Cummins/Allison service center as well as body shop, RV body....etc They have a dedicated service section and service writer for ONLY motorhomes and are VERY familiar with Monaco, to the point of have all Monaco manuals and electrical schematics. They are very fair and very attentive. I have been fighting a communications issue with my transmission causing my ATC, check trans, check engine lights to flash which in turn shut my cruise control and engine brake off. I have been to a couple different shops to no avail and have spent hours looking. I went in yesterday for a trans fluid/filter change and to address this electrcal gremiln. Within about 2 hours they were able to get the trans to go into trouble mode and then the hunt was gone. an hour later they had traced the issue to a single wire burried way under the mess of cables under the dash and a few minutes later had it fixed. 

There were about 8 or so RV's there either being worked on or in holding. I guess what I am most impressed about it they had all of the schematics for my 09 Sig and knew how to work on it. We chatted about me having the Chasis Multiplex and they were even very familiar with that system and cautioned me about just rolling into any shop for repairs that could involve that. 

Again, highly reccomended, John the dedicated RV Service writer was outstanding. They don't do apts from what I understand is the only issue. They open at 0730 and appeared to be first come first serve. We got there at 0730, was in front of the service bay by about 0815 and while there all day it wasn't becasue of just sitting, they were working on our issue.

Great Service report
Dr4Film

Thanks for the tip, Brett.

Scotty, could you please move this post over to the Service Companies under Parts & Service Vendor List so when members do a search this will pop up on their radar.

oil drain plug washer
cbr046

Just gonna put this out there . . . . . would you risk a thousands in engine damage to not having a proper 10 cent oil drain plug washer? 

I'd get it right. 

- bob

coolant filter
frankogrly

Dr4Film, I also have replaced two of the shutoff valves on the front side of the filter. What is the difference between the one on the front and the one on the rear. I have never tried the rear one because of the oil filter.

Frank O

01 Endeavor

coolant filter
Dr4Film

Don't know exactly what the difference is other than the Cummins Service tech who replaced the last one recommended using the end facing the oil filter to turn off the coolant filter IF the one on the other end is stuck or will not move easily. He claims that the shut-off on the oil filter end is beefier and closer to the actual fluid flow opening.

I now caution anyone who is doing service on my engine that if the one end will not move easily DO NOT FORCE IT. Use the turn off on the oil filter end.

Load Shedding
tmw188
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

All you have to do is remove the white wire from the bottom lug which is the neutral wire for the board.

Yes to remove it. 

Ray Davis
17 minutes ago, 6Wheels said:

The San Juan's are just beautiful, and the train ride on the narrow gauge is worth every second.  I have over 400 pictures from that trip!

George,  couldn't agree more.  We have road the train several times over the years and enjoyed it immensely every time.  Tickets are not cheap, probably because the cost to maintain and operate has got to be tremendous.   https://www.durangotrain.com/   

There is a tour through the train maintenance shops the guys might enjoy.  

There is also a great train at Chama New Mex and one from Alamosa to LaVeta or vise verse.   Durango being the best IMHO.

Wiring Diagrams For 2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40 PST
David K

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for the 2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40 PST?  I checked the library and can only find diagrams for the 2003 Windsor.

Windshield wiper motor
Donflem

Thank you gentlemen for all the info. 

Don

Dr4Film

Isn't the Scepter similar to the Dynasty or is it closer to a Windsor?

EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52

Unfortunately, there is no EGT input to the ISC model ECM's.  The ECM does NOT reduce fueling to control EGT.  I know that seems strange, but I'm guessing Cummins just tested their programming extensively and limited fueling to what they felt was safe.  The only recognition I've seen from Cummins was when I read SOMEWHERE in their literature, "Limit full throttle conditions"--sort of an admission that damage might occur under extreme conditions.  I have no personal experience with that kind of damage, nor have I read of anyone having that kind of damage, but it certainly appears possible, when a bone-stock ISC can easily reach 1400*F.

One thing you will quickly learn from watching the EGT gage is how heavily it is influenced by engine RPM.  You can tame EGT on a long pull by keeping the RPM high.

BennieH

I put Centramatics on the Front and Dyna beads in the rears when I put tire on 2 years ago. There were Dyna beads in all tires at that time.

Gary M

According to the list I found Camelot and Scepter are similar.

Dr4Film

Didn't the Camelot come out much later than the Scepter?

Gary M
Just now, Dr4Film said:

Ive  been trying to Fact check that in the HR website

Ray Davis

When we bought our 03 Windsor I had the tires replaced at Southern Tire Mart in Tyler Tx.   They thought I was nuts for spending the dough to balance the rears.

I'm thinking now they were probably right.   Apparently the rears don't need balancing that often,  if they do you can always do it later.    I have Centramatics on the front and may put them or Balance Masters on the rear eventually.

6Wheels

Ray,

When we got off the train to check into Historic Hotel | Silverton Colorado | Grand Imperial Hotel I could barely make it up 3 steps as we had not yet acclimated.  The building was built as needed and almost resembles the Remington mansion in that respect, just weird.  There is no elevator, but the rooms are nice. The restaurant in the hotel is fabulous, and around the corner is the  Handlebars Food & Saloon.  You won't believe what goes on in there, the proprietors told me that all the stories are about the crowds from a long time ago (because they were getting too old for that nonsense). Note the chandeliers are all still hanging intact (they were well constructed to support the weight of patrons).

IMG_20170910_153953730_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.4f71ad53e8a08469c2c5fe8c74e10b07.jpg

If camping is on the menu, try Silverton, Colorado RV Park & Jeep Rentals ~ Silver Summit RV Park conveniently located in Silverton.

There are several breweries in Silverton if needed.

http://silvertonlakes.com/ offers cabins, RV sites and caters to the ATV crowd.

IMG_20170911_171626490.thumb.jpg.d831bfda4cc715bd4b41f194c6223a44.jpg

Dr4Film

All road tires benefit from being balanced versus not. Plus the benefit is greater with a balancing system that auto-balances versus a static balance. It would take a significant amount of hands on data to convince me otherwise.

The reason why some places say it's a waste of money to balance the rears comes is simply a myth or an ole truckers tale. A lot of OTR truckers don't do it as they go through tires a lot quicker than we do plus most of their tires they use are recaps and we all know how well those are. Ever rolled over a tire gator laying in the road? Hard to escape any damage let alone possibly major damage from one of those gators.

I do know that OTR truckers will not use recaps on their steer tires for obvious reasons.

Windshield wiper motor
Paul A.

This information may help someone in the future;

Windshield Wiper Parts

Ray Davis

It's been a few yrs since we have gone Silverton,  but your pictures have me itching to go back.   We used to travel with another couple but they both began to have problems at higher altitudes ( smokers ) so those places were off limits.   They can't travel anymore and now I'm the one that is not sure how I'll handle higher altitudes.    I know I won't be hiking while up there,  I'll just watch.  😉

Thanks for the pictures

Great Service report
Paul A.
3 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Just wanted to pass on that if you are in or around the N. Las Vegas area and need chassis service Velocity Truck (Freightliner) is oneI highly reccomend. They are a Cat/Cummins/Allison service center as well as body shop, RV body....etc They have a dedicated service section and service writer for ONLY motorhomes and are VERY familiar with Monaco, to the point of have all Monaco manuals and electrical schematics. They are very fair and very attentive. I have been fighting a communications issue with my transmission causing my ATC, check trans, check engine lights to flash which in turn shut my cruise control and engine brake off. I have been to a couple different shops to no avail and have spent hours looking. I went in yesterday for a trans fluid/filter change and to address this electrcal gremiln. Within about 2 hours they were able to get the trans to go into trouble mode and then the hunt was gone. an hour later they had traced the issue to a single wire burried way under the mess of cables under the dash and a few minutes later had it fixed. 

There were about 8 or so RV's there either being worked on or in holding. I guess what I am most impressed about it they had all of the schematics for my 09 Sig and knew how to work on it. We chatted about me having the Chasis Multiplex and they were even very familiar with that system and cautioned me about just rolling into any shop for repairs that could involve that. 

Again, highly reccomended, John the dedicated RV Service writer was outstanding. They don't do apts from what I understand is the only issue. They open at 0730 and appeared to be first come first serve. We got there at 0730, was in front of the service bay by about 0815 and while there all day it wasn't becasue of just sitting, they were working on our issue.

Brett

Thanks for the great informative post.  Their web site provides this info ;

3701 Freightliner Dr, North Las Vegas, NV 89081

Condencer drip
Rikadoo

So i have a 2003 HR Endeavor an on humid days i get water running off the roof. I know the water is normal, however under my coach there are tubes with evacuator valves on them an there is never anything coming out from them. Were these coaches equiped with drain tubes for the ac unit? Or are those tubes for something else?

Sparks under the rear
miacasa_2000

Thanks but no.  Never move it until all is good including my walk around inspection and would have seen that at the first stop only about 100' down the lane.

Roy  2006 Dynasty

coolant filter
frankogrly

Thanks

Frank O

01 Endeavor

Condencer drip
Bob125

I’m following this topic as well.    My 09’ Beaver Marquis has 3 tubes, 2 toward the front and 1 toward the rear for each of the AC’s. I blew them out last week and confirmed they are clear from the roof top drain cup to the bottom of the tube outlets.  My rear drains water but my front 2 are sporadic.  I think it all depends if I have the coach just at the right level angle.  I would like to improve to have a definite consistent drain all the time.  I can’t confirm but I feel the drain tubes may have a level section and not a good downhill gradient all the way down to the low point.  There is definitely a level section up in the AC return cavity where each drain cup joins to one tube.  Anyone have suggestion how to improve positive drain?

thx, Bob….

Condencer drip
Bootlegger

Rik,

I have been wondering about the same thing.  I have a 2005 Safari Cheetah and it has always dripped, but now I am getting hard water spots on the side of the rv.  I have seen RV gutters that can be place on the side of your RV to direct the water to the front or back of the coach.  

https://www.amazon.com/Esssentials-UW05004-Polar-White-Gutter/dp/B009IGF42G/ref=pd_ybh_a_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F6HDD94CWTP073E7S4S8

mandms59

UPDATE -

I added about 2.0 qts of oil which based on dipstick markings.   I am now getting 65 PSI at idle & rises to above 75 psi if I bring revs up to 1200... so I am estimating that the blowout was more than what oil I saw on the car.  And that the system is not able to regulate below 75 as Rick A mentioned below and confirmed in Cummins manual...

On 7/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, Rick A said:

I have a 2005 Diplomat and my oil pressure runs at 35 psi. My clock sits at 51000 miles. The engine manual says 30 psi is the regular pressure at normal revs, and 20 psi at idle. It seams your pressure is under the regulated Max of 75 psi. 
Pressure in the crank case would dramatically increase if you had a cylinder issue. I doubt that’s the problem as smoke would almost be effect. I almost think Ray has a good point. 
Any leak would result in your issue. 

This leads me to believe that it is much more severe problem ($$$) than clogged breather tube  - which I was not able to find looking thru engine hatch above or underneath;  maybe not looking for correct item....  Easily found Oil filter and can trace return line from Turbo charger to crankcase... but did not find anything else from crankcase on either side...

We are about two hrs away from Spokane Cummins dealer...  Guessing that is my best option to bring it to for further checkout/diagnosis - compression check??

Has anyone dealt with them or recommend another shop in area... we are currently about 35 miles south of Lewiston ID at state park campground. 

Recommendations/suggestions/guidance greatly Appreciated

R/ Mark

Condencer drip
Ivan K

I had the water runoff issue on our front AC this spring. All our units drain through the AH basement section so there are long runs for two of them. I blew them all from underneath and they seem ok but the front still did not drain. Then I dropped the diffuser, disconnect the houses and cleared them both directions. A chunk of some insect ball/nest blew out the bottom and all is good. Even with the long runs, one would have to be quite out of level for the pan to overflow.

Condencer drip
Hypoxia

A shop vac connected to the drain hose at the front & rear should suck any debris out.  I used a leaf blower by putting a funnel on the suction side of the blower and sticking the small end against the drain line.  Give it enough time to suck it all out.

Rick A

My thoughts are you overfilled it with oil. The oil pressure is a telltale and it’s spewing oil as and where it can. It might even cause smoke as she sucks on the down stroke. 
The oil pressured you are quoting would make me nervous in my Diplomat. 

Load Shedding
tmw188
On 7/24/2021 at 9:17 AM, Dr4Film said:

Todd,

I suspect that your EMS board is the older version 684 with the 3 amp fuse and has most likely failed SO that's why it has been basically disconnected. Wires have been removed from the relays and tied together with wire nuts.

If you want to restore the EMS function to your coach, you will now need to purchase an Upgrade EMS Kit that includes a new upgraded EMS Control board (#894) with a current sensor, a new Display and two new electrical pigtails. Then follow the installation instructions as to how to set it up for the shedding order that you prefer.

There are vendors on the Internet that offer these kits. It should be under $500 for everything.

Ok Richard your right on my friend. I just got off the phone with Intellitec and I will need the whole setup, excluding the current sensor. He said these boards aren’t user serviceable. Not enough info on the relays to even search for them unless I would unsolder one and look at the underside? Here are the prices of the components. He said the display has to be replaced with the other components. I guess at this point I could just hook everything up the way it should be and see if my Display lights up. It would be nice to at least monitor the loads I have. I didn’t think to ask if I can do that. I don’t really care about the Shedding capability at this point. The current sensor was still plugged in on my board but no display. I’m assuming it’s because the board is bypassed so it won’t display any current? What’s your thoughts on that? I think in our phone conversation he mentioned something about when your plugged into 50a it wouldn't display something? When working correctly it should display current in real time shouldn’t it? So there are a few questions here thanks for everyone’s input. 

Display $129.60                                                  Control Board $345.60                                   2- Harness $25.00 ea

Total $525.20 

mandms59
40 minutes ago, Rick A said:

My thoughts are you overfilled it with oil. The oil pressure is a telltale and it’s spewing oil as and where it can. It might even cause smoke as she sucks on the down stroke. 
The oil pressured you are quoting would make me nervous in my Diplomat. 

I forgot to add that on our short travel yesterday ... PSI stayed in normal ranges  until about 5 miles out from our stop -- while idling at a flagger checkpoint the Idle PSI went down to 20 PSI;  that got me nervous as I have never seen it that low.  When we got to campground I checked oil dipstick and thought it was 1-2 quarts low on stick so I added 2 quarts to bring it up to within range last night.  Then this morning started it up and got 65 PSI....  If I did overfill it - take it the simplest way would be to try and drain out some oil from drain plug without making a big mess in campground.

Load Shedding
Dr4Film

Todd,

I think as long as the board does not look burnt or over heated it is well worth trying to resurrect it. I suspect that possibly only one of the AC relays may have failed barring a complete board failure. So instead of just bypassing that one failed relay they bypassed the entire board, all four relay's. Plus they unplugged the power harness and the display harness.

If it is in fact just one relay that has failed you can simply bypass that one and leave the others as is. The only way to tell is to put everything back together as it should be and try it out.

Yes, the display will NOT display anything in the amp window when hooked to 50 amp shore power. The reason is that you now have 100 amps or 12,000 watts of power to use for your coach and there's only one snowball chance in hell that you would EVER draw over that amount of power. However with any shore power less than 50 amps you could very easily over draw the amount of amps supplied. The EMS board is what manages that for you.

Load Shedding
jacwjames

X2, I would hook it back up and see what works.  If only 3 of the relay work you can bypass your least used circuit and let the board control the amp load with the other 3.  If I were to bypass I would leave the washer/dryer off if you have one. 

When I replaced my board in 2014 I believe it cost $450 for the same components. 

Load Shedding
tmw188

Well I wonder then if it is only by chance one relay and I only have 50a and 20a at my house to check it if it’s really going to be worth the trouble if I can’t monitor loads while on 50. I’m use to having a PI EMSHW50 that I installed on my last coach with my display in the coach to monitor loads. I was hoping I could at least monitor things with this hooked up even without the shedding capability. A new PI unit is better money spent I believe going forward. 

Load Shedding
jacwjames
1 minute ago, tmw188 said:

Well I wonder then if it is only by chance one relay and I only have 50a and 20a at my house to check it if it’s really going to be worth the trouble if I can’t monitor loads while on 50. I’m use to having a PI EMSHW50 that I installed on my last coach with my display in the coach to monitor loads. I was hoping I could at least monitor things with this hooked up even without the shedding capability. A new PI unit is better money spent I believe going forward. 

Use a 30 amp adapter in the 50 amp to test.  The way the wiring is it wouldn't take much to hook it back up. 

I installed a HW50C EMS back in 2015 after the lightening fried the load shedding EMS.  I mounted a second display in the coach and monitor it if plugged into 30 amp or if I have lower voltage.  Amazing how may campgrounds have low voltage.  I was at one last week and had to move to a second spot, the first one had marginal voltage, second one was good. 

Load Shedding
tmw188
19 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

X2, I would hook it back up and see what works.  If only 3 of the relay work you can bypass your least used circuit and let the board control the amp load with the other 3.  If I were to bypass I would leave the washer/dryer off if you have one. 

When I replaced my board in 2014 I believe it cost $450 for the same components. 

If I hook this back up I’m assuming I go to the relay side of the terminal block with the 4 different loads and then to the breakers from the breaker side of the terminal block?

Load Shedding
Dr4Film

The colored wire goes on the input side of the relay and the black load wire goes on the output side of the relay.

Follow the directions stated in the manual you have.

Load Shedding
tmw188
2 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

The colored wire goes on the input side of the relay and the black load wire goes on the output side of the relay.

Follow the directions stated in the manual you have.

Yes that’s what I was saying. 

Load Shedding
jacwjames

Go from the breaker on the panel to the relay and then from the relay to the load wire.  Take the wires that are wire nutted together and connect them to the circuit board.  The order should be listed on the load meter display  (mine is).  One issue is that the board relies on once circuit to provide control power, in my case it is the washer dryer circuit.  If that breaker is off the display is blank. 

Load Shedding
tmw188

BTW Richard no the board shows no signs of heat or burnt spots that I can tell. You can however hear hear the relays if you rock the board back and forth.                                                                  The coach is not kept at my house so will I get a possible display on generator power if one or more relays work? 

Load Shedding
jacwjames
5 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

BTW Richard no the board shows no signs of heat or burnt spots that I can tell. You can however hear hear the relays if you rock the board back and forth.                                                                  The coach is not kept at my house so will I get a possible display on generator power if one or more relays work? 

It will show load on the generator so you can test each circuit but it will not shed any loads. 

Ivan K

Just consider that your oil pressure is dependent on its temperature so starting with cool oil can easily do 65 psi idling. 25 psi idling hot is good for me. I also doubt that crankcase pressure has any effect on oil pressure past the oil pump. Feel what kind of blowby you get from the puke hose, there should be some but if nothing, someone already mentioned your crankcase filter if you have one, I don't.

Load Shedding
Dr4Film

Jim J answered your question in regards to generator power.

BTW, why do you feel the need to monitor the amps when hooked to 50 amp shore power?

I've been hooked to 50 amp shore power since the beginning of May and will be here until the middle of October. Haven't had any reason to know how many amp's I am drawing as I will never reach even close to the maximum amount of amps to use. However I do look at the Progressive Industries EMS remote display to see if I have had any PE error's. I have had one since May, a PE3 on Line One, high voltage. Have no clue when that may have happened. The error code is still there as the only way to clear it is to shut off the power at the pedestal and start over. I will do that the next time I exercise my generator for a few hours.

Gary M
5 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

2003 shows a Camelot but no Windsor till 2004. But Ive seen 02 and 03 Windsor diagrams, so clueless.

Dr4Film

Gary, I own a 2002 Windsor and know for a fact that there are earlier ones before that.

NADA states that the Windsor started in 1995.

‘96 Windsor Koller 7 kw LP gas gen won’t stay running
Testdepth

In the end it appears that your comment on oil is likely the culprit. If I fill the tank completely full, (till liquid comes from the vent) I have the problem with the genset and cook too. If I only fill to 3/4 every thing is fine. 
I ended up changing the filter in the solenoid valve and the main regulator in the process. I also ended up pulling the genset out and doing a full cleanup of all the fins which had a lot of dirt packed in. Also discovered the genset is set up to accept liquid propane if you wanted to do that.

this winter I will figure out how to clean out the tank or replace it.

Load Shedding
tmw188

Good question Richard, no real NEED to do it. On my other coach I watched it because I was monitoring at times what receptacles were on what Line, 1 or 2 based on temporary loads like coffee pot and a portable htr. during the winter in FL. That’s the only reason. 

20 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Jim J answered your question in regards to generator power.

BTW, why do you feel the need to monitor the amps when hooked to 50 amp shore power?

I've been hooked to 50 amp shore power since the beginning of May and will be here until the middle of October. Haven't had any reason to know how many amp's I am drawing as I will never reach even close to the maximum amount of amps to use. However I do look at the Progressive Industries EMS remote display to see if I have had any PE error's. I have had one since May, a PE3 on Line One, high voltage. Have no clue when that may have happened. The error code is still there as the only way to clear it is to shut off the power at the pedestal and start over. I will do that the next time I exercise my generator for a few hours.

The boards on the PI’s are off sometimes and can be calibrated with the calibration screws per instructions. I’ve had to do mine by PI suggestion because they were off. Yours could be off too but I think the swing woul d have to be over 125 I think.  I would get a PE7  often seemingly no reason. I forget what it is now. I also had a high Hertz display which is very odd. They sent me a new board but I never put it in. 

Gary M
Just now, Dr4Film said:

Gary, I own a 2002 Windsor and know for a fact that there are earlier ones before that.

NADA states that the Windsor started in 1995.

Yes but I see no windsor in monaco site for 2003 only. Not sure of REV accuracy and that shows Camelot first year. 

Hydraulic Fan control valve
Testdepth

96 Windsor, C8.3/275hp.

I have a hydraulic fan motor that the regulator is not functioning correctly. When I got the coach it was leaking pretty badly and would cycle fan speed somewhat erratically, but was essentially working other than the leak. (a small puddle where ever I stopped).

I drained the system, the ATF was a little dark but wasn't burned and removed the control valve unit. disassembled it and found one smashed O-ring one machined opening that was empty and another o-ring in good shape. The machined opening appeared to be for a crush washer or similar type seal.

I  replaced the 2 O-rings that were there cleaned the whole unit and reinstalled. the leak stopped but now the regulator works even worse than before. I can find no mfg. name on the unit anywhere and no one at any of the truck places near me that knows anything about them.

Is there anyone on the forum that knows anything about these or a former Roadmaster employee that might have some documentation on this crazy unit? I'm pretty certain it just need the correct set of seals etc and it would be back in business.

I would appreciate any help/knowledge anyone could provide.

Mike

Dr4Film

Gary, you can't trust any post-Monaco owner for accuracy of their information. They wanted to destroy the brand and that's exactly what they did.

Fred White (RIP) owned a 2004 or 2005 Monaco Windsor after he sold his 2002 Windsor.

Gary M
1 minute ago, Dr4Film said:

Gary, you can't trust any post-Monaco owner for accuracy of their information. They wanted to destroy the brand and that's exactly what they did.

Fred White (RIP) owned a 2004 or 2005 Monaco Windsor after he sold his 2002 Windsor.

Going thru the Nada site 03 is first year for Camelot. So for that year what is Scepter equal too? Windsor or Camelot for David to try for schematics?

Dr4Film

I would try both, doesn't hurt. I think Monaco was trying to phase out the Windsor in favor of the Camelot but the Windsor was always a 40 foot coach whereas the Camelot was a tag axle coach longer in length with many added features.

Rick A

Something strange going on. You filled it to the dip stick mark.
It retained PSI.
Then you stop and PSI drops. 
You then add oil because level has dropped.
You are loosing significant oil somewhere. 
I think if you can find the leak it’ll keep it’s pressure and maintain the oil level. 
I don’t think from what you say, that overfilling is the cause.

You know the effects, loss of oil and loss in PSI. They correlate. 
You know the oil is on the car.
Just need to determine the where the leak is. There must be clear signs of this loss. 

Condencer drip
Jim McFarland

Hope this is not a repeat.  I tried to send a response earlier today.  According to my ac guy, if  you have had your original roof top AC units replaced without having a pump installed in the new unit it will not go out the original condensation drain lines.  Unfortunately he did not share this with me until both new units have been installed.  I have condensation running off all over the place.  Now he said that the pumps can be installed but of course at an additional price.  Haven't asked how much that would be. 

Jim Mc

Gary M

Well in our files there is a 2004 Imperial, Scepter, Camelot wiring diagram. Also 2003 Windsor/ Imperial diagram.

veraken
11 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I had them in all six tires of my Windsor for many years until 2019 when I went to replace the four drive tires I switched over to Balance Masters as the cost was only a little bit more than the Dyna Beads with shipping to my house in Florida. My steers were replaced in 2017 and still have Dyna Beads in them but once they need changing I will have Balance Masters installed.

What  was the reason you went with Balance Masters vs Centramatics ?

Jim McFarland

Call Northwest RV Supply at 866-678-7467 and talk to Niabi.  She and the other employees are very helpful.  It is my understanding that the purchased all the left over parts from REV before Orgeon was shut down.  Their email is nwrvsupply.com

Jim M

Ivylog

You could be 2 gallons low and the pressure might be 2 psi lower than normal because the oil temp is slightly higher.

Slightl over full will not hurt anything.

Condencer drip
Ivylog

I find it hard to believe you need a pump. I would check the drain tube being plugged at the unit. I would then get a new tech.

Ivylog

Local tire shop can’t balance but only charges $25 to change a 22.5. Pretty sure he’s replaced 12 tires… no balance beads and 4 were on the front. Your mileage may vary.

Rick A

The oil level is an engineered condition. 

The oil will be whipped into a thick aerated foam by the high rotations made by the crankshaft. This changes the lubricating qualities of the oil. Vehicle manufactures usually advise against low oil levels (obviously) but they also recommend against over filling. 

John Haggard

We never have.

Not on farm trucks or semi tractors either. 

Be careful where you buy tires.

Makes a difference I think.

Testdepth

Thank you Jim. I will give them a call.

mike

Load Shedding
tmw188

Well I have a display! This was with both AC’s running on the gen. Now whether it will shed when on 30a shore power I don’t know. One of you amphi might of been onto something or some variation of his theory? Anyway it’s come along way since my first post. I have learned a lot as to what I was looking at and what was in front of me. Didn’t know crap about it, but now have some understanding at least thanks to all that helped. So like I said I guess it doesn’t mean it will worked like designed but this has to tell us something?

20B993E3-A4BA-40F7-8B61-B0FE7D8327DC.jpeg

Condencer drip
trailmug
8 hours ago, Ivan K said:

I had the water runoff issue on our front AC this spring. All our units drain through the AH basement section so there are long runs for two of them. I blew them all from underneath and they seem ok but the front still did not drain. Then I dropped the diffuser, disconnect the houses and cleared them both directions. A chunk of some insect ball/nest blew out the bottom and all is good. Even with the long runs, one would have to be quite out of level for the pan to overflow.

Do you think water only drains to the roof if the tube is clogged or the coach is tilted? My front unit drains water to both.. 🤷‍♂️

Condencer drip
Ivan K
1 hour ago, trailmug said:

Do you think water only drains to the roof if the tube is clogged or the coach is tilted? My front unit drains water to both.. 🤷‍♂️

Well, it should take the route of least resistance, maybe partially plugged? Or the fan blowing ice through freezing evaporator? But that would likely be mostly inside. I have water dropping on my feet when running dash AC sometimes, from the cold air hoses condensation. Always something. I know I could insulate them but...

Thinking about it some more, maybe even a condensation on outside of the evaporator box under the top cover?

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.