Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/498-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Parts list
Jeff H
Parts list
Frank McElroy
Where is overflow for fresh water?
Dr4Film
Condencer drip
lake49068
ISM Service Manual
planodp
ISM Service Manual
jacwjames
Parts list
Jeff H
Condencer drip
jacwjames
Coolant flush and refill, latest info
jacwjames
Parts list
Gerald H
A/C
cbr046
Dash air
Hypoxia
Bob Wightman
EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52
Dr4Film
ncsteve
ISM Service Manual
planodp
Oil blowback at Oil fill tube ISL400
Ray Davis
Slide out tray roller broke
TOBYLB4
EGT Gauge Added
Rikadoo
ISM Service Manual
jacwjames
Brett63
TigerMar
Brett63
TigerMar
Condencer drip
Ray Davis
EGT Gauge Added
jimc99999
Brake Lights Intermittent
FWGERHART
TOBYLB4
Bob Wightman
Inverter Saga Help needed.
Nevada Rob
waterskier_1
mandms59
Rear Air Tank Replacement
tomfreeman56
Balance tire & wheel or not
Donflem
Stands
Hockeydiesel
Capt Mike
cbr046
John Haggard
Paul A.
Paul A.
Donflem
Condencer drip
Paul A.
Condencer drip
Ray Davis
Condencer drip
Paul A.
Condencer drip
Ray Davis
A/C
Duanebalogh
'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
Jeff H

The cable supplied was not long enough and the individual coax cables are in a mesh housing.  So I just mounted it to the roof for now.  I will see how that works and if necessary  I can get an extension  and some heat shrink for the exposed cables.

Parts list
Jeff H

Hello

Where do I find the parts list. I need the manufacturer and model of the driver side mirror for my 06 Diplomat.  I believe the manufacturer is Ramco.

I had new tires put on the rears and while it was at the tire shop the mobile truck backed into the mirror with the boom, enough to move it and damage the chrome on the housing.  The shop was doubtful the did and promised they would "check their cameras" which I, cynically thought was a way to blow me off.  However the manager called the next morning to apologise and say the would take care of it.

Parts list
Frank McElroy

The Parts List is under Downloads.  Here is a direct link.

Dr4Film

Our fresh water tank overflow is on the passenger side just in front of the rear dual wheels. You can see the overflow tube when you open the tank bay door which is secured with screws underneath.

The tube forms a U shape from the top of the tank going up then over to the edge and finally down through the bottom of the floor. The shape prevents the overflow tube from siphoning the water from the tank.

Condencer drip
lake49068

No one so far has identified their AC brand...wondering if different brands have different ways of feeding the drain lines.  My 2010 Neptune has Carrier AC's and not only have I had drain lines plugged but "gunk" blocking the condensation collection tray that feeds the hose.  Removed the roof cover shroud and cover over the collection tray.  On the Carrier the plastic collection cover has perhaps 5 tabs and one screw holding it in place...that's where the gunk was blocking the internal holes feeding the drain hose.  Now consider it a PM item...just not often.  But did the front AC 2 days ago since there was water on the side wall.  Goes quickly after gaining experience with the first one.  

Adam

ISM Service Manual
planodp

This will come in handy if you ever need it. The purchase price $19.95 in PDF format (print able) instant download link. Happy reading!

https://www.servicemanualbit.com/downloads/cummins-ism-isme-and-qsm11-engines-service-repair-manual/ 

image.png.0020d4938b91b9fd083fd44b046e2742.png

ISM Service Manual
jacwjames

They must have changed something as I was able to download all my service manuals from the Cummins Quickserve site for my 350 ISC for free.  This Sept 2015. 

Did you see if it was available from the Cummins site

Parts list
Jeff H

Thank you

Condencer drip
jacwjames

I've got the Dometic Penguin AC's with the drain pans.  There is not an easy way to clean these, no access by removing the shroud.  So even if you blow the lines from inside or outside the debris just stays in the pans and clogs the drain hole again.

Coolant flush and refill, latest info
jacwjames

Road debris took out may radiator in 2015, I had Cummins of Knoxville do the repair.  Luckily it was covered by insurance. 

I talked to the shop manager about coolants and he recommended the ES Compleat which is also a long life coolant (listed as Life of Engine 1,000,000 coolant).  I didn't argue with him and that is what they installed.  If you read the fine print of all Cummins coolant it says you still have to check the level of inhibitors & PH. 

Parts list
Gerald H

You can go to Monaco Rev, provide your vin number and they can give you a list of all the manufacturers and part numbers.

A/C
cbr046

One leg of the monitor should be hot, the other "not-so-hot" as it would be the return line.  It should be same as the ground lug. 

The question is whether the monitor and HVAC problems are related.  I wonder if there's an issue with your power cord to the pedestal.  Check the pedestal breaker also, making sure both sides are engaged (ganged breaker). 

Sometimes a breaker can look ok but actually be tripped.  To really check it you need to flip it off then flip back on.  I'd do this on the coach breakers and the pedestal. 

Good luck,

- bob

Dash air
Hypoxia

Common leak is at the fitting at the compressor which is difficult to see in many cases.  Other fittings also but the compressor is where there is quite a bit of heat and vibration.  My approach would be to replace all of the crimp connections and hose from the compressor to the rear charging ports and a short piece (12") from the ports to the hose that goes forward.  The old hose will usually seal at the new fitting but most shops won't warranty that as it isn't 100%.  That doesn't cover the condenser or evaporator but does cover the high heat and vibration areas.  Oil travels with the refrigerant so any damp areas indicate a leak.  Like others here have offered, you could use my crimper if in the Phoenix area but it may be a good investment.  Then there is the Vacuum pump you will also need.........

Bob Wightman

On my 2004 Knight we have two fresh water fill ports, one where you screw a hose on to the the panel and open the valve to fill the tank, the other is where you take the cap off to fill the tank by sticking the hose in.  In either way of filling when the tank is full it overflows out of the port where you stick the hose in to fill.  I normally remove the cap on that port when filling to let the air escape more easily.

0FE4718D-3922-4F51-A863-F400BF681A3E.heic

EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52
7 hours ago, cterryl@sbcglobal.net said:

Pre-turbo not a good idea. If probe fractures and breaks it will destroy your turbo. I have never seen a truck engine with the probe pre turbo since the late 60's.

I cannot discount that failure as a very remote possibility, but the great majority of EGT probes are mounted in the exhaust manifold, as per the installation instructions.

Dr4Film

Bob,

Unless Monaco totally neglected to install an overflow tube in the Knight coaches when they were built which seems highly unlikely it is possible that your overflow tube is blocked with Mud Daubers.

ncsteve

On my 04 Knight, the overflow is opposite the fill ports on curb side and exits in front of rear wheels. I fill mine through the screw on hose fill until is starts running out. 

ISM Service Manual
planodp

It's on Cummins Quickserve. It's a online version and it will let you print a section that you need. I always take my laptop with me with all my coach file on the hard drive just incase I can't get connected to the internet. For 20 bucks for volume 1 & 2 I'll take it. Cummins do also sell the service manual for $152. Thank you.

Ray Davis

Oh boy,  have you touched a subject close to us.  We consider ourselves very patriotic and what's happening to both the police and military is way past troubling           it's freighting.   We have 2 of our family that are policemen.  Every day we pray they come home.  We also have a grandson who always wanted to be police and or military,  how scary is that now days.

The oil level dilemma can't be as gloom as I may have made it seem or we would all be in trouble.  Apparently most dip stick are close to being accurate that it's not a problem.    I use my dip stick when I change the oil,   but I don't try to keep it right on the full mark,   mine seems to settle down some so I've gotten used to letting it show a little low.

I would really like to know if Mark the OP has reached a conclusion.

TOBYLB4

07 Dynasty one of the rollers broke on my slide out tray. Anyone have any idea where I can get them?

EGT Gauge Added
Rikadoo

For someone who has a couple mountains (the Sierras in ca/nv) AND my EGT, fuel pressure gauge (FASS fuel system) and pulling 5K lbs, that as soon as i get turned toward a steeper portion the EGT does climb however watching my rig do its thing that when the speed starts to drop the trans has already shifted from direct then will shift down another gear to keep the RPM right around 2K RPM.

Now to be fair i bought my MH used and someone had installed the Banks stinger kit on it, with that i understood it monitors inputs, Egt, Ect, Throttle position, and gear to give max power while protecting the engine... so far when im in the seat i trust but verify its doing its job, an always ready to knock it down a gear if temps start to climb.F6C46376-6B0E-46CF-BA68-4144E7A97134.thumb.jpeg.f98d116a1f8f6f52f56071109c149158.jpeg

ISM Service Manual
jacwjames
6 minutes ago, planodp said:

It's on Cummins Quickserve. It's a online version and it will let you print a section that you need. I always take my laptop with me with all my coach file on the hard drive just incase I can't get connected to the internet. For 20 bucks for volume 1 & 2 I'll take it. Cummins do also sell the service manual for $152. Thank you.

For $20 I think you are downloading the PDF and like most the document is printable.  I try to save ink and paper so seldom print stuff.  If there is a specific page that I want will print that to PDF and save it as a separate file so I can find easier. 

Brett63

I need to completely take mine apart, clean and redo.....No idea where to start....lol Kinda wish they were just manual instead of elect.

TigerMar

Hi Gary,

Which slide?

I had a roller go bad in my rear bedroom slide.  I bought from Cass Hudson.  They were great.

They also had it at REV parts..

Best ,

gary m

Brett63
4 minutes ago, TigerMar said:

Hi Gary,

Which slide?

I had a roller go bad in my rear bedroom slide.  I bought from Cass Hudson.  They were great.

They also had it at REV parts..

Best ,

gary m

Pretty sure he is referring to the slide trays in the basement. Not an actual slide.

TigerMar

Hi Brett,

Yeah.  Just re-read.  I must have still been asleep.

Thanks for the catch!

Condencer drip
Ray Davis

I have a small shop vac in the coach that I use to suck on the drains from below.   That gets the water flowing and at least gives me a chance to pull the stoppage out into my vac.   Blowing may get the water flowing but the stuff is still up there to clog again.    Blowing inside may blast some crud out of the pans,  however the pans fit up close to the underside of the A/C

This picture shows the 2 plastic drain pans that attach outside under the drain holes, the tubes then bring the water inside where it flows into a hose and down below

DOMETIC 3107688.016 Drain Kit

EGT Gauge Added
jimc99999

I have a 97 Windsor, Cummins C8.3 with Banks kit (installed before I bought it so I don't know what it includes), with pre-turbo EGT gauge.

EGT is around 800-900 at highway cruising speed. In the east (lower elevations) at full throttle EGT will move pretty quickly to 1000-1100. After about 30 seconds going up a hill it will start creeping up to about 1250 and stabilize; below 1600 rpm EGT will continue to creep, downshifting manually to keep rpm higher will keep EGT lower (the Allison like to downshift around 1400 rpm which I think is too low). 

Climbing the bigger passes out west above 6000 feet, I have to watch EGT much more closely, and occasionally back out of the throttle some to keep EGTs under 1300. 

Brake Lights Intermittent
FWGERHART

I'm still in need of advice regarding this problem. I thought I had a repair tech who could do it, but yesterday he decided it was beyond his expertise. Again, the rear brake lights will not come on when applying the brakes. When I air up the coach, and first hit the brake pedal, the lights come on. Once. Then that's it. Never again until I turn off then back on. Again, I get one flash of the brake lights, then nothing after the first flash. Thank you

TOBYLB4

Sorry for the confusion but it's they Bay slide out tray.

Wiring Diagrams For 2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40 PST
daveyjo

Usually the drawings themselves tell what coaches they apply to.  So check out the 2004 Camelot and Scepter drawings themselves.

Bob Wightman

ncsteve and Dr4Film thank you for posting!  I also am a new owner to an older coach and did not know that overflow was there.  I just crawled under it and found it on the wall in front of the passenger side rear wheel (never saw it before).  It has some sort of rubber nipple sorta thing on there to (I assume) try to keep Mud Dobbers out.  I'll pull it apart over the weekend and clear the blockage.  Thanks guys for the help, and thanks illiniCathy for posting a question about a problem i have that I didn't even know I had.

Nevada Rob

Great and well written explanation. Thank you for the update and sharing the info.

waterskier_1
11 hours ago, Jester1 said:

Waterskier,

That is a no.

Bare with me…

Shore power goes to transfer switch

Transfers to main panel. 
50 amp breaker feeds to two 110 Romex to inverter, through inverter to sub panel. This is and was factory wired.

After extensive consult with Magnum Tech a excessive amp draw above 30 is seen as a ground or neutral fault. Self protection.

Soo.. the two 110 legs are designed to go through the inverter when shore line is used. Since the Ac high amp draw is sensed as a open neutral or ground fault it self protects. 

As factory wired it will run AC off of batteries/inverter. Do to the bathroom 110 outlet and Ac are on the same leg.

Mark with Mark Snyder electric (look up his website) explained the same concept as the Magnum Tech. Mark also stated older coach builders would wire in this fashion. Most have changed this method I guess. 

I decided to have our Trace Rv2012 sent for repair and re install after the Ac or Ac units are replaced. Original units. Yes I have replaced the condensers but there is to much draw on the front unit.

Thanks too all that had helpful feedback

I don't have a 2000 Dynasty wiring diagram, but do have one for the 2001 Dynasty.  It I am attaching a copy of it here.  No A/C is wired through the Inverter.  I'm not aware of any Monaco Coach that has A/C running through the Inverter.  If indeed yours is, it was rewired by someone after the factory.  I do understand the potential problems of high current and the inverter auto-shutdown feature.  I can't see how you could ever have over 30 Amps on the neutral, without first popping either the Main Breaker Panel Inverter 30 Amp breaker(s) or the Subpanel Inverter Input 30 Amp breaker(s).

Do you have a wiring diagram showing the current configuration that you could post?

2001 Dynasty Inverter.pdf

mandms59

All,

We have been in an area with little to no cell reception for our hotspot the last few days.

Thank you for the comments/education and suggestions.  

21 hours ago, Chieflou said:

Mark,

I keep going back to your initial complaint:  oil coming out the dipstick tube.  That specific issue has no relevance to oil pressure.  Oil coming out tube will only be caused by higher than normal crankcase pressure (blow by) which goes to what others have already mentioned -- restricted crankcase breather filter or tube. Fix that and your dirty toad problem should be resolved. 

Then regarding oil pressure.  As has been mentioned, overfilling could be a factor there.  Specifically, as Ray D. posted, your dipstick markings could be inaccurate, a common issue I've noted others mentioning on the forums.  Inaccurate markings could lead you to overfill which will cause numerous problems. 

Lou S.

Lou - thanks for input, as we are F/T on the road unfortunately there is not an easy option for draining & refilling oil - hence I end up bringing into a shop to complete the scheduled service fluid change work.

As many have stated (Rick A /Ray /Ivan)... I now wonder if my dipstick markings are off far enough that I am exacerbating one simple issue crankcase breather filter/tube with oil quantity/pressure situation by overfilling to get within marks.

Current plan is to bring it to Cummins as it is in window for Chassis and Generator service that I was planning on in the next month.  I will have them replace crankcase filter/check overflow tube - as I do not have a record of this being done from previous two owners( very limited record keeping).  

This will at least give me a grounded starting point to go forward with known oil level and that crankcase breather filter/tube is in working order.

As I still have limited connection... will read through everyone's posts above again and  make sure not missing something else above. 

Will provide an update once  services are completed above.

R/

Mark

tomfreeman56

I have a 2006 HR Nav 45'.  It has been awhile since we have been on the road, due to having to come out of retirement and go back to work.

In prepping for travel later this year, I have been tracking down leaks in my air system.  I have replaced the air dryer, the regulator, tightened fittings and had a new front air level control valve installed.  Now I have discovered a pin hole in the bottom of the rear air tank.  The Monaco Air System Diagrams - 2006 from the Downloads section has been a great help.  The drawings call out the rear air tank as being Monaco P/N 6901. I have done an internet search with no luck but may be looking at the wrong sites.  REV says they will get back to me later.  The build sheet does not have any information on the tanks. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement tank that will fit and have the same ports without re-plumbing the air system?  Or any advice.  Thanks. Tom F.

IMG_1724.JPG

Rear end Underbody (2).JPG

Donflem

I’m glad this subject came up. I drove trucks most of my life and never heard of beads until I bought my rv. I’m used to checking my tire pressure a lot in a big truck but with the rv the valve stem gets stuck open. I have been told it’s the beads getting stuck in the stem. I just figured I would get rid of the beads when I change out the tires.

Stands
Hockeydiesel

OTC - PN - S022 - 22ton jack stands. Summit Racing - about $230 with shipping, plus sales tax.

Capt Mike

I would call a Freightliner service center and ask them. A lot of the components on our RV’s are truck based and not necessarily built for the RV manufacturer.

cbr046

Any chance it can be welded?  If it's just a random pin hole no problem.  If the inside of the tank is rusted from condensate water then yeah . . . replacement. 

- bob

John Haggard
19 minutes ago, Donflem said:

I’m glad this subject came up. I drove trucks most of my life and never heard of beads until I bought my rv. I’m used to checking my tire pressure a lot in a big truck but with the rv the valve stem gets stuck open. I have been told it’s the beads getting stuck in the stem. I just figured I would get rid of the beads when I change out the tires.

They make special filtered tire valves for the old style sand beads.

The new ones are larger glass beads 

They won't stick the valves open .

Paul A.

CALL Scott at sourcerv.com . EXPERT on the Chassis.

458-207-9442
25375 Loten Way
Veneta, OR 97487

Paul A.
3 hours ago, TOBYLB4 said:

07 Dynasty one of the rollers broke on my slide out tray. Anyone have any idea where I can get them?

nwrvsupply.com   or shop.findmyrvparts.com  http://eliternr.com/

Donflem

Thanks for the info, it’s all new to me.

Don

Condencer drip
Paul A.

Bet this would would to clean out the drain lines from the bottom.

Palmetto Packing 1101 Packing Extractor ,removable,7 1/2 In. L

Packing Extractor, Removable, 7 1/2 In. L

Condencer drip
Ray Davis
2 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Bet this would would to clean out the drain lines from the bottom.

https://www.zoro.com/palmetto-packing-packing-extractor-removable-7-12-in-l-

Link no workie 

Condencer drip
Paul A.
Just now, Ray Davis said:

Link no workie 

Just corrected the post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Condencer drip
Ray Davis

Got it,   scary looking  😈

A/C
Duanebalogh

Thank you well try that and let you know. We're not at a park we have our coach in our shop plugged into 50amp. We've checked all breakers and turned them off and on. Is there other places in our coach where the breakers are? We found them in the back over our washer/dryer. Is there another place for others?

RustyTools
We have air-only inflation on '08 Camelot 40PDQ, with the Valid system.
I started to take the coach out to refuel the other day, and noticed that it went to full-inflate only on the left side when the TRAVEL button is pushed. Right side inflated normally.  If I dump all air, it stays down. If I manually level it or put it in AUTO, it behaves normally. If I air-down the left side and then put it back in TRAVEL, it will slowly start going to full again.  I've gotten myself totally confused over the valves and I got to wondering which side/valve is really bad, the one that lifts about 4-5" in TRAVEL or the one that stays lower? I never really paid attention as to how high the coach lifts in TRAVEL mode, so I don't know which side to believe is correct.

Simplest and least expensive (relative terms indeed!) solution was to replace the valve(s).  After a lot of searching and calling, I finally found the correct valves. The originals were Hadley, which are now Ridewell K861003 (also called 6330BFAB15), if anyone else needs that particular number. Exact same configuration, etc. I suppose other brands/models probably work the same, but I was hoping to do a one-for-one swap and be able to use the same 'rod' lengths without having to fiddle with adjusting ride heights.

Anyways, the new valves didn't solve the problem. Like I said, the left goes to TRAVEL height while the right stays down. I can switch to MANUAL and get both to raise or lower, and leveling also works correctly when in AUTO.  I don't know much about them or how to troubleshoot them, but do I start looking at the 6-pak or the controller stuff now? Is the 6-pak made by Valid as well?

Any and all help is welcome... I'm sidelined in the FL Keys and it's the middle of hurricane season!

Chieflou

Mark,

That sounds like an awesome plan.  You won't really be paying for "diagnostic manhours" which can quickly get out of hand, but merely for scheduled service which will accomplish two goals: fresh lube/filter and confirmation of dipstick tube accuracy.  Well, confirmation with the caveat of the dilemma regarding manf fill specs being for dry or pre-lubed engine.  I think that concern is pretty well resolved by numerous comments we've seen here about folks routinely running their levels a bit on the low side.  Your engine won't know if level is a bit low ... it definitely will know if it's overfilled. And if overfull, it will take matters into its own hands, so to speak, to resolve the problem.

The good news I think and hope for you is that you have a common, easily resolved issue.  That you can eliminate that dreadful "major engine repair needed" diagnosis premonition lurking in the back of your mind.

Please keep us all informed with how things go.

Best regards,

Lou S.

10k Onan Quiet Diesel shuts off with no load.
Dbircky

Went to exercise the generator in my 2009 Camelot, wouldn't start.  Error Code 36.  Changed fuel filter, primed, and it fired right up.  After about 10 minutes I put a load (1 A/C, then ten minutes later a second A/C) on it.  Everything was running fine.  After about 20 minutes, I shut down one A/C, 5 minutes later shut the second one down.  Within a minute after the second A/C was shut off, the generator stopped.  New chassis and house batteries are fully charged.  AGS is turned off.  Back to getting Error 36.  Going to pull fuel filter again, and blow the incoming fuel line back into the tank.  And try it again tonight.  Am I missing anything or need to look elsewhere?

Unsure if this is related, but after taking out the old filter with the lines still attached, I shook it and the generator fired up and kept running (with no load) until I shut it off to put the new one on.  

Thanks.

Jester1

I do not. I requested one from Monaco and they have not returned the email request

Adding a 2nd Inverter
MHRookie

Not to hijack the post… but, how can I tell what my inverter will power up?  I have the 2012 model and only run the fridge and micro wave… what else does/can it run?

Nevada Rob
9 minutes ago, Jester1 said:

I do not. I requested one from Monaco and they have not returned the email request

Don't hold your breath waiting on Monaco to return any email. I have sent them 3 emails over the last 5 weeks on various questions. No response of any type. Customer service has been pretty much eliminated by most large corporations. Not all but most large companies don't want the older products on the road.

Adding a 2nd Inverter
jacwjames

My 2002 Windsor has a main service panel and a subpanel just for the inverted circuits.  The subpanel has labels for what it powers.  In my case it powers all the outlets in the coach and basement except one outlet behind the refrigerator. 

There is a separate breaker for the refrigerator, Microwave, Kitchen outlets, bathroom outlets.  and the outlet by the passenger side seat. 

If your subpanel is not labeled just turn them all off, plug a radio into the outlet in doubt and start flipping breakers and listen for the radio. 

A/C
Duanebalogh

Got our ac fixed it was tge cable plug and we unplugged it the plugged it in now all 3 acs are working.  We cleaned the filters while we had the ceiling down. Thanks for all the help

Ray Davis

The only thing I can add is ask them to please keep track of how much oil they put in.

When I was at Speedco they just added oil until the dip stick said full.   

wa6e

Like Dr4Film, my 2007 Cayman overflow tube is in the passenger side wheel well in front of the tires.

Gerry  07 Cayman

Jester1

Rick,

Thanks for the diagram. Yes mine is the same. I guess I haven’t clearly conveyed  that the excessive load seen bye the inverter causes it to shunt. That load is seen via fault that is going to ground or a neutral leg. Since all neutrals and grounds are tied together a fault is seen by the inverter. So yes I have a short either in my ac or bath leg. Been at work the last week and will physically find it when I get home. But so far the amp meter points to ac compressor. I’ll update once 100%

Dr4Film
5 hours ago, Brett63 said:

I need to completely take mine apart, clean and redo.....No idea where to start....lol Kinda wish they were just manual instead of elect.

There have been more times than NOT that I wished that the two of mine were electric and not manual. Do you want to switch? LOL

IlliniCathy

Thanks all for the excellent help!!!

Dr4Film

Ron, do you have the manual and if so is there any troubleshooting pages that may step you through to find the problem?

I don't know much about the Valid System and mine is HWH which I am quite familiar with now.

RustyTools

Hi Richard!    We workamped several years in the FL Keys and loved it (in fact, moved here awhile back). Hope all is well with y'all.

I'm not finding a lot of troubleshooting Valid details, other than calling up the Valid fault modes (which don't show any faults), so I'm kinda driving blind right now. 

In fact, I'm starting to feel like I'm chasing my tail.  I just pulled off the 6-pak and it tested good on the bench. All 6 solenoids are working and air is flowing as a solenoid is activated.

Controller? ugh!

Ivan K

I don't have Valid either but there are similarities. Looks like you ride hight valve on the low side does not get air from the Sixpack, right? You could check if the solenoid gets power when it should, in travel mode.

SmartSelect_20210729-145647_Drive.jpg

waterskier_1

You will not be getting any wiring diagrams from REV.  MAGNUM doesn't provide schematics or detailed theory of operation.  I was not even aware that they were sensing anything on the neutral as far as current/ voltage is concerned.  Since the A/C is not connected to the inverter directly, there is no way to directly measure neutral current.  They could measure the voltage difference between neutral and ground and draw some inferences.  But to have an appreciable voltage drop Wirth 30 Amps you'd need undersized wire, or miles of it.  And, if that was there your Electrical Management System,  i.e. Progressive Surge Protector, would shut the system down because it does sense neutral current.  You do have an EMS?  I'm now wondering, given that the inverter is shutting down due to current, if maybe the shore power can't supply tree required current without dropping voltage (i.e., a brown out situation).  This is more likely at RV Parks versus home connections or generator power.  What happens is the park system can't supply the required power demand, especially in the heat when everyone is running all their A/Cs so the voltage drops.  I'm pretty sure Magnum souks be monitoring incoming voltage, and if just one leg (very likely) were to drop enough, the inverter would shut down.  You could check this by running on your generator since it won't be affected by other power demands outside the coach.  If all runs fine on generator, I think we Maddy have zeroed in on the problem.  If it doesn't run fine on the generator, then you have also confirmed the problem is inside your coach.  Hope this helps. 

Ray Davis

I don't have Valid either but they appear very similar.  Someone correct me if i'm all wrong here.   One of those travel solenoids is either bad or not getting 12v when it should.   Ron has tested the solenoids so the controller 12v is not getting through   On my HWH I think that could be a fuse inside the controller case,  might even be a wire cut, shorted or unplugged.   This next part I'm theorizing,  in a bind 12v could be fed to that solenoid and it should power up just like the other side.                      You would need to be able to remove the 12v when you stop though.   Better yet,   might be to wire both travel solenoids together temporarily.

How about it,  will it work.

ISM Service Manual
Romeo84

Omg thia makes me so happy! Thank you so much. I literally almost bought this yesterday. Bummer I thought it was a free pass..

Exhaust Repair / Replacement 2005 Monaco Diplomat
Rick A

Thanks John. I researched mufflers and found 2. One was a Nelson - the originally installed version now unavailable and the other was a Donaldson equivalent at C$369. Taxes and shipping added C$90.
Got the muffler next day FedEx and It was an easy retrofit just had to shorten the straps. 
Thanks for advice. I didn’t have a  welding friend so this was a an easy half day job. 

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Hi everyone. I have a problem in that I was getting some work done in Eugene Ore. we were not plugged in last night so we ran the generator. Both airs, Aqua hot on electric then the microwave was turned on ran for a little bit then the generator shut down along with everything else. The generator restarted immediately the a/c’s came on, turned off aqua hot , no more microwave, everything seemed fine. When I went to shut down air and generator I noticed on the display panel that all the green lights were on but no amp monitoring. Shut everything down. Moved on this am to park, plugged into 50 amps, progressive says 119 volts on both sides , zero errors. 50 amp circuit breaker says 50 volts one one leg , 145 volts on the other leg. No voltage in coach. The monitor panel does not light up at all on shore. On generator I am getting 119 volts on both sides of the 50 amp circuit breaker. Still no amp measure on monitor panel but all stations are lite up. What am I missing. Inverter fine, no blown circuit breakers, salesman swith on, interior dc all works. ?????? Thank You Tim, 2007 Camelot

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

What transfer switch do you have?  If it's an IOTA, it needs to be replaced.  Mine melted.

I'd open the transfer switch and check for burned or melted contacts and if all looks good, make sure all the wire connections are tight.

Dwight

I'd turn off the 12 volt disconnect switch to the house and unplug from shore power, before I would open the transfer switch.

Dwight

Exhaust Repair / Replacement 2005 Monaco Diplomat
John Haggard
41 minutes ago, Rick A said:

Thanks John. I researched mufflers and found 2. One was a Nelson - the originally installed version now unavailable and the other was a Donaldson equivalent at C$369. Taxes and shipping added C$90.
Got the muffler next day FedEx and It was an easy retrofit just had to shorten the straps. 
Thanks for advice. I didn’t have a  welding friend so this was a an easy half day job. 

Fantastic 

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Thanks Dwight, I have opened the transfer switch, no observable problems. I am getting 119 VCA in 119 v out. There is an 80 amp house breaker in the front run bay. I can’t get a good reading off for it but should I assume that if I am getting 120 v off generator into house, it is probably not the problem

No 120 ac into Coach
Dr4Film

Have you checked the circuit breakers on the Inverter to make sure they haven't tripped?

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Yes, they are both engaged and presently have inverted power in coach

I keep thinking it has to be something simple but no lucki

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

When you say:

"50 amp circuit breaker says 50 volts one one leg , 145 volts on the other leg." 

I presume you mean a breaker inside the coach.

I had a breaker inline with my 50 amp RV hookup at my office, thatt my Progressive did not like and would not allow power into the coach.  My volt meter showed slightly different voltages on the two legs.  So I replaced the breaker.  All was well, voltage the same on both sides and the Progressive liked it.

If I were you, I might replace that 50 amp breaker.

Dwight

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

This is the 80 amp house breaker I referred to earlier

image.jpg

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

That's a DC circuit, shouldn't have anything to do with the shore power.

I'm still thinking that the transfer switch is suspect

Dwight

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Well, it seems strange to me that I get 120 out of both sides but what do I know. I guess I could jump across shore power directly and bypass the switch just to ensure it is not the problem

Thanks for the info on the 80 amp runbay breaker. No wonder I could not get any reliable readings off it

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

The transfer switch should default to shore power.  If you are getting generator power into the coach, then the transfer switch is either switching to generator, or stuck at the generator position.  If all or part of the transfer switch contacts are stuck (mine melted), then something strange could be happening.

I'd only jump across it if I was very sure I knew which terminals to jump . . . would probably be a last resort for me.

I'll ask again, what transfer switch do you have? The IOTA switches are known to fail and cause fires.  Mine melted but did not cause a fire.

Long story, which I'll try to make short.  When we were dry camping near Yosemite, the IOTA melted.  We bought a new transfer switch from Camping World in Fresno and installed it.  It worked for about 12 hours and then failed.  The circuit board fried.  So after a call to tech support for the transfer switch, confirming that the circuit board was dead, I removed the shore power input wires from the switch and connected the generator input wires in the shore power positions.  Since the dead transfer switch contactors were defaulted to the shore power inputs, this allowed us to get generator power in the coach and continue our dry camping trip.

Dwight

Dash air
BobSchmeck

Hypoxia ; Jim C

Did I read that right ? Your in the Phoenix area?😉☺ I would love to talk to you when we get back in October. Unless we get rained delayed again.  We are in Gilbert.  In that case i would like to take to you sooner.  Lol

I  agree the 2 on the compressor side would the most likely culprits. I'm hoping we are able to get through this session without too many recharges. 

Dash air
woodylmiller

Just a guess, I had a leak one time in the condenser, that's what I call it, the "radiator" of the system.  Road debris had flown up and put a small leak in the tubing.  Should be oil staining there if that's the case.

Woody Miller

Dash air
Hypoxia
12 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Hypoxia ; Jim C

Did I read that right ? Your in the Phoenix area?😉☺ I would love to talk to you when we get back in October. Unless we get rained delayed again.  We are in Gilbert.  In that case i would like to take to you sooner.  Lol

I  agree the 2 on the compressor side would the most likely culprits. I'm hoping we are able to get through this session without too many recharges. 

Yes nearly half the year.  Should be there in late Sept. for a bit.

No low beams, just high beams 2002 Dynasty
Patrick

Hello,

My 2002 Monaco Dynasty has no low beam headlights when I pull on the headlight switch. When I switch to high beams, the high beams come on. The previous owner swapped the originals headlight housings to an aftermarket housing. Looks like an aftermarket 1997 BMW 5 series headlight housing.  

I have power on both screws at the low beam headlight fuse panel in the front drivers side electrical box.

Before I order a new set of headlight housings are there some other things I can check?

My apologies if this has been discussed previously. I tried searching articles and posts but couldn’t find what I needed. 

if you could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it. 

No 120 ac into Coach
Joel & Susanna

Could it be that your shore power neutral is swinging to the lower leg thus this is how your getting high 145 on L1 and low 50 on L2. Unplug and measure the campground socket. Measure neutral to ground also. I had a campground supply did this and that blew my inverter, sat receiver and a DVR costing me over $1800.

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

He has a Progressive Industries surge protector, probably an HW50c.  That box will prevent the situation you described.

Dwight

But . . . a similar thing could be happening in the transfer switch, or in the breaker box in the coach . . . 

No low beams, just high beams 2002 Dynasty
ktloah

There was a discussion on this earlier.  Search for this in the electrical section. I had the same problem and it was where the wire harness plugs into the smart wheel control box in the front bay beneath the driver. J12 connector was burned. 

Dash air
BobSchmeck

Jim C

We plan on being back home after the Albuquerque baloon Festival in October.  God willing.  

Always looking to learn, do you except bribes for education & tool loans.  That's the preferred way over trial & error.

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Ok,  no luck with jumping the shore power to the other side. Wondering if it’s a possibility that the inverter is not recognizing the shore. BTW the readings I was getting off the 50 amp breaker were milia  by volts I am not real good with multi meters and did not notice it. At present I am out of ideas. I am going to order new transfer switch. I don’t want one that hums. Any advice

TigerMar

Hi Ron,

You can give Valid (they are in Canada) a call and ask for Lucus .  I didn’t have the exact issue with mine, but similar on my passenger front.  Lucus  was exceptionally helpful.  He can help diagnose the issue and supply any need parts.

I replaced all 6 solenoids in the front 6 pack and one valve rod and seal as the valve on the passenger raise valve was leaking.  This may be the problem with your ride height valve.

Best,

Gary

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
NAMVET77

My generator will not run for more than 58 seconds.  Mater of fact it runs every time for 58 seconds.  All the troubleshooting said to check the cooling level (it was good).  I decided to change out the coolant and add new coolant.  Changed the oil, air filter and fuel filter also.  Figured I'd do it all.  Same results, 58 seconds.  Didn't think that would change anything but it was almost due only 280 hours on the gen.  The next thing was the cooling sensor.  I removed the cooling sensor (what a pain in the butt).  Now I have a big problem.  The threaded portion came out (with a little muscle).  The bottom portion of the sensor didn't come out.  It is stuck in the opening.  There is all of about 2 or so inches to work with because the heat shield for the exhaust is right there.  I am on the road so I don't have the tools I would normally have but will buy whatever I need to get the gen fixed.  Any ideas on how to get the bottom piece of the sensor out (not much room to work with)???  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don Genesse (namvet77)

04 Camelot

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.